the Rift

[OPEN] how far would you go?

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
The gilded mare didn’t know how long it had been since she ventured beyond the Edge’s borders. The last time she had done so, Kaos was revealed, and it was before she had birthed her precious child Safiri and suffered the intense worry of her life as she grew. The concern laced the creases of her eyes, her brilliant cerulean gaze was now faded, glinted with a gleam of darkness that couldn’t be placed. Her flesh was taut, tight against her bones as she moved. She had gained a bit of weight since her encounter with her son, remembering the light of her life as she spoke with him. Regardless of what happened between her and her lover, she needed to be okay, and if for nothing else, then for her children.

The day was a hot, humid one. The sun was in the middle of the sky by the time Rexanna had made it to the Thistle Meadow, a place where so many memories had occurred. Both good and bad, as was with most of Helovia now. Yet, Rexanna chose to focus on the good. This was a place where she had met so many, swam within the river, enjoyed the sounds of the birds as they sang from above, the faint knocking sound of woodpeckers up in the treetops. It was beautiful. Even when she closed her eyes, she could almost imagine herself a few years back, innocent and different. Not like she was now, when she worried for every little thing, of how the world viewed her.

Perhaps she preferred the idea of being the King’s Lover who lived in a different herd. Though while she liked the Edge, it didn’t feel as much at home as it did in the Basin. It grew easier when she saw Thranduil’s face, after helping him endure his traumatic experiences. But she hadn’t seen his face in quite some time. She worried for her friend, as she was sure many did. She hadn’t even seen her children’s faces in some time, either, aside from Kianzo. They had grown so big, towering over their mother with their mirrored, kindred faces. Faces of which that made her miss her firstborn all the more, just another ghost in her mind, lost yet tangible, and painful to watch vanish.

Marembo, her marbled polecat companion, had tried so hard to keep her mind on different things. It was weighing on the tiny creature, almost too much for him to be able to handle. Though, he prided himself with the fact that he could at least provide some outside perspective, to keep her in the know as well as provide decent conversation. It was actually his idea to bring her to the Meadow today, to ensure that Safiri was growing strong and well enough to handle being on her own for short bursts of time. And besides, he was terrified at the idea that if Rexanna didn’t change anything, that she might simply wither away into nothing.

He squealed in excitement as he scampered through the tall, lush grasses toward the river, causing a small chuckle to escape from Rexanna. It was like music to his ears as he splashed into the water, a long fuzzy snake-like creature, playfully dancing in the shallow end, swatting at bugs that arose with the anger of his rude awakening. Rexanna followed him closely, her head lowered slightly toward the small polecat, nudging his cool, wet fur playfully before stepping into the river. It felt cold at first, causing her spine to twitch with the feeling, but it began to become oh so soothing for the mare with aching joints; never mind the fact that she was dirty too. As she stepped further into the water, coming up to her chest as it splashed against her dark C marking, engraved into her pale skin, she closed her eyes contently. It began to wash away the small patches of dirt, sweat, and debris that had managed to linger there from her isolation.

After a few moments, she lowered her head and the rest of her body under the water, letting the fast currents rush over her skin and through her dual toned mane, cleaning the dirt from her face, mane, and the golden chains that she wore across her body. Then, when she lifted her head again, she finally felt at peace.

"Talk?"
rexanna
time stops still and gives you hope.
that hazy due, so black so blue,
you were always the fool.
image || coding

Open to everyone! Apologies for the novel, I haven't written her in so long ;-; <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Heat didn't always bother the dragonmare; but then, the dragonmare didn't always have burns making her skin more sensitive to such a season. Walking was becoming easier, her gait smoother - she could fly, her wings were relatively undamaged, though landings were tender affairs, so for the most part she stayed aground, grazing, recuperating, discovering new things about herself and the magic she now wielded with greater efficiency and power.

Keeping the magic at bay was almost as challenging as summoning it. The spirits she called upon seemed closer to her now, more ready to join her on this plane of existence - it wasn't so much a summon she made now, but an invitation they were more than happy to fulfil. Dramyrth's presence upon her soul and mind helped - he was not the biggest fan of the spirits who stole so much of his beloved's attention and energy away from him.

A soft snort huffed its way from the dragonmare's muzzle towards the golden dragon, who was lazily coasting on the breeze beside her. He was capricious, but courageous and loyal all the same; she loved him dearly, more than she could truly describe or fathom. He huffed an icy puff of frosty air back at her, before pumping his wings hard to rise on the meagre breeze ahead of her, scouting the area.

They walked near the river, for in such a climate, it was foolish to put distance in between one and a water source - Amaris recalled stories of the great drought, the extended TallSun cast over the lands by the Sun God, and clung to the lessons such tales left behind: water is life, without it, everything burns.

Ahead, there was movement, and not just the normal movement of the river drifting through its bends and turns and over its rocks and sandy passageways - this was splashing, caused by something foreign to the riverbed. Interest piqued as Dramyrth observed from on high, the antics of the gilded mistress and her companion -- a likely meal, the golden king thought sadistically, though Amaris swiftly shunted that idea from both their heads -- the dragonmare approached first with some concern that they may be struggling, but soon settled for content amusement as she watched them frolic and bathe in the waters.

"That looks refreshing," she called softly, a smile upon her lips - she did not want to be spotted observing like some hunter stalking prey, and so announced her presence in the hope of dispelling any worries before they arose. "Would you mind if we join you?" she asked, approaching to the point where the water lapped at her fetlocks and tugged at the hair which decorated her elongated tail, her golden gaze genuine, kind and inquisitive as she hesitated and awaited permission to make any further advancements.

@Rexanna
Amaris has healing burns upon her legs and on the right side of her barrel which are glowing temporarily, she also has 4 gashes across her chest which glow silver - I just couldn't work them into this rambly mess of a post xD
Hope it's OK for Amaris to show up~

Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
the Ocean’s Light
A bright star—
so no one lets you down.
I will shine to guide you.
“It sure is a lot warner down here, isn’t it?” She says to the little whale at her side, smiling to herself as the Leviathan trills a low, slightly disgruntled whistle in agreement. The oceanic pair have gotten used to the chill of their mountain home, and while the heritage of her hot-blooded ancestors still keeps her coat satin-thin, Tiamat wouldn’t change the Basin for the world. She sighs blissfully, breathing in the fresh scents of nature as it blooms, only roused when she hears splashing in the distance.

Raising her head and fixing her ears attentively forward, the Ocean’s Light watches the distant figure, dressed in gold and brilliant against the meadow’s earthen hues. “Hello!” The sea maiden calls out pleasantly, even if it might be too far a distance for the other unicorn to hear her. With pearly eyes glistening beneath the sun’s rays, she waits for the stranger to answer—instead, the golden figure disappears altogether! Tiamat finds herself stumbling in confusion before she surges forward. “Hello?! Are you alright?” Cloven hooves pick up a faster pace, carrying her sapphire body swiftly through the lavender blossoms and tall grasses.

As the distance melts away beneath her feet, she begins to see the stranger more clearly. With a cold sense of horror suddenly pouring through her glass heart, Tiamat realizes that the figure is under water. While this is not a problem for her, she knows that it is not common for an equine to be able to breathe within the water’s depths—clearly, something must be wrong, and whether or not to offer her help is not a question in her mind (too late does she realize that someone else has arrived at the riverbanks as well).

Just as the ocean Lady prepares to leap into the gentle-flowing river, the figure raises their head out of the water—and she discovers that it is not a stranger at all. “Oh—Rexanna! It’s you!” Tiamat crows with elated surprise, a wide grin brightening her features. However, the force of her motion continues to push her over the grassy banks, and with a little squeal of surprise, the Lady goes tumbling into the clear waters.

Sputtering and coughing, once she is able to regain her balance on the river bottom and thrust her head up to the surface, Tiamat turns to properly face her old friend. “Rexanna!” She cries happily again, reaching out to brush the other mare’s nose with a familiar warmth. “I haven’t seen you in…I don’t even know how long it’s been,” the Ocean’s Light chuckles blithely, shaking her head at the memories (and turning briefly to comfort Nimue, who was frightened and agitated when Tiamat stumbled gracelessly into the river).

Remembering that they are not alone, the sea mare looks up, squinting against the intensity of the sun. “And a pleasure to meet you! I’m Tiamat,” she smiles brightly up to the peculiar mare standing on the banks, welcoming the stranger as she does anyone into her fledgling heart. Waiting politely for her greeting to be received (the stranger’s wounds not going unnoticed, and she makes a mental note to inquire of them later), Tiamat turns again to Rexanna, hardly able to contain her bubbling excitement. “How are you, my friend?”

notes; I had my post nearly done before I saw that Whit posted, so I edited it, I hope it isn't too choppy!<333
“Speech.”

image credits
@Rexanna @Amaris
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Everything had begun to feel alright. After so many months of lingering in a cave, afraid to stray too far from her troubled daughter, she had desperately needed a bath. Tallsun had become hot, and quite humid in the Edge. And as she dipped below the surface, and the black firework markings of her passive magic began to dot her pale and cream pelt, covering over the glaring “C” in the same color on her flesh, she began to remember just how much she’d changed since coming to the Edge. She was active before, she was somebody. People ultimately knew of who she was, whether it good or bad. Her name sat in the lips of many, waiting to fall.

But now she felt like a ghost of that person, hidden away to wither. She didn’t even notice as another gilded creature appeared, adorned in scales with a dragon companion. Her eyes opened quietly as the mare’s words reached her ears, soft and sweet. A smile graced the pale lips of Rexanna as she nodded, stepping a bit to make room for the mare. “Oh, not at all!” Her voice was pleasant, a soft chime of sound with a honey undertone. Marembo from his spot in the water, waved a timid hello to the duo. Then, as she looked upon the mare, she noticed the glowing scar and the burn markings. Immediately concern began to cross her features.

Before she could ask, however, Marembo began to shriek a high pitched squeal of excitement before racing through the water to a familiar face. “Oh- Rexanna! It’s you!” She’d recognize that voice anywhere. As she began to tumble into the water, Rexanna quickly moved toward her friend. “Tiamat?!” She crooned with a happy whinny. As Tiamat reached out to brush noses with her, Rexanna moved her own wet muzzle toward the familiar mare, their whiskers brushing by one another with a gentle exchange of breath. “Oh, it’s been so long! I haven’t left my cave in the Edge for two seasons now.” She admitted somewhat sheepishly.

Then, when Tiamat began to speak to the dragon-like mare, Rexanna smiled brilliantly to her. “I’m Rexanna, since I didn’t get to introduce myself before, and this is Marembo.” She added behind Tiamat, then pointing toward the polecat that was reaching to try and touch the leviathan. He was so much larger than she had last seen, and excitement resonated in his small chest at having found a friend after so long. After all, Marembo and Rexanna were there when the companion hatched!

How are you, my friend?” Tiamat then questioned the gilded siren. At first, Rexanna shrugged her shoulders slightly before sighing a small laugh. “I could be better, honestly. I gave birth early Birdsong to a beautiful little girl. Though it’s been difficult to go anywhere. I think she has a heart condition.” She admitted, a small frown crossing her features. “But Kiada and Kianzo have grown so big, so strong. I often wonder where the time has gone.” She admitted with another small laugh before turning to Amaris. “I’m sorry about being so chatty! It’s been almost a year I think since we’ve seen each other. We used to be herdmates in the Basin before I moved to the Edge.” She explained, doing the best she could to try and make sure the mare still felt she was welcome. She wanted to ask Tiamat about the Basin, but chose to refrain for the time being, not wanting to exclude the other mare.

"Talk?"
rexanna
image || coding

@Amaris @Tiamat

Simple, pure elation filled the mare as her proposal was accepted by the horned belle; who was up until a moment ago held a stunning canvas of gold and ivory and was changing where water touched her. Amaris watched, fascinated, as the inky lines drew themselves across the other's body, accentuating curves and edges in a curious, beautiful way. Just as she motioned to take a step closer, a shout, a splash, and a tumble occurred.

The stunning creature who had just entered the scene seemed to be a part of the very river they all roamed upon; she was elemental, a minx of water, a fey of moisture and rain. And she was accompanied by a companion the dragonmare - nor her own dragon - had ever seen before. Ocean-dweller, the golden king commented, sifting through Amaris' own memories of the journeys over seas and oceans, of recollections of the massive shadows beneath the water's surface signifying gargantuan creatures beneath. But how..? - it didn't really matter, truly, for in Helovia, most things could be easily explained by the fact that they were in Helovia.

As the water settled and the conversation ebbed and flowed, Amaris enjoyed the splashes that soothed her wounds almost as much as the display of friendship and affection so generously given and received. There is kindness still in this world, she thought wistfully, not sorry at all to be on the outskirts of such displays, merely happy to see that it still existed; her recent interactions in Helovia had not been nearly as kindhearted or welcoming.

"The pleasure's mine," the dragonmare's warm, musical tones commented when the appropriate time came for her to contribute to the conversation. "I am Amaris, and this is Dramyrth," she said, as the golden king cooed a greeting of his own to the gathered, swooping closer with a flourish of his wings and shimmering scales to inspect each being present in turn, as was his wont. "I apologise for intruding, but the river is too tempting on a day such as today." With tender steps, she continued her journey into the water, admiring the other mares as she did so, bowing her maw to the water's surface and lipping at it as it rose to her chest height, and struggling to hide to expression of sheer relief that adorned her façade as it soothed and cleansed the burns and gashes upon her hide.

"You have been through so much," she said, "it is nice to see a demonstration of love and support in lands that is rife with just the opposite." A small, sad smile touched her lips; though she as grateful for the life she held and the friends and family that existed in it for her, there was no doubt that she felt slighted for the time that had been stolen from her, as well as the creature who had inflicted the glowing burns upon her. "Please, feel free to continue conversing; I promise I do not mind if you don't," it was a genuine statement, spoken with warm tones that invited further input - she did not have much more to contribute, not yet anyway - not while she was so distracted by the wonderfully cool, soothing, almost tranquilising effect of the water upon her aching skin.

@Rexanna @Tiamat
Don't mind Amaris while she starts her own Rexamat fanclub xD
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

the Ocean’s Light
A bright star—
so no one lets you down.
“Two seasons?” The ocean mare echoes her golden friend with both surprise and concern coloring her features, her voice so hushed that the words are practically mouthed. While Tiamat certainly enjoys her cave within the Aurora Basin, she can’t imagine what it would be like to not leave it for two seasons. Questions immediately bubble up to the tip of her tongue, wondering why Rexanna would remain sequestered for so long, or what events transpired to keep her in the darkness, but movement from her companion distracts the blue Lady.

Recognizing Marembo as the strange creature from her hatching (partly from Tiamat’s memories, since the Leviathan’s are largely hazy in the beginning), the little whale glides over to him. Allowing the lower part of her fins to skim the surface of the moving water, Nimue eyes the polecat, having seen nothing like him since. Slowly, she extends her round head forward and into the furry little palm, trilling a slow whistle.

Tiamat can’t help but smile to herself, gesturing to her precious Leviathan with her curved horn. “And that is Nimue,” she adds to the end of Rexanna’s introductions, because she doesn’t remember introducing her companion before. Sweeping her pearly eyes then to the dragon-scaled mare, Tiamat is quick to reassure her. “You’re not intruding! If anything, it was I who intruded with my less-than-graceful entrance,” she laughs merrily at herself, tossing her head in humor, hair still slick and dripping from her unwitting waltz into the river’s depths. “A pleasure to meet you, Amaris—and Dramyrth,” the Lady inclines her head to both of them, her words far more sincere than a simple phrase to carry on the conversation.

When it is time for Rexanna to answer her question, her former herd mate quickly absorbs her attention, and even despite the generous compliments that Amaris offers (which truly cause her heart to glow with warmth and happiness) there is a lingering sense of concern that puckers her brow. “Rexanna is a beautiful soul,” Tiamat agrees with her newfound friend, casting a short but brilliant smile to Amaris, before her anxious eyes return to the gilded mare. “How strange it is to have your babies all grown! I’m happy to hear they are doing well. Have the Moon Doctors taken a look at your newest little girl? I would offer to try and heal her myself, but I’m afraid I only have herbs that would help alleviate any discomfort for a condition like that—I no longer have healing magic,” she tilts her head sadly.

However, suddenly realizing that it has been that long since she has seen Rexanna, she recognizes that her dear friend wouldn’t know her latest news. “Oh!—I have been promoted to Lady of the Aurora Basin,” Tiamat crows with delight, truly honored (and quite daunted, frankly) by the title that the Time God has recently crowned her with. It is a responsibility that she doesn’t take lightly, even though it is thrilling to serve her beloved mountain home.

Still, news like this usually comes as a double-edged sword. By the time she continues, Tiamat’s features have sobered from her usual cheer. “Hotaru has disappeared, I’m afraid—have you seen her recently, by chance?—and Deimos…Deimos has passed away,” she lowers her head so that her lips brush the water’s glassy surface, her gaze dropping to her cloven hooves, now webbed as she stands on the river bottom. Even though it’s been nearly half a year since the Reaper’s death, the grief is still fresh in the sea maiden’s heart. She does not know if Rexanna is already aware of this information, but it is at least comforting to know that they will both understand one another’s sorrow. Deimos had been a great and noble leader for them.

“I meant to ask about your wounds,” Tiamat suddenly breaks the grieving silence when her lowered eyes trail again to Amaris’ glowing burns, her healer’s heart grasping at the distraction. “No doubt the water feels good, but if you need anything more to help ease the pain, or prevent infection, let me know—I can help,” the Ocean’s Light smiles, once more as bright and sparkling as the sunlight that filters around them.

notes; Sorry it's all over the place ;-;
“Speech.”

image credits
@Rexanna @Amaris

Her soft blue gaze lingered on Tiamat for a few moments as she mouthed ‘two seasons’ with a small solemn nod and a slight roll of her shoulders, her golden chains shifting with the movement. Though as the conversation moved on and Marembo was enjoying seeing Nimue, Rexanna’s attention remained fondly on her old and new friends. A small chuckle escaped Rexanna’s lips as Tiamat expressed her ungraceful entrance. Then, the scaled mare introduced herself and Rexanna offered yet another dip of her head, shifting her weight in the chilled water, relishing in the bath. “It’s nice to meet you, as well.” She added in after Tiamat spoke.

Then, the conversation shifted to her. As Amaris spoke, acknowledging the struggles that the ex-Thief had gone through, she lowered her head a bit shying away. Though, she had to agree with the dragonmare. “You’re very right, Amaris. It’s hard to find someone with good intentions anymore.” A slightly awkward laugh escaped her lips, though she was honest in her words. Then, she turned to Tiamat as she spoke, blushing if she could. “I wish Tembovu thought the same.” She laughed again quietly. “It’s been a lot harder than I originally thought, he’s extremely busy I guess.” She offered another shrug. Though she motioned to Marembo as he continued to try and pat Nimue’s soft skin. “At least I have Marembo, though.” She noted, offering a gentle grin.

But then, Tiamat began to speak of Kiada and Kianzo, and how perhaps a healer might be able to take a look at Safiri, but she offered her oceanic friend a small smile. “We’ve tried. The healing magic of the Moon Goddess can’t cure it, unfortunately. Tembovu’s father had a similar issue, though, that we think has happened with her.” She admitted gently before Tiamat spoke of her promotion. Immediately, Rexanna’s head swung toward her blue friend with wide eyes, forgetting of all the sadness that had just occurred. “Congrats, Tia!!” She exclaimed with a bright grin. “You’ll make a wonderful Lady.” She spoke once again with a slight wink and chuckle.

Then, however, Rexanna began to ponder on what happened with Hotaru if that meant that Tiamat was now the Lady of the Basin. Was she alright? Did her and Thranduil disappear at the same time? As if Tiamat could read her mind, she expressed her concern for Hotaru’s disappearance, and a frown crossed Rexanna’s features at her once called friend. Then, before she could say no, as she began to shake her head, Tiamat offered more disheartening information. “He… what?” She whispered, her mouth growing slack with surprise and sheer shock. “I’m so sorry.” It came out as an echo after her words as she looked down toward the water in her disbelief.

Rexanna never thought Deimos of all people in the Basin would die. And as Tiamat began to focus on Amaris and her wounds, Rexanna remained confused and saddened by the information. “Is he buried in the Basin? I’d like to come and pay my respects, if that’s alright with you, Lady of the Basin?” She questioned quietly after everything, a small saddened smile breaking across her pale lips. “If I find a way to make a sled for my daughter Safiri, I could bring her with so you could meet her.” Her voice was soft, a bit more hopeful at the prospect of a sled. Perhaps that’s what they needed for the child so she could finally see the world.

"Talk?"
rexanna
image || coding

ooh mines all over the place too, i apologize xD @Amaris @Tiamat

The other mares spoke, catching up on each others' lives, including Amaris in such a way that even though she was nothing more than an intruder, a stranger, she felt like she belonged, like she was a member of their exclusive club, like they genuinely meant it when they said she could stay, could partake, could interact and be involved without needless waves of guilt rising up within her. The gentle tug of the river's current against her wounds both promoted a gentle ache but a soothing numbing effect upon her skin - she could not hide the pleasure she felt as the itch of healing burns was alleviated. Dramyrth, feeling the sensations as if they were his own through the bond, settled upon her barely-visible withers and purred comfortingly, pleased his bonded's ailments were alleviated (however temporary).

The flow and ebb of the conversation was a constant hum, as bendy and unending as the river they all stood in. Golden eyes watched as the features of the two belles she stood with changed before her very eyes - it appeared water had curious effects on the appearances of the others; Amaris watched as the changing coats and appearances seemed to dance and move along to the same rhythm as the conversation. She listened to the mares' stories, to the tales of children being born, promotions, and - death.

Several thoughts, memories, stories of past occurrences swam through her mind. Her mother's voice narrated most of them; Amaris recalled it all in exquisite detail. 'Being a Queen and a mother is no easy task - there were times I never left the borders of the Edge with the aim of keeping my daughters safe. Of course, that never stopped you from leaving the borders.' And then, stories from before she was born, from the times when war ravaged the land came to her mind, of a stallion so feared, so powerful, it was hard to believe him merely a mortal man, for he carried death wherever he walked - to be near him was to feel one's life be drained away. 'The Reaper was aptly named, he left devastation and dust in his wake, he had the ability to take the very lifeforce from all souls who drew near him. And yet, to be that person, to wield that power, one must be strong of mind and temperament lest he become a monster consumed by it. Deimos has inspired an entire herd to follow him - I do not know the beast intimately, but if you see the way his herd reveres him - not from fear, but from loyalty, from love, you can surmise that quietly, he is not so different from you or I.'

And yet, Amaris had no direct memories of her own to contribute - she had been removed, time had literally slipped away from her, she had no personal accomplishments, no children, barely a rank - you are in a herd now, with your family, you are my bonded, you are a better mare than you were yesterday, Dramyrth contributed firmly, purring all the more determinedly upon her withers as he did so, attempting to steer her mental state back to the pleasant contentedness it was just minutes prior. "I am sorry for your loss(es)," she offered, knowing it would be useless to mention the passing of her mother (which, for her, was also half a year ago, but more than two years had passed for the rest of Helovia, who would surely have forgotten the DragonHeart).

"Oh," she said, as Tiamat enquires about her burns, "thank you. My cousin sealed out infection and closed the wounds with her magic, and Dramyrth helps ensure they stay clean. But I will keep your offer in mind!" The conversation soon turned to Rexanna arranging a visit north, and Amaris couldn't help but want to help, to assist, in any way she could, so she offered herself to them. "I'd be happy to assist you and your daughter on the journey if I can; I too would like to pay my respects to the fallen." She realised she had not offered much information about herself, that she was a perfect stranger to these mares, making plans to intrude even further upon their lives - they probably think I'm some kind of stalker, or informant, a spy seeking only information from them to use against them. "I recently re-joined the Edge; I was born there, but wandered away for some time.. What I mean to say is, if you'll have me, I'd like to help my new.. friends?" It was proffered with hope, with anticipation; it inspired anxiety to rise unexpectedly within her, for the dragonmare had not labelled other souls this title so swiftly before, but somehow, with these ladies, she felt it a safe bet, a gamble worth taking, where the winnings would be friendships to last a lifetime.

@Rexanna @Tiamat
WALL OF TEXT I'M SORRY
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

the Ocean’s Light
A bright star—
so no one lets you down.
The light in the blue Lady’s eyes brightens when the golden mare crows her delight, congratulating the ocean mare on her promotion, and assuring her that she will do the Basin well. “Thank you!” Tiamat returns, a thread of laughter in her voice. It is a daunting task, truly, and she is ever fearful that she will fail her beloved people (it seems far too easy to do so, at times, and she has lost more than a night’s sleep wrestling with her new duties). Even so, the sea maiden is not one to give up in the face of responsibility, and each day, she renews her vow to do the best she can for the northern herd.

However, right now Tiamat has no time (thankfully) to wallow selfishly in her own worries. She extends her velvety muzzle towards Rexanna, and brushes softly against the bridge of the other mare’s nose. “I hope, somehow, you are able to get help for your little girl. At least she has two parents who love her,” the sapphire of her lips curls into an encouraging smile, the gesture reaching upwards to wrinkle the corners of her eyes. Of course, she can’t even begin to understand all that her gilded friend might be suffering through. Tiamat has no children, she has no mate, and her health is as flourishing as ever. Nevertheless, her heart is ever trying to understand, and she offers all she can to bolster Rexanna’s spirits.

“Family is so important,” the ocean Lady croons, drawing back from the golden mare and broadening her attention to include Amaris, who speaks of the help of her cousin. She smiles at them both, her expression warm and sparkling beneath the summer sun. Despite any sorrow, this warmth deepens to delight as their conversation continues—when Rexanna suggests a visit to the Basin, and Amaris generously offers her aid. Tiamat can’t help but nod in excitement. “I would love if you would do that! I’ll be happy to meet Safiri, and it would be nice to see you among the mountains again,” she winks gently towards the gilded mare.

So much has changed in such a short amount of time—it will be comforting to have familiar faces at her side in the wake of the great Reaper’s passing (his absence still shakes the newly-crowned Lady on some days, when she feels so small, and longs for the steady comfort he had always given). It soothes her aching heart to know that she doesn’t have to endure any of it alone. “Deimos is buried in the Basin, yes—we’ve made him a tomb within his cave. Please, don’t hesitate to visit, my friends,” her gaze lingers for a moment on the dragon mare, cementing this sisterly bond, and overjoyed for it.

notes; SORRY FOR THE WAIT I'M THE WORST ;-;
“Speech.”

image credits
@Rexanna @Amaris

The conversation shifted to Amaris about her wounds, and Rexanna found her head swiveling toward the dragonmare with a soft smile still lingering on the corners of her pale muzzle. As Amaris explains that her wounds have been tended and that her companion was helpful, the ex-thief nodded softly. Then, the mare offered her assistance to a trip north. Her smile grew wider and Rexanna offered a more vigorous nod. “That would be wonderful! I’m sure my daughter would love to meet you.” Her voice was hopeful yet somewhat quiet, hoping that the mare wouldn’t take it the wrong way.

As she began to mention that she had recently rejoined the Edge, Rexanna’s pale ears perked forward again as another excited nod left her. “I would love that. The Edge, despite being a large herd, can feel a bit lonely at times.” She added, turning her head to Tiamat as she added her own opinions in. As she winked toward Rexanna, a soft laugh escaped her lips. “It would be nice to be a part of them again.” She noted with another wink directed toward the Ocean’s Light. After a few more moments of enjoying the company, Tiamat added in that the they had made a tomb for him, and Rexanna smiled softly on the idea.

He would have loved that.” She muttered slightly, her gaze dropping to the water as it lapped against Marembo and her own pelt. After a few moments, she lifted her head once again, looking to her friends. “I will be there, as with Safiri. For now, I should probably go and make sure she hasn’t gotten into too much trouble.” She noted with another chime of laughter. She then reached her muzzle out to Tiamat in the hopes the mare would take the parting touch, before dipping her head to Amaris and heading to the water’s edge. The black firework markings that lined her gilded coat from the water had already begun to dry slightly from the heat of the sun overhead, shifting her pelt from a dark black back to the pale cream and gold it had once been.

Don’t be a stranger, okay?” She added, both to Tiamat and Amaris before lowering her head and allowing the soaking wet polecat to climb up onto her back.

"Talk?"
rexanna
image || coding

sorry for the wait ;-; i figured it would be easier to end it here! We could always have another one thats more recent :D <3 @Tiamat @Amaris

That was it - they were friends, albeit new ones, fresh ones who still knew so little about each other they could still be strangers, but they were friends. It was a curious notion to Amaris, to so treasure the regard of others, to want them to notice her, to think well of her, to accept that she might care for them, grow to love them in the platonic, friendly way she was wont to do. They accepted her presence, her nervous offers of friendship and assistance, and she could not help but beam in response, her smile radiant, her posture relaxing as muscles released the tension that had unwittingly built up from the cascade of thoughts tumbling through her mind.

Though Amaris is not part of the main conversation, that she is included even by being permitted to mostly listen and nod along, she cherishes the moment, much to her draagon's confusion. He is curious why they wouldn't pay more attention to her, his queen, his dragonmare of golden scales and pewter skin, of magnificence and grace, of kindness and generosity. Hush, Amaris quietened his thoughts down, not plagued by such vain thoughts - hers were quite the opposite, though there was no point dwelling on them lest she depress everyone and everything around her.

She listened to the talk of the Reaper's grave, to the plans to venture North, and she hoped when the occasion came about she would indeed be able to assist the mare in her journey, to pay her respects, and perhaps learn more about the legend that was her mother all the while. She would be lying if she said some hint of anxiety did not rise up within her at the thought of journeying North, and she shivered where she stood in the river, but that motion was easily passed off for standing in the cool water too long, with burns affecting her body's internal temperature gauge all the while.

The time came swiftly when they would be departing, and Amaris smiled at the mare as she pulled herself out of the water, watching with quiet awe the way the fireworks across her hide faded into a golden pelt. Amaris, though sexually straight, could appreciate beauty in all things, no matter their gender, their orientation, their species. Rexanna was gorgeous, there was no denying, and her beauty was clearly heightened by the kind smiles and words her heart shared with the world. If Amaris had been prone to feeling envy, she might have, for this mare had everything she had longed for: a family, friends, and an appearance easily accepted by strangers, unlike her own.

"Until next time, Rexanna" her warm ones farewelled the unicorn, her own muzzle nodding as she slowly made her own way to the water's edge.

Then there was Tiamat, the light of the ocean, the kindly soul who seemed only to care about others. With her curious companion (who Dramyrth flew wary circles above), her easy smile and queenly title no less, Amaris was left in awe once more, not sure what to make of the entire interaction except simple happiness that she had gained friendships from it all. "Thank you, Tiamat; I'll be sure to visit as soon as I am able," the dragonmare promised, before making her own departing motions, bowing her tiara and pulling herself free from the water's clutches at last.

"I best get back to the herd; know that you are welcome in the Edge whenever you wish it, as well, friend."

@Rexanna @Tiamat
Just wrapping this up ^^ Amaris out <3
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

the Ocean’s Light
A bright star—
so no one lets you down.
The Ocean’s Light smiles softly, glancing between the two mares who stand beside her, overjoyed by both the rejuvenation and blossoming of friendships. Inevitably, it comes time for them to say their farewells, and Tiamat refuses for it to be a somber affair. This day has turned out to be far more beautiful than she could have ever hoped for—there is no need to leave it tarnished by the sorrow of goodbyes. So with a tender smile gracing her velvet lips, she accepts her golden friend’s touch, breathing in her familiar scent and keeping it for promises of future meetings.

Rexanna then climbs the short, damp bank and leaves the river, Tiamat watching with wordless awe as the mare’s coat stills and shifts back to its natural colors as it dries. “I hope to see you again soon, let us not allow so much time to pass before we meet next time; I will await your arrival eagerly,” the blue Lady says with laughter in her voice, looking up now to her former herd mate. Nimue trills a short whistle to Marembo before the little polecat climbs up to his bonded’s back, offering a whale’s grin in farewell. “Take care, my friend,” Tiamat smiles, eyes sparkling, before Rexanna returns to her home and family.

With the golden mare gone, her attention turns to the dragon mare. Dainty ears slant forward with Amaris’ words, her grin widening happily across her expression. “I appreciate your invitation, Amaris, and hope to make good on it sooner rather than later. I have yet to see the Edge for myself,” Tiamat shakes her head with a little breath of laughter, watching as Amaris prepares to take her leave as well. Bowing her head, Tiamat speaks fondly to her newfound friend, “It was a pleasure to meet you,” and before long, the ocean pair is left alone with the river.

notes; It's short and awkward but I LOVED this thread <333
“Speech.”

image credits
@Rexanna @Amaris