the Rift

[PRIVATE] time to cool down

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Snow. It was patchy, melted away in sections, not as pristine or perfect as would be during the cooler months, but the reaches of TallSun had made it even this far North. It was pale, and with the light of dawn dancing across it, the patches of snow glimmered as if they were bodies of water - mirages, figments of light and imagination.

Why does everything remind me of her? she asked her beloved bonded, but it the question was rhetoric - no answer was needed and so no answer was supplied, aside from the silent, ever-present support of his soul with hers, his golden heart beating alongside hers. The image of Mirage swam between their consciousnesses, both as a dancing black figurine draped in illusionary magic, and a magnificent golden dragon queen, and then another image, of the little black mare with teats full of milk, nursing her daughters, loving her herd and her mate, giving her life to them. And another still, of the DragonHeart, the woman who wrought so much destruction across lands she only wanted to help, to build into greatness, to inspire and love and care for - but which she left in ruins, heartache, death.

Golden eyes looked out over the snowy plain, breathing the cool air, revelling in the sensation of it against her dully glowing wounds - the splashes of burns across her legs and barrel seemed to be fading some, but the gashes across her chest seemed to instead be taking on a silvery glow of their own. While the rest of her wounds would heal without permanent scarring, somehow the dragonmare knew the four lines left behind by the fire-demon's sharp claws would remain, would linger, a constant reminder of the events that had unfolded in her past.

Wandering slowly, but at least with less pain now, the dragonmare searched the bare patches of earth for something edible, and nibbled here and there at the coarse grasses which grew so far north - anything that lived this far north would surely have to be coarse and tough in order to survive.

For @Vynter and @Fenyx C:
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Vynter Posts: 7
Outcast
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: Newborn
Watermel0nBob

You were wandering because there wasn't really much else to do. It had become quite normal for you to wander off in search of the grey one. The one with the kind steel eyes and pleasant smile. The one who coughed up blood on your guardian and left you wondering where she went. You still hadn't found her body. Making a zigzag in the grass you took the time to enjoy the small patches of snow. Their cool touch was similar to your own gift; the small imprints of ice behind you the only indicator of your gift. Yet you had already explored that venture. You had tried chasing the ice prints for hours, catching them before they would disappear; but it would seem that whenever your nose would just reach them, they would vanish like they never existed. So it was with great regret that you chose to ignore the ice in your wake.

Instead you looked ahead of you in hopes of finding the grey woman. Although the evidence of her was still slim, you were determined to continue your search. That was until your eyes laid upon a winged mare with scales. You were immediately hooked, quickly ambling over with wide eyes filled with curiosity. She was obvious equine, beautiful with long legs and warm eyes. But along her body lay golden scales that framed her elegantly. Her wings were different, long and leathery; unlike the feathers you had grown accustomed to. You still had yet to find someone who had one wing like yourself. Not that it mattered really. You were unable to tear your gaze away from her beauty, reveling in the contrast of colors on her coat. Before you could stop yourself, you were ambling forward and attempting to brush your muzzle against the coarseness of her scales.

Your eyes found hers, filled with the wonder of a young child, and as your tail rapidly flapped against your rump you smiled sweetly. She was something to behold. She would have kept your attention for hours, roaming her body and figuring out if she was truly like a normal horse. But your eyes laid upon the dragon and she was suddenly chopped liver. If your eyes could grow wider they did, limbs causing you to awkwardly prance before you attempted to also approach this creature. A soft bleat left your lips, eyes grazing over the golden reptilian and sending you into a fit of excited giggles. You had found quite the find today. Soon you were prancing in circles around them both, legs curled high with each step. Your delighted laughter could be heard across the Steppe, as if you had struck gold. In your mind you felt you did.

" Speak"

V Y N T E R

"my will is a sword that cuts down anything in my way"

@Fenyx

amaris
dragonborn
The cool, crisp air was a welcome relief - she dawdled with her steps, sometimes just pausing to revel in the pleasantness of her current habitat, other times casually taking a bite of grass that was still sweet from the snowmelt and the ample sunlight encouraging its growth. Dramyrth crooned a soft song from his position in the sky above her, lazily twisting and turning as he dipped and rose on the air currents.

It took both of them a moment longer than usual to recognise that another was near enough to spot them, to feel inclined to approach them, and to actually make their way towards the draconic pair. By the time they registered what was happening, the colt was reaching out his maw to touch the dragonmare's golden hide. Her tiara curved around to view him properly; clearly he wasn't a threat to their safety, or else they would have surely reacted with viciousness, defensiveness.

He was a curious creature, a young boy of ivory and grullo, of stripes and feathers. His wings, she observed to her beloved, even as the colt's nose pressed against her. They was flawed, fused - Amaris could not see any way which the child would ever take to the skies, and she felt a great sense of sadness wash over her. He will never know, Dramyrth said, he will never know what it is he is missing, as if it was some kind of consolation. It's still sad, Amaris commented in return.

It was uncommon, but not entirely unheard of, for youths to look upon her with wonder instead of fear, to want to investigate what she was and to seek answers without concern for their own safety - it was both a curse and a blessing, for if the colt showed the same abandon for self-preservation to something as potentially dangerous as Amaris or Dramyrth could be. Still, the dragonmare welcomed his touch, his presence, and as the look of wonder overcame him when he beheld the great golden king, she could not help but laugh a soft, lilting, musical tone, as he then gallivanted about both of them.

Dramyrth, perhaps tempered by his bonded's emotional state, chose to fly about the colt in a playful manner, huffing soft breaths of frost to the air above so they could dance and frolic in a snowy slurry. It was then that Amaris noticed the icy footprints that followed him - he is gifted in other ways, she concluded, her mood lifting slightly.

He is not broken - it was cruel of me to think so, she said, admonishing herself for her own pre-judgement, when she was so oft the receiver of such things. "Hello," her soft voice intoned, as she made to follow in his icy footsteps, her posture encouraging him to dance onwards. Whoever he was, whoever he belonged to, she would follow him, and protect him, and ensure his innocence was preserved as long as possible.

For @Vynter and @Fenyx (feel free to jump in whenever you're able!) C:
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Vynter Posts: 7
Outcast
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: Newborn
Watermel0nBob

She had accepted your touch immediately, and you lingered tenderly at the touch of her roughness. The scales were still warm, lifting with each breath she took to show the life that swelled beneath them. They were real, tangible, not a prop or something of the imagination. You were entirely enraptured before pressing things took away your short attention span. It was as if the golden beast wanted to play, happily dancing in the sky and offering bouts of frost to accompany your prancing. You stopped, ignoring the ice pooling slightly around your hooves as you remained in a standstill. Icy eyes were focused on the flakes that slowly fluttered down about you, touching your skin and causing you to snort. It was cold, like the snow on the ground that didn't seem to melt. Was this where it came from? Were there giant beasts in the sky, bigger than this one, breathing out frost and blessing them all with the gift of this snowy wonder? Your mind was whirring at the potential prospect.

" Oooh," was what escaped your lips, surprised to find one of the flakes had found their way into your mouth. A squeal escaped you, rapidly blinking to process the previous sensation. It had been cold, before disappearing on your tongue and leaving only the sensation of liquid in your mouth. It tasted like water now. Was this frost another form of water? You would need to ask Miykael later. Yet you were once again thrown out of your thoughts when the woman was now speaking, gentle and polite. Her voice vaguely reminded you of the grey one's. Blinking, you tilted your head to study her. What she said you had heard before, something that others seemed to say when they were first seeing you. The opposite of Goodbye.

" Hello," you mimicked in a more matter of fact tone, studying her before stepping forward and offering your muzzle to hers. This was another thing you had watched others do after greeting someone close. Were you close to this one now? You weren't sure, because what exactly did close entail? Close in proximity? Emotionally? Hereditary? Fluttering ivory lashes you watched her, pulling back now and continuing," Vynter. Call me Vynter." That's what Miykael called you, what the grey one had chosen your title to be. Was there a different word to describe your title as? You probably would never know. So instead you walked in front of her to face her, studying her expressions; her mannerisms and movements to absorb them. She was the elder, the one that would show you what needed to be done in order to survive. Each moment was the perfect opportunity to learn. That's what you did best after all.

" Speak"

V Y N T E R

"my will is a sword that cuts down anything in my way"

@Amaris

amaris
dragonborn
Colourful, musical laughter erupts from the mare's maw, as she watched the foal's antics - the sound combined with her dragon's own gentle, playful song; it was as if they were singing a chorus and the youth was dancing to their rhythm. It was so long since Amaris had witnessed such carefree abandon, such happiness, such beautiful naivety - it was almost enough to make her yearn for a foal to call her own (almost).

Such delights were short-lived however, as concern then blossomed, for to whom and where did this foal belong? He was far too young to be so unsupervised, so free from a parent's ever-watching eye - Amaris would even wager he was too young to survive solely upon the grass they all must subsist upon, surely he would require milk to sustain him? As Dramyrth and the colt pranced and frolicked, the golden dragonmare cast her gaze far and wide, seeking, searching, drinking the barren surrounds to no avail.

'Hello,' the voice came, new and fresh into the world, and her attention fixated upon it, discarding the search for a guardian as hopeless for now. Warm breaths were shared as she bowed her tiara to his and accepted his proffered touch, pressing gently against it to show that she is welcoming of such things. 'Vynter,' he called himself, and she nodded, before purring her own title in response.

"I am Amaris," she spoke, shuffling her wings and bowing her countenance to indicate she meant herself. "That is Dramyrth," she said, as the golden king flew between them, chortling a low song to draw the attention to himself, before landing before the colt and offering a small bump of his fisted claw against his muzzle (should he allow it). She let him steal the spotlight, watching them interact with growing concern. Just who did he belong to? How would he survive - how had he survived so far?

"Come," she said simply, turning her entire self so that they would begin a walk back south - back to the heat of TallSun, but back to where she knew others. Surely someone nearby would be missing a foal - it made sense to travel to a more populated area to improve the chances of finding that someone, didn't it? At, if she managed to get him to the Edge, she could ensure he found sustenance in a suitable nurse mare, and be checked over by the healers - if he survived the journey.

"Come along Vynter," she encouraged, her nape tossing her mane to flip to the opposite side, her steps light and encouraging his dancing step to fall in alongside or behind her own. Dramyrth joined in, twirling and surfing the air surrounding them - would the colt follow?

For @Vynter and @Fenyx (feel free to jump in whenever you're able!) C:
Happy to keep going on this thread unless you would like to post at the Edge or somewhere else? Amaris is really concerned that he is unsupervised xD

and fire within me
I like being tagged!