the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Don't look down

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Vertigo?

As Isopia looked at the list of matches, finding her name with the word for a feeling of dizziness or being off balance, and wondered briefly if this was some sort of joke, or nudge at just how awkward Isopia had become. Babel, her golden dragon, was running around trying to catch a mouse and couldn't care less about what name was next to Isopia's on the board. Hubris however, trying to be helpful, patted her neck and crooned reassurances softly into her mind. Alright then, she thought to herself with a sigh, casting her golden gaze around.

"Vertigo?" She called out, scanning those mulling around her, waiting to see a look of recognition spread across one of their faces. The demi-goddess knew that she was looking for a man (or so the board said), but past that, she had no indicators about who it was she was paired with.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

@Vertigo

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow

Her head ached. God, did it pound relentlessly. “Damn, winged bi...” her words were halted by a groan of pain. Her feathered hooves stumbled back towards the bonfire and where everyone else still mingled. She'd been foolish. Too trusting. Those apples had been too delicious. Vertigo was too young and naive. There were too many factors at play in this situation. Another groan, her sapphire eyes squeezing shut.

The fire light had grown brighter, despite the fact that the fire itself had seemingly died some. The draft halted a bit away from the crowd, not really eager to have the echo of voices rattling her aching head. “Vertigo?” The maiden allowed her eyes to open slightly, just enough for her to get a blurry view of the world around her.

“Just my damn luck....” Another one. The normally quiet and reserved mare had been burned a matter of hours ago by a flying equine. What were the odds that this one would be kinder? Shaking her antlered head, the female couldn't help but be kind enough to step forward. Damn her manners and sweet nature. Well...on good days anyways.

“You rang?” Her voice was gruff and her discomfort was obvious. The two toned mare shifted uncomfortably from one hoof to another. Watching the winged beast with narrowed, untrusting eyes.

"Talk."
Vertigo
I rage against the trials of love
I curse the fading of the light
lines | color & coding

@Isopia
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia, who'd never been regarded as any sort of predator, never really encountered racism (except as an intellectual exercise), and who known by most Helovian's simply because of who her father was, took in her partner's stance and greeting with something like amused interest. Do you hate me, Isopia wondered silently, marvelling that someone could judge her so quickly and seem to want to dismiss her out of hand.

"I did. We're together." Isopia said, looking at the chromatic mare with academically sterile golden eyes. Isopia's wings were tucked against her flanks, below the billowing red cloth. Two dragons sat upon her back, one gold and one bronze, both peering forward curiously. "I am called The Mountain that Knows." Isopia said, knowing that she ought to introduce herself, and feeling compelled to continue to try and be polite and normal.

"Shall we?" Isopia looked towards the water's edge where it was slightly less crowded. She didn't fancy the idea of staying among those who were still mulling about; not because she wanted any sort of intimacy with this mare, but because she hated crowds. 

Isopia
Image Credits

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow

Vertigo huffed slightly at the mare's response, flattening her ears against her skull. The Mountain that Knows? What kind of name was that? Ve tilted her head slightly, her brain not ready to process thoughts rationally. “And what, exactly, is it that you're supposed to know?” She normally wasn't one to question, wasn't normally one to be this snappy and rude. But she was hurt. She'd trusted someone after everything she'd been through and was rewarded with hatred.

So, in typical youngster fashion, Vertigo dished out what she was given. Why be kind to creatures who weren't kind to her? She was tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes. Granted, that could very well be the alcohol talking, but Ve didn't care at the moment.

At the mare's inquiry to move to a more secluded place, the Draft snorted and took a step backwards. Sapphire eyes looked from the water's edge to the winged mare and back again. They would still be within sight of everyone....

Vertigo looked around her, noticing that, honestly, everyone was more involved in their own meetings than to care what was happening around them. Besides, the buzzing of many voices was starting to hurt her head. More so than it already did anyways. Grunting, she gave a small nod, taking it upon herself to lead the way. She didn't care if this mare and her dragon companions followed or not. The painted female halted at the water's edge, watching silently as it lapped at the sand. She made no movement to make conversation or even glance around to see if the Pegasus had, indeed, followed.

If she wanted to talk she would have to make that move herself.

"Talk."
Vertigo
lines | color & coding

@Isopia

In all of her years, Isopia had never been asked that question before, and it would have made her feel like smiling in amazement, impressed with this mare, had the large draft not turned her attention to the water's edge. The demigoddess, not particularly apt at reading body language, didn't pick up on whatever coldness might have been falling off of the horned woman, and instead, Isopia opted silently to follow her. As she moved steadily behind, she thought about what an appropriate answer to the question she had asked might be.

What was it that she was supposed to know?

"Things others don't." She answered, halting a few feet away from Vertigo and look out across the water. Bugs skimmed along the surface and for a moment Isopia thought about conjuring up a watery fish to eat them, but decided against it.

"You don't seem...as though you are enjoying this process." She noted with academic pointedness. "Why did you sign up?"

Isopia
Image Credits

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow

Ve glanced at the winged mare, unimpressed with her answer. Things other didn't know? With a snort, the Draft returned her attention to the water before her. Her reflection stared back at her, the female's obvious unhappiness written all over her face. This was very much unlike her. Her head ached, her heart hurt. Why? Why was she always treated this way?

She doubted this 'mountain' of a mare knew the answer to that question.

As Isopia spoke again, Vertigo's head snapped up. She craned her thick neck around and looked accusingly at the other being. “I WAS enjoying myself, a little too much apparently.” With a snort, her sapphire eyes returned their gazing upon the water's surface. Too trusting, she was. It served her right, she guessed.

Shaking her large head, Ve knew that wasn't true. She would forever be kind, no matter what was said to her. Sure, it hurt. Words were not as soft of a blow as some would think. In some ways, Ve would much rather a physical blow than the verbal one. She sighed heavily, her body drooping slightly with the action. The Shire's eyes became sad as she returned her view upon the pale mare. “I'm sorry....You're right. I'm usually not like this....”

She tries a smile, but it's unsuccessful. She ends up wincing at the pain shooting up her skull, the alcohol-induced headache still ringing strong. “My last meeting wasn't so kind, I'm afraid. Brought back some unwanted memories.” Another sigh. “I just wanted to make friends....”

"Talk."
Vertigo
lines | color & coding

@Isopia
I apologize again! Totally forgot to check this thread!

The mare's words don't make a ton of sense to Isopia. It was as if the unicorn was speaking more to herself, than to Iso, for she didn't bother to describe how she had been enjoying herself to an extreme, and why she sounded so sour about it. But as Isopia often did, she refrained from asking more details.

"I can understand unwanted memories." Isopia offered with a nod of her head. It was perhaps the one sort of thing she could empathize with. So much was beyond her emotional range, but memories...memories she knew about. "Once I had all my memories of someone entirely removed...I have them back now...but at the time having them gone was the only thing that helped." Not normally this forthcoming with personal information, Isopia too directed her golden gaze towards the water. It was much easier to look at the sunlight dancing across the surface than to look back at the mare to whom she'd told a fact about herself that almost no one else knew.

Isopia
Image Credits

@Vertigo