the Rift

[OPEN] What do you want to do?

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

She can’t say she’s done much in the way of getting to know her new herd mates. But then again, there didn’t seem to be all that many of them. Maybe because she spends most of her time in the oasis or trying to sleep the heat of the day away in some shade. Tallsun is blisteringly hot here, though she prefers that that freezing to death during Frostfall. Her coat isn’t exactly good at growing hair, and though she does have some hair, it’s largely just that wet seal-coat kind of skin. Which at least fares better in this climate than the Basin.

But still, she lingers in the oasis, trying to not roast to death. Even Thea is content to let her wallow in some level of self-pity. But even her companion is hot, and seems to enjoy slithering around the water in some form or another. Today, she’d a black and yellow snake, writhing around in the pool like a child (technically she is a child), splashing Syrena on purpose with her tail. On purpose because she’s a freaking snake, and can move almost seamlessly in the water, and is very clearly picking her tail up and smashing into back into the water. The droplets rain down on Syrena, turning her reds and oranges, and really, she doesn’t mind.

It’s strange to be somewhere too where the water is actually warm enough to turn her warm instead of cool colors. She is so used to the purples and blues and greens of her skin than this change to something fiery and warm is almost off-putting. Almost. But she finds that she kind of likes it. Another splash from Thea, and then some annoyance and boredom through their bond. Syrena looks at the snake, asking, “Well what is it you want to do?” she asks, entirely uncertain what she can do. She has no key yet and is largely stuck on this island, though she would just brave the monsters and swim the hell across if she had to.

Her bonded has no reply, merely slithering out of the water and onto the shore just out reach of the water’s edge, where she sits, expectant and impatient. Though for what, exactly, Syrena isn’t sure.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Open to any! Syrena needs to meet others.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
Vezér

Today the girl is sneaking and and slipping through the sand. It's hot, but she is slowly growing used to it. She smiled as she followed people slipping behind dunes. She heard a lot of talking, lots of worrying and bitching. She grew tired of the same old crap quickly. Sighing she turned towards the oasis. It wouldn't hurt to get out of the sun and get some food and water. There was no need to fear eating anymore. She pranced happily to the center of the Dragon's Throat. Her white tiger hide sheath didn't bother her now that she was used to it. The hair was thinner where it touched her hide. She glanced down at the dagger hilt smiling warmly at it.

A questioning voice caught her attention and she glanced around. There was one dune in front of her before she reached the oasis. She was done playing the sneak today so the filly pranced right up the hill and paused at the top. Scarlet eyes caught the sight of a very odd lady in the water talking to a snake. A snake? Why was she talking to a snake? Dainty head tilted thoughtfully for a moment. Her conclusion was the snake had to be a companion or a pet at the least. Who else talked to snakes?

Smiling brightly the filly let herself slide down the dune. A whinny of greeting burst from her as she gracefully slid down to level ground. Laughing brightly she stepped closer her eyes flickering between the odd horse and snake. "Hello Miss! I don't think we've met before." She smiled charmingly and stood next to the snake looking at it curiously. Unable to help herself she lowered her muzzle towards it and sniffed lightly. "Hello cutie!" She giggled happily and spoke again, "My name is Vezér by the way! My Apa, or father, is the Sultan." She turned her beam upon the mare lifting her head as she did so.

Stepping towards the water she lowered her head again muzzle reaching to take great gulps of the cool liquid. Feeling better she lifted her head again smacking her lips. "Sure is hot today huh? Is it alright if I join you in there?" Of course she would go in either way, but it was more polite to ask first. She also wanted to know more about the mare and simple questions like that told of her nature. After her answer was given the splash filly stepped into the water trying not to disrupt the surface to much. A sigh of pleasure flexed her sides. "Much better!" Silver speckled eyes flicked to the mare beside her straying to her fins. "I hate to be rude, but you aren't uh.." She fished for the words, pun intended, "a normal horse are you?" She battered her eyelids sheepishly hoping she didn't offend the mare.

---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 481
OOC/Tags;; @Syrena
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Melita Posts: 35
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16 :: Newborn - Birdsong
Sila :: Plain Zephyr :: Wakiya Heather

LET ME LIVE THAT FANTASY

Thus far, in her short life, Melita’s days had been filled with discoveries. She’d played along the red-hot sands, dug her hooves into its sanction and laughed at all the creatures buried beneath. She’d run through the waving grasses, chased by the tickling ends, and figured out just what had been attacking her. She’d followed after bugs and insects as they crawled into their homes, and only been a little disappointed when she’d found she was far too large to join them. Her favorite, however, had been splashing amidst the oasis, launching herself into its waves with newfound friends, and pretending to be a sea monster (brash and strong, outrageous and bold, slithering across the outcrops, diving into paradise, unleashing hell and power with the dominion of her potent words, her feral actions). The youth had hoped to do the same today, rush into the sea, brandish her wings out like swords, like shields, like plated armor and collide with some unsuspecting sailor, but as she approached, all mercurial whimsy, all tempestuous glory (a fire, a flame, in the making, cast into molds and sketches, but being sculpted all the same).

But as she stared out over the vast plain, there were already others sinking into its gallant edges – and they too, like the rest of the world before her, were foreign. She didn’t spy Pippigrin, Iskra, or Clementine wandering in its depths. She didn’t recognize them as anything but strangers – and she’d be the same to them. There was a slight hesitation in her steps, in pondering if she should merely flee to somewhere else, not bother or slight these creatures, but then fortune favored the bold, and her heart longed for something, so off she went, a wild honeybee racing down the sandy slopes and dune fortifications, screeching at the top of her lungs in her best bellow. “Hello!” She rang, forgetting and forgoing any other polite inclinations her mother had tried to bestow upon her, born to an unrelenting audacity and boldness she’d yet to fully harness. Her eyes went to the other girl first as Melita crashed and barreled her way into the oasis, shards of water droplets cascading all around her, not even bothering to ponder if this would irk anyone else, without wings like her sister, a smile bursting across her mouth. “I’m Melita!” She bestowed, barely pausing for breath before her eyes outlined the other’s frame, reminding her of spider webs (and she wanted to tell her she looked like the arachnids, pondered if she could spin like them, if she could catch her prey and munch on them later), then glancing towards Syrena, utterly enthralled the moment she set her eyes on her.

The colors on the other femme were awe-inspiring to the little snippet of a child, and her mouth fell open, jaw unhinged, at the slight of so many beautiful blends (like the sunset, like the Throat itself, alive in the swell of dragons and molten heat), wings opening and closing as her excitement became more apparent. “Whoa! You’re cool! How do you do that?” Attention bouncing and bouncing from one thing to the other, her gaze also fell on the companion (and there was that instantaneous pull again, wanting something, anything – information, knowledge, wisdom about everything in creation, what basked under the sun, what glowed beneath the moon). “Who is this?” Her maw pointed out to the rougarou, entirely captivated, allured, and beguiled by every moving and maneuvering thing.

@Syrena @Vezér

Dragon's Throat Forger

Today, they aren’t alone for long. A girl’s whinny breaks the silence, and Syrena looks up to find a brown and white - no, more cobweb than white – filly sliding down the dunes toward them. There seem to be a lot of children in this place, and admittedly, Syrena finds that strangely comforting. Children seem far less judgmental, and when they do judge, they say it aloud and don’t whisper behind her back. Sometimes they are a little peppy for Syrena’s taste, but she can learn to deal with that. Maybe, with Thea playing cute and cuddly, she can even stop being so damn off putting without meaning to be.

The girl comes to a stop near Thea, and for a moment Syrena’s heart lurches. She’s not a huge fan of the snake form only because it seems to easy to step on, but she knows that Thea is more than capable of not getting herself smushed. Still, Thea also likes attention, and wiggles closer to the girl, writhing with delight when the girl starts paying attention to her. She switches forms at that, picking a tiny little fennec fox with huge ears as if to say yes, yes I am cute,. “I moved here recently, so I’m sure we haven’t met yet. I’m Syrena, and that is Thea. The attention whore.” Thea gives her a face, sensing the fake insult, but Syrena gives her no face back. Then attention, emotions never do cross Syrena’s face.

The girl asks if she can join Syrena, and Syrena nods in agreement. It’s not like it’s her oasis, the way the pool of the Storyteller had been her pool in the Falls. There, no one ever dared bother her. Here, she knew she had to share, had no claim to lazing in the oasis by herself. And then the girl was asking just what Syrena was, and she’s about to answer when another Hello cuts across the oasis. She turns to find another filly, largely brown, as she crashes into the water with far less care than the first girl had shown. Ah, youth. She might be annoyed, but really, she enjoys the water that splashes on her coat, turning her gray skin red and orange and pink.

”Syrena,” she offers for Melita’s benefit, and then “That’s Thea. And the color changing is a remnant of my magic from before Helovia. My mother, you see, was part kelpie and part siren. My sire was equine. I am a combination of all three. So no, not quite a normal horse.” she says, trying to offer the spider-web girl (Vezer, they have names she reminds herself) a smile, though pretty sure she fails. Her muscles aren’t well trained in smiling, or moving, but she’s trying. Getting slightly better as the days go by. Though quite possibly, she’ll never be good at it.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

@Vezér @Melita

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
Vezér

She grins warmly at the mare as she slides down to meet her. She is pretty, but in a strange way. The fins behind her ears catch her attention and she looks away remembering the manners she had picked up. It was easier to get information when you were pleasant to others, and that included not staring at their deformities. Instead she focused on the snake as she came to stop near the water. The creature surprised the girl by shifting forms, "Wow, you are fascinating and super cute." She grinned and lowered her muzzle to the tiny fox with huge ears. "I like this form a whole lot better." She winked and giggled softly before turning back to the mare.

She giggled gleefully as she spoke of the fox being an attention whore. Now that was something she could relate to! "There's nothing wrong with liking attention." She cast another playful wink towards the adorable fox. "Do you know what she is? I've never seen an animal change shapes before." She walked into the water as the mare nodded that she could join her. Before Syrena can answer the question of her species, a cry rings through the air.

She turns her head to avoid drowning as the other younger filly dove into the water. She didn't mind being splashed, it actually felt good, but she wasn't sure how Syrena would feel about it. The filly prattled on after giving her name and it took all she had to not roll her eyes. Had she ever been like that? 'No... I had to grow up to fast.' A memory of her mother's teeth grabbing her flesh flashed through her mind.

She shoved the thoughts away and watched the girl before throwing her name out, "I'm Vezér." Luckily she was saved from having to say more when Syrena started talking. She had just assumed the mare's color was her normal color not from magic. She grinned at the idea of magic; she couldn't wait to have her own. She caught the way the mare's lips moved as if she wasn't use to smiling. Was she sad a lot? The filly's brow furrowed softly for a moment. Instead of pressing it she changed the subject, "I'm not sure what a kelpie or a siren is, but they sound cool." She smiled her eyes sparkling curiously as she pictured different types of creatures that had fins for ears and flippers.

---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 408
OOC/Tags;; @Syrena @Melita
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Melita Posts: 35
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16 :: Newborn - Birdsong
Sila :: Plain Zephyr :: Wakiya Heather

LET ME LIVE THAT FANTASY

She was enraptured - an easy emotion to come by for the little spit of a child – by the soft, bright colors, by the illustrious, spoken word of magic, and she instantly wanted to know all about its forms, its grace, its poise and potential, mind spiraling a mile a minute. Perhaps, due to her youth, she didn’t feel ignorant, unschooled, or benighted, but simply entranced by the knowledge coiling within her, a steady membrane soaking in all the details, all the inquiries. She wanted these spells and incantations too, to peel away her outer layer and reveal wondrous hues, or to speak into the rhythm of the sea, alter a charge of monsters upon an available target; so she only paused for a few painstaking instances, allowing the information to flow through her, to embrace her, to embody her, before launching a thousand questions. “How do you get magic?” The first spoken from her mouth was undoubtedly the most important, and then the others trickled through, in reverence, in speculation, in absolute radiance, curled from her excitement, her enthusiasm, her splendor for life – the grandest smile poised across her features, not yet poisoned or flattened by the measures of events or circumstances. “Does everyone have it? Can I change color like you?” The youth glanced at her frame, merely checking to see if her flesh had changed in the time she’d been settled in the oasis (it was disappointing to see they were the same legions of brown), then swerved her skull quickly to the other femme, Vezer. “Can you do magic?” The babe wanted to see more and more and more, absorb it into her memory, into her wiles, into her wishes, hopes, and dreams; wondering if those spider webs reached out to others and entrapped them (which would be wicked).

Melita, too fresh, too new, didn’t even think about the chances of anyone being bothered, ruffled, or perturbed by her ardor, fervor, or passion, the world had always been kind to her (she’d been born after Kaos’ uprising, knew naught except to enjoy, to relish, to taste and savor each flavor, each second). The inquiries, the interest, simply seemed to embrace her in an artful nuance of verve and spirit, until she felt she was going to come apart the seams, too excited, legs and wings splashing against the water. “What are those? Can they fly?” She wanted to fly, she wanted to lift into the air and stay there forever – but it meant leaving Clementine and mother behind, because neither of them had feathers – but the titles of kelpie and siren seemed exotic, and she’d never seen their ilk around. Her eyes studied Syrena again, too distracted by her appearance to even note the companion’s constant alterations, but didn’t see any wings, any plumage, any means to coast and sail into the void. Perhaps Syrena had more enigmas and sorcery within her, charmed, anointed, and consecrated beyond the girl’s wildest dreams – she wanted them too, all of it.

@Syrena @Vezér

Dragon's Throat Forger

She could say the same for Vezer. Pretty, though in a strange way. The spiderweb markings are rather abnormal, even by Helovia’s standards. Though the girl is more normal than Syrena, of course. Most everyone is here, still more horse than anything else, despite the colors and mutations and all manner of magic. Thea is pleased at the attention, and she flicks those ridiculous overlarge ears about, before deciding to leave the equines to it. She slips off, not going far, but contenting herself with playing in the sand dunes nearby.

It looks innocent enough, like Thea is in fact behaving. But in truth, she’s still being an attention whore, just from afar. Bounding about in the sand, drawing the eye to her now and again as the leaping little fox comes into her periphery vision. Syrena would have to agree with Vezer though, it’s not inherently a bad thing. Yes, Syrena teases Thea for it, gripes about it outwardly. But she’s thankful for the distraction Thea provides, always able to smooth over Syrena’s far more awkward social encounters.

They are interrupted before Syrena can answer the girl’s question though, the new filly exuberant and loud. Once, Syrena would have minded those antics far more than she does now. Somewhere along the line, her heart softened, and she found that she didn’t mind children in the way she might have expected. There are a thousand questions hanging in the air now though, and so she tackles them one by one.

“I don’t know what Thea is,” she admits to Vezer, still uncertain what Thea actually is, and wishing Thea just had the words to tell her. “I heard there are others like her here though, so hopefully I can find out.” It still feels ridiculous that she doesn’t even know what her own companion is, but she doesn’t. Thea is just a little bit of everything, though Syrena has noticed that the creature seems to return to the same four forms more than any others.

Then she turns her attention to Melita and Vezer both. "Kelpie’s are shape shifting water spirits, though they often take the form of a horse. Siren’s are magical temptresses that live by the sea and lure travelers off course. They don’t fly, however.” She stops there, not wanting to go into more detail with two children. Truthfully, she is somewhat afraid of the reaction she might get if they know the whole truth, that Syrena once kept herself immortal by killing those travelers she lured to their death. That power is long gone. That version of her is long gone. At this point, she had to let it go.

“Not everyone has magic,” she says, trying to answer Melita’s other questions. “And everyone’s magic is different. You can earn magic here, often as gifts from strange creatures and strange events. I can also make water plants grow,” she says, and as she says it, all around them the plants begin to extend themselves, growing longer and longer, waving in the soft current created by the three horses in the water. It’s not an exciting skill, but it’s all she has left.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

@Vezér @Melita

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli