the Rift

[PRIVATE] latchkey kids

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
So many things had happened since the harpy had seen her brother. At first, it bothered her to not see his face, despite the fact she had almost became accustomed to it with his kidnapping. But then, it grew into indifference. She remembered their last encounter, and simply didn’t care if she saw him. Her words had been the truth in her eyes, and if he didn’t want to accept them, then she didn’t need to be around him. Though, he was still her other half; the moon to her sun. And you could only linger in the light for so long before you craved the dark. She was a stubborn girl, though, and despite the pain she felt in her chest from not having someone to talk to, she did her best to ignore it.

But then it became too much.

The sun filtered down through the lush leaves of the Edge, spotting her already dotted hide as she made her way back to their home to see if the dark prince was there. She hoped their parents weren’t there, this needed to simply be a conversation between the two of them. With no other sources around to distract them. Khairi was a great scout at this, flying above the trees along the cliffs to seek out anyone the girl didn’t want around. With some success, she made her way to the little caves alongside their parent’s main room, lowering her inky head to peek into the shadows. “Kianzo?” She whispered quietly into the darkness. “Jivu?” The filly croaked aloud, hoping for a response.

"Talk."
Kiada
I don’t chase.
I conquer.
You will crumble like Rome for me.

image | coding

@Kianzo <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty

Though the last…interaction with his other half was not recent, it still felt fresh. The words, the hurt, the threats, the betrayal… they all tore through his chest with far too much ease. Perhaps Kiada could build walls against him—anything for her rise to power. But Kianzo…Kianzo was far too tethered to his other half to so easily discard her and her malicious words. Perhaps it was because he had forced her to be like this, by his kidnapping and subsequent absence…

Regardless, the moment that word—her name for him—sliced through the murky and humid Orangemoon air (“Jivu?”), his heart pounded and his golden hide clenched taunt over newly-developed muscle. And, without any will of his own, black-dipped, long limbs carried him with newfound masculine grace to the source of the call.

And then, when he saw her beneath the dying, falling foliage, he halted. His tall, atheltic body was taunt, tense as he kept his distance. His intensely blue gaze was hot, but gaurded. Miali. The deep, low word was flat. Said without question, without pretense—and, he hoped, without care. But that was a lie; the fact that he even used that word instead of her name showed he cared. Too deeply.

Keusi repeatedly licked her nose, the repeated movements of soft flesh of her tongue revealing her anxiety.
Kiada&Kianzo
Death sits in the seat next to me.
We make a lovely couple.

image | coding

@Kiada

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

World's Edge Nurse
Relief swelled through her at first when she saw him. The boy man now, kept his distance, with bright hot eyes watching her. A small sigh escaped through her nostrils as she took him in, meeting his gaze with sapphire pools of sorrow and sadness, as if her look could say that she wanted everything to go back to normal. But, his voice reached her ears, deeper and smoother than she remembered, with her own little pet name. She paused for a moment, before lifting her dark ink dipped legs to carry her closer. “Jivu… I’m sorry for what I said so long ago.” Her soft silky voice began as she turned her head away from him, her body tall and filled out in a way that made her look both graceful but with power laced in her bones.

I miss you.” It came out breathless as her eyes darted to the mirrored face of her brother, eyes swelling with the faintest hint of tears as her words left her lips. “And I wish we could return to spending time with one another… If you would like that, of course.” While sadness swam in her eyes, there was the faintest glint of hope – hopeful that her partner in crime, the one that had nearly been there for it all in one way or another, would return to her so more memories wouldn’t be lost. They had already missed out on each other’s childhood. What else would they lose if it didn’t work?

"Talk."
Kiada
I don’t chase.
I conquer.

image | coding

@Kianzo <3

World's Edge Sleuth
His heart thundered a fast, painful staccato against his ribs; but he kept it locked and silent beneath taunt skin and a flat (but hot) stare. Only Keusi’s anxious whine from behind him gave away the turmoil the boiled beneath the gilded statue he’d become in the face of Kiada.

Eyes darken, though their heat does not lessen, as they flicker away from her face and towards the limbs and (now voluptuous) sinew that carried her closer to him. She closed the distance. As if he truly meant something to him, rather than him being some stepping stone in her power-hungry crawl to the top.

Jaw muscles stand out as his teeth clench in response to her words. Her voice—it was ebony silk floating and falling over a stiff golden statue. He blinked at her a few times, willing himself to remain unflinching and firm…but it was no use. With each step closer, each inch of distance erased, each syllable of her voice, his body softened. His jaw relaxed. His head lowered from its towering, angry height.

“I miss you.”

He did flinch, then, at the words. Words she had said too many times to him. “I miss us, mlongo.” Was his first, solitary reply. His voice was deep, and in contrast to the flatness he had used before, a new poignant pain sliced through it.

A long, heavy pause followed her aloud wish. His dark blue eyes studied her equally blue, tear-filled gaze that stared out from a face that mirrored his own. “How did we let anything come between us?” He blinked then, looking away as he could no longer stand the sight of her tearful eyes.

His lips pressed together tightly, a long breath pushing out of his nostrils as he warred internally. His heart and mind begged to return to his other half; to hold her and hug her and run his muzzle along her ivory spots. But the pain from the wounds cut by her words held him back.

Mlongo - sister
Kiada&Kianzo
We make a lovely couple.

image | coding

@Kiada

World's Edge Nurse
She watched as he seemed to deflate, sorrow leaking through his façade much as it did her own. It twisted her heart, wrenched her gut, and caused a great sadness to sit heavily on her shoulders. “I miss us, mlongo.” Was his reply, and she nodded in agreement. She, too, missed the way they said they would be. When she would mention that she wanted power, with Kianzo by her side. How did she ever forget that?

As Kianzo asked the question they both were thinking, she looked away to her feet. Her dark head lowered to view the ground as her inky legs pawed at the earth in a means of fidgeting to try and keep her feelings in check. “It never should have happened.” She began, eyes remaining on the dying grasses as she pawed continually at their yellow-green blades. “We were young. And I was foolish.” She admitted, lifting her head to look upon him as she tried to blink away her tears.

Power means nothing to me if it means you aren’t there.” Honesty laced through her voice as she surveyed him, watching for any sort of reaction. Meanwhile, Khairi remained high up in the trees, his scarlet gaze watching Keusi consistently as he crowed to her a mournful song. “We either both rule and seek for power, or none of us at all.” She finally added in, tilting her head slightly as she watched him. “Nakuahidi.

"Talk."

Nakuahidi - I promise you.
Kiada
I don’t chase.
I conquer.

image | coding

@Kianzo

World's Edge Sleuth
His downcast gaze was drawn to the pawing movement of her ebony hoof through the yellowed, dried grasses. His dark blue eyes followed each movement closely, though his black-rimmed ears remained straining forward to hear every whispered syllable Kiada spoke.

Were it anyone else, anyone who had spoken to him the way Kiada had, the dark prince would have disregarded any apologies or repents. He would have filed away the name and face for another day, another revenge or hunt. But Kiada—she was his other half. Thus, the words she spoke cut straight through any walls he attempted to have up between them.

His dark muzzle reached out for her low-hanging head, his eyes no longer wavering from her gaze. Gently, he aimed to hook his maw below her chin, softly bringing up her head with his own. “There is my Miala,” his deep voice rumbled quietly, “This is what I’ve missed.” And, then, with quick (but tender) he wiped away any of the offensive tears that had the audacity to spill over onto his sister's cheeks. He knew she would hate their show of weakness—and he hated that he had been the cause of them at all.

“I, too, am sorry,” he finally said, “I love you, too deeply at times,” he paused, sliding his cheek along her neck and resting his muzzle at her withers to gently lip and groom there, “I need to know that, no matter who else is there, that you are still apart of me.” And there, that was the crux of their rift: they had spent so much time apart that the young man no longer felt secure in his place in Kiada’s life—nor hers in his.

A deep breath inhaled her sweet, dark scent, “I would do anything for you. For us. For our power.” And there was nothing but honest truth in that statement—as long as they were together. Never one without the other.
Kiada&Kianzo
We make a lovely couple.

image | coding

@Kiada

World's Edge Nurse
It wasn’t until she felt his soft velveteen muzzle catch her chin, lifting her head up an in turn stopping her insisting pawing at the dying earth. Her head lifted slowly, her eyes looking into his beautiful face. “There is my Miala.” His words caused a small smile to form on the corners of her lips, and as he continued he reached up and brushed away the salty tears that had gone rogue. Quietly, she pressed her head forward to where the side of her face brushed up gently and comfortingly against his own as her lids closed for a few moments before he was speaking once more.

She pulled back, then, looking into his face finally, perhaps sniffling a small amount, as he apologized and told her he loved her. “I love you too, Jivu, more than you could know.” She admitted softly, his cheek then ran against her gilded neck, stopping and resting at her withers. They were scarred from Khairi’s talons, the place being the perfect perch for the vulture, as elephants in her flames shifted to butterflies, with foxes intertwined as his lips graced her skin.

The Harpy hadn’t been this close to another in so long, and as his lips grazed her skin, her hide twitched pleasantly with the feeling as he continued talking. She leaned into him gently, ears flicking back to hear him easier as she shifted her weight ever so slightly to lean into him more. “Of course, Jivu. You are just a part of me as I am of you. That won’t change.” She murmured, turning her head slightly back to look at him. “Others come and go, we were there from the beginning. We will be together until the end.” She added in, flicking her tail contently, and finally, as she turned to press her head into his own body as well. “We will rule the world.” She hummed into his skin, lipping at his flank as a smile grew on her lips.

"Talk."

Nakuahidi - I promise you.
Kiada
I don’t chase.
I conquer.

image | coding

@Kianzo

World's Edge Sleuth
The small smile at the corners of her pink-splashed lips cause his to upturn, a perfect masculine mirror. His own lips continued to lip, massage, and groom along the delicate scars of her withers. Though he didn’t like that his sister’s perfectly golden skin was scarred, he knew the bond with a companion was well worth the few white hairs. So his lips work along each one, as if he could erase them.

He accepted her weight easily, happily supporting her. His skin silently relished every inch of heat where the twins’ skin touched. Black-rimmed ears tilted back, to better hear her assurances that they were one and the same—the reaffirm his place in her life, and hers in his. His eyes aimlessly watched the elephants morph to butterflies, watching their fiery wings—and then foxes once again.

Foxes? “What are your foxes for, Kia?” His gold, black-lined face tilted slightly—though his lips did not stop their gentle motions at his withers and shoulders. When had he seen foxes? With that beast of a creature, Ru’in—but any further thoughts were stopped as his lips suddenly stilled when Kiada’s lips met his own flank.

A heat surged through him, roaring in his veins and pooling beneath his barrel, between his thighs. He had felt whispers of this warmth for months now—with Maude, with Oizys, when he thought of Bellisma—but none of it held a candle to this inferno.

And it took him by surprise—a gasped breath and stilling of his once relaxed body. The young stallion was unused to not being in control of his own mind and body. Thanks to Thranduil’s early teachings and his own iron will, he had earned a relatively strong command over his physique.

But this was beyond control. Unknowingly, his lips and teeth had gently pressed and stilled into Kiada’s withers—as if she was anchoring him in this unruly sea of heat (the young stallion did not yet know lust). The vibrations from her humming lips were sweetly sinful, and slowly his teeth released as his neck slid over her withers and simply held her tightly.

He wasn't sure what this was—just as he wasn’t sure what her foxes were. But he did know that it felt right to have Kiada with him once more.
Kiada&Kianzo
We make a lovely couple.

image | coding

@Kiada

World's Edge Nurse
Warmth spread like a fire between Kiada and Kianzo for every inch their skin touched. And the girl relished in it. Her ears flicked backward as her twin asked what the foxes on her spine were for, and she paused for a few moments contemplating what exactly it did mean. There was no real word for it, that she knew anyway. And she fumbled over the thoughts on the tip of her tongue trying to figure out just what to say.

They show up when I’m happy and feeling good.” She finally decided, though it was more complicated than that. She felt happy and good a lot but the foxes only ever showed around Kianzo, Ru’in, and Arakh. All creatures of which that had given her attention in one way or another – touched her flesh and in turn touched her soul, lighting a fire within her chest and body that she couldn’t put a word on. But every time they showed, it always felt wrong and right, and she was never sure which side to act on. So she leaned into him and lipped at his flank a few moments more, relishing in the heat and tense feelings as he pulled her close to him, her tail flicking against her round hips as he did so and she pressed her face into his body.

I have information for you, Jivu.” She hummed into his skin, her lips vibrating slightly against the soft skin of his side. “I have become one of Kaos’ chosen… He gave me a gift.” She admitted, lowering her head to the ground so the necklace shrugged off of her chest, before she picked it up between her pink lips and turned her head to face him. The trinket glowed subtly, but was beautiful in an almost menacing way. “You must meet him. He’d like you very much, mpenzi wangu.” She hummed with a smile on the corners of her lips.

"Talk."

mpenzi wangu - my love
Kiada
I don’t chase.
I conquer.

image | coding

@Kianzo

World's Edge Sleuth
“They show up when I’m happy and feeling good.”

Darkened eyes closed as he listened to her response—and, despite the simple nature of her words that did not convey a true emotion they perfectly encompassed how Kianzo currently felt. A slight grin crossed his muzzle, thick black lips curving against Kiada’s gold satin skin, “Then I, too, have mbweha in my chest.”

Again, his teeth unsheathed from his curved lips in an attempt to press firmly into her withers as Kia continued to lip his flank and send vibrations through his skin with her humming lips there. Sinfully sweet, a black rose swamped his nostrils with her scent. More heat burned in his veins, roared in his loins, instinct began to push him to move towards her—

But then, her heat was pulling away, her head dropping to the earth as a something fell from around her neck. A necklace? Ears that had been pushed sideways by the heavy heat in his body perked forward; eyes made glassy by lust sharpened as he tried to refocus his mind and bring it to heel.

‘He gave me a gift.’ She was one of his chosen—he studied the glowing black trinket closely, then, before grinning lopsidedly, “He is a wise god then, to have chosen you.” Where, with someone else, there would have been some nefarious tendrils of jealousy or doubt, with his reunited other half there was only glowing approval.

His bright blue gaze (no longer darkened with lust as the twins’ attention shifted from their own bodies to the gods) lifted to her mirrored face, “I’d like to meet him.” How much more at ease his face and body were! Even his voice, usually so demanding and deep and cold grew warmer now that he no longer was at odds with his sister. His lopsided grin grew, spreading across his strongly featured face as she called him a pet name in their father’s language.

Gently his muzzle stretch out to press against the corner of her delicately pink-splashed muzzle, “Lead the way, miali. But there was so much more in those words—he’d follow her to the ends of the earth, now that he knew she was still his.

mbweha = foxes
Kiada&Kianzo
We make a lovely couple.

image | coding

@Kiada we can end this here and pick it up in the Marsh?

World's Edge Nurse
Then I, too, have mbweha in my chest.” Her grin grew as she leaned into her brother slightly, smiling against his soft, velvety skin. Her foxes lingered, strong and playful as they moved across her spine, however luckily for the girl, she had control. She pulled away from her brother, smiling softly as she informed him of Kaos, tossing her necklace toward him. He studied the trinket, a lopsided smile growing on his lips that resembled much of their father (though she wouldn’t dare mention such things at this point) and found a grin growing on her own.

She nodded at his proclamation, agreeing that he was wise. Kianzo and Kaos would get along, she figured, both seeking power and strength, and not taking the world at face value. He answered that he wanted to meet him, and Kiada’s tail swished with delight, flicking against her hips for a moment before she pulled the necklace back on. She nodded to him gently after, reaching out to brush by his hip once more. “Lead the way, miali.” She nodded lightly, glancing up at the sky as Khairi watched from a tree above.

Follow me, Jivu.” She grinned before beginning to walk in the direction of the Edge’s gates to mark their first adventure together as adults. It felt right, like how things used to be without the stress of their parents getting upset. They were old enough now to be able to leave without being questioned. It was part of the reason the girl felt so relaxed now. The main part of the feeling was easily Kianzo’s perfect fit back into her heart and beside her. The rift, fixed, and she felt as though she could breathe easier.

"Talk."

mpenzi wangu - my love
Kiada
I don’t chase.
I conquer.

image | coding

@Kianzo I'll make the post :D <3