the Rift

[OPEN] Where to begin?

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She returns from the Veins with her head spinning, wondering who she can talk to. She’s never really talked to others with healing magic, though certainly, there must be plenty in Helovia. How does she even begin to find them though? But her excitement is almost palpable, and she can’t quite bring herself to worry about how big this task really is. Five horses with different healing elements was no small task, but of course, she was asking for a piece of the Goddesses magic to keep as her own. It was no small ask, either.

She lands outside the gate, making her way in on foot through the metal gate, past the spikes that she still finds a bit unsettling. The day is hot, but not unbearable, the breeze offering a nice reprieve from the sun. Inside the Edge’s forest, the temperature drops even more, the sun only peeking through in slits.

Maybe she’ll just start here, wander the Edge and see who else has healing magic. Someone here must. The herd was huge, full of horses she didn’t even know. Though she tried to get to know as many as she could, it was nearly impossible, with so many coming in and out of this place. With so many coming in, really. There’d been an influx of horses into the Edge lately, which she can understand, given that all those from the Falls suddenly found themselves without a herd. But she hadn’t managed to keep up. So she sets off through the trees, making her way toward the cliff, figuring she’s got to run into someone who at least might have an idea of where she can start.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Mesec and @Raeden - maybe a healing lesson party? I can make a separate thread though if that's easier for either of you though. :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Raeden was spending her time today taking care of her little hut. Some of the sticks and branches have broken off and started to weather. The leaves on the top that protected her and Tin from the rain had begun to harden and turn to a dust-like material. Huffing slightly, she pulled the crumbling branches to the ground. Tin was out gathering stronger branches and fresh leaves to build up their shelter. Raeden always kept the broken sticks to keep the subtle fire going.This time of the season was brutal, while the heat was unbearable, the bugs were ten times worse. The smoke from the flames managed to keep the bugs out of her home, providing relief from the biting monsters. Turing her pointed crown Tin finally returned with the last bit of large elephant ear leaves. Gently she fastened the leaves together, then she attached them to the small hut. There, we are finally done Teal orbs looked to Tin as he was already starting to head into the hut to take a nap. Cream tresses shook with a slight laugh as her attention fell to a figure walking in the distance. I will be back The deer nods to Raeden as she walked away. Tin was taking a nice nap in the bug-free hutch.

Raeden followed behind the winged figure until it came to a halt. Teal orbs narrowed upon the form realizing it was Lyanna. It had been some time since their last encounter, and let's say Raeden was not in the best condition. She let a smile fall across her maw following behind the woman until she came to a halt. Her graceful body floated over to the mare as she nickered to let her know she was there. Finally, Raeden let her hooves come to a halt. Lyanna! It is so great to see you. How have you been? Her honey-sweet tones ring through the air towards the painted mare. Lyanna was the one who was always there for Raeden and the pale woman really respected her. The moon doctor was there for the birth of Gawen and any other time a doctor was needed. Raeden was always willing to help someone that she considered her friend.

words

Image Credits

@Lyanna

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec had been standing near the cliffs, grazing quietly and listening to Lyra chatter. She couldn’t speak yet, a day that Mesec wasn’t sure he was looking forward to, but she was lounging on his back - paws in the air - and making chirping and grumbling noises as if she was telling a story. He honestly had no idea what she was doing but her five tails occasionally whacked against his wings excitedly so she seemed content. Actually, he was pretty sure she was mimicking Lucius - who was perched in a tree nearby and eyeing the little kitsune as though there was nothing more he would like than to see how tasty she would be to eat.

Lyra heard the sound of someone approaching first, ceasing her strange babble and flopping over onto her paws before trying to scramble up Mesec’s neck. She was getting a little too big for that but wasn’t about to be deterred.

They both spotted Lyanna and Raeden a little further down the cliffs a moment later, the two mares seemingly just catching up to each other. Neither of them he knew very well, but at least well enough to recognize them instantly and that was an improvement.

He was debating on whether he should go over and say hello when Lyra launched herself off of his neck, hitting the ground and rolling a few feet before finding her balance and shooting off towards the mares.

She yipped in an excited fashion to them both, trying to run through their legs, and bouncing excitedly until Mesec finally arrived. He lowered his head and motioned for Lyra to join him and leave the two mares alone, but instead she sat down near Lyanna and looked up at the winged mare with shining, violet eyes. With a soft sigh, Mesec straightened up and offered a shy smile to the pair. “Sorry about that, she gets rather excited when there’s someone she doesn’t know.”

Mesec the Nightwind

@Lyanna
Mesec doesn't know how to join convos so Lyra does it for him ;D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

It isn’t long before Raeden finds her, and Lyanna is nearly overjoyed to see the pale mare. It’s been quite a while since they’d last spoken, and it hadn’t been the greatest situtation. Lyanna had quite literally nearly jumped off a cliff. Not that this is huge deal in her world, because she has wings, but the sentiment behind it was still the same. In a way, she still felt guilty for the whole thing, like it was her fault because she brought Toulouse to the Edge in the first place. Not that she could have known what he would be in their brief meeting in the Threshold. He’d needed help, and so she’d helped him. Kind to a fault.

“Raeden!” she says warmly, closing the distance between them and reaching out to tap Raeden on the neck if she’ll allow it. How have you been? I’ve been well, but keeping busy, I admit.  She’s about to tell Raeden about her trip to the Veins, when a kitsune comes barreling toward them, yipping in what seems like an excited manner. Lyanna grins at this, looking down to the kitsune with a smile before looking back up, figuring the little things’ bonded can’t be far away.

And she’s not wrong. Soon the familiar black crafter is making his way over, and she smiles as her apologizes. “No apology necessary. She’s adorable. What’s her name?” She pauses for a moment, dropping her nose down toward the kitsune to say hello if the little girl wants. Then she brings her head back up. “I don’t think we’ve ever properly met. So it’s a pleasure to finally speak to you Mesec.” It’s not like she doesn’t know who he is, but she can’t recall a time when they’d spoken casually.

“I was just about to bug Raeden to see if she knows anyone with healing magic, actually. So now, I will bother you with the same question. I have a quest, you see, to figure out what is the best element with which to heal. And I don’t have a clue where to start.” Which is entirely true. She has absolutely no idea that either, let alone both, of the horses standing with her now might be able to help.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Raeden @Mesec

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

</style>

Lyanna answered her question with a warm smile and pleasant demeanor like normal. Raeden listened quietly as the mare goes on to tell her how busy she has been, but at least she was well. There is nothing wrong with keeping busy. Trust me, Tin and I have been doing the same. Luckily we have been able to do a few patrols. I am glad you are well, though! Her voice trails off as the sight of an odd little creature comes into view. Tails are flying in the air, and the creature comes zipping towards the two women. Raeden could not help but giggle slightly reaching down to nudge the little creature as it ran through her legs.

Soon the little companion calms down when her bonded arrives. Raeden lowers her crowned skull to the height of the little fox sitting in front of Lyanna. Hello Little one, it is nice to see you. Her bright chuckles fill the air as she looks back to Mesec and Lyanna. He apologized for the foxes behavior, and Rae shakes her head softly. Oh do not worry about it she is perfectly fine! turning her attention back to the painted mare, she listened to what Lyanna was going to say.

Teal eyes brighten, and silver flecks filled her orbs. She was going to ask about healing magic. This is something that Raeden does not get to use a lot. Sometimes the pale mare forgets she even has this ability. The paint continues to talk about a quest to see what is the best source element to heal with. Tipping her skull with curiosity, Readen could not help but wonder the same thing. Congratulations on your quest! I guess it was a good thing I stumbled on by you then. I do have a healing Magic, but I do not have the chance to use it very often. I can heal using Light and Spark magic. If something has an infection, it will purify their body or the whole environment. I can show you if you would like to see how it works? Sometimes it can even make others just feel better by getting rid of all the negative toxins in their system. The pale mare gladly volunteered to share her magic with the Moon Doctor.

words

Image Credits

@Lyanna @Mesec

Lyra chirped a bright greeting to Raeden, delighted that the mare had lowered her head down to greet her properly, and she danced forward with the intention of licking the mare’s soft muzzle in affection. Mesec cannot help but roll his eyes good naturedly - grinning as he responded to Lyanna’s question. “Her name’s Lyra.” He was glad that both mares were good natured about the interruption, and nodded to the kitsune who was quite happy to stay where she was, sitting with Raeden and Lyanna. “She likes you both very much.”

Lyanna went on to explain that she was on a quest to discover what element is the best to heal with. A strange quest, really, and Mesec wondered idly which god it had been that assigned it. Weren’t they all just as good as healing?

But then, he wasn’t a healer - he didn’t know.

Raeden replied first, explaining that she had light and shock healing magic to purify the body, and Mesec’s smile grew. What were the chances that they would both have healing magic? He listened curiously to Raeden explain what her magic could do, and had to admit he was curious to see it working, When it was his turn, his silver gaze turned to Lyanna - still warm with a smile. “Seems like you’re twice as lucky today, Lyanna. I have healing magic as well - I can use shadows to heal small injuries on myself.” As far as healing magic went, it wasn’t particularly useful for others, but it should still count. “I can also demonstrate it for you, and we could answer some questions so you could learn a little about our magics?” His tone turned it into a question, wondering out loud whether she thought that might be helpful for her quest.

Mesec the Nightwind

@Lyanna
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

In truth, she would think, if forced to answer the question now, that all elements had a place in healing. That there wasn’t a best, but a time and a place for each. But she’s never really done research into this, never thought that maybe one could be better than another. Though she has no idea how she’s actually going to go about this. This being all of it. Finding five different horses with five different healing elements and then picking one as the best.

It’s quite possibly a miracle that the two horses that have stumbled upon her today can both help her toward her goal. Maybe the Moon Goddess had sent them her way knowing it, or maybe today she was just lucky. Raeden is the first to tell her of her power, and Lyanna beams for a moment at finding out her friend is also a healer, in her own way. “How am I just learning of this?” she says with a grin to her friend.

But then Mesec too is telling her that he can heal with shadows, and her normal look of happiness turns into something the mixes with shock and joy. She laughs lightly, almost unbelievingly, before speaking again. “It really is my lucky day. I sort of can’t believe it.” She shakes her head a bit, forelock shifting over her teal eyes until it settles back into place.

“If you both wouldn’t mind demonstrating, that would be wonderful. And explaining what it feels like to you, to heal using spark and shadow, if you can?” There might be more questions, but that’s the one she knows already. Because she knows what it feels like to heal with the Moon Goddesses power, so she imagines there must be some feeling to it with the other elements as well. Though explaining that might be hard, because she can never find the exact words for her own rank magic. But maybe it’s a bit different for them as well, with their internal powers.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Raeden @Mesec

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

</style>

Her voice chuckled brightly with light honey-sweet tones. The Fox chirped with joy and Raeden could not help but have a soft spot for her. " Well, Lyra it is nice to meet you." She watched as the fox came to sit with both of the mares. The pale woman listened to the man speak. He also held the power of healing. He has a passive type of magic, and something Raeden perked up to hear about. The man could heal his wounds with the dark magic of mother moon. Her head nodded listening. Then when she finished, the mare shook her head to agree with the man. Then the Moon doctor spoke up. Oh, I do not use it very often. I can only use this magic five times withing a month period. So I tend to choose when to use it and who to use it on.

The sun glimmered and sparkled upon her golden pelt. Luscious locks of milk colored strands hung from her neck and tail. She waited a moment before taking a deep breath. There will be a bright blinding light, then the smell of fresh rain will fill the air. Closing her eyes, she thought deep within her heart and mind to summon her power. The tip of her horn started to glow with a white light. Then in the blink of the eye, the whole environment around them filled with the blinding bright light. The energy around her changed and shifted as she opened her eyes the light dissipated. The smell of freshly fallen rain entered her nostrils, and the mare let a sigh from her maw.

Bright teal eyes sparkled with silver accents. She felt refreshed and clean. Her body was absent of any toxins buried deep within.
How do you both feel? When I use the magic, it has no negative effects on me. I usually reap the benefits of the healing power. I feel refreshed and purified. I hope you two feel the same as well.The spark element is the flash you first saw; the healing element is based on light magic. That is why I received no negative impact. Her gaze fell to the small fox companion on the ground. With a smile, she waited for the others to respond.

words

Image Credits

@Mesec @Lyanna

Raeden was first to demonstrate her magic and both Mesec and Lyra were watching her with bright eyes - curious about a healing magic that used the spark element. She warned them about a bright blinding light, and despite how they wanted to watch and see what happened both fox and stallion had to close their eyes and turn away from the light when it flashed brightly and filled the area they were standing in.

When the light faded, Mesec first noticed now good he felt and when he inhaled the scent of fresh rain flooded his nostrils in a pleasant way. His smile was vibrant when his silver eyes opened again and Lyra yipped happily from her spot by Raeden and Lyanna. “That’s incredible, Raeden! I feel like I just woke up from the best sleep.”

Then it came his turn to demonstrate his healing magic - only, he needed to get injured first. “Okay uhh…” Lyra wasn’t too keen on the idea of harming Mesec but, unfortunately, for this little bit of magic he’d need some sort of wound. Lucius resisted the request as well - his talons and beak had left scars on Mesec before and he had no interest in repeating the experience for fun. “One sec.” He told the mares before turning and rummaging through the undergrowth of the forest until he found a stick. Lyra was watching him with concern and an overall feeling of ‘unimpressed’ flooded his mind from both of his companions. But, at least, this was the least destructive way Mesec had ever brought harm to himself.

It could have been much, much worse.

Returning to the group, Mesec held the stick in his mouth as best as he could and used it to scrape his leg just above the knee. His actions were clumsy, which was good - he didn’t want to go too deep anyway and the stick dragged across the skin and scraped it so that a small amount of blood swelled to the surface.

His silver eyes flickered up to the faces of the mares, smiling to show them that it was alright. “I’ve only been able to heal small injuries on myself so far with it.” He explained, hoping that they didn’t just think he was crazy.

Then his attention turned to Lyanna and he extended his injured leg so that they would be able to watch with ease. “I just sort of… need to focus on the injury and then the magic does the work. I don’t think I control it at all, the way most magic works. It’s like it’s just waiting on the sidelines for when I get an injury and then it moves to fix it - if that makes any sense at all.” Mesec quieted then, and rising from his skin around the leg he had injured was a swirl of shadows. It wasn’t quite a mist or fog, just an absence of light that shifted and spread until it covered the shallow wound he had made. Slowly, the skin began to knit together again and a moment later the extended leg was completely free of any sign it had been marked and the shadows faded away. “When it’s healing it feels… strange. Cooling, like when you walk from a sunny day into the shade of the trees. The first time I used it I was surprised by how gentle it was - everyone tends to think shadows and darkness as being harsh elements for magic but that isn’t always true.” Then he fell quiet, inviting any questions Lyanna - or Raeden - might have.

Mesec the Nightwind

@Lyanna omg you guys make Mesec chatty xD

Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

She listens eagerly, mind already churning as she tried to figure out how she was ever supposed to pick one element that was best. Was there really likely to be a best? But she can’t think about that now, because Raeden is speaking, explaining what to expect, and Lyanna turns all her attention to what’s about to happen. Taking her cue from the other mare, Lyanna closes her eyes, though the flash of light is bright enough to illuminate her closed eyelids. When it fades, she opens her eyes, taking a deep breath. She can feel the energy shift around them, the way everything simply feels cleansed. The world smells like it does after a rainstorm, clear and beautiful.

And then she thinks about how she feels, and as she slowly takes stocks, amazement passes over her face. She feels better than ever, like a child who has yet to face the world. Everything feels like it’s working better than ever. Mesec is the first to speak, saying that he feels like he just woke up from the best sleep. Her smile widens and she nods in his direction. “I feel like I did when I was a child, which is to say, fantastic. That’s really amazing.”

And then Mesec is rummaging around nearby for something, and she realizes with a start that he has to hurt himself for this demonstration to work. Guilt floods her, but he’s got the stick in his mouth and he’s scraping it across his knee before she manages to stop him. She could have found someone else that didn’t need to hurt themselves for a demonstration, certainly. Thankfully, the damage he does is minimal, and she finds herself intensely grateful to the near stranger for being so willing to help her.

He extends his leg, and she watches as the shadows begin to engulf the wound. He explains the process as well, and she realized she never even thought of passive healing magic before. As he explains how it feels, she finds herself nodding along, because it sounds familiar to the way the dark, windy mists heal as well. She can imagine what it feels like to him, and when the darkness dies, she is unsurprised to see that the wound is fully healed.

“Thank you both, so much,” she says first. Because Raeden just willingly offered one of her limited uses for study, and Mesec physically cut himself. They had both given her far more than she could have dreamed, and she’d now found two of the five that she needed for her quest. “This has helped immensely, though I don’t know how I’m ever going to pick a best element for healing.” She laughs lightly, shaking her head. “Do either of you happen to know anyone else with healing magic?” They’d done a great job explaining, and now, she just needed to find more.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Mesec @Raeden

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki