the Rift

[PRIVATE] if you do good work, it will be shared

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

" they say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language… "

With the disturbing, insulting departure of the Edge’s Specter, Toulouse, the King felt unsettled. Never, before, had such disloyalty been shown the the Edge by its own member. Highly ranked member, at that. Dark blue eyes were lined and clouded, black skin creased with disappointed thoughts. Thick, dark lips were set in a line—before he realized that his disgruntled and unseeing gaze was staring directly (and unseeingly) at Yael, the gilded mare whom had sought the ranks of both healing and wisdom, only to recently choose to follow the path of the Moon, as Alysanne had revealed to him.

He sighed, a breath clouding around his nostrils in the misted air, “Hello, Yael,” was his deep rumble, the warmth that usually colored his voice stolen away by his unease and a slight tinge of apology for his distracted ignorance of her. “How do you find life in the Edge?” Was his question, dark eyes studying the bright gold of her face and the dark skin that showed where the gold hairs thinned around her amber eyes. There was something deeper beneath his question, perhaps seeking affirmation in the face of Toulouse’s denouncement. Or, perhaps it was that he held more stock in someone who remained in the Edge, loyal and calm and kind—and so the great Elephant King awaited her answer.

" what else can make one feel so much without a word? "
image | table by cai

For @Yael ! Anyone who she'd like to join may :)
Following/referencing this.

Please tag Tembovu.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Honestly, the last thing the little golden mare expects is to hear her name rumbling from the King’s lips; he has never shown an interest in her before – why should he now, even as she passes right by him? Nevertheless, she pauses mid-step, her ears swiveling back towards the horned stallion, before her head, and then whole body follows suit. Lightly adorned, she isn’t much to look at aside from the golden sheen of her skin and the silver-white of her mane. The misty night mutes her, gives her mane and tail a ghostly quality (and oh, what a fine night it would be to turn into a dragon, she thinks – the silent, ghostly guardian of the pine forest). Finely tuned senses detect an other in his voice, but that could be due to any number of reasons, and knowing the multitude of thoughts that often hang heavy on a monarch’s shoulders, Yael does not assume anything.

“Xello Tembovu,” she replies pleasantly, quickly followed by, “xow ees Reksana? You xaf a new child, yes?” It’s been too long since she’d seen the friendly mother-to-be, and so she makes (another) mental note to check in on the sweet, gold-dipped unicorn. But of course, he is not here to talk about his mate – not in light of recent events, and not with a relative stranger. He might be surprised, however, to find out Yael knows more than she lets on. Part of the art of ruling is listening and watching more than speaking. She imagines that’s what Aly is for, to balance the Elephant King out in a way that usually only females can. Ah, but there she goes, making assumptions about him again. She really shouldn’t, and so she pushes the thoughts from her mind.

How does she find life in the Edge? Her immediate response is a defensive quip, not quite ready to give the King an honest answer. “A leettle too cold for my liking, but I’ve spent most of my life een ze Desert, so… I don’t suppose you know vhere I could geet a xeavy blankeet, do you?” A tinkling chuckle follows her mostly serious reply (winter fucking sucks, and she’s a thin-skinned lady, and she has often thought about asking permission to take some glass items somewhere else, to trade for items from the Basin), drifting away as her warm, cinnamon colored gaze finds something far more serious in his gaze. She stills then, studying his own age lines and going back to the scathing criticism Toulouse had offered of the herd.

“May I speak ‘onestly, Tembovu?” Her question comes low and serious, earnestly asking permission to speak her mind without fear of repercussion for an opinion.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Tembovu

Just Yael :)

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please