the Rift

[PRIVATE] Eyes for the Sightless [Moon]

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

I found myself here on the stony bridge once again, this time though I wasn't accompanied by the avian who I shared my soul with. Rather I was trailing behind my twin brother who for so long I had thought was lost to me, until the pale ghost of a stallion who had been a dear friend of our sire's informed me he was well and healthy living on the Edge of the World. Following him back to the glass wall had been an easy decision but again life had pulled me away before the fox boy and I crossed paths. It wasn't until I was speaking to a grungy old man on the ledge the two of us were headed to currently that I had finally seen my womb mate once again. A smile twitched and tugged at the corner of my inky lips as moon eyes stared straight forward, guided by the thankfully full moon and my brother as we carefully navigated over the cobbled bridge that led to the great shrines we were looking for.

Edison had chosen to remain back, waiting impatiently in the rocks that lined the shore having decided he'd rather stay back and sulk then have to deal with the gods that he didn't worship. I had rolled my eyes, but agreed that he could remain to the rear if he wanted, his sight wasn't needed tonight with the moon shining and my brother's careful watch to make sure I didn't fall into the salty brine beneath. Dark rimmed ears flicked back against my skull as we made it the last few steps until we were both standing safely on the ledge that housed the long destroyed shrines. Inky lips twitched as I smiled at my brother who I was hopefully looking at in monochromatic colors for the last time. "Thank you for coming." A deep sigh shook forth from my chest between slightly parted lips as I turned to look over my shoulder at the shrine I had came here for.

Although I had been born, and mostly raised in the Basin where the god of Spark and Time ruled...my loyalty rested in the finicky embrace of the one and only goddess. She was why I had any sight whatsoever, and hopefully she would be the reason I would be able to see without the assistance of my cranky seeing-eye-bird. Exhaling shakily I took the few steps until I was standing in front of the once great shrine, where I found myself without words as I looked in awe upon the ruins. Luckily for me, gods and goddesses were known to be all-knowing and surely she had been watching over us as we made our way across the cobbled bridge.

"Talk?"
roux
am I just paranoid?
or am I just stoned
Permission from Imi for slight PP /<3
Roux is here to get a quest to get his blindness fixed! (using the VOTG pass from my prize list!)
@Sacre @Mythical Request
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
In my scarecrow dreams,
(When they smash my heart into smithereens)
Be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete.

Sacre couldn’t perfectly describe his feelings as he wandered along the rocky path, dodging the pools of lava that would swallow him whole if he should put one step wrong, such was the fragility of life. Yet, his spirits soared as the presence of Roux filled him with such ecstatic joy that he found it hard to simply walk up the path for his legs longed to run and dance. Quite often he cast his gaze back to his twin, checking he was okay, that he was actually there and he wasn’t dreaming, as the moon served as their beacon in the sky, lighting the way to the cluster of broken shrines. Inari and Ríona had chosen to stay with Edison, neither fox really wanting to take the trip again and they much preferred the companionship of the red boys’ falcon. Sacre often noted that they liked being in the company of other horses’ companions. The journey was slow going as the fox-boy tried to pick the best routes for Roux to follow until finally they came upon their destination and the moment Sacre had been hoping for might finally come to pass. A day when Roux would have the veil, that so cruelly robbed him of the beauty of the world, lifted from his eyes.

“I was coming anyway, even if you didn’t want me to” he grinned, gently moving to brush his shoulder against his brother’s crimson side. 

Turning his attention back to the shrines, he noted the one that belonged to the Moon, Mesec’s mother, and walked up to it, placing the glass figurine the Nightwind had made next to it before returning to Roux’s side. He wondered if she would answer their call, Sacre hadn’t seen her since Kaos had appeared, which wasn’t all that unusual, the fox-boy rarely ever saw the Gods unless there was something going on in the wider world. What did they do in their spare time? If they even had any, Sacre imagined that being a God must be a taxing job. “My Goddess” he spoke to the figurine instead, finding her miniature likeness easier to talk to than a ruined shrine, “we seek your guidance and perhaps your power” he called, casting an encouraging smile at Roux as he fell silent. 

Then they waited to see if the Moon would answer them.

@Mythical Request (just it case you didn't get Roux's tag <3)
@Roux

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
kaos

“So many take family for granted..” Kaos' voice shimmied through the air. As always, it was a bizarre bastardization of many voices, stacked on top of one another. Imogen Heap esque might be the best way of describing such a sound, but of course the magical world of Helovian Ponies wouldn't understand such a reference. Maybe you will. “It is nice to see the two of you together." His voice sounded warm, and the creature who appeared before the twins, while sporting the voice of the new god, was clearly not the new god.

It was a racoon.

Clasping its hands together, the creature crawled up onto a rock so that it could look the boys in the eyes, its own black gaze regarding them solemnly.

“I can fix your eyes, you know." The raccoon offered, leaning back on the stone to make itself more comfortable. “And with a great deal less rigamarole than the Goddess is likely to give you. She isn't a fan of weakness that one ... no sense involving her if it isn't necessary, hmm?" The raccoon's whiskers twitched upwards as if wincing at the thought of the Goddess scowling as she looked down on the poor, blindish stallion.

Kaos is offering to fix Roux's eyes for him! If you accept, you won't need to to use your VOTG pass! Feel free to hear his offer before you decide :)

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
In my scarecrow dreams,
(When they smash my heart into smithereens)
Be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete.

Sacre knew the Gods could be... Odd. Yet, appearing as a raccoon was a little farfetched, the fox-boy thought and he would have presumed it to be just a raccoon if it didn't open its mouth and send a shiver down his spine. The voice was familiar, it brought back memories of being tricked, of blood and death, of Nyx, but he didn't remember such warmth in this voice before, nor the raccoon for that matter. Perhaps his mind was simply playing tricks on him. The fox-boy stood there, perplexed, frowning in confusion as the raccoon crawled to a greater height only to then proclaim that he could fix his brothers eyes.

He shook his head in disbelief, how could a raccoon do that? "But—" he burst then abruptly stopped himself short before he stated the obvious, "but you're a raccoon?!" and then the fox-boy looked at Roux. His beloved twin brother, whom he loved and cared for, whose eyes were still clouded, robbing him of the joys that daylight brought with it. Sacre had promised, all those years ago, that he would fix them. A foolish promise, one he couldn't keep because he never obtained such a power, but here was one who offered to help him. No matter how unbelieving the situation appeared, Sacre would do anything for Roux, "and what would you want in return? Please, if you can help my brother..." he left it hanging, biting his lip to stop it from twitching, waiting for the Raccoon to explain itself before he looked at Roux once more, wondering what his red twin thought.

Would he prefer to seek out the Goddess once again? 

permission from Semper to post next <3 @Roux @Kaos

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
kaos

“I know what you're thinking-" The racoon says, his hands folding together as if in solemn prayer. "That pretty gray unicorn who died to save her child, yes?" He tuts sadly under his breath. “The bone monster as you all have come to think of him ... he can be unpredictable. I just wanted him to stretch his ..err bones a little bit. I did warn everyone not to get to close. And as he isn't really alive, he can't be hurt. I told you that too. But he was attacked, and defended himself..." The racoon paused, crisp eyes raising. “You wouldn't fault a lion for retaliating if attacked, would you?"

The racoon smiled sadly, then answered the boy's actual question.

"Why almost nothing at all. Down the road, I might need a favour from you. Something small - like asking you to deliver a message, or find someone for me. Nothing untoward, I can assure you. All I ask is that when the time comes, you help me, as I'm going to help you. I think that certainly sounds fair?"

Kaos is offering to fix Roux's eyes for him! If you accept, you won't need to to use your VOTG pass! Feel free to hear his offer before you decide :)