the Rift

[OPEN] tigers on a gold leash

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

Over the last few days she’s covered a hundred or so miles in the westward direction, leaving the Falls for the first time in many months – the first time since everyone left, since the Earth God left them. Macaria has been hopeless since that day, the memories still haunt her and her mother’s hollow voice soothes her time and time again.

All things crumble and get swallowed up eventually – it is part of time, it is part of life. The voice will breathe gently into her mind, Be strong, my sweet, things will not stay dark for long… A pause, always a thoughtful pause, The light is coming. This message is always the end, a hopeful message from beyond graves; from the underworld.

She sips the meadow’s clear waters in the moonlight and munches the rich grasses covered in due by soft dawnlight. The bugs have yet to descend and the temperatures are on the rise already. For a while she grazes quietly, thoughtfully, she dreams and eats meditatively, stepping one hoof at a time westward still. Something salty in the air draws her in this direction. Her golden eyes exploring each corner of her vision as she walks along for more long hours until she reaches the edge of a dense, ancient forest. Oak trees reaching for the clouds stand at her back, but before her lays a different terrain. Evening light and shadow dances joyously through and across the woodland ahead, she watches it, falling into a trance for a moment before stepping forward and onto the path that winds through this deep green corridor.

When she stops to look around she can hear the very distant crash of waves – it is different than that of Endless Blue where the waves wrack against cove or sand. This sound different, she observes. She sucks in a deep breath, her pink nose held up, her saucer eyes closing. Mmm. She lolls the taste of sea-salt across her wet tongue, her tail flicking with the thoughts of love and remembrance of the ocean. She’s never seen the coast ahead but her time on this planet, in this place, has taught her what lies ahead – it is the Edge, World’s Edge. It is a different Kingdom, one she’s never visited before. Come to think of it, she’s never visited any of them. She doesn’t go further but instead inspects the old trunks just around her. She sniffs at the moss cloaked stones, the moist earth, the mushrooms, the ferns, anything her nose could safely touch.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

Macaria has wandered next to the forested borders of the World's Edge,
where it meets the (north)western piece of Thistle Meadow.
She's very close to crossing over into the Edge,
but doesn't, lingering beside it instead.

for @Darwin & @Sacre and anyone else who would like to say hello (:

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
It's early morning as the man stirs awake. He tossed and turned and tried to go back to sleep, but nothing worked. Grumbling quietly to himself, he scanned his surroundings for Elsa, knowing that Antaa and Edgar would be contently cuddled within a hole in a nearby tree. Once he spotted the pale mare, he began to relax, stretching his legs quietly as to not wake her as the sun began to filter through the fog of the Edge. Placing his wings comfortably along his back, he made his way to the border in the attempts to be at least somewhat useful as a warrior.

It didn’t take long of quiet wandering until he decided he’d rather patrol the outside of the glass spikes. As he made his way around the perimeter, extending his tracks a bit further out than his previous rounds, he noticed a figure inspecting what appeared to be a mossy covered rock. Instantly, he wondered if it was another member of the Edge. Though the man decided to err on the edge of caution, approaching with a gentle dip of his head to the woman.

Hello. Is there anything I can help you with?” His rough voice called out to her, offering a gentle smile in turn. However, as he looked at her more, his smile began to fade. Something seemed so similar about her, and it began to ache deep within his mind, trying to pull up memories he’d rather choose to forget entirely.

"Talk."
It’s like marrow without bone,
to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

@Macaria <3 sorry it's short!

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

With the crest of morning comes the glittering dew of settled fog, the chirps of waking birds and the rustle of forest travelers. She’s unaware of the glass spikes, of how far or close she is to civilization of sorts – also unaware of the approaching stranger. He gets pretty close before a small twig gives under his step, but Macaria does not startle; turning calmly to set a sunlit smile upon him. Her eyes find him to be familiar but she cannot quite remember from where.

“Hello. Is there anything I can help you with?”

She smiles wider and turns away from where she was craned over a mossy stone, facing him with bright golden eyes and a pink smile. Her feline tail flicks just above the wet soil, letting her pearly plume sweep the ground. She can smell sea salt and wind-whispers (the smell a horse’s coat collects from certain types of wind), gentle winds for the most part but also some stormy gusts. She likes the aromas of winds, their strengths, their origins, and she holds equal love for the smell of certain waters and their origins. He smells of both things. Of wind and water, coastal and boreal both.

Her memory strikes like a hammer to anvil. Tink. Years ago an antlered stallion got himself stuck in a hole in the Threshold. There were several of them there, but this stallion was one of them. She fails to recall a name if he ever gave one. “Well, no.” Her smile wavers a little, giving over to a bit of nervousness, “Am I trespassing?” She fidgets, her tail swaying and curling. “My name is Macaria.” She offers a smile once again, not too wide but enough to hide her streak of insecurity.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

they rescued tilney together..sorta XDD ---
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=21932

Uncle @Darwin

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Perhaps it was a bit daunting for the man when the girl whips around and sports those golden eyes. Something about them chills him deep in the bone, but Darwin wore his mask well. It didn’t affect him outwardly, but it seemed so strangely familiar to him he couldn’t help but wonder. The difference is, the horn sported between her eyes and that leonine tail. The rest seemed to fit the idea that perhaps, maybe, she might be a relative. Though he let the thought simmer, for uncertainty was born within his bones, and he’d rather not bring up false ideas.

When she speaks, his ears perk to listen, just as he began to remember her from the time they saved an antlered man in the Threshold, when he found his brother Evers and what a day that was. He reminisced quietly while she spoke, asking if she was trespassing then offering her name. A small chuckle escapes the mans lips as she shakes his head, his beard swinging with such a movement.

No, not trespassing. Just a curious citizen of the Edge is all.” He begins, offering her a brilliant smile of his own. “I’m Darwin. It’s a pleasure to meet you Macaria.” After a small reassuring smile, another chuckle escaped his lips. “Let’s hope we don’t have to go on another rescue mission, huh?” He questioned, a wink escaping his river stone gaze, hoping she might remember.

"Talk."
It’s like marrow without bone,
to live in a house
with no home.
image credits

@Macaria YES OMG I REMEMBER HAHA

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!