the Rift

[OPEN] one more for the crown

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
"No problem" he had said, with his usual boyish flair, when Akumi confirmed that she was indeed no longer in pain. The delight he attained from being even just a small help was enough to draw a great smile across his red marked face—there was joyous fulfilment in even the smallest of deeds. He found her shyness endearing and encouraged her forwards to accompany him back to the Worlds Edge "we are a friendly herd and gladly accept new family members, you are more than welcome" and with that, he set off on the journey back home, his two foxes bounding on ahead whilst he made light conversation about the various Gods of Helovia. A topic, he discovered, was rather hard to actually make light conversation of, given recent events and their consequences.

"I don't really know much of the Moon God" apart from her and fathers night of passion, that resulted in my dear half brother, he thought with amusement. "She gives us the Worlds Edge to live in and gifts a few of us magic so that we might serve our family better, you might even see her once a blue moon when the Seer requests her presence" he laughed, then continued "though sometimes it backfires" he said, more as an after thought, remembering that time Maren had tried to call the Sun God. There were others things he might have said, but didn't, as he realised all the thoughts that sprang into his mind about the Gods were largely prejudices, to his own admission and surprise. How long had those thoughts been festering in the back of his mind? He didn't air them, however, thinking it best that Akumi formulate her own opinion rather than colour it with his own bigotry. "As for the others, we have a Sun God, Earth God and Time God" Kisamoa—Kaos—also sprang to mind, but was he even a God? Though his power seemed to beat that of even the Helovian deities, did that make him something more? Or something else?

"If you're interested in Gods, I would seek out a wise one, they will know far more than me" he suggested, shooting a glance with a crooked smile, it wasn't the first time he had felt out of his depth talking about Gods. On that note, however, Sacre took the opportunity to explain ranks, wondering what Akumi might choose as her speciality, if she chose at all. "Ah, I should explain ranks! The Worlds Edge, like many of the other herds, have a rank system for those who wish to pursue an... ah interest" was that the best way to put it? "There are five different areas; warriors, crafters, spies, wise ones and, of course, healers like me! I am the head of my rank, along with Tilney and Lyanna, even if you don't wish to be a healer, its good to know who your Doctors are" he gave her a gentle wink, before glancing back to the road ahead, noticing the trench that surrounded the Worlds Edge appearing in the distance. They were almost there.

"Is there something in particular you would like to do?" he asked, letting her decide for herself. Perhaps all this information might be overwhelming and he dropped it there for now, letting the mare make of it what she will. By this point, the Doctor had arrived at the border to the Worlds Edge and turned right, heading for the black gate that would allow them to pass across the spike riddled trenches. "The door, if you're not in the business of wings, is a good thing to remember" he suggested, passing through before holding it open for her "unless you want to be skewered, which I would not advise" he gave the glass spikes a disdainful look.

"Welcome to the Worlds Edge" the fox-boy announced.

on the day that you were born the angels got together
and decided to create a dream come true

yewrezz

@Akumi ! Let me know if there's a rank you'd like :3 also, sorry about the wait on the table, it should be up soon. University is kicking my ass D:

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
[Image: 58b307e9466e9]

Akumi
    Akumi began to walk with the stallion as he gestured for her to come. She was unsure of the way, but trusting of the stallion, Sacre, that would bring her there. Akumi flicked her ears from side to side in a quick swift motion to signal her gratitude of being welcome in a place to which she was not born in.

Hearing more about the Moon God really perked her ears. She listened intently hoping for information but sadly the stallion had very little to give. “Magic?” she said with deep curiosity. “Do you have any magic?” she asked hoping not to intrude on things he might’ve wanted to keep personal. Though Akumi was interested in the Moon God, she moved on to a different subject, making note to seek out a wise one later in the day to solve her itching curiosities.

As Sacre began to talk about ranks and what interests she might pursue, she took the time to think about what she was good at. Her past of traveling, always hidden and learning how to get around unnoticed would make her a good spy. But along with that, the gentle healing heart her mother once had drew her closer to healing. Yet the anger and rage that burned in the back of her mind due to the loss of the ones she loved most, caused her to want to be a warrior. Not sure what to choose, she stayed silent and listened as his smooth voice went through her ears. She piped up after a while to ask, "What areas are you needing more in at the moment?"

Upon nearing world’s edge, Akumi began to look ahead at the trench that lay not too far from them. They were deep and looked like a pretty long fall. Suddenly Sacre made a right turn and Akumi followed suit to see a large gate that surrounded the border to the World’s Edge. She looked the structure up and down before noticing the spiked that riddled the ground. Giving them a good look, she continues into the wide gates that Sacre opened for her, eager to learn of the new place she would find a home in.

One More For The Crown
Image Credit

@Sacre
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
So sorry for the late reply. >.<
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre noticed, the more he tried to explain the workings of the divine to Akumi, the more he realised that actually, he didn't really know how it all happened very well. Magic, for instance, he understood came from the Gods or he believed they at least had some kind of hand in it, perhaps he was wrong there too, but he never really understood how magic worked. Other than when he reached for his own it always came from within rather than from the world around. Did others have a different experience than his own? "Yes, I do" he smiled, before continuing "I am the Moon's Doctor and she gives me her magic healing winds to aid me in my task as healer" he explained. "I have other magic too, but that is exclusive to me, or so I believe" he frowned a moment, wondering if that was true or not before looking at Akumi with a note of curiosity "you might end up with magic of your own, I wonder what kind what you might gain" he pondered out loud, grinning at her. 

The note of her question, however, sparked his curiosity enough that he sought to delve a little deeper into her own backstory, "where you were originally from... did you not have magic?" Perhaps he shouldn't pry, but as much as it was a foreign concept to others entering Helovia, the thought of a magicless world was unfathomable to gentle Sacre who had grown up in a land filled with it.

After that, he moved back to the topic of ranks again and thought for a moment about the places that needed filling. The Worlds Edge was quite blessed in members and, whilst they weren't really pressingly bare in any area, he did know of two that might need some recruits "the crafters and the seers could do with some help" he suggested. In fact, he didn't really know who the new Seer was yet. "My brother, Mesec, is a head Glazier along with Graasvoel, they craft with glass" he smiled fondly at his memory of the Nightwind, making a mental note to track him down again "the Seers I'm not sure who leads them at the moment, but you can usually find them wandering around in the mists, they talk to the Moon Goddess for us" he shrugged. Perhaps Alysanne might know who their new Seer was since he hadn't seen Alune in quite a while. Of course, Akumi could still choose whatever role she would like, even remain rankless and he was sure the Edge would welcome her warmly "the warriors are led by General Roskuld if you decide to join them, and the spies by Iona" with that, he fell silent for a while, allowing her time to make a decision if she wanted to.

The fox-boy gave a gentle content sigh and looked around at his forested home until finally he cocked his head curiously back at Akumi "what will you do now?" he asked.
on the day that you were born the angels got together
and decided to create a dream come true

yewrezz

@Akumi <3 sorry for the late reply!! You can find more info on the ranks here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=22186

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
Akumi
Akumi’s curiosity was never-ending. As Sacre began to talk about his magic Akumi got to wondering. How many other horses might have magic, what might they be able to do? Could they summon storms from nothing? Make flowers bloom without seed? This made her wonder and dream what it would be like to have her own magic. Answering Sacre’s question, she piped up amidst her thoughts. “I don’t really know the name of the place in which I lived. I was only there until I was 2 years old so I didn’t think much about asking where I was, I just enjoyed being there with my mother and father.” The mentioning of them got her to thinking… Her parents, or at least one of them, did have magic. Soñador, her mother, held two kinds of magic. One to make her horn indestructible and the other with the ability to share it on to a person or thing or place. “My mother, Soñador, had magic.” Akumi said quietly, her mother’s name floating softly off her lips hurt her aching heart. “She just had simple things though. Like her horn could never break or be cut when she wanted it to, and she could share some of her own magic to bless or curse a being or thing.” Unsure if she should go on she stopped to look down for a moment. Would it really be that much to tell him? He seems like an amazing stallion and after all she’d trusted him this far hasn’t she?

Akumi looked back up into Sacre’s sky blue eyes and the red lines that crossed them. “My mother had once blessed this village miles off from here near the forest where we used to live. Later in time the village grew greedy and wanted to seek her out for money. She has blessed them with abundant food and good crops and livestock yet they had still wanted more and thats what angered her the most. One afternoon when they almost caught her, the very stallion that man was using to hunt her down fell in love with her and went against orders to save her. Together they left and became my mother and father. His name was Elija. When I was two years old they decided to pay a visit back to the village to see if maybe they had a change of heart. The greed in man’s heart never changes. They began to shoot at us and soon hit Elija. My mother told me to run as far and as fast as i could… before she was out of sight I turned just to see the land become cursed by her and she fell to the ground.” Looking down for a moment a tear fell from her eye. “So i guess thats how I ended up here. Been looking for a place to call home for almost two years now. Sorry about all that. I know you only asked about magic but I got a little carried away.” she apologized.

Moving back to the topic of ranks again she listened as Sacre told about them. ‘What will you do now?’ she heard him ask. Well.. what will I do now? she questioned herself. Thinking mostly about the seer’s position and the fact that she wanted to know much about the moon Goddess and meeting her would be even better. She sought out to choose to be a seer. She thought of no better use of her time than to carry out quests for the God and spread her word and wishes amongst others. She even had hopes of becoming the lead seer but she thought of it as a stretch. But who knows what the future holds right? Akumi remained hopeful but still content with whatever spot she stayed in.

“I want to be one of the seer’s” Akumi said joyfully.

One More For The Crown
Image Credit

@Sacre
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Congratulations on COTM!!! <33 Also do you think you still be able to help me make a good table? >~<
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »