the Rift

[PRIVATE] like a handprint on my heart

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
"Come with me, Sacre" the girl begs, breathless and ardent in the predawn gloom, her belly full of butterflies and her dark eyes full of fire.

Speed dating was.... inspiring. Days later, and the girl still flutters with the memory of appealing adulation, luscious laughter, of looks and thoughts formerly foreign to the unsophisticated girl. Had she ever flirted before that evening? Been praised and exalted with honest aplomb, dallied and teased, played the coquette? No- she has lived to quietly, too terribly aware of her many sins without reciprocal sensitivity to the virtues she wields. She is a creature of gangly limbs and waif-like frame, slender and angled, not quite belonging in this world. She is not beautiful- or so she believes. But Reichenbach's frank appreciation evoked something new within the girl, and how she cannot help but wonder, Is that who I am?

It is not a question Reichenbach can answer.

She leads him up the winding trail, her body and baubles a beacon in the darkness. Copper child glitters with embers and anticipation; she cascades light and dances in fire, and her figure is cut with shadows. She hopes it is enough, and tries to linger close to Sacre, to be his lantern, his illumination, his guide. Natraj bounds around her hooves, contributing with wild whips of fire, more a demonstration for Riona's benefit than offering of helpful luminescence. The girl speaks little, content to listen to the chatter of foxes and the whisper of wind; she is building her thoughts, savoring her words, preparing a soliloquy of sentiment and inquisition- preparing, in short, to flirt.

They crest the ridge as the first shades of dawn begin to emerge, kitsune running ahead to hunt for early risers in the grass, equine following, her bronze and aureate figure drifting purposefully toward the eastern edge of the vacant meadow. The breeze is pleasant, even up here, even now; she smiles as it plays with her hair, dark eyes closed as she steels her nerves. When she looks back at Sacre her expression is sanguine; what, she wonders, could be better than this? The sun peeking coquettishly over mountains and sea, the pleasantry humming of a happy bond, and him, her friend, here by her side.

Now all she needs to do is flirt.

Fire Dancer swallows, mouth suddenly dry. All the sweet adulation and clever wit flees her mind like so many mice; she is suddenly lost, drowning in the blue of his eyes, the gentleness of his face, the familiarity of his figure. How can she possibly verbalize the things she yearns to tell him, the myriad of feelings she cannot properly recognize, let alone convey? What made her think such things could be trivialized down to flirtations and coy smiles? She is not a creature of coyness, of subtleties, of artful phrases and cunning words. She is blunt; she is hot; she is fire.

"I'm glad you came. I wanted-" she begins, but stumbles, lips snapping shut, heat rising to her cheeks. Tandavi turns away from him then, dark eyes seeking the rising symphony of sunrise, moon-slashed face twisted in an expression of self-conscious embarrassment. This was a stupid idea, she realizes now. Sacre isn't Reichenbach, and she isn't special, and, and, and...

And you're an idiot, Natraj drawls through their bond, amusement and exasperation clear in his mental voice.

"I wanted to watch the sunrise. Here. With you." Tandavi finishes lamely, eyes still on the rising sun, tail flicking anxiously and ears turned back for any sign of reply. Her attempt at flirtation has failed miserably; Reichenbach would be ashamed. But this is the girl, and it is all she can offer - nothing provocative, nothing libidinous. Just Tandavi.

fox-boy and the fire dancer
there will be sunshine after rain

semperfiesty | Eltear-Stock | yellowcious-stock

@Sacre - hahaha have a super awkward Tavi

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Sacre didn’t have to be told twice to follow Tandavi, his honest and shy heart saw to that; it sent a nervous thrill through him even as his mouth went rather dry with the very same nerves. These were the feelings he often didn’t know what to do with, wild and warm, plastered onto his face so undeniably that sometimes he wondered if Tandavi really knew already how he felt. Yet, for all Sacre’s charm, he didn’t consider himself to be terribly romantic, not by conscious choice, but simply because he had no idea what being romantic meant, what was he meant to do? His often blunt honesty didn’t help in the matter of being coy, perhaps just being a tad bit more mysterious or even just plain playing hard to get, all frequent weapon choices in the artful game of flirting, a game Sacre wasn’t very good at, which he was sure Lyanna could probably attest to. Trying to push away his anxieties, the fox-boy followed her, curiously, not thinking to ask where they were going, but happy to be in her company as they reached the trail that led up to the Fields—their apparent destination.

It was still quite dark, despite the approaching dawn, and Tandavi stood out so mesmerizingly against the backdrop of the peaceful night that Sacre found himself watching her glow with a note of wonder in his gaze. He unconsciously went to draw closer to her, letting her dancing light and familiar scent comfort him on their mysterious journey to the heavens above. Ríona, on the other hand, was very encouraging to the whips of fire conjured by the darker Kitsune, Natraj, her beady eyes lighting up as if it was a challenge for her to match the fire with her own biting electricity. So the sparking whips sprung to life as she played, like a churning Catharine Wheel she lashed them in beautiful arcs and danced with them, the sleepy world shaken to life by their elements. The whole thing was rather beautiful to watch and Sacre, accompanied by a quiet Inari who shot Natraj the odd disgruntled look now and then (Ríona was his beloved sister after all), said very little as he dreamily gazed, his blue eyes glittering, at the fox’s bright display.

As their companions played, soon shooting off in search of unsuspecting prey, Sacre reached the brow of the hill, still watching Tandavi with an open adoration whilst the sun blushed against the stoic peaks. He was quite unaware of her nervousness, helplessly drunk on her burning beauty framed perfectly in the glorious dawn as his heart leapt, struck wordless as he too struggled to find the exact way to say what he felt. Instead, it was Tandavi that spoke first, sparking Sacre out of his dreamy reverie, and he waited until she had finished, his gaze often dropping to his feet as he also felt the rise of heat creep up his face.

Tell her the words were surprisingly gentle from Inari, who was peering at him through the long grass your heart he finished.

Yet, Sacre still struggled, how he thought, but Inari had already disappeared again.

“Beautiful” he shyly commented, thinking of Tandavi more than the sunrise even as he watched the great burning star colour the land a shade of red. Then he floundered for a moment, not wanting everything to descend into silence, but the words wouldn’t come until he took in a breath to steady his meddling nerves. “I’m glad that—” he fumbled with his words again, smothering it quickly with a smile as he turned to her, his usual merrily bright one, before steeling himself and continuing “that you chose me to accompany you, Tandavi” he found himself wondering if he was saying the right thing, if he would disappoint her somehow, a part of his mind critically assessing his adequacy.

“The dawn is made even more glorious when in the company of someone as beautiful” he remarked with a rather shaky voice that betrayed his nervousness as his gaze lingered a little on her pretty moon marked face before turning back to the dawn. Was that too cheesy? he found himself wondering, suddenly wishing he had more charisma when it came to flirting as the heat suddenly intensified in his face. A million questions of self-doubt jumped into his head after that, on top of Ríona, whose eye roll he could almost hear, and the indecision of whether he should go hide his sorry self in a bush somewhere. 

Yet, there wasn't one thing that was strong enough to remove him from Tandavi's warm side.

I could live, I could die
hanging on the words you say
semperfiesty | Eltear-Stock | yellowcious-stock

@Tandavi lord someone help them haha xD they're too cute for my heart ;~;
(sorry for the delay too <3)

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!