the Rift

Afterlife [OPEN]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
[Image: toul1_by_neverrmind-db0nrbo.png]
T O U L O U S E

Tallsun days such as these caused Toulouse to believe that he was not made of fire and fury like his desert-born bretheren seemed to be. For one who was built to run endlessly over dunes in the most dry and hottest of deserts, who by birthright was fashioned to withsand great pressure on his limbs and heart, Toulouse was most certainly not coping with todays heat. The Basin was more than miserable on days like this; It was when the true northerners complained the most. To Toulouse, who was not a northerner by any stretch of the imagination, these were the spritely summer days where the snow melted from the slopes in streams and the animals crept from their burrows - and so, so would he.  

Once the people of the Basin were in peace, their lives assured. Kaos loomed, clouding every thought and judgement. Once they were unafraid of the dark, unafraid to leave their caves, and unafraid to kiss and wave their farewells; it was for this reason that Toulouse now scoured the Threshold in search of recruits. It was the gateway to their continent, the only way in and out. If any worthy warrior, healer, crafter, counsellor or thief were to slip into Helovia's net, he would be sure to catch them untainted by another herd's strict regimes, harsh ordering and patrols.

It was as he pressed on through the fern, the firs, and stick and stone, that the most subtle of cries was caught by his ears. It was one whistled past him on the wind, the kind that had he not been paying much attention or if his mind was elsewhere, he would have surely missed it. Craning his crowned head upwards, Toulouse's curled ears pinned forwards. Half-expecting that it was an illusion, and that he'd not hear anything of the kind again, Toulouse began to peel his sights away when again, a great screech whistled past, one that was followed closely by a great growl and a THWACK! 

Instinct told the gelding to run. Run, leave them to deal with what was clearly their problem and nothing to do with him (it was also partly not instinct, but his own selfish mind), but curiosity truly did kill the cat.
What on earth would make such a roar?
Shaking his head, giving a gruff sigh the gelding pressed forth upon his dagger like hooves, his bonded serpent hissing in disproval for his master's actions. Over a creek and a meadow he bounded, ears pricks and nose flared, attempting to gather any information on what transpired through the approaching treeline before he was faced with it. A strange animal; one he had smelled only once before, and another equide - maybe even two, as there was two conflicting male and female scents.

Pushing through the trees with a great burst, the gelding feared he had arrived far too late. It had taken him at least fifteen minuted, maybe even a whole half of an hour to reach the bottom of the gully. The shouting, the roaring, the entire fight seemed to have come to a close, though still he ran on through the dale.
Bursting through the first treeline, plummeting to the valley floor, Toulouse continued his faltering strides upwards in the direction of the scents; though there was only one that he could smell and taste now. Blood. Shattering the bracken that dwelled on the edge of the meadow, he again broke into the next expanse of forest and cantered into a glade, soon to stumble upon an alabaster stag. His wounds were fearsome, his pure iridescent hide pitifully bashed. Though, he had no time to stop and wait for those who might already be walking their way to death's door. Following the trail of blood, one that he craved to touch, to even just bare down and smell, Toulouse soon stumbled upon the carcass of a great beast slumped to the ground. Striding in imediately, hardly missing a beat in his footfalls, the phantom looked over the assailant and his two equine victims. The creature was one like Mister Teatime; Maren's bonded, only this one was clearly foul and vicious - nothing like the splendid creature that accompanied the Diviner. The blood dripped, it curdled; it was certainly enough to cause his hungry head to spin and his blank eyes to stare momentarily before curiosity bit at his mind once more.
"What on earth has happened here" He boomed, looking from  the alabaster stag to the young doe, another victim.  

@Nora @Noah !!
SO glad to see you back <3

stock image l love, space
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Steam seemed to be rising from the earth - TallSun had not been gentle in its descent this season, it seemed the Sun Lord above them was feeling particularly scorchful as he took the throne for his equal share of the year. Idly, the dragonmare wondered if the other seasons would be so vengeful, so challenging in their temperaments - there was only one true way of discovering this, and that was to experience them, which she fully intended on doing - no more exploring the world, she hummed to her companion, Helovia's borders hold enough wonders within them anyway, surely? It was a prodding thought, a curious question that she flung to her little golden king, concern for his opinion causing a sudden flare of anxiety to quicken her heartrate and sharpen her mental acuity.

Helovia is home, came the smooth, melodic reply within her cranium, as the dragons flew side by side, covering land speedily with their high altitude. They would not stay this high for long, for the wind was too vicious to ride for too long, but it allowed them to traverse the realm without expending too much energy - and it helped to keep both their bodies exercised and their lungs fit. It would be impossible to converse normally at this altitude - their mental connection, their bond was their way of communicating while they travelled this way. Dramyrth was particularly pleased that he had his bonded all too himself - too busy with flying was she to call upon her magic that compelled the souls of passed dragons to her. They always forged a simple, pseud-bond with Amaris, and the little king was not a stranger to jealously when he knew he was not the sole object of her attention.

It was subtle, the changes in the land, but they knew when they were nearing the borders. It was as if the scent of magic on the air became thinner, as if the lands simply changed as they merged with whatever was beyond the borders. More land, more ocean, Dramyrth offered sardonically, while they made their slow descent back to the earth, no Helovia, he added helpfully, as if trying to answer the silent question Amaris did not even ask. She offered a smile, both mental and physical, to her beloved little king, as they navigated the airways, aiming to land somewhere on a clearing - there was no need to hang themselves upon a tree, after all. Just as Amaris' hooves touched down (while Dramyrth still circled above happily), a crashing, thrashing, fighting sound emanated from nearby.

Golden eyes snapped to the source of the kerfuffle, golden ears stood to attention. They watched as a pegasus rose just above the treeline, before crashing back down - what else they hear, see, smell?

Blood. It wasn't something one heard, but they certainly smelt it. With dragon's blood running through their her veins, Amaris was sensitive to it in a way a predator might be, she could identify to a degree whether the blood spilt might be to a deadly degree - but not on scent alone. With trepidation jarring her steps at first, she pressed on, Dramyrth circling lazily above her - clearly less concerned than she was. What she saw was no less than a massacre - a tiger laid, bent and broken upon the ground, a pegasus stallion leaned against a thick tree trunk nearby, a smaller pegasus belle cowered closer still, and a pale (gelding?) steed stood, demanding. Amaris does not know what went on, but she could guess - newcomers, wandering through the Threshold (but why were they on the ground when they have wings?), were ambushed by this great feline predator - and they survived by the only means possible - vanquishing it.

Amaris recalled legends of her own mother undertaking such acts in order to survive. This world is about survival of the fittest, and sometimes that means some must die to allow others to live. The dragonmare herself had killed in the past - mostly fish, occasionally a rabbit, to satiate her uncommon desire for flesh and blood. Dramyrth, being the carnivore that he was, hunted more regularly - they were not strangers to death with a purpose, and so they looked upon this scene with an impassive expression. There was no judgement, no scorn in her stare, only a vague understanding, a desire to know more about exactly what had happened mingled with a patient need to help these exhausted, injured strangers on their way.

"We need to help them," she announced, and stepped forward, eyeing the fallen carcass of the tiger carefully as she approached the injured pegasi (for the gelding seemed to be much like her - a new arrival to the scene, not complicit in the events that had just unfolded), hoping her gentle (yet firm) words and soothing posture communicated clearly enough that she meant no harm. "Come," she beckoned as she approached the mare, offering her bulk as a crutch for her to lean upon, hoping the gelding would do the same for the stallion. "They need water, to cleanse their wounds and stave off dehydration." We can try and get answers from them once we are sure they will live long enough to tell their tale.
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

Toulouse Noah Nora
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily

VITANI
When we look up at the stars, we see only the memory of light; and though they are distant we know they still shine

Being a new and first time mother was much harder than most made it look. I am grateful for having Sarabi at my side to help me keep watch on my ever growing daughter. I will not make the mistakes of my mother. So when Tori starts to head off for the mainland my bonded and I were quick to follow her. Together we all end up in the Threshold of all places. Sarabi is on high alert, and I can feel my own magic ready to be used to cover a get away if we needed.

TallSun in the Threshold is much different from TallSun in the Throat. I never realized just how lucky I had been in the Falls. It had been much cooler there, even cooler than here at times even though it was still hot. That is when the smell hits my nose like a freight train. Blood My half blue half green eyes jerk to my bonded. Do I send her up ahead and keep my daughter tight to me? Or do I go ahead and see what happened? All together. If trouble you both RUN My bonded chooses for us as her mind is not clouded with parental worry as mine is. She is right. Yes we might all be walking closer to the danger. But Sarabi could delay enough to give us a head start for the Throat, and I could also if it came to take. Either way, Tori would make it home safely.

As a unit we move forward. I keep my daughter tight against my flank. I should not of allowed this. We should of stayed home. But no, I had allowed it and now we needed to find the source of the blood. It's Sarabi, scouting slightly ahead that finds the group. Come. Might be able to help. As Tori and I arrive on the scene, I can not help but gasp at the sight. I try to shield my ever curious daughter, but she sees it all anyway. The dead tiger, the winged mare, the winged stallion clearly injured, the other male and the mare who seemed to be both bonded to and part dragon herself. Without thinking of the strain it will put on me I speak up. "Once the wounds are cleaned, I have magic that could possibly help... At least some..." Sarabi jerks her head to me. What do you need me to do? Find herbs? Yes, and help me keep Tori close. Just cause this tiger is dead does not mean there isn't more.

"Talk"
Sarabi Talks

ooc - just mentioning Victorina with her. Not going to post her unless someone directly interacts with her

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel

There was no way to block the sight and sound of that sickening thud as the golden eagle returns to earth; toes awash with pale silk are now stained with black as they sink upon the killer and seal his fate in one fell swoop. There is a hum in the back of my head; the return of a frantic pulse, drumming its rapid tempo. The uneasy forest seems to wait, as if it were honoring the passing with unbiased remorse...two toned ears creep forward, a hard draw within my breast cracks these quivering lips. Unmonitored fabrications drift ashore from the farthest corners while I cling to my awareness. I'd fought to preserve a pitiful existence, but my bid was shallow compared to the price. I'd wagered, but hadn't been able to pay up for the fractured life still inside me.

A merciful onlooker -a champion in his own right- forcefully balanced the scale. Empathy for his predicament might've taken root had it the energy to sprout from the bitter corpse of reality. I stare upon the malformed face of the vanquished devil...Fragments of bone are scattered over the floor; pus and gore dribble down from what remains of a face. Though his expression is logically beyond recognition, my rattled mind can still make out the vindictive sneer curling up one corner...as if...even in the act of dying, he found pleasure. I felt no relief from his death; nothing of joy. But neither did I feel any abhorrence for it...the flavor of reaping couldn't sicken me.  In one short year...I'd seen the harbinger of torment first hand - I experienced unimaginable cruelty - hate that only a tribe of demons could imagine.

Word of his failure would reach their ears. I couldn't anticipate the length they wouldn't go to preserve their dignity, their insanity. Would they forsake me as a lost cause? Or would they eventually send more...?

Foggy irises strain to the feathered king as he drops without ceremony. The stench of sweat, dirt and blood sink into the forest floor. His heaving suffrage is a mirror of my own...Like me, his body whimpers with fatigue and shock; it groans in pain. The entirety of my haunches, spine and shoulders are a playground of lacerations ranging in depth (though none are life threatening.) Hemoglobin drips, trickling from those deeper cuts. Streaks of red merge with the dust, forming a crimson mud.

Forelimbs quiver as I try to draw them from my barrel, heavy wings droop; their primaries drag the floor, "N-noah..." A plea, a whisper from the raspy shell of the woman he gambled for. It wouldn't be long before the fragrance of our tangle attracts other predators. Another crack in the distance... Shutters widen, irises refocus as renewed terror sparks life in a bed of settling ash. Nostrils flare, I remain motionless as the figure appears. But this wasn't another monster...No...The male is a less battered replica. His mountainous, rippling frame comes to a rigid stop. Horns and tassel accent the powerful being. My wavering focus lingers on his exquisite decor. The entirety of him (posture, adornment, ect) spoke of authority. His voice is loud for the quiet, taunt atmosphere. I can't help but flinch from those alien sounds. Before any semblance of a reply could squeak from the darkening crevices inside me. Another figure darts into the clearing; same as the first...but...this one is more like me and Noah in some regard.

My dwarfed frame huddles tighter, aiming to shrink into the soil itself. Irises flick warily between the two arrivals. Doubt and misgiving are my default response considering my brief life had been full of mistrust. I feared the worse reality...skirting captivity, only to be taken by a different master.

"Noah..." That trembling utterance is likely lost when the female speaks over my muffled tone. More of their garbled jargon...the only boon is that her song is more appealing in a sense that it lacks the demanding notes of her decorated counterpart. When the winged woman slips in beside me, instinctively, I lean my collapsed weight aside -- ears plant themselves along the curve of my crown. Lips crease upward, baring the flat of my teeth -- all are anxious flags of warning that bare zero weight. "Quelle," my tongue is slow, my chest is tight and speaking takes effort, "veux-tu?" My subconscious winces as another muscle spasm rocks into view. My head suddenly feels heavy...A warm grogginess...I feel...sleepy. Shutters begin to slip of their own accord...my head slants down, slopping chin-first against the ground with my neck craning protectively inward. Faintly, I'm aware that another pair of strangers has come to view our woodland freak show.

OC: Hover over text for a translation!

Noah Posts: 59
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
The world seems to turn, spin around him as he lays post-battle, slumped against the cool caress of the earth. There he seeks shelter in the warmth of fond memory, a child again – pure and starry-eyed, cradled constantly by the loving presence of his Ma. Her touch, the familiar soft velvet of her nose, brings hot tingles to his spine and a vague grin slices visibly through his pain; ears wander nearer, begging for the smooth blanket of her voice, her song. Blood-shot eyes bury beneath the kindly embrace of her gaze and the trauma of the moments prior feels less…

In quick succession they arrive on scene though – a team of valiant first responders, stepping across a roiled battlefield beneath blissful blankets of ignorance, through the ashes of devastation; their tread seems rash upon the torn, red-splattered leaves and ploughed-through soil. Glistening black eyes trace each step from above, while grousing, sullen voices curse the intrusion – the interruption, and sharp beaks clack all the while impatiently, coveting the flesh beneath. The voice of each stranger fills the air, one after the other as they in turn, meet the grim scene with a different perspective; those words melt into one, touching the weary, wandering consciousness of the painted warrior, and coaxing him free.

Like a howl to the moon his spirit again raises, curling outwards and away from the warm, safe sanctuary of the dream – the soothing pulse of thinning hormone, shattered by the thunder of courage reignited. From beneath the heavy veil of exhaustion, Noah rises once more to challenge the arrival, their confidence amid turmoil, and he lashes forward with clicking teeth to stand.

Feathers flurry as his sullied, sore wings expand into the narrow glade (clumsy, they strike a low shrub, split seam on broken bramble), and stiff, heavy knees thrust forward, strain achingly, compelled to drag his weight off the ground. Ears tarry beneath the wild toss of flaxen sea, while turquoise eyes roll madly, incoherently between the faces in the gathering crowd – a rampant lunatic, driven mad by fear, agony and exhaustion. Pain rings through his forehand (shoulders, keel, the gore on show), and he stumbles pitifully in answer; he resists stubbornly the urgent tug of gravity and hesitates there momentarily across splayed legs. Jaws swing wide, a certain warning to any who gamble too near, he is vulnerable, weak – yet the small, incomprehensible bleat of the doe goads him on.

Through the haze of pooling, sloshing blood behind his eyes - the horrid blur of this reality, he spies her (the others are barely shades of life between), and without regard for bodies lingering, moving, trying, in the way, he lunges awkwardly around to the right and stagger-sprints forward. The fallen flank of the tiny creature quavers beneath frightened breath, but he dares not reach to touch this time – instead the stallion snarls outwardly with a snaking, writhing neck, aiming to turn at the same time, the massive left wing into an awning across her. Though he had little left to give - he would, for her. His promise did not cease with the death of that demon. Flashing eyes challenge each visitor foolishly – the nearer he observes is a queer version of himself, of his charge, but the reflection brings him no comfort. Not while his battered body boils to the brim.  

His thoughts are clearing, his view too, and it becomes quickly apparent that another has joined (none brandish animosity, but he is on edge, understandably), and he pitches a loud snort through flared nostrils. His shock is a curse – could easily be the pairs undoing, yet his anger reels unhinged, and without the chains of experience to bind him back down, to comfort, sooth his frayed resolve, Noah is incontrollable. “Stay back” he tells them menacingly, lifting right feathers, the dock beneath tail, and his crest all the more. Though pain nags him and tiredness taunts him, he calls on all reserves to portray something better, bigger. “Or...” Ferocious glare diverts to the bloodied corpse nearby for a split-second, “…or you’ll end up like him.” Brazen words for a babe barely weaned from the tender care of his Ma.
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

T O U L O U S E

The attention of Toulouse's ears were stolen by movement to his right, his tightened jaws snapping quickly in the direction of the grounded pegasus, a gilded fighter who was now conscious it seemed; conscious and moving. Yet another gruff exhale was expelled from his lungs, escaping in a a vibrant sound from his nares as he surveyed the scene.
The beast was dead, that much was obvious, though in truth this was of great inconvenience to the sleuth. Much could be learned from anyone subjected to the right kind of prodding and probing, especially when faced with justice in the harsher northern realm of the continent. A head full of knowledge and secrets lay leaking on the forest floor beneath him, and as a seasoned agent and thief, this could only caused the pale on to curl his nostrils in disgust and disappointment. What a waste. Some hard questioning by the thieves at the basin would have surely been beneficial to gain any and all information from the predator if he was a sentient one like the other creatures gathered; pegasus, equine and unicorn alike.

The footfalls of another alerted and awoke the phantom from his trenching thoughts, his minty gaze flicking to the two who had approached with aeons of distrust, though he daren't concentrate on those who didn't diserve his attention for too long. It were these helpless, wounded beasts who needed saving.
The smaller of the two, a bloodied and bashed doe had bleated across the scene to the stallion with nothing but fear and shock emerging from her cries; it was a kind that reminded Toulouse of true terror. Primarily he would assume that they were travelling companions, a couple even, though something told him that their relationship was not an ancient one forged by the gods like many he had witnessed over the years.

'quelle—
veux-tu?'

It were these three melodic words that caused the snake-like gelding's snarl to cease. Those words, that accent, that musical bohemian language; it all reminded him of none other than all of the women he loved. His mother, a Qualian of T'det spoke with that fierce dialect just like his loveless, yet picturesque spouse had. Most recently, it was the ballerina assassin who had reminded him of his childhood and the melodic language he had grown up speaking; now it was this lamb, tucked under the snare of fox fangs and bone-like crowns.
"rien," the gelding uttered, his keen eyes looking directly upon her own "seulement pour vous aider."

His crown of horns turned to face the approaching male, one who looked as though he would fall under the weight of a feather upon his back. The pale one wished to assist him, tell him to stop immediately and lay flat until a healer could be called for, but something intimidated him, keeping him silent. Perhaps it was the stag's impressive ability to even stand after sustaining such wounds.
As he closed in towards the bleating fae, Toulouse allowed himself a pace or two forwards in an attempt to provide himself as a lean for the injured man, but also to protect the girl he strode over to protect. The man could hardly stand - if he were to fall he'd only injure her more.
Though, the words boomed by the boxer caused Toulouse to give a grunt of his own.

Stay back,
--or you'll end up like him.

so they were not a pair, or so Toulouse could only guess by their completely different dialects.
"I heard fighting, screaming. I rushed to aid you" the pale one snorted "You seemed to have taken care of... it. Though, it seems to have almost done the same to you. Whether you want it or not you have my help as an agent of the north" He didn't need to go into detail, not now - politics was best discussed when those discussing it werent near death.
"Lower your defences, my lord. You appear to be losing blood which means limited time before your blood pressure plummets-
... you won't come back to consciousness after that"

Looking to the other two gathered, and then the serpent that lingered upon his horns, Toulouse wondered what the best course of action might be. They needed a healer; an actual healer.
Tilney, Lyanna, Sacre... or whoever held a similar position in the north.
"In the west I know of three healers. We need one, at least; Tilney travels often, you might find him nearest." He directed his idea towards those gathered, particularly those with wings or who were bonded to companions with wings. If he was to leave he'd be running all day and night, and Boomslang was useless as covering ground.
"I fear these wounds might be fatal"

please hover over foreign words for translation!

also, i'm offering for someone to have their companion fly to find Tilney who can come and heal them - he has both rank magic and active healing magic, so if someone wants to fly ahead to find him go ahead, just tag him! though if you dont want to that's fine too!

@Nora @Noah !!
Thank you angel for that wonderful code <3

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Amaris
drákos istoría

Chaos. Pandemonium. Panic. Amaris sees it all unfold, powerless to help. She watches as the adrenaline from their ordeal sets in, as it pushes them all to do whatever it takes to survive. Dramyrth remained scarce, hidden amongst the dry leaves of the canopy above, ever-watching. As yet another new pair stumbled onto the scene, Amaris felt through their bond, his focus sharpen, assessing this newcomers. He didn't have long to make his judgement, however - this was when the chaos began.

The broken pegasus fae seemed further panicked by Amaris' nearness, so the dragonmare halted her advances, and allowed the pale gelding to get closer (though she wondered if the same reaction would occur). The equine mare who had arrived seemed almost as exhausted as those gathered, but she made an offer to heal nonetheless (one day I might be so selfless, Amaris thought). The belle murmured something - had Amaris been concentrating enough, and near enough to clearly hear the quiet words, she might have recalled the language lessons her mother gave her, she might have been able to gleam at least a rough meaning from the words. The gelding seemed to understand though, and responded in similar tones, though Amaris could only go by the tone he spoke them in, and his overall body language, to guess the meaning behind them was similar to that which Amaris had announced earlier.

The stallion seemingly recovered his feet, and staggered closer to the pegasus mare - and then uttered nothing short of a threat. At this Dramyrth cawed from his perch atop the trees, though Amaris swiftly hushed him - he would be lucky to walk another step in his condition.

And then lots of talking happened. Amaris listened to the pale gelding, as he seemingly had not heard Amaris' original comments upon entering the scene or was choosing to repeat them in an extended manner. The dragonmare simply nodded along - there was no point trying to intervene at this point. To the equine mare (@Vitani ), she spoke softly; "If you are able to take the fatal edge from their wounds now, please do so. We aren't going anywhere yet." Golden eyes peered perhaps a little too long at the equine mare, however, for she added; "Do not do so much as to take your daughter's mother away from her."

Dramyrth, she beckoned gently, wondering how her capricious companion would react to the request he already knew was coming. Be friendly, she simply said as her dragon took flight with a huff of frosty breath, searching for someone, anyone who might be able to help; Tandavi was another who she knew with magic that healed, perhaps they would also be fortunate enough to find her today. The dragonmare wasn't out of tricks yet however - with a blink, she summoned two green spirits, and sent one on a similar, yet slightly different path to where Dramyrth flew, and the other, she sent high, to act as a marker for their whereabouts.

"We only mean to help," soothing tones coloured her sing-song reiterations, as the dragonmare, still hesitant to approach directly lest her appearance cause further upset, stood sentinel over the situation to ensure whatever approached the scene next was not a new deadly enemy.

@Tilney - Welcome to have Dramyrth or Amaris' spirit-dragon magic find him and follow back if you want.
@Tandavi - if you have time, don't stress if not!
@Noah @Nora @Vitani
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney
World's Edge Moon Doctor

TAG
OUTFIT
Lantern
WORDS
OUTFIT
Cloak

H
erb gathering was perhaps one of the flaxen physicians favorite chores, and there was a wide range of them that had to be completed from weeding the gardens to daily watering of the potted plants in the greenhouse. Their doctor to nurse ratio grew weak with the changing of moons and tides, the swelling of storms and chanting of lightning. Their healing ranks were no longer a team to be rivalled like they perhaps once were, and that was partly due the a lack of dedication all across the board. The three doctors, however, remained somewhat tireless in their efforts to safeguard their heard from ilnesses, infections, disease and bio-threat. With Peatree hung from his lofty crown of elk antlers, Tilney had spent his day in the oppoite side of the continent to his home in the eastmost side of the central meadow. Plucking and shovelled entire tendrils of bone grass into the pockets of his cloak - a fascinating plant, one that he had intended to study on it's healing properties and experiment upon bone fractures.

It was only when his head and neck truly grew weary from the strenuous, repetitive work that the vespertine stallion took a well-earned break, and moved from the great expanse of rolling hills to the near-by cover of trees provided by the Threshold's border. Easily he dozed off, his glimmering coat warmed like a blanket by the sunkiss and shade.
Peatree was happy to leave his bonded be, and took off back the way his flaxen friend had come through the madow. Spinning thistles were such fun to play with, and tilney never allowed him to touch them for fear of getting a wing full of prickles. The chiroptera's flight took im to the closest, most proud thistle in the meadow, giving it a gentle poke and watching it's flower shoot upwards with glee. Though, as his gaze travelled skyward with the flower, his beady eyes caught something else.
A dragon? No, a spirit dragon! Swooping over the bat's head in the direction of Tilney, Pea gave a great squark of warning to his bonded friend, accompannied by a babbled bunch of mind speach.
'Wake! Up wake!'

Fearful that this spirit had come to hard his friend, Pea beat his wings with all the fury he could muster and glided eastward to the location of Tilney, who by now was stirring from his slumber.
A green eye popped out of the most bronze eyelid, curling around the verdant scenery before him. 'Look!' Came through the bond, causing Tilney to squint with the little eyesight he had at that moment and observe a strange spirit circling before him.
"Oh!" He bellowed, his eyes fully opening. He begun by climbing upon his front hooves, sitting somewhat like a dog before he hiked himself back up onto all four of his legs. What on earth did this creature want with him? He was not attacking?
Without a moment to ponder the situation any longer, it was gone, whistling through the trees.

'it show! it show us! Tilney, It show!' was then squeaked through the bond to a rather startled stallion. Clearly, Peatree had a much clearer idea of the situation than Tilney, so it was the large brown bat that Tilney was directed by.
The baroque stag loped over leaf and twig, sometimes having to barge over a fallen log or dash through a creek in order to keep up with his winged companion who remained fairly silent and cryptic above the canopy, until...
'I see!'

The bronze man slid to a stop, his cloven hooves of clay and stone skidding against the damp forest floor. His crown twitched sideways following his nose, a most brilliant green gaze crossing through the trees as he searched for... whatever it actually was he was meant to be searching for.
And then he saw it.
From the small glade he stood in, a gap in the tree line provided a clear glimpse into a terrible scene. The gruesome carcass of a beast lay splayed across the center of the crime scene, all the while a whole crowd of first responders stood in assistance. Peatree floated down through the canopy, choosing to land directly on a low-hanging branch above the scene, hanging upside-down as all bats did.

The great stag, lantern laden and cloaked, allowed his pace to break once more into a lofty canter towards those gathered. There was no saving the creature struck to the ground, laying in more blood than dirt; there was nothing anyone could do for that beast. The victims, however, remained scarred and slashed, bruised and bitten - he had many a remedy both magical and herbal for their wounds.
The Doctor asked not a word of what had happened and spoke not a word of introduction; not even to the man he recognised as the saviour of his beloved, Arah. No time could be spared for friendly introductions or pleasantries.

☀︎

Tilney can heal in the following ways;
- With a kiss to the face whorl - the most effective i'd imagine, given it is an active magic and also he can choose how long the kiss lasts ♥︎
- Moon rank magic; he can conjure a thick smoke to bathe the wounds in, though wounds such as these would not likely be closed up entirely due to the severity and large number of them!
- Herbs; he also has a collection of herbs for drawing out infection, dulling pain, reducing swelling, etc. etc. that he generally uses before the use of magic.

Let me know which you would prefer he uses, if not all three!
ALSO if you could give me permission for Tilney to use his mind magic on your characters that would be handy (he can read the minds of people within his generaly vicinity, but only with OOC permission!) but of course if you'd prefer not to that's totally okay!
Thank u amaris for letting me have the spirits show tilney!

N E V E R R M I N D + A R A V E R N I

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel

Their cluster, the entire discord slowly becomes a low, garbled thrum...the bleeding high of adrenaline wouldn't sustain extreme fatigue. Building in the corner of my vision, a flooded tunnel of darkness creeps in...Our woodland scene becomes skewed, a bastard child of reality and imagination. I'm laying beside the broken framework of a figurative shoreline; its grey, green waters murmur, birthing temptation. Those haunting vibrations become more fierce by the second as brackish, velveteen hands slip from the churning surface. Beckoning, boldly anticipating; offering my worn out body a place of temporary rest. To my rattled mind, the figurative pool seems mercifully dreamless...dark and warm. Though it promises no real comfort -because a realm of vague emptiness couldn't truly sooth my terror- it does suggest that there would be an absence of danger and pain when I'm submersed in that sickly looking tide.

Give in...the raspy waters whisper, seeming to gurgle sympathetically. All I'm required to do is offer my unwavering submission.

If you let me rest, I try to bargain, but my credit is spent, it was hardly worth speaking. The water sighs and those fingers inch closer, only for a little while.

There is an interpretation, an opposing voice echoing in that dark space, (not the imaginary kind) I faintly recognize it as the ornamental male from before. But this time, his melody doesn't blare offensively, rather -much like a pebble thrown to the waves- it upsets the surface of that murky pool in my mind. His baritone cord resonates, answering my anxiety with a glimmer of clarity...I look up, reality becomes sharper. Traces of color return, as does the rapid swell of alien voices. Resentful fatigue aims to sink her fangs ever deeper, while my ashen mistrust ebbs from those unseen wounds. Tormented emotions are fractionally dulled, as my crumbled subconscious quivers, responding to those familiar cords...restoring a jagged piece of awareness.

Till now, nobody has managed to breach the invisible barrier surrounding me; none could shatter my prison.

Lids forcefully pry further open. Not now...mini me whispers, I didn't have the energy to spare on questions. Instead, I cling upon naive hope. Beneath me, the ground vibrates, absorbing the shock of giants. Irises flick over to find my savior coming...towards me, circling those crowding bodies. The golden eagle...my throat cinches; he'd...somehow managed to push those defiled legs beneath him. As wounded as he was... Noah's impure scent intensifies; a hard mix of fear, blood, sweat and undiluted fury. I gag inwardly, choking on the horror of his endurance and pain. A shadow passes, the cover of his ivory, gold wing and heavy body become a shield; while also hindering easy access of onlookers. Irises narrow, confusion and fear strums upon my heartstrings. Would they fight?

I try to lift my head, but the fevered aches intensify around my spine...they gravitate upward and create a dull throb behind my ears. Lips seal weakly, attempting to contain that uncontrollable urge to cry out! Instead, a raspy emission, my lapse of pain emerges as a muffled whimper. Trails of crimson slowly make their way across my body; their paths look more deadly than the wound(s) themselves. Even now, some of the lacerations have begun to clot, others (the larger, deeper ones) still weep.

OC:

@Tiney - feel free to do whatever comes natural to your character! <3 PP permission granted.

Riven
Like an equine tail brushes away flies, the group appears more or less, to deflect his pained threats - more still, they harry the wounded’s defences with swarming words, and logic that hasn't a hope of penetrating the stubborn wall of epinephrine; fight, not flight… neither bargain and die. Stuck fast in the overbearing heat of the moment (and that of the late day), terror still ripe in his trembling mind, he has no rationale or sensibility - no reason to back down. That is, except for the agonising, near-crippling wrath of his shredded shoulder.

He is a paltry child, wrapped in the dress of his most favoured hero; that facade though, is crumbling. Nausea curdles his conviction, bile turns and tumbles inside, and he wavers there before them like a leaf flicked by wind; he is succumbing to injury and he cannot find any more strength to resist - try as he might.

The ferocious fire in his gaze is failing fast, dulling, shifting to the slumped fairy beneath the flare of his own long feathers. Golden wings are sagging slowly at the same time, grimly, until the right-side length lays limp upon the stinking soil, the left, like a stiff blanket above her warm feminine skin; defeatedly, lastly. The gallant heart belting beneath padded breast skips, giant hooves founder clear of her dainty fallen frame, and true exhaustion - numbness, uncertainty, dawns on him like midnight in a cave. He comes to stand well out of their way, panting, ill gulps that never seem to quench the desperate thirst of his lungs. His figure convulses as shock overwhelms, consumes… Four horrifically deep scores mar the oceanic purity he portrays, pristine, white like sand, delivered by the cruel cat’s claws; they’d severed, sliced through muscle like a dolphin cutting sea, and weepy-blood pulses from each midst.

The sing-song melody of voices cloud his closing mind; they weave a picture before darkening eyes far lovelier than the feral scene he embodies, hovers atop; they are decorated with confidence and goodwill, vigour and life. The lull of the dragon-winged mare’s tone soothes his belligerence to wane, it calls a last grimace to weak lips - though he dares not fold to the beckoning embrace of her bosom, lest he tumble down altogether. The steady drum of hooves grows nearer, resonates through his core, a storm, rolling forth across the turbulent black waves his eyes now survey.  There is a light flickering in the distance and his thoughts reach out in vain, hopefully, curiously - do his ancestors call?

Yet it is not the path to heaven that opens, but a dancing lantern upon a cloaked guest.

Great knees buckle at last into the soil, and air gushes tiredly from each lung; he sinks left with the wound exposed above, until his masculine bulk lies still atop the other feathered joint. He trembles wildly, feels the cool, calm wash of sleep descend like a brilliantly fresh shower of rain, and he relinquishes his touch on reality - the pain, the fatigue, the fear and fury, because it feels so wonderful.

[Note: happy for a pash or whatever rolls his way! Full permission given ;D]
(no need to ask)

T O U L O U S E

The bloodflood and sanguine severity began to crystalise wihin the mind of the sleuth, one who by now was coming to realise the true nature and damage inflicted upon these two individuals. Primarily, the gelding had assumed that the mottled dove who lay sunken in the roots of the glade had sustained naught but a frail collection of flesh wounds, and that the shock of it all had been the main perpetrator, the one to blame when it came to her filipendulous state. She was falling between the cracks, slipping futher away; they both were.

Looking to the sky, to the place where the dragon-like woman had sent her companion and spirits in search of help.
Please hurry.

Of course, the thief would not just stand in wait. He possessed no extensive knowledge of plants and herbs, and held a basic understanding of how injuries reacted to various methods of treatment, though really, how damage was dealt and dealing it was where his expertise lay in the scheme of things. Surveying each of the wounds, there was naught he could suggest other than compression; he knew nothing about herbs from this region, or even this entire continent. Should he stumble across some Kingsfool or Verzena in their general vicinity they would be in luck, though something told him that herbs from his country would not grow this far over the seas.

"Pressure;" Toulouse instructed, feeling it might be hte most helpful conclusion to come to. "Keep pressure on the wounds"  . Still, he assumed that the gilded stallion would not allow him near the bohemian miss; would he at least accept his help for himself?
That would be a most horrid idea, however. Should the blood of that golden eagle come into contact with the pale carnivore he might surely unravel. All these years of self-control; gone. Perhaps there truly was no greater curse than the one that bewitched Toulouse; with all the repurcussions it seemed as though every aspect of his life and any he encountered would be hindered for it. Here he stood, wanting and willing to help, and yet he could not.

Turning his crown away from the crowd, Toulouse turned to observe the carcass that lay at the center of it all. Reaching with his near-side hoof, Toulouse attempted to push the Tigers head upwards in a silent, brief search for any kind of identification. Collecting information from the perpetrator was something he would have to do post mortem, and as sad as he was he wouldn't be able to subject the creature to an interrogation, he was glad he wasn't going ot have to drag it to a cell up north.
Where had it come from? Why was it here? And what did it want with these two?
These were all questions that Toulouse was set on answering, and the keys for each lay within both victims and the body of the assailant.

With Boomslang uncoiling from his sleepy perch upon the pale one's horns, Toulouse turned his gaze over the beast in search of clues and hints, the leaf-coloured snake slipping to the ground beside him and coiling around the tiger's gangly leg.
Then, sounded the thunder; a brontide of racing hoofbeats which sent a flare of hope within the theif's heart. Light pooled where there had been none, and within a few moments the Doctor had broken his way into the scene.

"Tilney," the serpentine man boomed "They were attacked" was his next words as the palomino behemoth fell to his knees, slumping to the ground just as his rival had.
Certain the doctor would be on task within a matter of seconds, Toulouse watched with clenched, worried teeth for only a few more moments before his gaze turned back to the wrecked body before him, ready to continue his search.

Toulouse is searching the tigers body - let me know if there's anything of note he should discover!!! <3

@Amaris  !!

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Amaris
drákos istoría
Hold on…

--

Amaris had never sent a spirit so far away before. The dragonmare's magic had never truly been tested, its reaches never defined - as far as she knew, it was boundless, limitless, an endless stream of light and spirit and fire linked to her soul, fuelled by her fanciful whims and wants.

But it was not limitless. It was not an endless stream - it had its limits, and she had just discovered them.

--

Hold on.. the voice echoed, not quite in her mind but seemingly all around. Amaris was not all-powerful, all-magnificent, all-knowing of all the things that were worth knowing. Amaris did this thing without a second thought for her own wellbeing, but now she wore the price.

A scorching headache blazed through her cranium, tears burned behind her eyes as she pinched them shut hastily, as her green spirit led an antlered being into the fray. The dragonmare spied him with blurred vision, memories of a yearling filly, Maude?, leaping to the forefront of her mind. But no, this was not the yearling she had leapt and played with in the Meadow, this was a stallion - a healer?

"Heal them," she insisted softly, watching through her aching eyes as the pegasus stallion crumpled before them, and the mare swayed dangerously, the blood upon her pelt painting stripes down her curious charcoal-and-ivory hide.

Hold on… Dramyrth's insistence upon her soul was all that anchored her to the conscious realm at this moment, as her spirit-dragons winked out of existence once more and her golden king returned in a rush of leathery wings. The golden dragon landed before his bonded, too afraid to dare land upon her lest he unsteady her position - she was planted upright, bowing her tiara towards her chest as if she could pray away the strain her magic took upon her. Breathe, he commanded, and so breathe she did.

Time seemed to move slowly, and also very fast. What is he doing? the dragonmare questioned, as through her blurred eyes she watched the pale crème gelding venture back towards the striped carcass of the beast who maimed and wrought such damage upon others. Unimportant, Dramyrth insisted, focussing on bringing his beloved dragonmare back to the present, on keeping her there, and now.

The dragonmare breathed, and watched the scene play out; there was little more she could do until all parties were recovered enough to properly communicate about all that had unfolded here.

@Tilney is welcome to 'read' the underlined section of Amaris' mind ^^
Amaris is OK, she's just derping off to the side a bit.
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

Tilney
World's Edge Moon Doctor

TAG
OUTFIT
Lantern
WORDS
---
OUTFIT
Cloak

W
ith  a collected sigh, expelling the air from his lungs along with any weary thoughts about blood or gore, or even the pure grit and grime of the wounds he observed, Tilney leaned his head in over the pair. As the stallion began to fall, the one who stood guard over the bleating doe, Tilney rushed to his side and slung his neck under his wing in an attempt to break his fall; such a heavy brute would surely do himself more damage were he to fall the wrong way. "Careful sir!" The flaxen doctor boomed as the gilded draft kelled over onto his knees, soon to lower himself to the ground not far at all from the crash site of the damsel.

The gent was in such great pain, he could hear it so loudly within his own mind that he could almost hear it. The panic, the snapping of bone and skin, the screaming. They were all just a number of sounds heard like whispers among Tilney's own thoughts, and luckily he was becoming more skilled at separating what he was actually hearing from what he was thinking, and then what others were thinking. It seemed his blessing was also a terrifying curse. What truly fascinated Tilney however was that this stag did not fear death; in fact, he seemed to welcome the waves as they washed over him.
Not today; that was Tilney's response to that as he leant his lips down to the eyes of the palomino gentleman, tracing them to the point in the very center of his face where all the hair spiralled from. Pursing his lips, Tilney breathed softly upon the whorl of the fighter's face as he kissed him gently, his eyes falling closed as he felt his power whistling away, draining from within him.

After a long few moments, his head beginning to tire, Tilney gasped for a breath. He pulled his face away from the stranger, eyelashes fluttering over weary eyes as he surveyed his work; had he healed him enough?
It took such a great deal of energy to heal; it stole from every cell in his body. There was no question whether he could go on or not, and without another heartbeat, he turned to the splashed doe, though not without casting his mind's eye over the other two present; the dragon-like woman in particular. A vision of his own daughter crossed his mind as he did so, and this caused him to frown mainly out of curiosity as he made his way towards the other victim; he'd be sure to ask about that at a later date.
Leaning his lips down once again, Tilney pressed his maw softly to the woman's face not long after inspecting her wounds. Eventually, he had to grit his teeth and brace the ground beneath him as the power emerged from his muscles, his every cell, causing his heart to race and his muscles to work to the extreme.
"We don't want to heal you too!" came through the bond from Peatree who was perched above, giving a gentle squeak to alert his friend.

Again, the doctor gasped for a breath, stumbling backwards into the trunk of a mighty oak. Breathing laboured, legs shaking and head drooping, He soon found his own way to the forest floor. "Any better?" He asked, though he was more than confident they should be more than better. A great sight passed his lips, his head tilting downwards to the ground ad he huffed and puffed, allowing his body to rest. A few minutes and he would be fine, but for now he would need to rest.
"Pea," He cooed, the bat immediately swooping from the canopy to his friend's aid. "Cinnamon fern for our patients"

With yet another squeak, Pea was crawling up onto the chestnut's hide and searching the pockets of his cloak for a bundle of cinnamon fern; a fern easily distinguished by it's rusty colour. Fluttering towards the recovering mare, landing directly under her maw, Peatree attempted to stand on the tiny feet he was born with and reached upwards with a small leaf of fern towards her mouth in offering. Next, came the palomino gent, only this time he took to landing on the man's wing and held it out to him.
"This should hydrate you" Tilney explained, now feeling strong enough to sit up.

☀︎

Thank you for permission guys!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Aurora Basin Mare
Angel
My head pulsates violently, radiating uncharted affliction like I've never experienced before. Eyelids flutter, my dizzy focus can just make out the lower half of our latest bystander through the arch of Noah’s legs (and a few others,) his gawking presence joins the rest as a muffled acknowledgement. Though, beneath the indefinite agony, I find a glimmer of strength to nod at the very real possibility that they might be from the same group. Naively, I cling to the vague idea that there could be more…a true escape from the torments that chased these heels and strangled my dreams. My savior tilts, quivering, -- and though his face is turned away from me -- there is a hardening sense that his endurance is failing. An abrupt wave of dread and warning pours into my aching, nauseous belly; it demands without care, yelling for me to crawl aside – to do something! But like that warrior…I’d cashed in at the expense of my flesh to just arrive upon these blood-stained soils. Because my body is sluggish to react, if he were to pivot upon me (a terrifying notion)...my remains would become a mere smudge upon the forest floor.

Noah slumps, his fury seems to cave in the wake of those terrible consequences that have caught up. An overdue account -- unbalanced. Dark, steaming blood drips freely upon the churned litter; I imagine those trails of pure, untainted life are surely merging upon the putrid, demon hunter. A quiet, incomprehensible murmur cracks from these lungs, pitifully rising into the air as the mighty one stutters away, his wing forsakes and exposes me to the crowd. Irises lift to the adorned male, the one who'd breached the language barrier, "aide le," my distress, vulnerability and sorrow couldn’t be more pronounced. Noah tips forward and my inner self blanches at the sight. While those heavy knees touch down, the world is shifting, pivoting sideways. Nostrils flare, sucking timidly upon the sweltered air. Soft fragments of light blare tirelessly through the leaves and twigs above us.

Thin, velvet ears fractionally lift -- the crowd has become muffled. Tears skew my vantage as their scene begins to darken, those peaceful (unreal) voices return. My thin grasp on awareness hangs by a thread. But this time…I wouldn’t have the strength to rise from that dark pool. I cling...

With my savor cast aside, there is nothing to prevent the stranger from moving in. Insignificant flags crop up, but neither me or my subconscious has the vigor to deal with them. With a thundering heart, I attempt to prod swiftness by baring my teeth at the oncoming perception of danger; wet eyelids slide close as he draws near, (with perceived dignity) I brace against the fabrication of infliction. Trembling both inward and outwardly, I reach (willingly) for the promising darkness and the possible end of confusion and turmoil.

My latest tormentor hesitates… I can taste his musk and feel the heat of an opposing breath unfurling over my skin. Tingling, quivering warmth rises from the unwelcome contact – meek curiosity flicks these shutters halfway open – I'm shocked to find the man roaming over my body…then his lips near my face. Ears stumble backwards, drawing tighter into the tangled mass of hair upon my head.

Taunt, rigid...

He...

At first, a quite, warm tingling begins from the point of contact – then, it slowly fans outward. As his gentle touch lingers, the ache and swelling along my shoulders, midsection and spine begin to dwindle. The noose is removed, a sweet tide of relief floods my entirety, lids flutter shut -- absorbing, surrendering on instinct into the current of his strength and power. Though there is mild discomfort as the scattered array of wounds forcefully clot, crust and knit together...it is more than bearable. Agony is cleansed, pulled from me like a thorn or splinter. When I (at last) feel him pull away, my greedy flesh leans intuitively forward – aiming to follow before fully realizing that he’d backed off. I open my eyes and lean back; nursing my astonishment while the stag crumbles to the ground, obviously taxed. Brows narrow, amazement and appreciation fall short with the sudden burst of remorse and concern coming up the rear.

When he speaks…my senses emerge from their blanket of dirt; making an attempt to absorb his jargon as the fog lifts from the functional parts of my brain. I make out the word, ‘better,’ and puzzle his intention, answering the stag with a universal nod of agreement.

My focus surveys the group, taking half a moment to observe the variety of people around me. But their collective becomes dim when my eyes land upon the creature standing before the blond mare. His body is magnificent; rivaling a sunburst! Powerful shoulders lead into a shapely, serpentine line. A dragon. I'd met one before, a tiny fiend from the sea; oceanic plates, splashed with white and blue – and rather than the fabric of a bat – his wings had been made of feathers (much like my own.)

Feathers...'Noah,' My mind croaks; returning to reality as the medicine man continues to hum his alien song. Optics jerk anxiously to fallen eagle, scanning his dappled pelt for signs of life. A quiet bleat swells, but the wispy exhale becomes lodged when a tiny shape breaches the corner of my vision; I flinch back, shivering and snorting as the thing settles near my nose. My head lifts, -feeling heavy but obedient- as I angle upward in such a way to observe the tiny beast. A bat? The tip of my nose quivers; his tiny fingers reach upwards, clutching an aromatic leaf…lips crease into a frown, but I find the resolve to reach for it hesitantly, sniffing and nibbling upon the corners. The unfamiliar taste slips over my tongue and as it does, those dry recesses instantly water. His sample disappears in an instant – leaving me wanting for more.

OC:

-hover over text for a translation!-

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
If observant eyes were to find the correct angle and diligently search the fractured, war battered corpse, the inspection would unveil an unusual scar upon the upper, left shoulder of that fallen hunter. But the mark wasn’t caused by the hoof or teeth of his latest victim. (Nor by any other tooth or claw.) Size wise, it is around four inches wide and similarly long. It is misshapen and greyed with time; easily missed within the tangle of dirt and orange, ebony hair. The charred shape is that of a legless serpent, with (seemingly) large, feathered wings sprouting from either side. The uneven lines would suggest that the wound is a crude form of branding.

Since lofty pride had been his downfall and the hunter never assumed that the result of today’s skirmish would end like this, he’d brought along no weapons – assumption and natural confidence had been his arsenal – nor did he carry a bag or cloth of any sort. However, if one would delve deep enough, a sensitive nose could dig through the gore and sweat to unveil the weakening fragrance of his foreign homeland.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
(I'll edit to add her table when I get home. Posting from my phone)

Everything seemed to suddenly go so fast. So fast that I have to admit I am caught in a state of fear for my young daughter and the need to help those that I can. I hear the dragonmare speak to me, and I merely nod slightly snapping back to the movements and new arrivals.

Without another thought I focus on my healing magic. It's been hard to use before when I've tried and I'm not the most talented with it. I can feel Sarabi's concern for my own well being as I push the magic forward to both the stallion and the mare, the stallion first. It's not easy trying to turn back time and mend wounds almost as if they were never there. This time is no different as I struggle to keep control. I didn't want to use to much energy but... Before I knew it I had, as my knees buckled and I landed with a thud against the ground. Tori cries out in fear and worry for me, and Sarabi presses against her gently in reassurance.

'She told you not to use to much. Now look.' I sighed tiredly at my bonded's words. 'To late now, I just hope it was enough'

Riven
There is strange, alluring weightlessness - both physical and mental, and it beckons to him the way sunlight beckons the new bud to bloom; it sings forth this coma to lift like a wall of cosy chorus around him. They speak nearby, wild, beautiful ambience - mere shadows in this parallel world of tranquility and soft, rosy light. Thick lashes part to view the beautiful queerness, quietude, the fantasy he has so willingly now succumb to and the warm arms of the wind embrace him wholly, coax him ever forward, whispering; he ascends like lazy smoke from the cooling ashes of life. He draws in the sweet flavour of the afterlife - wonderful, invigorating, intoxicating, and feels the tingling numbness in his soul.

‘The end…’ his subconscious coos aimlessly and the sound is dim, delicate, like it has travelled a vast distance to find his inner ear, thoughts, every inch of him that listens.

A shadow looms darker than the rest, levitates, like subtle , slow mist rolling between hills, it brings a sudden chill to the air. He grows uneasy in its presence, yet there seems no road past - neither beside, nor behind;  pure blackness travels in its wake, dreadful. The softness in the air has become brittle and the varied pitch of syllables, the swish of movement, strike neon through the sky, the earth (the hazy form each has taken); the wind is sucking, dragging at his billowy silhouette, drawing him in with ever growing urgency. ‘It is time,’ one thought reassures, but another cries out in fear, and a third watches with a growing sense of trepidation. It feels wrong. No endless green valley lures, no rainbow swings overhead - only the grim, lonely darkness creeps closer.

He starts back apprehensively, shies from the gaping mouth of nothingness, but its hungry jaws grow horribly wide so that he cannot step anywhere but upon it; the air seems to ignite with noise, whistling, so shrill that his mind screams out in agony and when he pauses to inhale, he finds no oxygen left to drink.  Panic engulfs him; he chokes, gags and with bulging eyes he teeters on the brink of that blackness - then he falls…

Turquoise eyes flash suddenly open, filled with desperation, fear - the late light! His jaws fall agape before delicious, invigorating oxygen funnels down into his lungs, engorging them; his heart, though thrashing, echoes with the full ferocity of life in his ears. One pale, muddy-white knee lifts, then the other, and he rolls from the carpet of fetid needles and onto his elbows, belly. Where is the pain? Velvet pink muzzle turns right to dab smooth scarring, the rough ridge of scabbing down each centre and hot breath caresses the still bloody-fur girt around. After a long moment of inspection, wavering ears guide forward his focus to the group standing by - stranger to behold than the warmth still threading, tingling through his shoulder.

“Who are you?” he questions weakly looking first to the winged mare (she stood just apart), then to  the mother and each male in turn. Their numbers were decorated by surprising animal-folk - two serpents were visible, one it seemed winged, and a canine of sorts… There was no trace of the animosity in him which had been, instead confusion clouded his weepy eyes. The fallen shape of the dove rests behind them, and he moves to rise; to return, but finds little strength in the muscles that bind him. With a heavy ‘humph’ he rocks, falls back, though pulls the lower sullied wing closer in to his side. There upon the other (still outstretched) appears something new - a winged creature far tinier than even his fairy, and it gestures forward with a gift of unknown plant matter. He hesitates momentarily, suspiciously - and gently tips the great arm beneath (so that the bat might slip without injury back to earth).

It never occurred to him that magic lingered through their midst.
(no need to ask)

T O U L O U S E

'Aide le,' she had bleated, her voice so soft yet words so... haunting. A blank, bewitched stare fell upon the pale gelding's countenance, the kind that onemight assume he had been struck by some odd magic. Those words; those two filipendulous words, carried upon them naught but failure and the memories of all he'd wished to forget. Loss, war, a fall. Help him, help them, help me. Never until now had he heard them repeated in the language in which they had originally been screamed, the recollection causing a casade of vivid scenes both memory and nightmares to wash right over all thought, all the while keeping his pale eyes affixed upon those of the angelic mare.
Luckily for Toulouse, the doctor recruited by the draconic mare was swift and calculating, managing to pluck both victims from the cliffside of the abyss. It seemed his help, whatever that might be, was not needed. The pale one's healing expertise ranged as far as a number of common herbs sung about in T'detan nursery rhymes, and the effectiveness of which had not once been trialled on by even himself.

Regrettably the gelding turned his eyes away from the mare who had pleaded for his aid, though truthfully, it seemed she put far too much faith in him and not in the others present. Should she need protection, information gathered, something stolen, something returned, or perhaps an entire herd infiltrated, she had found the right man. To administer life-saving first aid? Certainly not.

Instead, the man turned to the fallen assailant, intent on continuing the post-mortem. Any information gathered from this beast would be most valuable, specifically anything hinting as to why on earth a tiger was in the threshold.  His hoof stepping once again underneath the sweaty, cooling ribs of the lifeless savage, Toulouse heaved the carcass over in one great shovelling push. In oder to inspect the opposite side, Boomslang peeled himself out from under the newly-flopped cadaver and slinked his way into the mouth of the beast, inspecting the blood and gore that remained within. The phantom's own keen gaze scoured the striped cat's pelt, maw twisting into a pouting frown as his eyes glazed over. Nothing; just stripes. A plain tiger it seemed. Or- wait,
One stripe was not like the others at all. Discoloured, rugged, hairless, misshapen; the shape of a dragon? A brand.

Brows arching, his chin craning back towards his breast, the stag pondered where the monster could have hailed from and what kind of organisation could have sent it. Whatever it was, it was not from these lands.
Nose turning back in the direction of the recovering victims (now, apparently it was three given the state of the doctor) Toulouse finally adressed them. "It is branded" He boomed, eyes twitching over the pair "But you must rest," He corrected himself, turning once more upon his hocks and walking to the very edge of the glade to gaze out at the forest, the mountains beyond, and the new country the two outsiders had found themselves in. "I will stand watch while you rest. When you have recovered some of your strength I can escort you to my herd in the north". As he spoke this, his eyes hardly trained away from the watch he had now commenced, eyes fixed upon the threatening wilderness.
And so his watch began.

@Nora @Noah !!
Toulouse has offered to guard them while they rest and then take them to the Aurora basin :) He has also discovered the brand upon the tiger's shoulder and intends to question Nora and Noah about it at a later date. Let me know if you need toulouse again! otherwise I think hes pretty much done for this thread? :D

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Amaris
drákos istoría

As her sight returned to normal, as her cranium recovered from her efforts, Amaris was given some quiet time where she could observe, absorb, scrutinize the situation. It seemed her presence was hardly noticed, barely discernible against the background - clearly, she had served her purpose, she had summoned the healer who would save the day, and now she was to be ignored, tossed aside, overlooked. It was a new-ish sensation; the dragonmare had served in herds before where her (lack of) skills made her a redundant member, and thereby forgotten, shoved to the side, but it did not happen so often in these curiously social situations.

She planned on taking advantage of it.

To be a part of a situation but a virtually invisible member of it was astounding to her the first moment she realised; the next moment, however, she embraced it wholeheartedly. Her sharp, keen gaze drank everything that surrounded them, and as her mental acuity returned, she realised several things: that healers were inherently selfless, and a little bit foolish ( no more than you were just before, Dramyrth remarked ); a geldings' motivation was very difficult to determine ( stallions are so much more predictable, just look at the way the pegasus drapes himself over the mare he does not even share a language with ); and a tigers corpse looks rather creepy when a snake deigns to slide in and out of its stinking mouth.

I could eat it, Dramyrth offered helpfully, amusement colouring the words as he lightly leapt to his bonded's withers, confident she was feeling well enough again already. Lucky I did no more, or I would be no better than the healers or the injured - who seem to have traded places, she commented idly, shifting so that she stood closer to the equine mare, unfolding a golden wing to offer a shield, a comfort. Amaris was not interested in investigating the 'scene of the crime' further; she suspected the newcomers had secrets which might have caused the entire thing - or else a predator was just behaving in the way that predators do (it wouldn't be the first time such a thing had occurred in the Threshold of Helovia, or for that matter, anywhere in Helovia - if anything, the plainness of a tiger was the most unusual thing). Whatever the case, all would be revealed in time - a second, an hour, a year, it didn't matter to the dragonmare, for she was not overly invested in the situation ( the situation hardly seemed invested in her, so why should she put more energy than she already had into it? ), it simply wasn't her business.

'Who are you?' comes the question, a surprising one as the dragonmare had resigned herself to fading away from the situation entirely. He directs it at everyone, though the gelding already seems to have moved on and assigned himself the righteous task of standing guard and then escorting them elsewhere ( what if they didn't want to venture further into the lands that just tried to kill them? What if they wanted to carve their own path, forge their own journey? What gives him the right to decide the trail they will walk, the people they would meet? ), wholly neglecting to respond to the recovering pegasus ( though he clung on the mare's every word, geldings certainly are curious and unpredictable ), the healers were still recovering from their own contributions to the situation - she supposed it was her turn to act, to respond. She, at least, would give the pegasus steed something.

"A concerned bystander," she said softly, "whose usefulness is nearing its end," she admitted easily, bowing her tiara low to touch the equine mare gently. "I'll depart just as soon as she is recovered, and she and her daughter are on their way to safety," she gestured to the equine mare, before falling silent once more, shifting her weight and simply letting everyone catch their breath.

ooc:
Unless anyone needs her again, Amaris is out - I'd love to thread again in future ^.^
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

Tilney
World's Edge Moon Doctor

TAG
OUTFIT
Lantern
WORDS
OUTFIT
Cloak

T
he curious chiroptera took his flight from the wing of the wounded fighter and curled his tiny phalanges around a hanging vine, chosing to sling himself right above the splashed and mottled mare.
Tilney? the bat cooed through their bond, his thoughts echoing with concern for his chestnut friend who still lay in recovery. The fruit bat, who through Tilney's own knowledge and expertise, had acquired his own basic knowledge of plants and healing. With yet another coo form the canopy, Peatree swooped down to the ginger stag he always followed and rummaged through the pockets in his cloak in search for the bundle of fern. Plucking a tendril of the rust-coloured fern from it's twine tied bundle, the chiroptera once again held the heavy piece of flora out to his bonded's mouth.

The stag, who by now had perked up quite a bit from his own ordeal, reached for it with a nod of thanks and a bright, happy eye, proud of the young bat for remembering to offer.
With his green gaze soon crossing to his patients, Tilney was more than glad to see them retracting from death's threshold, awakening and stirring. It seemed his attempt at plucking them from the edge, the threshold of a land one could not return from, had been successful.

Gathering all the strength he could find, the gilded stand powered upwards onto his four legs, shook out his coat and observed the tiger for a brief moment. "well, there's no helping him" He muttered, then turning his gaze back upon the wounded duo.
He would stay to monitor and observe them, and head home when they departed.

☀︎

Tilney's staying to watch over them, but will go home when they leave for the basin!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎