the Rift

[PRIVATE] Circles

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

His time in the Edge had been peaceful, and almost perfect.

Letha was growing, and had made friends; she had even found a new companion to spend her life’s journey with, which Dragomir was very grateful for, considering the difficulties that would likely face Ranjiri’s daughter, due to her deafness.  At least with a bonded to help guide her through the world, she would be that much safer, and that less often on his mind.

He had also seen dragons in the wood again, and not just the small bond-mates which almost always trilled through the mists; not real dragons, either, like those Semira had woven tales about, as they had spent their afternoons exchanging stories of their youth, the ones from which she had descended.  Dragons who were, in fact, the beating heart of the herd, members who walked among the trees and stepped with clawed feet where Mirage had strode before.  The image itself had remained with him, even until now, when his work at the hot tub clearing had long been completed, and the sight of Isopia and Yael transformed into scaled beasts of legend was naught more than memory.

It was not the wild island of wyvern and dragon kin that ruled over mountain and vale, Helovia; but in Helovia, there was the World’s Edge…

And maybe that was good enough.

[ OOC: He is in the family clearing just pondering on the goodness of life. ]

Dragomir
@Ranjiri
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

The Edge was different than any of the other places that I had ever lived, yet there were many similarities that made the misty woods feel peaceful and homey. To be completely honest, when Dragomir had first suggested moving to the Edge I had balked at the idea. The very simple notion of living in the herd of the goddess that had murdered my brother left a bitter taste in my mouth and and an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. But I knew that Dragomir wouldn't have been happy in the Dragon's Throat and I hated snow, and with the Falls gone the only logical choice was the Edge.

It was a good decision. I think if I had insisted that we live elsewhere I would have regretted it. Letha had made friends and Dragomir had found a niche that he was comfortable in. I was content. Even Mara seemed to be happy there, which I attributed to the fact that there were so many other companions for her to play with and little creatures to hunt.

I was alone for the first time in a while -- Letha was off playing, Mara was with her, and Dragomir, I assumed, was busy with his duties. Even though it was close to noon the sun had not completely burned away all of the mist, there were still patches of it that swirled around the tree trunks. If I didn't call the Edge home I would have thought it ominous. It wasn't. It was beautiful and it seemed to dance around my legs as I strode through it and into the clearing.

Dragomir.

My heart did this funny little flutter-skip when I saw him standing there -- something that still surprised me even though it happened every time I saw him. I walked to where he stood, my wing brushing his side as I came to stand next to him. "Hey." I murmured, reaching up to touch my muzzle to his cheek in greeting.

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Bunnie
The kiss of wings against his body was something he had yet to get used to – perhaps why she did it so often. With a rustle that is synonymous to love to the stallion at this point, her gold wingtip induces shivers and goose-pricks where it trails, and the somewhat cowardly stallion sidesteps away with a nervous chuckle. Reaching his nose to her in what he hopes is time, the man aims to steal away his cheek (for which she aims) and replace it, instead, with his dark muzzle.

"Hey," he says, looking into her ruby red eyes for as long as he’ll let her, before slowly looking back out into the wood, then at his hooves, that aimlessly move the leaves and debris beneath him.

Though the silence that then grows is comfortable, the sort of quiet that is a blanket beneath which two people lie, their warmth unifying into the easy lull of the soundless music of two lovers in one another’s company. The man, however, is drawn to speak with her after some time, to draw smiles and glances from the girl he’d met on the borders of this very land so long ago. Perhaps one of the only women in all of the world that Dragomir feels so inclined to share any of himself with (prone to hours, days, weeks on end, alone, with his projects), he thirsts for her attention more than he ever has anyone else’s, and thrives on her praise.

It is frightening, as it is comforting. Sighing, lifting his large head to reach for the strands of her gold-tipped mane, to play with them, aimlessly as he talks, as he often does, he quietly breathes in her smell, and tries to pin to his mind this moment, forever, as he has almost all the others.

"You seem well today," he murmurs, worried for his darling as he always is, at least since he’d returned to Helovia and found his Ranjiri widowed, and due with child; even after her daughter’s birth, the normally cheerful mare had been quiet, and reserved. Though she hadn’t said much today, she seemed more at peace today than she had in a while, the lines of her face seemingly at ease, rather than pulled tight over a hidden hurt. Perhaps it was selfish to admit as much, he thinks to himself, but he was somewhat glad to have her mourning to tend to; it had made dealing with his own that much easier to do. Regardless, he does not dally on the topic of Ranjiri’s mood, rather, instead, returns to what he’d been thinking of when she arrived. "Have you seen the new tub yet? I’ll admit it’s a bit frivolous, but the others were all quite delighted with it."

Dragomir
@Ranjiri
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
There was a split second when Dragomir sidestepped away from me and the touch of my wing against his side that I felt worry and fear. Did he not like when I touched him anymore? But then his muzzle touched mine and those fears, which were probably foolish to begin with, diminished. I held his gaze for a while, feeling the familiar warmth of happiness and affection course through my veins. I had been so sad for so long and Dragomir had been right there beside me offering his friendship and support, all while grieving his own loss.

It looked away when I felt the sting of guilt, because I'd been so wrapped up in my own emotions that I hadn't thought about him and how he was coping with the loss of his mother. It occurred to me, then, how selfish I was being and had been for some time. I couldn't help but think that I should have offered him some kind of emotional support instead of withdrawing into myself so completely.

"You seem well today."

His voice drew me out of my musing and I turned to look at him. "I feel good." I answered, a small, genuine smile on my lips. "But I always feel good when I'm with you." And I touched my muzzle to his shoulder. "Thank you." I murmured, my gaze lifting to meet his if he'd allow it. "For everything." His support. His companionship. Helping me with Letha. Providing us with a new home. His protection. "You didn't have to." Of course he didn't, and he really didn't need me telling him that. "It... it really means a lot."

When he brought up the new tub I was thankful for the change of subject because thanking him made me feel self conscious and a little silly. I shook my head and looked up to Drago. "Oh, no. I haven't seen it yet." I admitted a little sheepishly. Honestly, I hadn't seen much of the Edge (not that I could remember, at least) because I hadn't been paying much attention. Between Letha and being so absorbed in my emotional distress a lot had fallen to the way side I still hadn't even spoken to either of the leads. "Did you help build it?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Bunnie
Her smile blooms across her face and he drinks it in with wandering eyes that trace its outline, and strive to remember where each wrinkle folds into the dark of her coat, and crinkles the gold of her muzzle. The awkwardness of her horn had long since become an easy thing for the man, the tilt of her head to his natural as the way he can hold her eyes with his own, and not look away.

It is strange, to trust her, or anyone, he had not known literally all his life. Even though he had lived among others for many years, the initial solitude of his youth had never quite left him, and the man rarely felt as uncomfortable as he did while being held by another’s gaze. When Ranjiri looked at him, however, it was not frightening, or too much to take in; he simply did, and, as she thanks him for doing what any good man does, he smiles, and kisses her face just below her eye.

"I love you, Ranjiri," he murmurs her, "it is the least I can do."

Glad, too, when the topic changes, the stallion leans into his love’s shoulder if she’ll let him, as if to fuse their two bodies into one; she admits that she has not seen it, which does not surprise him. She doesn’t often leave their clearing, after all. Nodding before he answers, his hind leg switches from one lazily cocked leg, to the other, his tail gently brushes both of their bodies as it is cast side to side, to shoo away the flies (perhaps, occasionally, entangling with hers, the pale tones, hers gold dipped and his night streaked, blending into one).

"I did," proudly tells the crafter, as he usually does, of all his work; as he tells more, he avoids telling her how tired he actually gotten, and instead lightly chuckles at his own joke, "though I need more practice, that’s for sure. I was pretty keen to get in it by the time we were done."

Dragomir
@Ranjiri
Wishlist | Table Tracker