Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

I waddle slowly away from the herd meeting. Part of me feels bad for not staying and seeing what else is said... But the more I walk the more I question if it was actually the baby kicking. The pain in my belly seemed to be getting worse and worse the more I walked until, I just couldn't take it anymore. My front legs buckle as I sink to the ground, groaning as I hit the sand. What's happening to me!? I silently begin to pray to Father Earth, even though I now live in his brother's lands, praying that all will be alright.

I can feel Sarabi through our bond. She's pacing and yipping softly trying to get Volterra's attention. I don't know who our healers are, or I might of pushed her to get one of them as well. I am scared, no terrified. Had I done something to harm the baby?! I know Volterra does not look at me as a love, more of a lover and a friend.... But I still want him by my side. I need him here. Sarabi is doing her best to try and get his attention without being noticed by all. Screw the meeting. Get him here now! I scream into her mind. She moves up the mound of sand and growls right at his hooves. If that didn't get his attention she didn't know what would.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

Start of the birth thread for Victorina! @Volterra first please then open to all.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU'VE GOT THE WORLD ON ITS KNEES, YOU'RE TAKING ALL THAT YOU PLEASE
YOU'RE LIKE THE BURDEN WE BEAR, YOU'RE ALL THE HATE THAT WE SHARE

As much as the father in him tells him to leave the meeting to attend to his pregnant lover, the leader in him forbids it. The growling hellhound at his feet only reminds him of what duties await him, but he cannot abandon his first meeting in such a manner. For every growl Sarabi gives him, Vadir returns one with interest, her wings flared as she glowers down at the dog from his back. "So impatient," she hisses, but Volterra ignores her. His herd needs him, so he remains where he is to complete the meeting before heading after Vitani.

He has kept a close eye on her during her pregnancy, as he always does. After what happened to Valdis when she was born, the gargantuan stallion is not going to let one of his mares in labour out of his sight. Even when he is too busy running his herd, he sends one of the dragons to observe her, so he is well aware of how far along she is in her pregnancy. Excitement thrums in his belly; another mighty child borne from his loins, and this one the first since his ascension to Sultan! His wanton siring has dulled now maturity has replaced rampant lust, so the creation of a child is a more carefully considered decision. This one will take its place as prince or princess alongside his others, allowed to live in a stable herd with the Indomitable as its all-conquering sire.

The leviathan crosses his sands swiftly, following Vitani's scent. Some time has passed since she left due to the fact he'd stayed to complete the meeting, but he prays he has not missed the birth, for fear that some foul beast has managed to get its claws into his child before he can protect it. Finally he finds the mare with her sides still swollen, causing a relieved huff to emit from his jaws as he strides powerfully closer. "Vitani?" he rumbles. They are out in the open; he might have chosen the early evening for his meeting but it is still warm, and not ideal to bring a foal into the world. "Come with me to the trees. It will be safer there." He seeks to try and lead her towards a small copse of trees, their large branches offering shade and shelter.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
V
I
T
A
N
I

Sarabi grows more and more frustrated as the meeting continues around her. Even she is not paying attention now. Her focus is on getting the one I need to me quickly. I am scared. She feels this as I can not hide it now. FINALLY! She races ahead, leading the man to me. I am calmed a bit, the moment she arrives and moves to my face. It's rare sign of affection, as Sarabi presses her face to mine. We're here. "Vitani?" I relax more as I hear his voice rumble. "Come with me to the trees. It will be safer there." I struggle to stand, the pain feeling as if its radiating all over now.

I follow, but the movement is slow. The moment we reach the trees I am down again groaning in pain. Sarabi looks to both Volterra and his dragons, the fear in her eyes echoing my own. I don't know what is happening, but at the pain hits me again I push. I don't know why, but it feels right. I find my voice finally, and the pain I am in is clear as I whisper. I'm scared.. My words are cut short as the pain rips through my body. This time, I can't help but let out a scream as I push...

-----couple hours of labor later-----

By now I am used to wanting to push, and have done well. Sarabi licks my face in encouragement as I ready myself for the next contraction. As it hits, I push hard and suddenly... Out the baby slides. I groan softly, tired from the ordeal. I never knew what mother's went though to give birth, that is until now. Damn. I'm so tired, but already Sarabi is nosing me. Let me rest. Can't. You and the baby need to bond like we did. You need to get up. Something tells me she is right, as I struggle to my hooves. I wobble myself like a newborn for a moment before being able to steady myself. I glance at Volterra for a moment, hoping he would be proud of the child, our child that I just brought into the world.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

Victorina Posts: 10
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

I've been very comfortable inside of my mommy for the last few months. I've grown little by little, letting her know I love her by kicking and moving about from time to time. I can hear her and another voice from time to time, but not very clear. It's been nice living and growing in here. I could stay in here forever! Okay maybe not forever as I want to come out and meet Mommy someday, but for now I am happy and healthy in her tummy!.

But suddenly as i'm kicking Mommy today everything changes. Did I hurt her? Did I do something? I hope not cause i'd never want to hurt Mommy. I can feel her moving. I can hear lots of other voices outside of her fading away as she moves. I feel her hit the ground the first time, and I hear her frantic thoughts to the other voice to get someone else.

Time passes, and I feel like I am being squeezed. I am being forced somewhere that I haven't gone before. I hear as someone comes that she is glad to see. This voice seems to get her moving again. Yay Mommy! You are okay! But then I feel you hit the ground again and i'm getting squeezed more and more each time. What is happening Mommy?

-----couple hours pass------

OW OW OW THIS SQUEEZING HURTS! I'm getting squeezed the worst yet and then suddenly, I move though something and slide to... what the heck is all this stuff Mommy?! I squeal in protest. I don't like this! Mommy where are you?

Victorina talks

Image Credit

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

She sinks to the ground, and the titan immediately reverses to give her space. He knows better than to crowd a birthing mother, choosing instead to stand guard a short distace away where he can keep a keen fatherly eye on proceedings. Woe betide any creature that tries to touch this mare or his newest child!

Time passes and nature takes its course. The stallion turns, intrigued despite himself by the bloody act portrayed before him - birth is an interesting phenomenon, although he will confess to a sense of relief that it's not something he will ever have to go through. The child is a wet bundle, and the leviathan's jaws split into a proud smile as he gazes upon what is obviously a healthy foal. "You have done well," he croons to Vitani, before turning his gaze to the foal. It's a girl, another darling daughter, future empress, future queen, and a fierce expression of paternal protectiveness ghosts across the titan's scarred features. As much as he wants to go and touch the newborn, he knows that isn't how it works. It is important that she stands by herself, and that the first person she touches is her mother.

"Help her stand, Vitani, but not too much - this is something she must do with her own strength." There's warmth in his voice, but sternness too - his children will be strong, and will learn to stand on their own two (well, four) feet from an early age. He watches, waiting for his newest daughter to impress him, to reach hungrily for her vital first feed.

image credits

@Vitani

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

V
I
T
A
N
I

My legs shake, my exhaustion clearly showing. Yet I knew I needed to stay standing for my daughter. I look to Volterra for some sort of support, but at the same time I don't want him second guessing me as a mother. I don't want him to view me as weak. I'll rip his throat out if he thinks you weak. I glare at my bonded. You won't touch him. He's the father of my daughter... She needs us both.. memories of the times I needed my Dad flash in my mind as I shove them back.

Silently I struggle forward, clearly stiff and sore. But I do what I can, gently nosing my daughter's rump. I nose it a few times, giving her the idea and motion of how to stand before taking a step back. Come on my darling, impress your father. Show him how strong you are, how strong we are. Sarabi stands at my side, watching to make sure that I was indeed okay.

Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

Dragon's Throat Filly
Emily
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

What the heck has happened Mommy?! Where are you?! I can't feel you?! I snort and move my head around looking for you. There you are! Back behind me with someone else. Is that the other voice I heard? I don't understand either one of you at first. But your gentle nudges to my rear give me a clue. After all, I am suddenly STARVING. I need to get up. I need to get to you Mommy. Okay, so that means I have to get control of these long things connected to my body right? Are they what get me up? Let's find out! One... Two.... Three! I grunt as I struggle to untangle myself. I push the front ones out first, forcing them to hold me up a bit. Now to work on the back.

I can do this. I can do this. Mommy nudges my rear one more time. It's just what I need. The long things in the back move to lift me up. Look Mommy! I'm doing it! I squeal with joy as I try to turn around. That's where I fail. With a thump, I hit the sandy stuff under me. Okay, time to try again. This time I make it back up, and then the turn around. I squeal with pride. It's only then I take both my Mommy and the other one in.

Mommy is of course amazing and beautiful and awesome! Why? Cause she's Mommy of course! The other one... I don't know. I move slowly, one step as a time to Mommy. I am hungry after all. It is to her to nurse that I go first. My nub of a tail swishes back and forth happily as I drink my fill. Then, I turn my attention back to the other one. Curiously I move around till I am face to face with him. I reach out, wanting to touch him but yet wanting him to touch me too. I need to know who he is... Could he be... Daddy?

Victorina talks

Image Credit

@Volterra

He watches the girl closely, his heart thudding. It is important to see a child standing early, because anything else will imply weakness and Volterra refuses to acknowledge any of that in his bloodline. He remembers his own birth, the pressure he'd felt as his sire's watchful eye rested upon him and Nymeria. If he hadn't stood early....perhaps his father would not have even permitted him to live. Of course, Volterra wouldn't do anything so drastic to his own daughter, but it will concern him if she can't stand.

His worries seem unfounded as the girl lifts to her feet. She squeals, wobbles, falls; the sand is soft enough to cushion her, but the stallion is sure she'll still feel the effects. That's good - life isn't straightforward, and the filly needs to learn early on that conquering adversity is better than never facing it at all. Finally, she stands again and wobbles towards her mother to drink. The beast dips his massive head in approval, rumbling something that sounds like a purr in his throat. Good - she'll do.

She turns to face him, then, and he reaches out his muzzle to try and huff air softly into her velvet nostrils. She's so small, fragile compared to his great bulk, but hardy and strong enough to let him know that she'll grow well. "Victorina," he growls. It isn't Hungarian, but it speaks of victory, and that is what this filly will bring.

image credits

@Vitani

V
I
T
A
N
I

It seemed to be an eternity watching my precious strawberry child try to stand on her own. But at the same time it gives my a chance to take every little thing about her in. Every marking, every bit of the roan pattern, and her green eyes. I can not believe just how much she looks like my Momma had, but how much her white markings resemble her father. I want to leap for joy when she stands for the first time, but my heart sinks when she falls. I start to reach out, but she quickly proves it's not needed as she's up again. This time, she makes her way over to me and begins to nurse. I sigh heavily, not realizing how close I had been to holding my breath.

But no sooner had she gotten her fill than she was moving off again. This time, moving to stand face to face with her dad. I watch as she reaches out, checking him and and trying to figure out who he is. "Victorina," Volterra rumble. It's not really, more of a growl... Wait... Did he just name MY daughter?! Like you had a name picked? Sarabi speaks for the first time in a while. I look at her stunned. Well it's true. The name he gave suits her. Let it go. Are you actually siding with him?! First time for everything. She admits. Victorina I say calmly, trying to get the name to roll off my tongue as easily as it did his.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

Dragon's Throat Filly
Emily
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

The big man blows air into my nostrils, which makes me squeal in excitement. I then mimicked the action and tried to blow air back at him. Not sure it worked though. It's only then, both he and my Mommy speak one word. Victorina. What's that mean? Could it be my name? If they both said it, it HAS to be my name. Victorina. Yep, i'm Victorina. My head tilts to the side, curious about what it meant...

But that doesn't last long as my attention is drawn first by the creature at Mommy's side. I start to step forward, but at the same time I don't want to leave the big man in front of me. I like him, I don't know why. I take another step closer to him before suddenly bouncing away trying to play. I don't care that it's dark around me, I want to... Oh man. My legs get tangled on the second bounce and down I go again. I look up with a soft snort as if to say 'That didn't go as I planned', before standing back up yet again

Victorina talks

Image Credit

@Volterra

It does not occur to him that he shouldn't have offered a name so freely. It is perhaps his inner sexism talking; the girl is his child as much as Vitani's, and as the sire it is his job to offer up a strong name. No, he's too focused on the filly's fragile little body, drinking in every last piece of her. She's a beauty, that's for sure - he'll be batting away suitors once she is of age, although such thoughts are for the far future rather than now.

The girl bounces back, an invitation to play, but her spindly legs get the better of her and she tumbles down in a heap. A deep, thunderous chuckle erupts from the mammoth man's jaws and there's a warm twinkle in his eyes as he gazes fondly down at her. It is odd to see a man of his great size looking so softly down at the tiny little creature that he helped make; hard to compare the thickened, powerful warlord to the open, gentle father that adores his children so much. He leans down to snuffle at her shoulder, inhaling the scent of her to ensure that it will never be forgotten, then slips away to press his muzzle to Vitani's sweaty shoulder. "I will leave you to bond," he says to her. "If you need me, though, I am only a call away."

Giving one more glance down at his newest child, the beast slips away. He has matters to attend to, not least meeting with the new rank leads, and Ampere will surely be waiting for him. He leaves his dragons behind, though, circling gently overhead so as to keep an eye on the newborn and her mother and alert their titanic bonded should any danger befall them.

image credits

@Vitani figured we could end it here :)