the Rift

[OPEN] cold doesn't bother us anyway

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
The last time Alysanne had visited the Basin, a charming mare named Aisling had told her fortune - and it hadn’t left her mind ever since. She couldn’t shake the idea that there would be a foal in her future, maybe more if she was very lucky. Perhaps it wasn’t terribly professional of her to be thinking of such things when she was travelling to the Basin, surrounded by friends, but it lingered in the back of her mind. The thing was, the older she got the worse she got at casually bringing up the idea of parenthood to any male friends that might be interested themselves.

As they drew closer to the Basin, she shook her mind from such troublesome thoughts and focused on the task at hand. She was excited to be visiting this place again - and hoped she might see Lena while she was here. It seemed a lifetime ago that she had visited here and spent a day with the lovely healer, collecting herbs and sharing information.

They were a motley crew, but she adored each of the four members of the Edge that had volunteered to travel with her to the north. The moved on hoof, since she and her sister were the only ones with wings and it wouldn’t be very nice at all to take off without the majority of their group. It was a pleasant trip - as far as Alysanne was concerned anyway - and before too long they were there. Alysanne came to a stop just outside out of the border - near the ruins of the sentinel.

“Ready?” She cast a warm smile to her companions before turning her dark head back to the Basin and releasing a loud call for Tiamat, and anyone else that might be interested in welcoming them.

alysanne

the devoted

Visit from the Edge! Blame Kiki for the title
Post order is going to be a lie :)

Those interested from the Edge: @Iona @Raeden @Sacre @Aaron
@Tiamat <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."

Iona wasn’t glad they were walking, but she was relieved.  She still didn’t trust Iver’s grip to hold on long enough for sustained flight, regardless of how tangled he got himself in her mane. So it was an opportunity for both of them to visit the Basin, one of the few places in Helovia that the painted mare had yet to travel.  When Aly had mentioned that she was planning on visiting - Iona had seized the opportunity to see the northernmost kingdom.  She had done a lot of traveling in the south of late looking for any signs of Kaos, but felt she had been neglecting the North. She’d have to remedy that in the later months of Tallsun and the early months of Orangemoon while it was still tolerable to patrol the northern areas. 

The mountains of the Basin were often visible from Iona’s aerial patrols on days when the mists were blown inland.  Walking around made the trip considerably longer, but helped the mare familiarize herself with territory perhaps overlooked from above.  The painted mare kept a wary eye on her surroundings as they walked, as she always did no matter the circumstances.  Iona was pleased when the trip proved to be uneventful and the party moved quickly over well-worn paths leading to the Basin.  The air was colder here, yes, but it wasn’t unpleasant.  Iona didn’t want to know what the place was like during the coldest months of Frostfall, and was silently thankful that they’d decided to take care of all things diplomatic during Tallsun. 

Iona had her own reasons for wanting to come to the north, aside from her own curiosities about this place. But she wanted to gauge what leadership was like here before making any offers. But she knew that the threat of Kaos was something that, theoretically, united all three of the remaining herds. The mare drew to a halt next to her twin when they approached the Basin’s borders. Her eye was certainly drawn to the metal behemoth standing there.   “Subtle,” she said, flatly, of the giant unicorn standing guard at the border. But she nodded her head to Aly regardless and fixed her emerald gaze towards the border, keeping watch for the welcoming party that was sure to come. 

- I O N A -

image credit

I WON'T APOLOGIZE ITS A GREAT TITLE. 
LET IT GO, SARAH

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
The inevitable nostalgia, that always came over him whenever he returned to the Basin, made him quiet for quite a lot of the journey. His mind stubbornly felt the need to bombard him with memories of when he was foal, how he and Roux used to fling snow at each other whilst trying to walk on the ice, only to fall down in a gail of giggles. Yet, he knew now, with every step he took, that there he would find no Aviya or Kou, his beloved sister and mother, for death had already taken them from him. Nor would he find his father, who had abandoned him whilst he nursed his painful sorrow. The Aurora Basin to Sacre was now a cold and bleak graveyard, where here lay his memories of an unbroken family, happy and alive. The closer they got the more it plagued him, but he tried his best to push it away, he wasn't here to reminisce, he was here to help Alysanne and her mission. 

Upon arrival, they stopped just outside the ruined sentinel, and Sacre looked at with an odd note of sadness in his gaze. "Ah, that old thing" he commented, wondering if it was still in use or if the sirens worked at all on it, perhaps the Basin no longer felt the need to guard their borders with ostentatiously loud machines anymore. He knew d'Artagnan would have been happy to see it lie in rumble—along with the rest of the arts and crafts department. 

With Inari and Ríona near his side, the fox-boy shifted closer to Alysanne and Iona, seeking comfort in their familiarity as he pushed away his downward turning thoughts whilst they waited for someone to come greet them, remembering instead the conversation he had had with Cassius. He had hoped to bring it up with a wise one, but as of yet he didn't know who the new Seer would be and decided it was something that he could bring up himself on the diplomatic mission. Along with the prospect of meeting some of the Basin healers, perhaps Lena was still around.
I match them with my euphoria
When they said, "je suis plus folle que toi"

ellipsiem

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

She’s been too hard on her herself lately - literally. Between the battles and the fucking fire-cat, she seems to be a mass of bruised and singed flesh (not that anyone would notice beneath her silver-and-black camo coat), which makes the Corporal more than a little grumpy. Her ego is battered, her flesh is tender, and there is something that alternates between setting her hair on end and creating this uncontrollable itch that cannot be scratched. So you know, bad things all around.

Nothing seems to be going right. Nothing.

When a woman built like a tank has that many horns and is short on, well, everything good about her personality, it’s best for her to remove herself to the hills for awhile. Wessex could just as easily have baked the anger out of her in the hot springs, but she’s often the type that likes to suffer in indignation and self-righteousness. Pain for pain’s sake because she’s a mother-fucking warrior and that’s what warriors do, right? Erebos suffers in all his General, lead the pack sort of way, she can see it in his eyes sometimes. But then he hides it. Wessex’s suffering, however, is projected, and it is not pretty.

In the hills (ok, mountaintops) if we’re going to get technical - she happens to look out over the flat land bridge that connects the ice fortress of the Basin to the rest of Helovia, and lo and behold, what does she see but a group of visitors coming towards them. Her mind says visitors, because if they were invaders or anyone who means the Basin harm, she can’t imagine them coming in such a small (too small for an army, too large to infiltrate individually) group. As quickly as she can, the horned Corporal picks her way down from the crag, footing sure now, in the months of mastering the sometimes rocky, sometimes icy, sometimes mud or flower filled terrain. Her wide and bulky body surges into a trot though some muscles do protest too much, as she finds herself the first to meet the group.

If they were too busy to see the tall mare bounding across to them, hopefully her heavy hooves would announce her presence. In the shadow of the metal sentinel, she finds that as she draws nearer, she recognizes the stallion with whom she jumped into the Blood Falls with. Oh - he was cool. It puts a small, pleasant expression on her face. A call salutes them as Wessex slows to a halt, leaving enough physical distance between herself and the leader for safety - but close enough to talk.

“This is quite the group,” she says rather neutrally. “What are you looking for?”

Because that much is obvious; those who come here are rarely here for funsises. Might as well get it all out in in the open - the Basin rarely does subtle.

W E S S E X

image credit

HERE I STAND, AND HERE I'LL STAY - says Wessex, singing along.
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The call of the Devoted echoes easily through the mountain valley, effectively catching the attention of the blue Lady. She stands just outside of the healer’s greenhouse, tending to some of the natural plants and herbs that grow in their highland terrain (while doing so is not listed in her duties anymore, she finds that old habits are hard to break, and visits the cave of the healers often to help them with their chores).

With a dainty ear slanting towards the valley’s entrance, Tiamat raises her head from where she had been inspecting some blooms of arnica. Knowing that she should greet whomever has come to visit them (and enjoying meeting all the new faces, honestly), the sea mare picks up a brisk, sweeping trot. Angling herself around the Basin’s special lake, she calls to her companion with a short whinny, her pale eyes looking out across the glassy waters as her pace slows marginally. Suddenly, with a peal of chirps, Nimue bursts from the depths of the lake, puffing a spray of water from her blow hole before she soars to the mare’s side.

Together, the oceanic pair reaches the entrance in due time. Even from a distance, the familiar figure of Wessex is not hard to recognize—the warrior woman has been a popular face among the Basin, regularly greeting strangers and attending herd events. Tiamat is infinitely grateful for the Corporal and her services to their herd family. Acknowledging the horned mare with an intimate brush across her shoulder, the Ocean’s Light steps towards those gathered.

“Hello! Welcome to the Basin,” she smiles happily to the strangers, recognizing only the black stallion from a brief meeting they had a while ago—he had been pleasant, she remembers, and gives him a familiar grin before she turns to the winged woman who heads them. “You must be Alysanne, Queen of the World’s Edge,” she gives her fellow leader a short bow of her horned head, her nostrils flaring with the scent of sea salt and pine that accompanies their presence. “One of your Moon Doctors, Lyanna, visited us not too long ago. She mentioned you,” the Ocean’s Light explains with a lighthearted grin skewing her lips.

Lyanna had said that Alysanne used to be a healer as well, before being promoted, and she remembers wanting to meet this kindred mare. “My name is Tiamat, the Lady of the Aurora Basin,” although her attention is primarily focused on their Queen, she looks to each of them, truly pleased to meet them all. It is instinct for her to introduce Wessex as well, though aware now that not everyone is as outgoing as she, Tiamat refrains. “What can I do for you?” The blue Lady inquires instead, unaware that the Corporal has already issued a similar question.

“Speech.”
tiamat
we run like a river
runs to the sea
image credits
@Alysanne
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
Noticing the cluster of figures on the perimeter, I step away from my investigation of the painted exterior of the tent (who even did this? the most primary thought which had risen to mind during that endeavor), casually making my way over in my own time. Though I might miss some of what is said, it’ll be fine – Tiamat is there, after all, and she’s about a thousand times better at dealing with people than myself, or Wessex (if our encounter before last was any measure of her skills in that field), whose horn-bedazzled, she-beast figure I could probably pick out of anywhere, knowing her, almost instantaneously, from the sight of her ass alone.

Does that say something? Duir asks, from behind me, his company, as usual, accompanied by his frustration invoking remarks.

About what? I ask, looking back with narrowed eyes.

You know, he laughs, prancing ahead with a toss of his antlered head, meeting my golden eyes with his emerald ones as he passes; though he is eager to see with Nimue again, he isn’t going to miss an opportunity to make me think about myself, either, she is a woman.

Snorting aloud at the thought (so is half the world idiot), I find my place among the Lady and the Corporal, and my buck and I’s conversation falls away to leave me with the thought as to whether or not my buck thinks I’ll hit on anything with the properly positioned holes.

Yes, he answers, greeting Nimue, and observing the other companions present, as he is apt to do. Remembering the foxes from our clearing away debris on the beach, he looks at them with a more familiar expression than he does the others, but is otherwise aloof, as he always is, remaining where he can easily escape if need be.

Some things never change.

Tiamat is already talking, something about a Moon Doctor named Lyanna. I don’t think much else needs to be said, really, so I attempt a smile of greeting, and nod my head hello.

"Rikyn, King of Spies," I tell them, with a tilt of a truer grin flashing towards Sacre (because it’s not a real rank at all, but its close enough to what I actually do), before waiting for the rest the of meeting to commence.

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Lena the Songbird

She stood along the shores of the unfreezing lake, merely basking, a few moments of repose and sanctuary, liberation and deliverance, eyes closed, careless, whimsical thoughts floating like wispy clouds. The Songbird imagined many silly things coiled behind her lids, beyond the stars, chasing down firelights and illustrious hues, pushing past walls and igniting convictions, humming a simple, sweet tune to the rest of her dreams. An interruption only came on the thrum of hoof beats, and her eyes opened, watched several prominent individuals gathering along the horizon, wildly familiar – beloved friends alike, and her heart soared even further, until she was a tangled knot of movement and motion, gesturing towards Imogen to follow, follow, follow

They became a united front of elegance and rapture, once Lena was certain she’d grasped Alysanne’s intrepid scent, and a host of others (Rikyn, Tiamat, the young Corporal rising from the soldier ranks), pulsing and pervading her way towards the frozen aperture with a radiant smile and a keen heart. “Goodness, what a crowd!” She heralded amidst the gathering, once they’d embarked beneath the Sentinels, nodding, bobbing her head in greetings towards her fellow compatriots and monarch, extending warmth and delight, curiosity and exuberance (wondering why there was such a multitude, but the inquiry had already been threaded through the air, and she saw no reason to repeat it). The same beatific smile lingered upon the painted Pegasus, enchantment sculpted right along her heavenly bearings and features, granting melodic welcomes and reveries. “Alysanne! How are you?” Last she’d seen the femme, she’d been broken within the Endless Blue, ailing from a quest she’d dared to conduct, and Lena had understood, had comprehended, just how strong and persistent a soul had to be – to continue fighting, to continue thriving, even when the noose pulled tighter and tighter. She almost yielded to asking if she’d completed her task, but it wasn’t the right time or place, so her eyes settled upon the other (likely) Edge fellows, surprised to see another in similar resemblance to Alysanne, and Sacre (a child of the Doctor – and here she smiled again in fondness, in familiarity, in winsome parallels, of days filled with mystery, danger, but so much endurance, so much fortitude). To aid the unknown members, she provided her name, her rank, and her indulgences with the good graces of her harmony, rhapsodizing over the gallant throng. “I’m Lena, one of the Time Menders of the Basin.”

Image Credits

@Alysanne

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne drew courage and comfort from Iona’s presence at her side and Sacre’s as well. She was glad to have such familiar faces with her today on her first official trip to another land. She hoped, at the very least, that it would go a little smoother than her first meeting - when she had been announced as queen and the Edge had dissolved into arguments and petty remarks.

They were not left to linger on the borders of the Basin alone for very long. A tall mare approached, with an incredible set of horns. Appearances may be deceiving but Alysanne had a feeling that the mare that greeted them was a warrior - from the manner in which she stood and the way she greeted them. Before Alysanne got the chance to respond to her question, another mare was joining them - unfamiliar and looking as though she had been born from the sea. She had a bright smile, contrasting the neutral greeting of the mare before her. Alysanne nodded in confirmation of her name and title and returned the short bow, her green eyes bright - delighted to hear that Lyanna had been here.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Tiamat.” And, again, before she could give an answer to the reason why they were there - more join them. A young stallion, with metallic markings, introduced himself as Rikyn, King of Spies and Alysanne greeted him with a smile - forcing herself not to cast a side look at Iona.

A familiar face joined the group next and Alysanne’s heart felt lighter than air when she spotted her friend. She wanted to dance forward and greet Lena properly but there would, she hoped, be time for reunions afterwards.  “Lena! It is so good to see you, as always my dear friend. I am well, and you?” Hemlock, meanwhile, swooped down from where he had been lurking above and, after tugging gently on Lena’s mane in greeting, flew around her trying to spot Imogen.

And then it was time to address the group again, finally answer the questions that had been asked of them. Her green gaze focused on Tiamat mostly, but it flickered often to the others from the Basin as well. “It’s wonderful to meet you all - thank you so much for greeting us today. We come from the World’s Edge in the hopes of fostering a renewed alliance between our herdlands. I believe we’ve been on good terms for a while now, helping each other out with trades and items, but there have been a lot of changes within the ranks in both our herds so we wanted to check in. A visit has been long overdue, I think.” Alysanne smiled at Tiamat and then at Lena. The last time she had been to the Basin, she had been a Moon Doctor herself and Deimos was still the lord in the north. “Some of my herd mates wished to come to visit their friends here and to speak to their counterparts with the Basin, if they may.” She would let Sacre and Iona introduce themselves, so she fell quiet again - hoping, as she always did, that she wasn’t going to mess this entire thing up.

alysanne

the devoted

@Iona @Sacre @Wessex @Rikyn @Tiamat @Lena <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."

The painted mare offered a small smile to Sacre, who had traveled with the sisters, who remarked on the metal behemoth. The thing looked like it was in poor repair but the wary woman imagined it’d would be terrifying if imbued with magic of any kind. She was wary enough around magic in general, all they needed was sentient metal unicorn beast running amok in Helovia. Icing on the cake.  She let out a soft sigh, shifting her wings against her sides unconsciously. Iver, did his best to peek out of the mare’s tangled mane, having made his own nest of sorts in the tangled tresses, curious about the change of scenery and what put his bondmate on edge.

They came soon enough, as she knew they would. No one left borders unattended nowadays.  The first one who came she, like her sister, assumed was a soldier. If she wasn’t she’d make a damn good one with that assortment of horns and things. The dark mare didn’t fault the girl her, um, less than warm greeting because she felt the same way about a lot of these gatherings - instantly suspicious. However the Specter actually did have an agenda for coming to this particular pow wow.  The blue mare is surprising to see, but pleasant enough and is presumably the leader of these parts. Clearly a kindred spirit of her sister and she hopes that perhaps it is helpful to her sister to see others like herself have been lifted to positions of leadership.  There’s a healer that clearly knows Alysanne well and finally a stallion, who draws her attention not only for his introduction for his area of expertise. Iona stayed quiet for the time being, deferring to her sister, but dipped her head as greetings are exchanged. She might be a blunt creature, but she did have some manners.  

“Iona,” she said, waiting a beat before continuing. Queen of Spies,” she added, deadpan, her gaze flicking to the black and gold unicorn. Something like mirth flickered in her eyes, but this was a game that Iona had far too much practice in to have her eyes betray her now.  

“My lord Rikyn, doth thee have any information on the God Kaos thou would shareth with a fellow spy? Perhaps we could combine our forces to learn more about thine enemy,” she finished, dropping the facade and letting a smirk play on her dark lips. The kid could dish it out, but could he take it?

“Joking aside, I’d very much like to discuss it with you. We’ve started our investigation and I’m sure you’ve started yours - I’d never ask you to share information that compromises your herd but Kaos threatens us all and perhaps there’s a way for us to work together in the wake of this threat.” She was entirely genuine now, for the very thought that Kaos lurked in the marshes and they had next to no information aside from the fact that he was a lying son of a bitch with a penchant for dead things. That made her uncomfortable. She was working under the assumptions that it made others in her position elsewhere equally uncomfortable, but she wouldn’t be able to confirm that until she asked. 

So here she was. Asking. She only hoped that King Rikyn would be willing to share his throne when it came to this particular matter. She didn’t want to step on any royal toes, after all.

- I O N A -

image credit

NOTE TO EDGE LEADERSHIP NEVER LET IONA GO ANYWHERE EVER.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
They came one by one, these hardy guardians of the Basin, and each of them, Sacre was surprised to find, he knew of in some way or another. The mare with the scary looking head of horns, whom he had met that one time in the Blood Falls, when they had decided to go for a swim together, appeared first. He glanced at her with a note of surprise until an easy smile settled on his lips and he offered her a friendly nod of greeting "swimming lessons" he winked at her and snorted, hoping she wouldn't mind his terrible sense of humour. The next one, the Lady of the Basin, he had met only very briefly, although her blue pelt and seaweed tangled mane were not so forgettable that Sacre didn't recognise her. The fox-boy soon discovered she had an easy to love way of going, her happy demeanour easing any worries Sacre might have carried and he smiled broadly at her as she spoke, dipping his head when her gaze passed over him. He didn't remember the floating dolphin, the one Inari and Ríona were now staring at with eyes bursting with curiosity, however. Then, next to arrive, was Rikyn.

Sacre watched, brows raised, as the gold marked lad joined the gathering of herds and remained silent for a while before finally introducing himself, causing a mirth filled grin to split across Sacre's features. He had been dethroned and replaced, King no more, by the very child he had once proclaimed his fictional crown to. The fox-boy gave the new King of Spies a deeper bow than he had the rest before moving on to rest his eyes on the last familiar sight. For Sacre, Lena was imbued into his old memories of when he had been just a small boy, under the feet of his father, and even then she had been the loyal Time Mender. Sacre couldn't imagine an Aurora Basin without her. 

He remained silent a little longer, waiting as Alysanne took the lead and explained the reasoning for the small group of Edge dwellers on their frosty border. As she did so he decided to gather his thoughts, thinking of all the things he had wanted to bring up whilst he was here, until Iona began to make her own introductions and thus there was now even a Queen of Spies. Sacre looked between her and Rikyn with an unreadable expression until finally he sighed comically, shaking his head in mock exasperation and raised one brow at them both. 

"I'm Sacre, one of the Moon's Doctors" he greeted them, revealing his profession as he did so, before continuing with his purpose for coming "although I have come on part because I met one of your Disciples, Cassius, and he expressed an interest in an exchange of knowledge, I would like to bring it up for discussion formally. Perhaps your other Disciples might like to meet with our Philosophers, we might find some use in sharing the words that the Gods impart on us" he offered, not really knowing what he was talking about, it wasn't his area of expertise, but as a friend to Cassius and as he had promised, he brought it up anyway.

Then he turned to Lena, smiling fondly at her "it's been a while, Lena, I hope you and the herd are well" he started, partly lost in the memories she inspired in him, and also trying to remind himself he was here to do a job and not to stand around reminiscing "perhaps my fellow Doctor Lyanna has already beaten me to it, but I would like to offer all the same an exchange in healing knowledge. I'm not familiar with the Aurora Basin's healing remedies and techniques, my father never deigned to impart his knowledge on me" he sighed "you can even send your own healers to the Worlds Edge so they might learn from us too, if you wish" he looked sidelong at Alysanne, checking he wasn't overstepping the invisible boundary by inviting a hoard of northerners down from the mountains.

I match them with my euphoria
When they said, "je suis plus folle que toi"

ellipsiem

lmao iona XD 

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Tiamat’s touch always brings a smile to Wessex’s face. She returns the brush with a nudge of her own and waits for the rest of the Basin’s welcoming committee to arrive. It gives her time to study their visitors. Two look very similar, and she wonders if they’re siblings - they must be, or else some otherwise related. If her greeting comes off as suspicious or rude, it’s only becaue in comparison to Tiamat and Lena, Wessex is a freaking piece of granite who rarely lets her emotions surface. This event, which turns out to be diplomatic, is no different than what she once saw in her mother’s court, where she was firmly told that if she couldn’t control herself, she would be banished to her quarters with a Nanny.

Like hell she was going to be humiliated like that ever again. And thus, the stoic was born.

And then there’s Sacre, whom she in actuality knows very little about, but has a grand first impression of. In a rare moment of mirth, has to laugh at his private little joke. “We’ve got the Hot Springs. Come back in the Fall when they feel comfortable again and I won’t push you in too hard.” Sink or swim - that’s the way it always is with her.

Wessex then falls silent while the adults talk - or jest, as it seems - and it isn’t until they touch on an exchange of knowledge that Wessex speaks up. In lieu of Erebos, she is the ranking soldier there, and it is her duty to make sure their caste is also taken care of. Or so she thinks. “And your warriors? While fighting is all the same, I’m sure cross-sparring could be beneficial. I know I’m inexperienced against pegasi, but could probably teach someone a thing or two about avoiding horns… we’ve kept our healers busy for awhile now.” To say the least. Her skin bears a testament to the torture she’s submitted herself to these past few months.

It's odd, she concludes privately, that they didn't bring a soldier with them. She can't decide if it's a compliment or a very subtle jab.

W E S S E X

image credit
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
When Lena arrives, rounding out the gathering of those from the valley who are likely to show; surprisingly, most everyone seems to know someone, except, it would seem, the woman who was my equivalent in the World’s Edge. Still laughing at the sight of Sacre’s mock bow, wondering how my mother’s meetings with these generally easy going folk were always so tense and serious (and what, precisely, the difference between this gathering and those impends), I am quickly hushed by Iona’s announcement that she is the Queen of Spies.

When she continues, my face probably reveals everything. I certainly hadn’t expected this flamboyant of a reaction to what I had assumed to be a casual, inside joke sort of remark, and I’m also not entirely sure how to react in turn. Do I ye olde common her, too?

Part of me wants to just stare at her, I guess because she is joking about a matter that I take seriously. You weren’t at the other battles, I see, I think, my wonder slackened jaw tightening with the thought.

"I was unaware I’d been wed," I reply, managing a smile, despite my hesitation to be so overtly light hearted at a time like this, "though I’m sure we can come to an arrangement when it comes to information about the shared threat of Kaos. Have your Seers or other members conferred with the Goddess on the matter?"

[ OOC: Assumed post order was a lie? Kick me if not. He mostly interacts with @Iona ]

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).