the Rift

[OPEN] what did I miss?

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah

Slipping back into the Falls was how Murtagh had imagined his returned. He would return in the dark of night, find where his mothers were sleeping, and just casually be there when they woke up. Chances were there would be some chastising and yelling but man their faces would definitely be worth it!

As it was, though, when they realized they were close to the Falls - neither Murtagh nor Sorellina were interested in being coy. It was the middle of the day and there was not a cloud in the sky. Not a chance that they would be able to slip in unnoticed but as soon as they saw the familiar rocks and trees they didn’t care. They were home and they weren’t going to wait any more.

In a thunderous, clumsy stampede they entered their home - both sets of eyes bright and exhilarated with their return and eager to share the stories of the adventures they had experienced outside of Helovia. Both boy and bear were older, that’s how things work after all, just on their last legs of youth.

Sorellina noticed something was off first, her strong nose sniffing at the air and she came to a stop. ‘Not smell the same.’ She cautioned Murtagh through their bond - her brown eyes scanning the familiar woods but not noticing any signs of a herd that lived here.

“Maybe they’re hiding?” Murtagh responded, his companion’s caution dropping his enthusiasm as though it were an anchor but his hope still soared. The Falls had been prone to forest fires in the past, there was a chance that the herd had simply moved to the other side of the shallow valley from where they were right now. Though he itched to race inward, he moved cautiously beside his companion - senses alert for the slightest movement. Surely there would be someone here to greet them!

forever isn't long enough
when I'm with you

open for anyone!! Looking for someone to tell Murtagh what happened to the Falls :D
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

Since everything crumbled into nothing – since everyone scattered, since their God had said goodbye just like everyone says goodbye, Macaria has not gone anywhere. She has remained here in the Falls, the empty, listless, meaningless Falls. Luckily there is plenty of fodder, plenty of water – only bummer is, there’s hardly anyone around wanting to talk, and certainly no one she recognizes anymore, they all left long ago. Ones she thought dear, ones she called family – even her own father, her older brothers, all gone.
Thunderous footfall came up behind her, some hundred feet away, a stallion and a bear approached near where she grazed quietly alone in the warm daylight. She brings her white face up from the ground, the sunlight dancing in yellow ribbons across her snowflake dapples and steel-gray coat. Her tail flicks and twirls just above the ground as she watches the stranger – or, not stranger? She begins to notice his color, his hair’s red tips, she remembers him now from her childhood. Better times, times when her brothers would still visit and her father was still King. Murtagh, his name rang in her mind. She’d never seen his bear before, but then again they were merely foals last their faces met. He was grown now, a few inches (three, to be exact) shorter than her husky size.

“Maybe they’re hiding?”

No.” her normally lovely chime voice is now melancholy as she calls out, edging closer with slow steps. Once she is a respectable, talkable distance from him she stops. Her golden eyes settling onto the stallion’s face, “Our God left us.” She casts a saddened look from east to west and then back to him, to his bear and then back, “Everyone is gone. This is merely common ground now.” Her tail whips anxiously for a few swaths before falling back down to tremble softly just above the grassy earth. Her head tilts curiously to one side, her black forelock tumbling off of her face, some snagging on the chain dangling at the base of her amber horn. “I remember you…” She manages a weak, but sweet little smile on her pink lips, “I’m Macaria. And you’re…you’re Murtagh, right?” She hopes she pronounces it correctly, offering him a look of hesitation. He’s been the first familiar face in such a long time, but still her heart feels so broken that hope can hardly touch it these days. Even still a small bit of brightness returns to her wet almond eyes, hopeful for what she isn’t quite sure. None the less she can feel something twinge in her little heart. Something that feels much better than the awfulness she’s been used to lately.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Murtagh

<333

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu had not been back to the Falls since the Earth God had taken their home away from them, not that it truly matter to her anyway. The only thing she saw when she looked around at the rolling hills and the waterfalls was pain. She saw the echo of Hototo's life, of Lakota's, and Murtagh. It was like a dagger in her heart, twisting and twisting, shredding until there was nothing left of it. She'd rather be anywhere else in the world and yet there she was, torturing herself with memories of a time that were so much happier.

Eytan tried his best to cheer his bonded up, but there was little that he could say or do that would elicit any kind of smile from Ktulu -- not that she had been one that usually smiled even when things were going well. Still, her pain was his pain and he thought that they'd had both suffered enough. He was sure that there was something he could to help ... he just didn't know what and it frustrated him. So while Ktulu grazed listlessly he wandered away in search of something, anything, that would put the spark of life back into his bonded's eyes.

And then, as if the gods were blessing him, he found Murtagh and Macaria.

The grizzly bellowed in excitement as he ran toward toward Murtagh -- Mama's coming all while shouting Murtagh's name through his mental bond with Ktulu. If that didn't get her attention and make her come running he didn't have any clue as to what would.  He stopped just before he ran into Murtagh's legs, but he poked his muzzle at him, then at the bear next to him, then turned to give Macaria the same treatment, because any child of Archibald's was family.

Eytan's shouting was enough to make Ktulu follow in the direction that he had wandered off in, though she didn't truly believe that the bear had found Murtagh. The boy had been gone for so long she'd begun to think that he had died even before Lakota. And yet as she crested the hill she could see him standing there with his own companion, and Eytan, and Macaria. She drifted forward, as if her body were on autopilot, and before she knew it she was only a few feet away from him. Her crimson gaze drifted from him, to the bears, then to Macaria, and back to Murtagh. "Murtagh..."

"."

ooc://
hope you don't mind me jumping in!
and forgive me, i'm so rusty

@Murtagh @Macaria

Icon by Tay