the Rift

[PRIVATE] for honor and family !!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
In the peacefulness of late morning, the ocean mare stands at the edges of their special lake, looking down upon the water’s glassy surface. There are many thoughts running through her head, as there always has been of late—ever concerned for the wellbeing of her herd family, she finds herself picking through her responsibilities, trying to organize them so as to not let them down. However, with the ranks now filled (the absence of her fellow Lady aside), she tells herself that she can have a moment to slow down and relax.

Breathing in deeply through her nose, Tiamat savors the familiarity of the mountain air—the crispness of the foothills, the aroma of pine trees, and the freshness of both earth and rock. It all means home, and she loves it. The warmth of the summer sun is a welcome comfort as it bathes her back, haloing her in a soft breath of light.

She would stand here forever, if she could, but before long, duty calls her back to reality. Clearing her throat, the Ocean’s Light turns her body, pondering on her friend and new herd mate. With anticipation bubbling inside her chest, she thinks it is now time for him to prove himself to his herd family, and accept the Basin as it has accepted him.

Raising her head towards her mother sky and lifting herself into a half-rear with the force of her effort, the Ocean’s Light releases a mighty whinny from her lips, a soprano sound that is echoed and reinforced between the mountainsides. At her shoulder, Nimue complements her bondmate’s call with a high-pitched trill of whistles—not as mighty as the mare’s, but distinct nonetheless. Landing on all four hooves again, Tiamat allows her pale eyes to roam over her beloved valley.

“Toulouse!” She calls again for the blonde-haired man, excitement (more than anything) lacing her voice. “It is time for your expedition!” With the length of her lion tail twitching behind her, the blue Lady eagerly awaits the gelding’s arrival.

notes; Sorry it took a bit! <33
“Speech.”
a bright light—
so no one lets you down.

image credits
@Toulouse
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Resolve is never stronger than in the morning
after the night It was never weaker

The serpent's midday slumber was halted, stolen and broken when the call of the Lady resonated and echoed across the floor and ridges of the gully. His cave, one he'd found abandoned and almost compeltely covered in layers of old grime and snow lay on the opposite side of the hill to the Haruspex's cave; a grotto well out of sight and mind from many of his herd brothers and sisters.

Craning his head upwards from where it lay rested against the cave floor, Toulouse gave a gruff sigh. His expedition; yet another task he must add to the list.
Launching his body up from his hocks, Toulouse was soon marching along a well-worn hunting track en-route to the main expanse of the valley. Where Tiamat was he could only guess, though his nose and ears told him it was south west from his current location, towards the lake.

Sure enough, after a lengthy journey along the lake shore he caught sight of the mother of their herd; the ocean's light herself.
"Tiamat" He called over the bay, his pace picking up from a walk to an expressive trot as he continued around the last leg of the lake shore. Truthfully, he was unsure how to greet this lady. She was a friend, yet she did not demand respect like his superiors had at his former herd. "My Lady" was what he settled with, a courteous bow of his crown and shoulders taking effect as he spoke.

"I trust you are well, my friend?" he began, though then decided it might be best to get straight to business; save any pleasure for later. "and you have a task for me, is that right?" he stepped closer, close enough so that those diaphonous whiskers upon his nose could gently touch her own. His eyes of sunny meadows and sea water drank up her form as they traced her figure form hoof to head, finally settling upon her own oceanic gaze. " please, by all means go ahead. I am at your service, and ready to serve my herd-brothers and sisters also"

super excited! @tiamat

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The sound of her name echoing across the lake has the ocean mare turning her head, a smile widening across her lips when she spies just the man she wants to see. Stepping forward when he draws near, she responds with a small inclination of her own curved horn, her grin softening in amusement when the gelding doesn’t waste much time with pleasantries. “I am! Especially while enjoying this beautiful day,” Tiamat responds anyway, lifting her face briefly to the sun and shaking out her mane with a chorus of seashells.

Looking back to the blonde man, she continues with a simple, “I do!” Her voice portrays her own excitement, eager for him to become as much a part of this herd family as anyone else. To hear him express the same desire warms her broad, infectious grin. “I am so glad to hear that, Toulouse. I adore you, but I know there are some individuals that have not warmed up to you as…agreeably. I think it will do both you, and some herd members, good if you were to complete an expedition to better earn their trust and prove yourself to the Basin. Does that sound fair enough?” She offers him a cheering wink, confident that he will be able to do this.

“Now, for your tasks,” a breathy chuckle of laughter manages to lace her words, seeping from the anticipation that bubbles deliciously within her chest. She takes a step forward, looking up into those glassy, iridescent eyes of his. “I want you to assist at least three different members of the Basin in their daily tasks—whether it be something in their rank, or simply tidying their cave, or cleaning up around our valley. Spend the day with them, get to know them, and let them see the Toulouse that I know.”

The Ocean’s Light pauses, allowing the information to sink in before she continues. “Also, in service to the herd as a whole,” her pearly eyes sweep pointedly across the valley around them, “I would like you to visit the Sentinels at least once, and clean up any scrap metal that has fallen from their frames—the metal will be stored in a corner of the secret tent, to await the Sentinels’ restoration.” The machines are precious their herd, and she hopes that this will allow him the opportunity to marvel at their strength, despite their ruin.

Skimming her leonine tail across the tall grass behind her, the blue Lady eyes the gelding for a moment more, wondering about his reaction to this little expedition given to him. “Any questions?” She tilts her head to the side, allowing the sunlight to highlight the delicate lines of her face.

notes; There's no time limit; if anything doesn't make sense, let me know! c:
“Speech.”
a bright light—
so no one lets you down.

image credits
@Toulouse
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.