the Rift

[OPEN] every time you have to go

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
i have loved the stars too fondly,
to be fearful of the night.
She clutched the egg carefully as she made her way down the familiar path to the Edge’s gates. From here, she’d need to wait, to call for her beloved brothers and dearest niece in the effort of telling them her new adventure. She hoped they’d be happy for her, to see her go out and be able to become something without their help. She wanted to be sure, too, that the next time Bartholomeo saw her, she’d be able to prove to him that she was just as much of a pirate warrior that her wonderful brother was.

She was closer to Bartholomeo in her later years than she was with Tilney. And upon her arrival to Helovia into his embrace, she had already found that she had missed so much. Arah and Tilney had reunited, created Maude, and started a family and life in the beautiful land of the world’s edge. But it was their family and home. It wasn’t hers. She didn’t even know if the Throat was going to feel like home – but it was different, alluring, and exciting. That was all Aelfwine asked for anymore.

And of course, the attempt at being a warrior after her spar with Volterra. Now that was exciting.

Regardless, the dappled mare waited on the outside of that large metal gate, the egg tucked safely in a small bag-like thing that Aelfwine had strewn together haphazardly. She didn’t really trust the monstrosity, but it was easier than leaving the egg rolling out and about, or trying to keep the strange thing tucked away in her mane. It wasn’t small by any means. So she did the best with what she had.

After a few moments, she raised her head to the sunsetting sky, releasing a call out for Tilney, Bartholomeo, and Maude, hoping that one of them would hear and come closer. She wanted to tell them her goodbyes so that way they didn’t think she’d died or something, somewhere. She knew Bartholomeo would be less than pleased to know she was leaving, but he needed the ocean and she needed change. She figured he’d understand that someday.

"Talk."
aelfwine
image credits  ||  coding

@Tilney @Bartholomeo @Maude she's here to say she's moving <33

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

The stag had spent his day at the greenhouse; a usual spot, the place most would find him. Taking cuttings and patrising the finnicky art of propogation, Tilney had found his day a most tiring one. Upon his walk back to trewdwellan he noted a curious nicker calling out his name from the direction of the gate, one that sounded as though it bleonged to his sister and no other. Had she been travelling? Was she going travelling?
Kicking his pace upwards the stag gave a gruff snort, wishing he could just go and rest in his hollow-tree home for a while after such a strenuous day of work.

Seeing Aelfwine at the gates, Tilney wondered why she did not just come in? Why not enter and speak to them? Something was not right.
"Aelfwine?" Tilney cooed, his muscular chest pressing against the gate as he leaned his head in her direction. "Where are you going?" He murmured, eyes flicking over the peculiar egg she carried and next-to-nothing else.  The stallion's green eyes quivered ever so slightly as a realisation came creeping in from one side of his mind, hitting the over, causing a great frown to take over his countenance.
"You... You are leaving?" He pressed, brows knitting together with confusion.

What had he done? What did anywhere else have that she did not here? She had family here, was that not enough? Here she had Maude, Bartholomeo, and a whole new sister in Arah. What on earth could the Throat or the Basin, let alone an outcast life give her that they could not? Stability, fraternity and love was everything she had here; some who lived within their borders didn't have an ounce of that, yet stayed out of thankfulness. How ungrateful was she?

"Where do you think you will go!?" The chestnut boomed, his right hoof stomping into the ground.

stock image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

”Aelfwine?” Tilney’s familiar voice called from the gate, his caramel head tilted in her direction. She offered him a cheerful smile as he asked her where she was going. Inhaling deeply, she began to explain the circumstances of her departure. Of how she was going to move to the Throat, to be a warrior among the sands with new friends and new adventures, but before she could manage to muster the words, Tilney’s voice croaked once again.

You are leaving?” She began to nod quietly, her breath expelling from her nose as her nostrils flared slightly. She shifted slightly, careful to keep the egg safe as she moved until she shuddered slightly at Tilney’s next set of words. They echoed, boomed across the space between them. Immediately her pale ears flattened against her spotted neck as her brows furrowed. “No need to get flustered, Tilney.” She began, serious at first but ending in a slight giggle. “I’m going to the Dragon’s Throat. I’m going to be a warrior there.” She began, a cheery smile returning to her pink snipped lips, beginning to not care if he was going to be upset with her decisions.

She was old enough to make her own, and he didn’t have to dictate her like a child anymore. So she stood, relaxed and excited as her ears perked forward once more. “I have friends there. And while I loved being a part of the family here, you of all people would know how much I can’t stay in one place for too long!” She cheered, a soft smile resolving on her lips. “This place has been wonderful, but I want to have my own adventures and perhaps start my own family one day. Wouldn’t that be wonderful?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, emerald eyes gleaming with her excitement.

"Talk."
aelfwine

@Tilney

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

WHEN MY LUNGS COLLAPSE AND MY HEART TURNS BLACK
I'LL GIVE MY ASHES TO THE COAST

He arrives in time to hear his brother and sister's raised voices, and his stride immediately lengthens until he's almost galloping towards them. The Warlander arrives in a skid of dirt, his face a picture of misery and distress as he overhears the exchange between his siblings. "You're....you're leaving?" Sorrow creates swathes of emotion across the pirate's face as he stands, flabbergasted, in front of Aelfwine. She, moreso than any of his other relatives, is a link to his past. She knew his wife, his son, his crew. She knows what he's lost, and she understands.

But she's leaving. Betrayal flashes across Bartholomeo's face as he wanders closer, trying to smother any emotion and hide it behind a veil of coldness. He can't let her see how much this is hurting him. He wants her to stay, but if she does go then he doesn't want her thinking that her brothers hate her.

The Dragon's Throat. He doesn't know anything about that herd, but he can't help but wonder whether the man she'd been so close with at the speed dating event had something to do with it. "A warrior," he repeats numbly, his voice echoing sadly in his ears. He spies her egg, then, and his sorrow only increases - he'd love to be involved in her companion's life, to see it grow and strengthen alongside her. Of course, he's proud that she wants to be a warrior, but why in the Throat? Why not here, alongside him?

She speaks of friends, of moving around, and Bart more than anybody can understand that. He suffers from itchy feet too, yet his love of his family outweighs that. "That man you met at the dating event," he says, his features resolving into a frown. "This is his doing, isn't it? Aelfwine, if he's making you move against your will....I'll kill him." He stomps a hoof, his sides twitching where normally his swords would hang, within grabbing distance ready for him to slay that black bastard.

image credits

@Aelfwine @Tilney

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Maude had been playing along the border, chasing Tallsun butterflies as they fluttered and alighted on the shining glass of the spikes, illuminated by the sinking sun. Enamored completely with the moment, as she often is, the darling does not, at first, notice the nicker of her nearby aunt – at least not enough to investigate.

Instead, it’s the insects that lead her to her familiar, coveted Auntie Aelfwine, and her father and Uncle.

At first, looking away from the brilliant blue and midnight black butterfly she’d been cheerfully tailing at an inquisitive trot, the youth is very excited to see her family together, and even wonders if they are going on an adventure, together. Hoping she can come, she eagerly approaches, her green eyes excited, until she notices how angry, sad, or serious they all look…

“Aelfwinne, if he’s making you move against your will… I’ll kill him,” says Uncle Bart, and the maiden comes to a complete stop, her smile, sinking, sinking, until her mouth is open, and her eyes move, slowly, from her frustrated Uncle to her Auntie.

Moving?

You… you can’t go, Auntie!” she suddenly sobs, and gallops to her ashen friend and family (careful to not step on the egg); throwing herself at her chest, hoping to throw her neck about her shoulders, as if to hold her here by touch alone, the filly's heart is tight with worry and fear. The folds of her cloak drift wildly about her ankles as she comes to her sudden stop, tears already rolling down her cheeks, “Auntie Ultima left and never came back. I love you, Auntie! Even if that man isn’t making you leave, please don’t leave us!

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

Eyes quivering, maw struck full with fury, Tilney refused to allow the emotion and energy to escape. What was usually a smiling, colourful countenance had become dark and verdant, a cheast full of heavy air pulling him over. What on earth did that desolate island have that their lush forests did not have? What could any man have that He, Arah, Maude and Bartholomew did not? Eyes brimming with a single tear, a tear of hate, betrayal, disbelief, The stag's jaw dropped ever so slightly.
She was to be a warrior? Aelfwine, little Aelf, she was to be an armor-wearing shieldmaiden of the Dragon's Throat? She was to become a barbarian? His nose scrunched at the thought of his sister littered in ghastly scars, an ugly gait and all her beauty lost to war and ruin. Why would she trade what she was born with for such a brutal path?

Bartholomews approach was almost totally ignored, the chestnut simply keeping his gaze affixed upon his betrayer, though it was the words of his brother that truly sparked his fire.
"A warrior!" he roared, front feet flipping into the soil as the rare pit of rage grew within his stomach. A dating event? a man?
"What other secrets do you keep from us, sister? Shall I assume you've thrown away all of your youth and purity to this scoundrel also?". It was then that the flaxen father noticed Maude was present, her sobs soon to add fuel to the fire. His green gaze falling to the youngest doe, Tilney prayed that the child's tears would be enough to change the stubborn mare's mind.
Until this moment tilney had restrained himself, not allowing his thoughts to reach out to touch her own, though by now it was impossible to resist any longer. Instant answers to their questions lurked within Aelfwines mind, just waiting to be read.

stock image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Of course, the dappled woman’s excitement didn’t last long as Bartholomeo arrived. Dirt flying everywhere, breath heaving, and sorrow crossing his face. She tried to find the right words to tell him, to try and make it okay, and the fact that they absolutely couldn’t change her mind; but they all died as he moved closer. His voice echoing her choices in a solemn sound, but then he began to speak of the dating event. Aelfwine’s ears wavered as he began to frown. “Bart.” She began, her tone scolding. “I’ve felt this way for awhile – before the dating event. I thought that perhaps having you here would help my feeling, but it hasn’t and it’s the only thing I think I can do. I take to the heat better than the cold.” She noted, adding it in so he might understand why she chose the Throat and not the Basin.

However, in another flurry, her beautiful niece had appeared. Suddenly, tears begin spewing everywhere, as Maude approached and tossed her neck around the dappled doe’s shoulders, holding her tight. Aelfwine’s head lowered gently, embracing the pale girl as she closed her eyes, fighting away the tears of sadness and frustration. She didn’t realize it would be this difficult. “Oh darling Maude. I’m not leaving for good. I’ll come and visit, and you can always come visit me. We’ll never be too far.” She cooed quietly, aiming for the words to only be heard by Maude.

However, Tilney’s anger wasn’t lost to sister. Her own emerald gaze lingering sharply on Tilney as he spoke. “What secrets? Bartholomeo knew of the dating event – he was there too. I’m not a child, Tilney. I don’t need to be babied.” She grumbled, a frown finding her lips where an excited smile used to be. “I thought you’d all be happy for me… I was wrong.” She sighed, offering a small apologetic smile to Maude before looking up to her brothers. “You know where I’ll be. I hope you do visit.” She added in, reaching down and scooping up the egg before turning to leave.

"Talk."
aelfwine

She's turning to leave, but you can stop her if youd like! :D

@Bartholomeo @Maude @Tilney