the Rift

[PRIVATE] dirty laundry

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
SUNJATA

He was a newly appointed Informant, much to his surprise. It was a welcome change, however, as the bluejay wandered the Throat for what seemed endless with nothing interesting in sight. Having something he could keep his mind on other than trying to find his lost sister was relieving. Especially when he received his first task – to either obtain a key from an ex-member, or invite them back to live in the Throat. There were variables involved, and Sunjata knew he’d need to be prepared to give the man options, without it resorting into violence.

But it was so hard to find someone you’d never even seen before. He had a name, and that was it. It made it nearly impossible to seek someone out that could be anywhere in Helovia, and so he settled on the idea of searching around the Heart Caves in case Misael had not strayed far. Before he left, however, he had approached his new Sultana, Ampere. She knew of the man, and would have a ton more information on the man than he could have.

The trip to the Heart Caves felt more like a hop rather than a journey. As he landed near the fire, he let his wings droop slightly, letting his teal feathers leave little marks in the sand as he walked. His ivory head lifted high as his icy eyes scouted the area. The sun beat down heavily, and his dark markings retained it heavily. He was thankful to have the short mane he did, especially in this instance being so close to the fire.

So, who is this Misael?” He questioned quietly with his thick accent. His understanding of the Helovian language was getting better, despite his urges to slip back into Korofi. He was doing the best he could with what he had, he only hoped it made enough sense.

"Talk."

they wanted a monster.
i decided to give them one.

image credits

@Ampere @Misael asking if Mis wants to join the Throat again, and if not if they can get the key back! :)

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

In the turmoil of the political transitions the herd had endured, things had slipped through the cracks, so to say. Some of their past members wandered the Wilds, lost, whether purposeful or otherwise. That alone was bad enough, but some of them had a precious thing, keys to the city.

So it was something she and Volterra were hasty to resolve, by whatever means necessary, but for one horse Ampere decided a more diplomatic approach would be necessary given his long standing in the sands. Despite Misael's tenure, Ampere couldn't say she knew much about the stallion. In her experience sneaks liked to keep to themselves, doings Gods know what sneaks do all day. Ampere was never quite sure, because all the sneaks the herd had rotated through always seemed to be so good at their role that she could never find them, or proof of their job. Whether this was evidence of their skill or their absence remained a constant battle in her mind, but overall it concluded in her poor opinion of the rank and the profession they chose.

It was perhaps why Ampere's gaze was partially guarded as she moved with Sunjata, glancing at him from the corner of her eye with suspicion born of his predecessors. That and well, she had no clue why in the Sun's Light he chose the sneaky route- he seemed much more suited for her favored career as a warrior.
"He was a sneak before," she commented simply to Sunjata's query, doing her best to reserve judgement on the man just yet. At least he was doing his job, and she could tell. "He's been part of the herd for some time, which makes his sudden abandonment all the more odd, especially with his key- he's helped us get lost ones back before, he knows how precious they are." Of course what one decides to do with their knowledge is apt to change. She hoped Misael hadn't changed, merely strayed.

"I don't know much more... he was a quiet sort, but nice enough." Her shoulders rolled like a shrug, dismissive of the lack of information she had on this member. It was a reminder of her need to get to know the others better, like Sunjata here for example.
"He's colorful," she added suddenly as an aside, "and handsome." She grinned, unabashed. Admittedly, most of the Throat was good looking, and Sunjata didn't escape that label either.

She glanced sidelong at him, scrutinizing him in a different way.
- table - art -

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
SUNJATA

Sunjata’s gaze remained on his surroundings. He took in every little movement that surrounded them, from the way the wind blew the sand into different patterns, to the intense flickering the flame provided, despite the fact the light from the flame was hardly noticeable as the sun beat down from above. He tightened his wings across his back, the tri toned feathers lacing themselves comfortably along his dark navy spine. When Ampere’s words reached his ears, he nodded. His head swiveled toward her, wondering how difficult it would be to try and find a sneak of all things.

He simply nodded along with the explanation she gave, pondering the variability that the man might be hurt and need help returning to his home. It settled comfortably within the blue jay’s mind, that the Throat was beginning to feel more and more like a family. Family looked after one another, and even if Misael wasn’t a part of the Throat anymore, it seemed they still held concern. That was proof enough for Jata.

But then she continued, talking of his colors and how handsome he was. A grin spread across Jata’s lips as a deep chuckle rumbled from his throat. “O, ek sien.” He admitted in his native tongue, the language sounded rough and patchy as it left his lips. It was a simple admittance, saying that he understood. Then, he sought her gaze once again with the charming grin remaining on his maw. “We were quite colorful too, where I came from.” He admitted, his gaze leaving her to stare off into what seemed like a world beyond. “Though if I had to be honest, I much prefer the color blue.” He flashed a wink in her direction before returning his attention on the task at hand, unsure how she’d take the idea that he was flirting (or at least attempting to) with his superior.

Misael?!” He called out across the sands after a few moments, ears perked and strained, listening for anything that might be this handsome, colorful man Ampere had described.

"Talk."

O ek sien - oh, I see.

they wanted a monster.
i decided to give them one.

image credits

couldn't help it :x

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Not for the first time, Ampere recognized her allure towards exotic men. Something about the way their tongues rolled differently over syllables was... sensual. Her feathers prickled slightly, like a wave of goosebumps, when he spoke again in his native tongue. "Where might that be?" Ampere asked casually, her head tilted faintly as she wondered what strange land he hailed from, and all its colorful horses, apparently. She had traveled often in her youth, but the world was vast and there was still much she was ignorant to, even here in just the realm of Helovia.

At his color preference Ampere gave a light laugh, flashing one of her traditionally lopsided grins that only seemed to enhance the wildness of her features, especially with her asymmetrical markings. "I would agree it's one of the best colors," she remarked with a returned wink, undaunted and just as willing to admire him.

As Misael's name was called out and they waited some time, Ampere gave a lofty sigh. Much as she'd enjoy standing around flirting with Sunjata, she had other tasks to attend to as Sultana. "Looks like he isn't going to show. I'd hoped he might return..." she gave a distant look before shaking her head. "I'm going to head back, track him down won't you and get what we need since a chat doesn't seem worth it any more."

She turned and aimed to pass closely by him, to brush her wing against the side of his body. She aimed a playful nip at his rump before she broke into a canter, wings flared to gain altitude, and took to the skies. She shouted down at him before flying off, "Good luck blue boy, and don't tarry too long!"
She was loath to leave him alone with the threat of Kaos, but sneaks worked best alone she knew. Still, perhaps she'd send a warrior out to check on him, and Misael might need more than just a sneak...
- table - art -

@Nephele figured you might wanna post here for IC background? Could say Ampere got her at the Throat!

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.