the Rift

[OPEN] Fresh Start [Joining]

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

Since Father, I mean the God of the Earth had stripped us of our home.. Arwen and I have been wandering. It's simple to just keep to yourself when no one is really looking for you. I think honestly I needed that time to well, really look after myself. I have been looking out for others for so long. Trying to find my parents, becoming an Earth Medic.... I had finally had time to really feel the bond with Arwen.

We had stayed within the Falls, even if it was no longer a herd for quiet some time. Long enough that Arwen has begun to speak into my mind. I still remember the first time she did it. Scared the hell out of me, and I thought I was going crazy. Her speech is still very chopped, much like that of a young child. New home? I smile softly. Short phrases and small words seemed to be easiest now. "Yes, hopefully."

Together we moved through the snow, I can't yet imagine the trip in FrostFall when it will be much thicker on the ground. Honestly, I am not sure where I am headed other than north. My father of course had told me all about the herds the short time I was around him. The basin was supposed to allow unicorns only. Good thing it seems I am both equine and unicorn. They like us? Or no like us? Arwen asks softly. I snort. "I don't know. We'll have to find out." After what seems like hours of trying to find the entrance I give up and call out. "Is there anyone around that can direct me to the Aurora Basin?"

"Talk"

Brendan has come to join the Basin!

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
You have watched the boy and his beast from a perch among the mountains in his fruitless wanderings for a time. At first it hadn’t been exactly clear what he had been looking for—if he was lost, or needed medical attention and sought it within the North, as a woman with her newborn child had what feels like too long ago—or if he had lost someone, and out of all the places he could have gone felt that he needed to search here among the dust, the sleepers, the fractured and crumbling ruin of  what once was (and still could be) great. And so you have only watched with mild interest, curious of his motives all the while, protective of your valley and its pines, the souls that rest underneath, only watched the silver boy, his hound, as he has come close and not traversed the hidden little path up the mountain what feels like a half dozen times, silent from your place among the rust and decay.

You only watch, until, finally, he calls out. You remain for moments, weary of the stranger, his reasonings, though by now you doubt anything perverse, until you finally give in to him with a sigh, moving to greet the lost boy. Tucked within the curls of your lily hair is numerous clippings from branches and flowers, and there is mud from the warming world caked to your lower legs, speckled along the rest of your body from a morning’s collection; none of this even crosses your mind as you come to pause a ways from him, a quick glance extended to the creature lingering near, an even quicker smile ghosting along your lips in shallow courtesy. “What is it that you’re looking for there?” The simple reply comes, twisting with curiosity (suspicion), your eyes narrowing nearly imperceptibly along the wistful lines of your feminine face.

but I’ve pushed myself down so far—
I couldn’t come back if I tried

image | coding

@Brendan

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

BRENDAN

It seems like I will never find the way in, and never be able to call the chilly mountains home. After all, this place is the closest I will ever be to calling mountains home again now that the Falls are no more. I was just about to turn back when Arwen catches a voice calling out to us. “What is it that you’re looking for there?” I look around and spy the smaller antlered mare who belonged to the voice. She prettyyy Arwen speaks into my mind. I want to roll my eyes at her but I can not risk being rude to the only one who seems to be up this far north. "I come seeking a home among the mountains." I pause for a moment. "But I am afraid that I do not know the way." I pause again, trying to figure out how best to ask her. In the end, it feels as if I just blurted the question out. "You wouldn't happen to know the way there would you?"

Oh god that sounded horrible. Really really horrible. I don't know what I want to have happen more. Her know the way into the Basin and show me, or for her not to and just leave because I have just embarrassed myself. Arwen is right, she is very pretty... But I can not let those thoughts rule my head. I take a few steps closer, and it's only then I notice the bits of branches and plants that cling in her hair and the mud that is caked on her legs. Well, I look down at my own legs. I surely did not look much better. With a sigh I speak again. "I was, an Earth Medic for the Falls before Father Earth took away his protection." That was the best way to describe it wasn't it? Better than saying he had kicked us all out.

"Talk"

@Enna - sorry for the wait and the rambling

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean maiden watches her young companion as the Leviathan floats in front of her, soaring from one end of the path to the other, swirling and dancing with the slow, graceful movements of a whale, as though she swims through water rather than air. Tiamat can’t help but grin to herself, marveling for the umpteenth time at how the little orca has been such a marvelous blessing in her life. Who had she been without Nimue? It is hard to say now, when their souls and bodies have been intertwined as one.

The oceanic pair had wandered from their beloved mountain home just hours earlier, finding their way to the Frostbreath Steppe in search of some herbs to replenish the supply within the healer’s greenhouse (because old habits die hard), or to simply see if they could find anything else interesting among the frosty tundra. Returning now with a new bundle of sprigs braided into the blue Lady’s mane, they make their way back home at an idle, unhurried pace.

So when the sound of voices echoes through the shallow forest of pine trees, the Ocean’s Light is distracted easily from her route. With dainty ears slanting forward in piqued interest, she follows the conversation, recognizing the scent of her fellow herd member before she stumbles upon them. “An Earth Medic, you say? How exciting!” She laughs blithely, looking between Enna and the strange young stallion. A familiar grin is offered to the Time Mender before Tiamat turns to the silver-painted male. “Hello! My name is Tiamat, Lady of the Aurora Basin. What is your name, stranger?” Her grin tilts lightly, pearly eyes sparkling.

“I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation. We’d love to welcome you into our mountain home,” the smile on Tiamat’s lips softens, and she gestures over her shoulder with a flick of her chin, “Come, follow me.”

Angling her slender body back the way she had come, the blue maiden looks over her shoulder to the young stallion, inviting him to walk at her side rather than trail behind. “Tell me, do you think you’d like to take up the path of a healer again? Or would you rather pursue a different career in your new home?” She eyes him curiously, eager to hear his answer. Either way, she is keen to hear what it was like to heal with the Earth God’s blessing.

notes; @Brendan Kels is having trouble posting so I'm here to get you joined!! :D <333
“Speech.”
Well my heart is bigger than the earth
And though life is what gave it love first, life is not all that it’s worth
(‘Cause life is fleeting)
Yeah, but I love you.

image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

BRENDAN

“An Earth Medic, you say? How exciting!” My head turns and Arwen leaps around from her position near me to infront of me. That was when our eyes both locked onto the... Floating whale?! I try to recover quickly as it seems I have some kind of luck. “Hello! My name is Tiamat, Lady of the Aurora Basin. What is your name, stranger?” I stood before none other than the Lady of the Basin... A freaking leader. "My name is Brendan, and this is Arwen." At the sound of her name, Arwen bounces around like crazy. I sigh and smile softly. I might of grown up to fast, but at least my bonded is still here to remind me that we are both still kids.

“I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation. We’d love to welcome you into our mountain home, My soft smile turns to a grin. Welcome me, home?! YES! Okay so the icy north would take some getting used to but.. It's better than the heat of the south I guess. “Come, follow me.” I silently nod, giving a soft smile to the small mare before trailing along after my new lead. At the glance over her shoulder, I take the invitation to move up along side her. As soon as I do, the conversation continues much to my relief. “Tell me, do you think you’d like to take up the path of a healer again? Or would you rather pursue a different career in your new home?” Of course. I am not surprised that the Basin is much like the Falls. Everyone coming in that I had met had always been asked this same question. "I would like to take up that path again, as I honestly enjoyed that path back in the Falls. Although I am sure it is different healing with the God of the Spark's blessing than God of the Earth's."

Arwen suddenly races ahead of us for a few paces, bounding around in some of the snow. Just as quickly she flops down and rolls around in it. LET'S PLAY! I snort softly. Now is not the time. Soon, I promise. She stands up, shaking off as we catch up to her and bounces along beside me.

"Talk"

I've started this post so many times and never finished it. Sorry about the wait. @Tiamat

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
“A pleasure to meet you, Brendan and Arwen,” the sea maiden nods to them both, looking first to the silver-painted stallion and then to his companion, before her eyes wander back to the trail ahead. Much to her delight, Brendan doesn’t hesitate in taking a place at her shoulder, falling easily into her step as they travel towards home. Nimue lingers at her other side, wary of the strangers, as the little whale often is. Tiamat can feel the pressure of the Leviathan’s pectoral fins brushing against her skin, and she gives her companion encouragement through their bond.

One of the Lady’s ears slants to the side when the young stallion speaks again, answering her query about his choice of profession. He admits that he would like to continue being a healer, and more than a little biased, Tiamat can’t help but give him a beaming smile in response. “I am delighted to hear that! I was a Time Mender once—I still consider myself a healer,” she shakes her head and laughs softly. Truly, it is much more than a title of rank, but a choice of the heart—no matter the crown placed upon her shoulders, Tiamat will forever have her healer’s heart to guide her.

A wistful sigh escapes her in a slow breath, almost humming to herself. It is a wonder to think about the gods and their magic, how each is unique and distinctive, even when serving the same purpose. “I’m sure it is quite different. I worked for a long while with herbs before I was able to wield the Spark God’s magic; it works by resetting the timeline of someone’s body. It is a spectacular gift,” Tiamat glances sideways at Brendan, her smile softening. “I’d also like to learn what it’s like to heal with the Earth God’s power,” her pearly eyes glisten with a thirst for knowledge. There is always something new to learn, no matter how much we teach ourselves.

It is a magnificent fact of life.

Suddenly the stallion’s companion is leaping ahead of them, bouncing playfully to and fro. Nimue watches the hellhound with shy interest while the Ocean’s Light laughs, bumping Brendan’s shoulder with a gentle tap of her muzzle. “I think she’s excited, no?” The mare’s expression is illuminated with mirth, clearly not bothered by Arwen’s spirit. Fortunately, they don’t have far to go. Just a handful of paces later, they crest the Basin’s entrance, and Tiamat halts beneath the gaze of the two Sentinels. “This is it!” She exclaims proudly, looking between Brendan and the beautiful valley, “This is home!”

notes; @Brendan Sorry for the wait!
“Speech.”
Well my heart is bigger than the earth
And though life is what gave it love first, life is not all that it’s worth
(‘Cause life is fleeting)
Yeah, but I love you.

image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.