the Rift

[OPEN] Beyond The Edge [Exploring Helovia]

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
[Image: 58b307e9466e9]

Akumi
   It hadn’t been long since Sacre introduced Akumi to the Worlds Edge. After learning of her new surroundings, she wanted to know more. She hadn’t met many herd members yet but had frequently seen a painted mare looking around aimlessly lost. ‘She must have been new here too’ Akumi thought. Wanting to approach her but not to invade her privacy, she let out a friendly quiet whinny in her direction.

Waiting to see if the mare would notice her call, she decided to look up to the blue sky and take in the cool breeze that blew over her face and between her feet. The grass felt cool but the Earth beneath her was warm. The World’s Edge seemed like a rather inviting place. Really a place she could call home. Akumi still hadn’t decided her rank in the herd because she was new. She wanted to take her time in deciding so that she wouldn’t make a decision she would regret later. Looking around at everyone chatting and having a good time, she realized that she was in a happy place, and she was very happy to be here.

Beyond The Edge
Image Credit

@Ingrid
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid was grazing by herself, she didn't feel particularly inclined to stand near any of the other groups around. The members of her herd were intimidating, most were larger than her, and some had shiny armor and glowed and were adorned with weird things. What if one didn't feel like talking and decided to blast her with fire?
The thought sent a shudder down her spine. She had no interest in becoming barbecue, she was far too young to be turning into her mother. That wasn't supposed to happen until she was mature, and a little more okay with being cooked for dragon dinner.

Then she heard something. Ingrid's head snapped around. There was a black unicorn mare calling for somebody. Me? She looked over her shoulder. Nope, nobody behind her. It meant the mare must be talking to her. Ingrid headed over, picking up a bouncy trot. "Hi there, did you say something to me?" she asked, pricking her ears forward.

@Akumi

Rose
[Image: 58b307e9466e9]

Akumi
     Akumi’s curved ears perked up when she had gotten the mare’s attention. “Hello!” she said rather shy. “I didn’t mean to bother you.” Akumi tipped her head as a sign of respect stopping just before the black edge of her horn would’ve touched the painted mares soft white nose. “You seemed like you were a little new here too. Am I wrong?” She said, hopeful that she didn’t just insult a mare of The Edge thats been here for years and make a fool of herself.

Akumi’s red mane and tail began to flow in the breeze that had swept through for only a moment on this hot day in Tallsun. She took notice of how the painted mare’s mane and tail were two-toned and seemed to flow right into each other perfectly. She watched as occasional stray pieces of black hair would fall in front of her pure white face. Looking at her closer now she noticed her red eyes. Deep like blood, Akumi liked them and found it hard for her not to stare.
Beyond The Edge
Image Credit

@Ingrid

Sky

Reference Credit

She got asked if she was new here. Damn, is it that obvious? she wondered. Now that she thought about it, it probably was. Horses didn’t join herds because they wanted to eat by themselves. "Spot on. You must be a psychic. Hey, could you consult the stars for me and see if it's gonna cool down tomorrow, or you know, any time in the next couple hundred years," Ingrid kidded, her eyes flicking towards the sky. "Honestly, I'm tired of this sweat weather. I'm Ingrid, by the way."

Now that she was close enough, she took a good look at this horse, who was a mare, and around her height too. She had a dainty head, but the rest of her looked pretty average. She watched Akumi's long mane flow in the wind, bur her eyes quickly returned to the mare's face, well, her ears really. They were curved at the top, nearly touching. It was weird, but kinda cool. "So what 'cha wanna talk to me about? I sure hope you're not selling something," she paused, then added, "unless it's beer."
@Akumi

Rose
Akumi shook her withers violently in response to the bite of a fly. Irritating aren’t they. You’d think such brilliant beasts wouldn’t be subject to such small annoyances such as this or like the thorn that was caught in her fur on the way to Helovia.

The painted mare replied back in greeting but also with disapproval if Akumi were to be ‘selling something’. She didn’t want to sell anything but found it amusing the mare’s tongue liked the taste of beer. Akumi had never tried such a thing but heard it had a bitter taste.

“I’m not selling anything. I was just thinking about making friends. I’d also wondered if you’d been around here much? I was thinking about taking a travel around the lands to get a feel for where I live now. Err rather, where we live now.” Akumi said, unsure if the mare even wanted to be friends with her, let alone travel somewhere with her. In hopes of a positive reply, she shifted her weight to make her body language seem more friendly. After all, it wasn’t  really a normal thing to decide to ask a random mare if she wanted to go on a travel with her alone. But at the same time who knows right? She thought about her situation just how her mother had thought about hers those few years ago…

Take chances.

Akumi

image credit

@ingrid

Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid tossed her head in a horsey-shrug. "Sure thing," she said, trying hard to remain aloof. There was definitely a little part of her that was squealing with excitement at the idea of having a travelling buddy. "I should warn you though," she added, examining the other's Arabian-like conformation, "you're probably gonna have to let me stop and catch my breath pretty often." Ingrid wasn't exactly great for endurance, or running for that matter. She was long-legged, sure, but she ran more up than forward. "If you'll still have me though, I'd love to go. How long do you think it'll take?" she asked, pitching her ears forward to mirror Akumi's friendly stance.

She doubted they'd be gone more than a day or two, but if Akumi had something longer planned, Ingrid figured she might want to alert the heads of her rank. It probably wasn’t considered good conduct to disappear without a trace. Then again, when had she ever given a crap about good conduct? If she’d cared about that in New Rheven, well she never would have been banished.

@Akumi