the Rift

[OPEN] Rock & Roll waves[questing]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
thought we'd build a dynasty that heaven couldn't shake
It was actually rather difficult to keep the flame burning. But, using her expansive knowledge of the earth around her, Isopia had found an extremely flammable substance with which to cover a small stick with. The substance, though highly volatile, took a long time to actually burn, making it perfect for the task at hand.

Isopia glanced over her shoulder at Hubris, who held the burning stick. He breathed ice onto his clawed hand to ensure that he would not be burned by the flame he carried. It seemed to be working well so far, although the trio had to tread carefully, and every now and then again they had to pause so that Hubris could rearrange how he held their torch and re-ice his hands as needed.

As they arrived to the beach, Babel, who had never seen the ocean, squawked in surprise and something like outrage as he saw the vast body of water. With large black eyes, he turned to Isopia, forcefully wriggling his way into her thoughts to find everything he could about what an ocean was, what it was for, and what he should think about this.

Patiently, the demi-goddess ignored this. She had other things to worry about.

"Alright Hubris." She began, turning to look at the bronze.  "Again." Nodding obligingly, Hubris skirted forward. He looked at the helmet that Isopia had placed on the ground, and gently lowered the flame onto it, until the item was covered in bright white-red flames.

For her quest, Iso begins to burn the Helmet for the second time.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Strange things had occurred on these sands - strange things always would, Amaris surmised. It was Helovia after all - strange things were bound to happen when bored gods and unknown magic pervaded the lands. Amaris looked out over the ocean - it was not dissimilar to the one she had crossed not a few weeks earlier, on the trip to her father's homeland. The dragonmare reflected on stories her mother had told her - stories of an elf, the source of dark magic, living somewhere off the coast, in the deep depths of the ocean, beyond where the sun sets at night; Stories of a golden dragon leaping from the cliffs of the Edge to fly with her bronze mate; stories of a great many tears being shed as heartfelt discussions were had. Amaris remembered them all as stories only, for the true memories laid with her mother's spirit - wherever that was now.

Such strange things dwelt on the surface of her mind, and so it was oddly easy for her to see something stranger still occurring and accept it as just another version of 'normal' in Helovia. If anything, it wasn't the doing that caught Amaris' curious gaze, but the figures undertaking the ritualistic burning of some metal object. The mare was beautiful - tall, elegant and yet without a doubt strong of presence and body, and - gold, bronze, came Dramyrth's thought, like an arrow to the dragonmare's mind. Gold indeed, and another male no less; bronze and male was less surprising, but also unexpected - the metallic colours were not known to be commonplace.

Her (not-so) little king called out to the dragons first, as Amaris approached the curious gathering. Dramyrth's scales glittered in the sunlight, as he swooped over the gathering with a severe curiosity - he was not about to launch himself at the unknown dragons, but certainly wanted to make his presence, his magnificence known to them. He was ready for any challenge they dared to offer him - he had not been ready for Vadir's, the last time they met, he would not fall into that trap again, but likewise he would not seek out a challenge unless outright disrespect was shown.

"Hello," came Amaris' gentle, singsong purr, a warm greeting - she hoped the lady would not mind her approach, her intrusion, and attempted to soften any potential upset caused by her arrival by offering her services instead. "What a curious object," she began, lowering her golden crown to peer at it (though still several strides away from Isopia as a whole), "do you need any help?"
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

@Isopia
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
Hubris, polite and content as always, glanced over his shoulder as the younger royal approached. He offered a welcoming trill, but turned his bright blue eyes back to the task at hand. The dragon knew how important this task was to Isopia, and so despite the fact that normally he would have been more than happy to stop what he was doing and greet Dramyrth, he put Isopia's desires before his own.

Babel on the other hand, swept forward, a display of gold pride beaming in his onyx eyes. This one did not appear quite so... in need of respect as Vadir, and so the clever gold did not offer quite the display he had to the golden queen. Never the less, Dramyrth was older. Babel could not fly well enough yet to meet this larger gold in the sky, and he would not embarrass himself by trying. Instead, he rose onto his hind legs, spreading his wings wide, and offering a cry into the air.

Isopia pointedly ignored this display, caring very little for the politics of dragons. But speaking of dragons...

Amaris looked as though she had halted a transformation from equine to dragon right in the middle. Isopia wondered if this was in fact the case (could she halt her transformation in the middle, so that she could look as armoured and intricate as Amaris did?).

"I don't believe so." The demi-goddess replied, large golden eyes fixed on Amaris' scales for a moment, before returning her gaze. "I am required to first burn, and then cleanse the helmet." She offered, the cadence of her voice academic and sterile. " It needs saltwater for the cleansing." She added after a moment.

Hubris, deciding that this was his cue, used the end of his tail to gingerly push the object towards the waves. He did this in short bursts so that he would not burn himself. Though as the helmet rolled into the wet sands, it slid to a halt and his prodding would no longer movement. Someone would have to pick it up and toss it in. 

@Amaris

Dragons - they were so fickle, so proud and vain. Dramyrth knew he was the greatest King that ever was - he did not need abject displays of submission from others to confirm this, so confident was he in himself. So he accepted the attention from the others , the welcoming trill (which he kindly returned to the older bronze), the wave of wings and cry from the younger golden prince was returned with a dip of his wings and a warm greeting song.

Amaris was mildly interested in their antics (she was half dragon after all), but managed to keep her focus on the curious process being undertaken by the tribrid mare before her. She announced that she did not need assistance, but also didn't seem perturbed by Amaris' tendency to watch the proceedings with avid interest (on the contrary, she gave Amaris a curious glance, something the dragonmare was used to, and Amaris braced slightly for a reaction much larger than the simple acceptance the earthly hued mare gave after making her assessment).

"Required?" Softly she questioned, though it was more intended as a rhetorical one - the dragonmare knew of tasks given to others by the gods in exchange for magic, or power, or knowledge, though she had never participated in one directly before.

"What will happen to it once it is cleansed?" This question seemed to come tumbling out of its own accord, and the dragonmare sheepishly smiled. "Sorry, you don't have to tell me," she added quickly, taking a step back as the bronze started pushing the helmet over the sand. Realising what was needed, Amaris immediately scooped some sand up as insulation into her right wing, before positioning it next to the helmet.

"If you give one last push while I scoop up, we'll get it where it needs to go," she offered with a warm smile, as Dramyrth landed nearby to offer his expertise (after inspecting the helmet and the bronze with a curious sniff, of course).

ooc: @Isopia
Feel free to pp Dramyrth helping to push and Amaris taking it to the water in your next post if you want :)

Amaris
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Isopia

Isopia exhaled with a nod. A sarcastic and pessimistic response was immediately on her lips, as are all things in my life, but she quickly swallowed it. "It is a quest from the God of the Earth." She explained, her academic and sterile voice coming out more softly than she had planned. "Once this ritual has been completed three times, the helmet will be returned to its original state. I've placed magical enchantments on it ... but they are no longer required, and so this cleansing is required. Or so the God of the Earth says."

Isopia, immobilized by this half-dragon woman's altruistic assistance, said nothing as Amaris moved towards the helmet. Hubris, clearly not phased by politeness as his bonded was, trilled a joyful sound and revealed a row of sharp teeth, poised in a happy smile. Hubris nosed towards the helmet, indicating that he'd gratefully accept the gold's assistance in giving it one more shove, as Amaris had suggested. As they did, and as she cleverly used the sand to protect her wings, the helmet made a graceful arc into the water, where it sizzled harmlessly as the flames died away.

Hubris moved out into the water to ensure that the helmet wouldn't drift away. "Thank you" Isopia murmured, clearing her throat and then starting again. "Both of you. It hadn't occurred to me to use sand as an insulator. That's very clever."

@Amaris

It was easy to fall into the clinical, academic focus of the proceedings, to forget that the tribrid and hybrid were two incredibly unique individuals, to simply put all of that aside and work together on a common goal. The dragonmare listened to the information given to her with interest - she truly hadn't meant to be nosey, but since she was being supplied with the answers anyway, she absorbed them, fascinated.

She couldn't help but recall stories ( always there are stories, nothing that I have ever done for myself ), of her father's quest to be able to breathe fire as his heritage warranted, of how the Sun Lord demanded a molten piece of rock to be swallowed by the great bronze dragon hybrid that was her sire - the idea of quests was viewed with hesitancy since that tale, but as always, the mare was open to viewing the world from a different perspective. What was perhaps more interesting, what that the mare herself placed the original enchantment upon the item - Amaris managed to hold her tongue on the questions that sprung to her mind this time ( - what enchantment did you place upon it? Why? How? - ) and instead nodded along before watching the two royal dragons work together to complete this task.

Dramyrth took his position beside the bronze, sweeping some more sand onto the dragonmare's wing ( to be sure ) with his tail, before giving a great shove against the helmet. He followed the older bronze dragon as the helmet was flung across the shore and into the shallow, curious to watch the heated metal sizzle and pop as heat dispelled and the cleansing ritual came to its completion. Amaris had been watching the dragons with vague curiosity, a small half-smile upon her lips as she simply enjoyed the moment, before the mare's words brought her back to the present.

"Oh," she said, as her gaze returned to the horned mare's façade. "No problem," warm tones spoke honestly, a genuine grin upon her maw, as Dramyrth trilled a colourful tune ( another one you've been practising, huh? ) in response to being included in the expression of gratitude. "Glad to be of service!" At least I can be helpful sometimes, she thought somewhat sadly - recently she really hadn't found a use for herself, not knowing what path she wanted to walk or even if she had ambitions to be anything more than Amaris.

ooc: @Isopia
Happy to finish it up here-ish unless you want them to keep chatting? - awkward Amaris doesn't know how to make an exit lol, but I'm planning on throwing Amaris into Iso's Moon summoning thread next so see you there ^^

Amaris
I like being tagged!

Isopia

[I'm good to end here. Thanks Whit! <3]

Hubris found that he rather liked seeing other dragons out and about. Before this, he'd really only had the opportunity to be around Volterra's dragons, and given the complex and tumultuous relationship the large equine had with Isopia, his meetings with Vadir and Verzes were often strained or at the very least, cut short. As Dramyrth offered a beautiful melodic trill, Hubris tried to replicate it. His was a poor imitation, but his heart was in it, and the sound of his own song caused a smile to shoot across his face. Babel on the other hand merely watched this, black eyes revealing nothing.

"I should continue on. I promised to complete these tasks as quickly as possible. Thank you again for your help."

Slightly disappointed, but knowing that what Isopia had said was true, Hubris coaxed the helmet into his grip, holding onto it tightly. It was no longer hot and could be easily carried. With any luck, they'd be done within a few hours if the weather held.

With a polite nod in Amaris' direction, the tribrid and her dragons took to the sky.