[OPEN] not you again [quest]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn

You’d think a man would learn, right?

Nope. 

Maybe it was the lure of seeing Glacia again, paired with the wild rush of knowing I could get busted at any moment.  Maybe it was the fact that I was going a little bit crazy, day by day, the longer I swept my dark, coiling feelings into the river, and carried on as if they didn’t float there alongside me still.  Maybe it was the pressure of having responsibility, and things I had to do, that had driven me to the brink of foolishness…

Or, maybe, it was fate itself, bringing to a resolution something that had started plenty long enough ago.

There are lots of things to give me away; the fact that Duir refused to come with me, knowing it was a stupid idea, means that I’m not invisible.  Though I’m pretty sure he’s sticking close by, watching through our bond, I also know he won’t help me, unless he thinks I’ll die.  He’d only do that because, well, if I die, he does too, and, while he sometimes doesn’t care for me very much, he does love life, almost as much as I do (beneath all this hopelessness and depression, that is – why else do you think I haven’t offed myself yet?).  That I’m a bit out of my element mentally leaves me at yet another disadvantage, my hooves not quite as keenly placed each time as they should be, my thoughts easily drawn away by the dark shadows laughing in the side frames of my active thoughts of this hoof here, carefully set this branch like so, and I have entirely forgotten to keep the shining surface of my bronze plate from touching the condensed rays of sun, breaking through the canopy above.

Regardless, it can’t be long before I’m caught.

I just don’t care enough to even wonder about it.

[ OOC:  This thread has been previously discussed with Sarah/Smitty as far as I know.  Please no one else but Raeden until further notice for plot purposes <3  it will eventually open up for others to come in, so keep your eyes peeled! ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

@Raeden

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

The pair patrolled the lands of Edge. She was finally able to feel like there was a bit of authority back in her name. Now that Toulouse was gone she got her title of Specter back. It felt good to know that Iona wanted her back at her side. Raeden felt appreciated and loved working and living in this herd. She would do anything for Edge. She would fight her last breath for this herd. Slowly the two crept through the bush and thick haze of the world around them. Teal eyes scanned for any hint of movement. Slowly they picked their way through the routes that most members did not take. If an invader were in the herd, they would be hiding where eyes can not catch them. Working their way closer and closer to the border a familiar scent intruded her nostrils. The mare wanted to huff and blow it off as being a scent that the wind picked up and brought towards them. Silver-flecked eyes looked to Tin for his opinion. The stag shook his head no... this thing she smelt was in the Edge somewhere. Rolling her eyes, Tin cloaked the pair, and they went off in that direction.

It did not take long to find the black colored man. He still looked the same. Golden markings and a bronze plate flashed in the hot suns rays. His piercing eyes glared through the blackened pelt. Looking over to her bonded the mare wanted to scream asking the man if he was stupid. What the fuck is he doing back here?! Tin almost chuckled He did not learn his lesson . When the man started moving closer to them, Raeden walked to stand in his path. The pair stood cloaked for a few moments before revealing themselves. There the pale golden specter stood looking at the man who tried invading edge once before. "Rikyn, am I correct? ." Her head tilted slightly as a deviant smile fell across her maw. "If you are here to see your little friend, she is gone. D' Arcy can not save you this time." Her voice lashed at the man like poison before looking around at the surrounding.

The trees leaned their branches towards the pair. They started to enclose the three into a capsule away from other viewing eyes. Her pointed skull stood tall and proud from her shoulders. The mare was not going to back down from the black sneaking man. "You did a good job of keeping quiet, but I must say you forgot about one little thing. " Her voice dripped from her maw like sweet honey. "That beautiful shoulder piece glimmers and glistens in the wonderful season's sunlight. I could almost see you from a mile away." Raeden laughed slightly shaking her beautiful cream tresses. "So here we are again. The same place, under the same circumstances. What do you want, and more importantly, why are you here sneaking around the herd AGAIN?" Her voice almost growled at the last part of the sentence, but she remained calm and collected. Beautiful feminine curves adjusted her stance, waiting for a poor excuse once again.
"Talk."

@Rikyn

I'm all you ever wanted

It’s not long, at all.

With the same “Ta-da!” bullshit she pulled last time, the rosy mare and her buck appear before me on the path. Squaring up immediately, my eyes narrow contemptuously, tail moving irritably about my ankles, because I don’t have time for this today.

Her mention of d’Arcy earns an impetuous snort, and I look out into the wood coolly, with an annoyed lack of concern for her recollection of which ladies are my girlfriends and which aren’t. Besides, I’m not here for the pretty ebony, russet and moonlight filly, this time. I wasn’t the first time, either, but Miss Knows-Everything here doesn’t know that, does she?

"Oh, fuck off," I remark, "you think someone like me only has one girlfriend?"

Even when the trees seem to bow in over us, I don’t budge, staring her down. Unbeknown to me, however, my glance out into the wood has allowed my shoulder plate she so graciously complements to part from my skin slightly, and the blue stone tumbles down to the leaf-laden ground. Duir (watching, hidden, from the nearby trees, where he had made his way toward no sooner than he’d sensed my sudden shock at Raeden’s appearance) does notice, however, and doesn’t say a word to me about it, still pretending he’s not there, and keen to see me learn my lesson. Being upset does not merit doing whatever you please.

"Well, I mean, they make glass here, so go get a mirror, sweetheart," I darkly remark, fully intending to just blow by her when I get a chance, and actively waiting for it, muscles gathered, "too many pretty girls, not enough real men, and all that."

Я
what the other boys all promised

Image by VeerDesigns@DA - Code by Me

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

Her eyes almost rolled at the first sound of words coming from his mouth. Blah. Blah. Excuse. insult. Tin, on the other hand, rolls his eyes for Raeden. He chuckles internally and waits for everything to unfold. Well, let us start with this man not even stating a reason for being in her herd land. He is rude, pushy and the boy needs to learn a lesson. "Honey I was not even giving you the praise of having ONE girl, let alone several." Her words spit from her mouth between the chuckles of his immaturity.

Her chuckles turn into a frown when the man decides to say something about glass making. "Maybe you should take the cloth from the basin crafts that blindfolds you off. You know so you can actually look in the mirror. Of wait... you can't see anything in your mirror, so that won't even help you. Hmm.. " Teal orbs could not help but roll, but then something odd on the ground caught her attention. There was a stone laying on the ground and Tin nudged her to pick it up. She did not see it fall, but Tin did. He knew it came from the man so while Rikyn continued to speak Raeden reached down and picked it up.

He acted like he was in a hurry to blow past her and her eyes narrowed tucking the stone into her glass leg band. "Well I wish I could believe that." Her tone wanted to lash at the man, but instead, a deviant smile fell to her face. She would dare him to do something. Maybe he would listen to her; he should be smart and ignore the request and walk back home. "I dare you to try and steal a cloak with a piece of gold jewelry. They have been tucked away in a hut somewhere around here. If you are successful, then I will never bother you again when you are in Edge. If you fail... well let us hope you don't do that. I want to see how sneaky you really think you are." Raeden narrowed her eyes at the man as she let a deviant smirk fall on her face. "Do it..." Tin looked to the mare knowing this was risky. What would the man do?

"Talk."

@Rikyn

I'm all you ever wanted

"What, you mad one of them isn’t you?" I laugh, "there’s plenty of me to go around. Just have to ask."

I had thought my joke was pretty funny, but then, she has to go and top it. On accident, even, it seems, because my verbal jab at her had been, at least on face value, a complement. Sure, I’d bulked her in with all the ladies in the Edge has a whole, but unless she was proclaiming herself ugly, or a transsexual – had I missed her seeing her wiener somehow?! – she had quite simply blown hot air out of her ass at me just now. Pausing to look back over my shoulder with a haplessly wide, endlessly amused smirk, too breathlessly enchanted with the opportunity to mock her I’ve been presented with to even laugh.

It’s just too good to be true!

"Right, I'm blind. So, you’re actually ugly, then?" I smirk as I roll my eyes, and chortle, "or is it the other way I can take that? Should I be addressing you as Mr. Raeden, sir?"

That amused expression falls away, however, when she lifts her head back up from something she’d been looking at, and the weird, familiar pull of the magic runs through me again. Shit, I think, hoping to scramble forward and plough into her before I can’t, unless she asks me to, that is.

I don’t have time. My hooves clamorously, impotently, come to a stop beneath me, and my misbehaved ears pull towards her words, as I watch her tuck the stone away. Duir! I call, through our bond, and the buck hones in on the mental image with a returned, mocking row of laughter, as he sets out to save me.

Who knows how long that will take. The bastard is probably clear across the country.

"Be right back," my body foolishly replies, because, of course, she’d choose to dare me seconds after picking up the stupid rock. Her desire to see me do it is strong enough to quickly send me out after it at an easy, light stepped walk, silent as I can be without magic, guided without knowing as if I was gleaning the information directly from the maps of her mind. Hating it, but forced by the pull of the stone’s power, I find the huts within a short while, and move into it as quietly as all my training allows.

Easily finding the cloak and pendant, I begin to make my way back out, urging my witless body to move more swiftly, and to end this endeavor as quickly as possible. I have a really bad feeling slowly building up in my belly the longer I spent here, under Raeden’s control.

Я
what the other boys all promised

Image by VeerDesigns@DA - Code by Me

@Raeden

Wishlist - Plots