the Rift

[PRIVATE] Righting wrongs.

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
LET THE SKY FALL. WHEN IT CRUMBLES, WE WILL STAND TALL 
FACE IT ALL TOGETHER

Iona didn’t linger long on the border, just long enough to ensure that Toulouse was truly leaving them.  This dreadful place, as he’d called it.  He’d only made it dreadful for himself, as far as she was concerned.  Still, the rage she’d expected did not come.  She simply watched as the man who’d burned too many bridges finally grew tired of having to slog through the mud.

Eventually, the relief did come sweeping in.  No longer would she have to look over her shoulder every moment of every day, worried that one that held equal rank to her was planning some sort of mutiny to pull down the very fabric of the place she’d come to love.  She didn’t have to worry for the lives of those that she considered trusted friends.  The dark pegasus let out a soft snort of distaste and shook her head.  It was long past time to right some wrongs, and it was that fact that lead her to turn from the shrinking form on the horizon and turn back towards the place that had done nothing but embrace her from the moment she had set foot here in Helovia. 

Her mind registered the presence of Tembovu before she faded into the shadows, but she couldn’t bring herself to stay and listen.  She was already moving forward, trying to move beyond this shadow that had plagued her.  Iona was ready to simply move beyond. She was brusque, and certainly not the best at political dealings - but she wasn’t one to hold a grudge that would prevent her from moving on with her life.  Iona was overprotective, but not vindictive. She found many of those she didn’t see eye to eye with ended up digging their own graves anyway. 

When she was a comfortable distance from the border, she called out to Raeden, hoping that the mare was within earshot.  Iona knew that if she wasn’t, her clever little companion likely was.  She assumed that her call was likely to draw the Elephant King as well, and shifted somewhat so that she could see the tree line separating herself from the gate.  

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden
@Tembovu (since he's nearby, but obvi only if you have time :D)

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

Cream hooves tracked through the lands of Edge. It was one of the many days that would be considered a lazy one. The bonded pair moved with grace, elegance, and divine beauty. Her pointed crown hung at chest level on this very warm day. Sweat started to accumulate on her chest and neck area making her golden pelt dark and dingy in color. A sigh came from her maw wishing that the heat and the humidity would dissipate from the Edge. Teal eyes looked to Tin as he happily trotted next to her side. His cloven hooves moved with quick snappy steps. When the deer walked, it was almost as if he was stepping on hot embers. Flashy red tones shimmered next to the pale golden woman. Finally, they came to a halt. A moment of silence was taken into silver flecked orbs. It had been weeks since Raeden has seen her son, months since she has seen Loth. Ron luckily was there to fill the empty void in her soul, but he was sparsely around. Her life seemed to be falling apart; she was slowly becoming alone once again. Hotaru was missing in action, and well her parents were dead. She had no one but Tin; he was the only one there for her no matter what. Lyanna and Iona have always been the two she could turn to no matter what. She wanted to smile and wipe the frown from her maw, but she could only smile deep within. It would not show on her flawless face.

Opening bright ocean eyes she heard a call faint in the distance. Looking over to Tin she questioned it for a moment. Green orbs glanced back at the bonded as a slight breeze floated from the cliff edge. Iona calling you Looking back out to the ocean she nodded her head Okay let's see what's going on She smiled softly before turning away from the cliff and cantering off into the woods. Their slim forms darted between the trees, and their body ignored the burning sun above. Lung expelled hot air to try and take in cooler oxygen to feed the starving airways. Sweat dripped from her defined muscles and hooves roared against the ground below. Then her body came to a halt. Her muscles did not dare to move any further. Raeden stood eye to eye with Iona with a soft smile across her features. "We heard your call. Do you need me to help you with something? " Her voice was kind and willing to help her superior with any task she needed. Tin trotted alongside the heavy breathing mare dipping his head in a greeting to the head Specter
"Talk."

@Iona

FACE IT ALL TOGETHER

Iona was pleased when she didn’t have to wait long.  It meant that it didn’t give her mind any time to twist itself into knots. Instead, she simply stood quietly and waited, trying to absorb any breeze she could through the trees as Tallsun made itself known.  Iona’s ears pricked as she heard the telltale crunching of hooves. A small smile flickered across her features as Raeden appeared from the trees, flanked by the ever-faithful Tin. The scout’s pleasant matter soothed her wary nerves like a balm.

“He’s gone,” the dark mare said, simply, assuming that Raeden would know who she spoke of.  If Toulouse had caused anyone in the herd more grief than herself, it was certainly Raeden.  Iona couldn’t imagine how the mare had been functioning living within the same borders as the man who’d nearly killed her in front of her son.  The dark mare admired the unicorn’s ability to put her herd over her personal grievances.  “Will you take your rank back? Would you be willing to be Specter again?”  Iona’s emerald gaze watched the cream colored mare carefully for a reaction, wondering if she would be excited or if she would recoil from such an offer.

Normally, Iona would leave the sentiment there, but she took an extra moment before adding, “I understand if you say no. The rank nearly cost you your life once. This is an offer, not an obligation.”  She understood there were delicate circumstances surrounding the rank challenge. Iona had no problem with those who challenged for ranks based on merits, but there had been so many issues with not only how the challenge itself had unfolded - but the aftermath had not been kind to Raeden especially. Though she knew the mare to be nothing but pleasant, she hoped that she hadn’t been jaded by the experience. 

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

image credit 

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

The paint was quick and to the point. Pale golden ears perked forward as she spoke the words " He's gone". Raeden let her teal eyes brighten as she heard this news. Tin shuffled happily in place showing the joy and relief fade across his face. His great skull dipped to the painted woman with a thankful nod. The news made her heart race and pound deep within her chest. Twisting her head slightly cream strands floated in the air. "So he comes here, tries to kill me, assumes all this stuff about you and me, then gets the rank and leaves. I guess he was not made to live here. I am glad he is gone. Ron was not very thrilled to hear about the challenge. I do not think anyone was. It honestly was not the point of the challenge it was the point that he tried to take my life over it. That is done with and in the past." Her honey-sweet voice paused and looked to Iona with a small smile. Then Iona asked her to be a specter once again.

Tin looked to the woman with green eyes filled with joy and life. This is what she needed to get her back on track. Bright orbs looked into the green eyes of the specter in front of her. She was quiet and thinking about this moment. Raeden never thought that she would get this chance or offer again. A sigh left her maw as she nodded her skull. Iona said she understood if she did not want the position back. "That man might have given me a scare that day, but I will not let it affect me for my entire life. Iona, I gladly accept your offer to be specter once again. I would be honored to work along side of you." Her smile softened once again as she reached her muzzle out to touch the paints shoulder if she would let her. "Thank you for giving me this chance again. I will not let Edge down." Tin happily moved back towards Raeden nudging her leg with sheer mirth.

"Talk."

@Iona

FACE IT ALL TOGETHER

“I can’t pretend to understand his motivations. I think I had one incomplete conversation with him prior to the challenge. Aside from that he’d introduced himself at the previous rank meeting. That’s it. I can’t profess to know how his mind works. But I can’t say I’m particularly sad to see him go either,” She didn’t elaborate, but she had always had her suspicions that the Edge wasn’t his primary concern, and the statements that she’d heard him make upon departure all but confirmed those suspicions in her own mind.  She certainly felt the herd was more secure with another set of eyes that she could trust watching the border.  

“However my thoughts on the challenge were similar. It was not the challenge itself, but how it was handled. Rank challenges should never come close to costing someone their life,” she said, simply.  She had other thoughts on this matter, of course, most of them concerning how it was handled afterwards. She didn’t understand how one could win a rank and treat the others in the rank with such disdain and expect to be welcomed with open arms. It didn’t make logical sense in her mind.  However she knew there was no reason to dwell on it now.  As long as it was of no threat to the Edge, she didn’t care. Iona wasn’t one for bullshit, she never had, and she wasn’t going to carry this particular brand of BS around with her the rest of her life. 

“I’m glad we can move forward now. Certainly not something worth dwelling on now,” she said, with a reassuring smile to the golden woman. She couldn’t imagine what Raeden has been through, but she was glad that she had Tin and this Ron she mentioned to help her cope with whatever demons lingered. The name piqued her interest, but she prefered not to pry into Raeden’s private life. 

Iona was, however, immensely pleased when the woman accepted her position back. She’s only ever known Raeden to be confident and capable and she has proven so time and time again since coming to the Edge years ago. “Raeden. You’ve never let the Edge down. Not once.” Iona offered, with a genuine smile for the younger mare. She not only considered Raeden to be a capable Specter, but also a friend.  And she certainly could not claim to have many of those here in Helovia. “I’ll make sure that the rest of the herd knows at our next meeting that your rank has been restored.” She wanted to make sure that the rest of the herd knew that they had capable and competent eyes looking out for their safety and well being. 

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

image credit