the Rift

[PRIVATE] scene of the crime

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona

Iona still wasn’t so sure how she felt about this whole companion business, but it was evident that there wasn’t a damn thing she could do about it at this point. The fuzzy little bird had already managed to weasel his way completely and unequivocally into the deepest recesses of her mind, much to her displeasure.  She also wasn’t particularly enjoying being earthbound, though that was more a selective decision on her part since she was unwilling to leave Iver to his own devices...or risking him falling from altitude.  

So for the time being, they walked.  For the mare that found herself in the skies more so than on the ground, it was a strange sensation - traveling a distance over ground.  Underused muscle groups burned, letting Iona know just how long it had been since she had taken a journey on foot. She fround at the ache.  Clearly she’d done a poor job of keeping herself in prime condition.  For flying, sure.  Everything about the mare’s physique screamed at flight.  Thin, light, sleek.  But she knew she had traded a good deal of her strength since coming to Helovia, for that’s when she’d abandoned her fighting career.  She still wore the scars - the most obvious on her wing joints and her neck - of battles long past but the will to fight had left her. But that didn’t mean that she wouldn’t.  And she had a new way of fighting her battles now - and that’s what drove her from home today. 

The whole companion thing wasn’t all bad. Iona didn’t understand much about companions and bonding but she was beginning to.  So there were flickers when she found herself enjoying the helpless little bird’s companionship, though they were fleeting as she still adjusted to the idea that her mind wasn’t just her own anymore. She let out a sigh as the marshes became visible on the horizon. “Okay kid. If this goes to shit, you better hang on tight,” she murmured to the bird, who chirped his agreement. The little osprey didn’t know what had transpired here, but based on his bonded’s mood, it was nothing good.  The painted spy drew to a halt at the border of the marsh, studying the horizon carefully.  In the distance, Kaos’ obelisk glinted in the afternoon sun.  

"The question isn't who's going to let me;
it's who's going to stop me."
image credits || quote: ayn rand

@Sunjata

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
he had been someone, before the fall.
His ’family’ in the Throat had said not to travel to the Marshes alone, to go with company and patrol to see what kind of things the world around them brought – most importantly, if there were any signs of Kaos other than that ugly pillar. So, what did Sunjata do? Completely disregarded those orders on the opportunity to go off and explore on his own. It hadn’t gotten him in trouble thus far, and he hoped deeply that it would continue that way. As he approached the Marshes, he lowered his altitude, long navy legs stretching out before him to land.

He landed gracefully, though heavily. His body more proportioned to being well rounded and thick as opposed to lithe and agile, but that didn’t stop the blue jay. As he began to make the rest of the trek toward the land on foot, his icy eyes caught sight of a Pegasus ahead of him. At first, she seemed familiar, and he almost called out to her. “Alysanne?” He questioned to himself, stepping a bit faster to try and see who the mare exactly was. Though upon further inspection, the mare wasn’t at all the woman of the World’s Edge he had met not that long ago.

But she was gorgeous nonetheless. The scars that graced her body, sharp defining features, and flight worn body, a small princely grin spread across his lips as he approached, folding his tri colored wings tightly to his side. “The task seems a bit daunting, going in there alone.” He called out to her, still leaving her space if she so wished. His voice was thick and rugged, full of an accent similar to Dorobian yet different all the same. “I’m Sunjata, of the Dragon’s Throat.” He added in, extending a wing to bow in the flashiest way he knew possible, before returning his sand dusted wing to his side, smiling at the mare. “Would you like company? For a patrol of the land, perhaps?” He asked with a tilt of his head, wondering if she was of a herd or an outcast. Even still, company made things easier. It made things less scary, made the time go by faster, and created some interesting stories to tell. It was a worth a shot, anyway.

"Talk."
sunjata
image credits  ||  coding

@Iona <3 im so pumped omg

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona

She stood there for a moment, letting all the memories of what had happened last time she’d been in this place come flooding back. She’d walked home that time too - accompanying the bodies of a fallen general and her companion.  From somewhere in her tangled mess of eternally-windswept mane, Iver offered a reassuring peep. Iona fought the urge to roll her eyes. 

The task seems a bit daunting, going in there alone, a lightly accented voice called from somewhere behind her, casing her dark ears to flick backwards but she didn’t turn yet.  Iver peeked his head out from the tangle of hair, curious about who this stranger was and instantly alert at the prospect of danger as his bonded’s wariness had put him on edge. 

“No Shit,” the Specter replied, with a huff, finally turning to meet the stranger.  He wasn’t what she expected, to say the least.  After all, it’s not everyday you run into someone who’s literally blue.  Any other day she’d probably make a joke as to whether or not he was feeling melancholy, but the mood didn’t strike her this particular moment.  You know, staring down the obelisk of death and all.  However, he seemed harmless enough and he bowed so he certainly earned points in Iona’s book in that regard. Who knew that the blunt pegasus had a thing for a man with manners?

“Sorry,” she offered with a somewhat sheepish smile. She was clearly excellent at first impressions. “This place isn’t my favorite but duty calls and all that,” she said, glancing from him back to the obelisk.  “Company would be nice, though. I’m Iona of the World’s Edge. So you know where to drag my body back, you know, just in case,” she said, flatly, though she finished her statement with a smile to let him know that she was joking. She had no plans of dying today.  She was too stubborn to die in a smelly marsh.  However, she was curious about this stranger and her emerald gaze drifted back to the blue stallion.

“Tell me, Sunjata, what is it you do in the Throat? What brought you to the marshes on your own?” She said with a curious look.  She had her own motivations for coming here, but what brought this stallion here on his own. “You don’t have a death wish, do you?” she added, with a wink. 

"The question isn't who's going to let me;
it's who's going to stop me."
image credits || quote: ayn rand

@Sunjata
SORRY SHE'S RIDICULOUS.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
he had been someone, before the fall.
”No shit.” The words reached him before the mare had officially turned. A charming smile crossed his lips as he stifled a chuckle at her choice of words. As she looked him up and down, he stood still, almost regal-like, with his dark chin up and icy eyes remaining on the stranger. After a few moments, she apologized with her own sheepish smile and the blue man simply just shook his head as if she had nothing to apologize for. He did seem to appear out of nowhere to begin with.

As she continued, he nodded along with her. Sunjata had found that he agreed with what the mare said so far, despite offering a light chuckle again at her choice of words. “Good to know. Though I don’t think either one of us will be dragging the other around. Buddy system and all that.” He winked to her, his smile beginning to rest in a solid smirk across his dark navy lips. The mare looked around a few moments before looking back at him, and he took the opportunity to gaze upon her simply, not letting her see how her beauty and lack of fun was affecting him.

Tell me Sunjata, what is it you do in the Throat?” His ears perked to her as his gaze lifted from the world around her to her face. Her emerald gaze a beautiful hue against the darkness of her face. He offered her a roguish grin before flexing his wings slightly against his back. “That, my dear, is a secret.” He began, tilting his head to the side in a playful manner. “Though I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours.” He winked briefly before shaking his head at her last comment.

I’m simply a curious herd-mate, seeking knowledge on Kaos. I imagine you’re doing the same… Of course, without the death wish.” Another chuckle rumbled from his chest.

"Talk."
sunjata
image credits || coding

@Iona STOP ME HAHAHAH THIS IS FAB

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!