the Rift

[OPEN] lostmyhead

Skeyti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The first of everything is this: no birds chirping to take the vacancy left so long in her ears, barely having enough energy left over from some other time to turn them on their posts, head pounding as the screaming of reality grows ever closer. The air touching her skin with hands free to roam as they please is cool. If she would hurry up and open her eyes instead of feeling out the world with every other sense she has, stretching aching wings out to their small limits so that the coarseness of feather grass runs across their underbellies, she would see the steam rise from her nostrils and coil, the darkness of the landscape only just barely scared off by the lights streaming above her head.
Everything feels like rebirth, shivering though there is no physical purpose for it, driven on by the mental trauma of whatever happened. And now that she takes the time to think, cringes ridiculing her facial structure as they tighten till she sheds a few tears in their wake, the world feels awfully cold, and some part of her, deep down in the depths so deep that no one begins to fathom them, something aches with an unholiness.
All she can think of is that Vauphine has left her, not that she was reckless with youth and curiosity, something that any can easily do when they don’t have their bearings correctly and let fear fuel them more than nutrition.
The false night that she has created beneath her wings is given up to the lights overhead as their masses return to swaddle her. Tears stream down her in face in the light. Green shimmers slither over her black body as the sky above watches idly.
She had only wanted to know what they were, having never seen them before in her travels. The process of escaping this place was still on then, and in the process of trying to get rid of it, had neglected herself. Now, she carries on as barely anything, hunger gradually gathering the strength to tell her that she needs to eat and do it fast before the worst really does set in. Dehydration leaves her mouth dry, tongue idly rolling in her mouth as her body musters up some saliva to dampen it.
Her little wings had carried her to the sky, weak and worn, letting her see them up close when the height hit her state of being too hard, and pushed her from the sky. It would have been a glorious way to die, but no, things went differently. It was a sharp, ninety degree right turn on her straight path, knocking everything out of her till she has nothing left but herself.
The silence in this place is staring to become daunting. Loneliness has never bothered her in the past, but now faced with such a wide expanse of it in the middle of nowhere, with no way to figure out how long she’s been here and what will come of her if she stays here even a few minutes longer, it wears a new mask.
One long breath of air and the world comes to her in a blur. What few colours there are in the night are made into fuzzy shapes that mix into one another, eyes batting rapidly as her vision steadily increases. The crumpled mess that she has become in the grass is barely obstructed from sight by the grass, enough that if she really tried by ducking down and gathering herself up beneath her frail wings, then she could be hidden.
But that’s not what is on her mind tonight.
The legs connected to her body don’t feel as if they are her’s when she attempts to use them, struggling for a while as her stumbles become less and the ground below her more sure.
Once on her feet, the world feels as if it is her’s again, wings still remaining tucked tightly to her body, held so close that their feathers ruffle themselves against her as her steps finally make the plunge back into living, searching for Gods’ know what, but mostly anything that will pull her out of this.

OOC: mostly something to bring her back unofficially since i missed her so much and have been having a shit ton of muse for her.

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix

Rhodoc

There's really nothing too fun about being in the cold, but by now I'm used to it. Being a northerner myself, I've seen my fair share of snow and ice. But it's not the cold that bothers me - it's the quiet. I hate the quiet, and this place is full of it.

It's also the boredom that really pisses me off. First off, there's absolutely nothing to do here, unless you count freezing your ass off. Second, there's nobody to talk to. Even the useless vagabonds don't dare venture here. This is what I'm thinking as I step through the snow, dragging myself further into the Steppe's clutches while working myself into a decidedly bitter mood.

I'm not sure where I'm headed, but I keep going anyway. To be honest, I could care less where I end up so long as I end up there. By now, the sky's purple has already faded into a deep indigo and the stars are winking to life. It might be peaceful, or even pretty, maybe, if I weren't having such an attitude.

Here I am, stuck in the middle of some frozen wasteland, forced to think very pessimistic thoughts until I come across another shadow in the night. This shadow's shaped like me, only it had a pair of small wings balanced between its withers. I give a surprised snort before perking up. Good! I'm thinking. I'm not the only one!

My hooves take me right up to the pegasus, who I find to be a dark, gentle-looking mare. I put on my best smile before noticing the woman's face. She looks distracted, maybe, and by what I can't begin to guess. "Oh, baby, what's got you down?" Because, truly, I want to know. If it's half as bad as it is on my end then maybe we can just hate life together for a few minutes.

At least it'll pass the time.

ooc; hey! hope you don't mind me jumping in(:
(takes place before here)

@Skeyti
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Skeyti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Motivation dances within reach, she only has to try to get it back. It could fill up the empty spaces in her palms and barely sink in the depths left between her fingers, but no, she can’t even gather up enough effort to slink her tired body forward to find it.
Each muscle is aching at a different tone and her wings spew hate with voices written with rage, pushing her weight down onto them to make that try. Instinct is ringing bells in her head. ‘You need to get moving.’ It tells her, worry laced around every letter. ‘None of this is ever going to be safe.’ She can’t imagine off the top of her head what is truly meant to be feared, but nonetheless, she can never reject the raw passion of gut knowledge.
Far too much time is spent surveying. The site of her crash landing holds onto her hand for a few more brief seconds, long enough as her eyes gather up the effort to acknowledge her surroundings, searching out any sort of detail despite how harsh the dark is. A squint of both and she’s nearly sure she can see something, wings clutching her frail sides tightly as their approach becomes more obvious.
That little voice in her head comes back around to roar louder this time, and while she feels frozen in fear, unable to retch her wings from her sides knowledgeably, her body faces the problem on its own. Her wings peel away with a thick stiffness that holds for no more than fifteen seconds as the soreness struggles, any weight and strength leftover from her time now thrown into her bended legs. Every portion of her screams the silent threat of escape.
They, now discovered to be a he is close enough now that she catches the sound of his hoofbeats taking away the quiet. Brows harden, her lips tuck in and her teeth catch the edge of her lower lip, sinking gently as the pressure in her wings weighs in.
She needs to make the choice: either go, or face whatever waits ahead.
She loses the chance before she can decide.
Much to her confusion, he does one of two things that still outright confuses her. First, he speaks to her freely without an inkling of who she is, and two, he addresses her as a child. It’s only expected that her reaction is one of obvious disgust and bewilderment, staring at him with her ears flattened as far as she feels isn’t too aggresive, strong eyes and a harsh frown slipped across her lips.
A shake of the head. Small steps make a quick amount of commotion as the tension in her body stature relives and finds its way back into getting her moving. He sounds absolutely idiotic. I can be down whenever I choose. A taunt not made.
The look on his face does make a good effort of making her uncomfortable, the rest of her face having now slackened as she attempts to shuffle stiffly around him, frown somehow managing to remain persistent, but at least with good cause. A word brews up that she’s not going to keep well.
“Why?” It comes out just as you would expect it to. Her voice is gravely, quiet as it pushes her question into the moment. It leaves a thousand things left unanswered in its wake, even more suggestions as of what she exactly means despite meaning multiple things at once, and while it’s all she can care to manage now, at least it is something.

OOC: you're fine! you might have to bare with me being a bit rusty with her tho.

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
When my gaze finally settles on her face, I can't tell what she's thinking and I'm not sure I want to with that expression she's got. Ears flattened, hard eyes, growing frown... oh, shit. She's pissed off, and I don't have the slightest clue as to why. Jeez, did I do something? Am I losing my touch?

But I don't give up that easily. I don't flatten the grin that's found its way onto my lips. Instead, I dance a few inches back in the frost (in case things turn violent, because with women you never can know) and let myself search her face. She's got this faraway look, and it's familiar somehow, and when she finally spits words - er, word - at me its quiet and angry and low all at once. "Why?" A word slung at me from behind whatever ropes were holding her down.

For the first time in my life, I don't know what to say. Her reaction wasn't what I had been expecting, but I take a few short moments to contemplate before tossing back some words of my own. "Why, dear?" I repeat behind a smile, rolling my leonine tail behind me. Now that I think about it, it is a good question. But the answer's simple: I'm b-o-r-e-d. There haven''t even been any vagabonds I could chitchat with. Well, I would be the one doing all the talking; vagabonds don't say much."Because you look rather sad to me. That and I needed a reason to come over here. This place is huge and eerily quiet and you're the first horse I've seen in daaays, let me tell you."

All the while, I keep that grin plastered on my face as I continue watching the girl. In the back of my thoughts, I wonder why she is here, in this frozen-over hell. I know why I am.

I'm thinking she might just be pissed that it's cold. Or maybe she doesn't like the way the frost feels against her hooves. But whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon. I lift my chin up a bit, ears twitching a little. "You can call me Rhodoc."
art © sky

@Skeyti
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.