the Rift

[OPEN] Summer Chores

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Loitering next to a bubbling spring, his startling blue eyes watching the water murmur curiously, was Sacre who had been travelling through the Hidden Falls for the first time. The decision to come here hadn't been terribly difficult, being a nosy lad, and a terrible procrastinator, the fox-boy often found the time to be out doing everything but what he should actually be doing. The life of a healer, he had found, was a sedate one that required his diligence and knowledge, rather than that of brute strength or any great cunning. Even the fact he had the time to go out into the wilds, rather than staying back home, was actually a good sign for a Doctor he thought, there wasn't an abundance of sick or injured, no epidemics and no great impending doom to worry about... yet. These days Sacre divided his time between his healing duties, battle practise (begrudgingly) and meddling in the wilds—the latter being his most favourite.

However, now he was here, and after noticing an odd looking plant on his nosy around the Falls, he decided he might as well do a few chores before returning back to the misty cliff tops.

Turning away from the curiously bubbling spring, Sacre and his two beady-eyed friends set off to do some harvesting of what the Hidden Falls had to offer. A storm rumbled in the distance as they did so, brewing behind the crumbled remains of the mountains, ominously flashing now and then. It was still quite hot and sticky causing a grimace or two from the fox-boy as he travelled, he was never really into Tallsun and its love of heat, even now he longed for a good snowdrift to throw himself into, like he used to when he had been just a small colt. 

Quite suddenly, Inari made a small noise of triumph, he was stood in front of the plant they had seen earlier, a sooty forepaw carefully batting the top of the plant. Almost like an echo, Ríona cooed at another, tails dancing as she sat down next to it and Sacre delicately began to try extract them from the stubborn earth. They would only take a few, enough to aid the other healers in their duties and add to the inventory of the Greenhouse, and leave the rest for those who may still linger in the ruined falls.

Open to any! <3 
Sacre is gathering the Quentic Plant (description in Guidebook :D hereee
(Set somewhere in the time before his Archibald spar, otherwise he'd be a squished mess atm D:)
... and then the sea swept in and left us all speechless

image credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Slowly but surely, Lyra was growing - though she was still so tiny. Not quite small enough to fit on Mesec’s head any longer but small enough that he still feared losing her. Small flecks of silver now were evident throughout her coat, suggesting that she wouldn’t be black for the rest of her life. While Mesec had found it curious, the small kitsune had been mortified to discover her pristine, fuzzy black kit coat was giving way to something else. She kept trying to wash off the silver patches, distressed at how funny she looked with bits of fur sticking out here and there as her adult coat grew in.

She was determined to try every single waterfall and pool of water in the Falls and refused to leave until she discovered the one that would wash off the nasty silver bits.

Though she couldn’t speak yet, she had quickly picked up on the language of Lucius and Mesec and understood when the zephyr was goading her on. For once, he was agreeing with the kitsune - she did look awful - and he happily pointed out each new spot of silver that he could spy with his silver and violet eyes as he followed her quest.

Mesec followed Lyra’s progress through the pools in the Falls with lazy steps - unwilling to let her wander too far on her own but somewhat removed from her personal crisis. He had tried to help earlier that day, only to hear her wail in distress.

The unmistakable rumble of thunder in the distance caught Mesec’s attention as he walked slowly, and his silver gaze looked off in the distance to guess at how close it was. But the darkening sky only held his attention for a brief moment, because the a flash of red side among some trees not too far away snatched his gaze.

“Sacre!” Mesec called out in greeting even as his legs were moving to bring him over to his brother in an easy trot. Lucius landed in a tree nearby - calling out a greeting of his own. Lyra was slower to follow, soaking wet from her latest attempt at a bath and feeling uttterly dejected but also curious about Mesec’s brother.

While she was still moving through the grass behind him, Mesec came to stand near Sacre - a warm smile in his silver eyes as he gestured to the plants Inari and  Ríona  were giving so much attention to. “What are you digging up?”

leave me to dream

art by araxel

@Sacre :D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

Aiya Anor, Elenion Ancalima!

It was only out of sheer curiosity that Tilney ambled further through the forest, a keen, verdant gaze watching his two herd-brothers as they trekked on ahead. Why Sacre was venturing so far from the herd was a question Tilney wished to answer; he didn't think that the blood-stained man was the travelling kind, unlike himself. Mesec was another who he hadn't observed coming or going all that much, so it was with this idea that tilney continued to press on upwards into the jungle that surrounded the former herd lands.

A conversation broke between the herd-brothers he tailed, and without much hesitation Tilney felt the need to make himself known.
"Sacre, Mesec!" He cheered, attempting to untangle his leg from a snagging vine. "I have come to help!" (whatever it is you're doing). Noting the red-tones man digging at the roots, Tilney observed with wide green eyes. What was buried beneath? Another plant for them to discover it seemed!

"Truth be told, I did follow you both here" The gent confessed, digging in with his own pair of cloven hooves to assist his friend in digging out the strange root "I am glad to see you aren't both participating in some kind of kooky ritual" He smirked. How alarming that would have been if he had in fact stumbled upon something he hadn't wished to see or know about two fellows he easily considered friends. "What is this strange root we are digging up, Sacre?"  

☀︎

x

@Sacre

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
I'm a dream, a distant thought trapped somewhere I'll never be remembered, always on the edge of being forgotten — there is no one here, no one anywhere (So alone... please). I'm pushed aside, pulled under and drowned in my sorrow as the Throat turns its back on me (the child! my baby!)(where is she now?)(safe? dead?). They do not want me on their golden sands, dripping with thick black depression, oozing despair like some troubled spirit, drifting through the land with a heavy heart.  They separated me from the Damned child (mine), and even if I hadn't been the most tentative parent, it hurt. I had to watch her turn her back to me, to return to the Throat and leave me behind (am I not enough?) — she loves her father more, I know it. She trembles beside me, holds her breath when I stop and turn to her, flinches when I move (dangerous, she's deadly!). So I let her go, because I know that wherever she may end up is far better than wherever she'll end up with me — I am a catastrophic hurricane, sweeping up the unwilling and tearing apart the peaceful, eating up your happiness with moaning gusts and relentless raging. It's for the better.

I stumbled into the forgotten Falls upon rejection from the Throat, relishing in the freedom of openly walking through my old home, the panic and memories caught in my throat. What had we become, when we gained the Falls? Where had we gone when we slowly lost it? I remember us all, so eager to live beneath Seele's rule in a land of our own — not the body ridden mess that was the Marsh, embedded with haunting memories of ages long past, but a fresh, new start. Our numbers dwindled then, and now even more so (you're all alone now). Perhaps it's true, maybe I am all that's left of the fabled Asylum, the safe haven for the unstable, the refuge for the unique. With Seele's death, I we fell apart, receding into our minds as our monarch, our patron saint, lived on only in our memories. We could not find it within ourselves to keep going, we dropped like flies as the months went on, disappearing into an abyss that just kept taking and taking. It was not forgiving, swallowing up the whole damn Asylum until — just me ('rather pitiful aren't you?')('didn't deserve what you got, didn't deserve the love you had').

And to sit there, tucked away in the Falls, choking on my tears, was devastating. But I felt, I genuinely felt myself slipping away, felt my mind numbing, my muscles aching as I found the old cave I buried myself in when I could not handle the world outside, when my episodes just grew deeper and deeper until I didn't think there was a way out (there isn't, no escape. You're stuck here with the rest of us). And Seele, oh Seele, I remember the day she died, the day the shadows swooped down from the trees, from the clouds, rose from the ground and swallowed her up — they attacked savagely, tore her to pieces before my eyes, and it hurt. I lost her there, trembling like a child with nothing to do to help her at all. My body is still marked from the experience, deep gashes scarred over but still there as if they were new, dripping thick red as I witness the death of my mother for a second time.

The cave has since aired out, no longer reeking of my dirtied body as it had all those years ago, as I let months pass me by hidden away while the world outside turned upside down and inside out— the Asylum was filtered through until there was nothing left of it, strained like someone was looking for something of value among filth, gold among dirt, sifting away each and every member until there was nothing left of us but the worn paths in the shadowed Marsh.

My body aches as I look at the stained corner where it had once lain for hours on end, hip moaning out as it recalls just how painful it was to slide across rough stone, leaving hairless, bloody skin clinging to my sides and red smeared along the cold rock, pooling in every crevice. Sameira pulls up beside me, pushing her wet nose against my leg to grab my attention. 'Sameira saw others, they're near falls. Amara go look?' "Take me." She nods her head tentatively, darting outside without hesitance as she races rather quickly towards the aforementioned location, guiding me to a ledge that would allow us to overlook the three stallions that had gathered, "Sameira see them digging things up, what they're looking for?" "Her body." They hiss, wide grin flashing before my eyes as I raise my head and lower my ears, turning my head away from the source of the voice. But I know better, know that with my heart aching, she was cremated during a somber ceremony that I could only linger beside, unable to face anyone with a mind like mine. I had been ruined then, cursed to live alone.

Sameira and I make our way down towards the trio, uncertain on whether I should have done so or remained where I was, simply lurking in the shadows as they went about their business. I catch the antlered man asking what they were digging up,
glittering amber settling on the mentioned root, wondering why it's something of interest. "Yes, what are you digging up?" Sameira remains by my side, but I can feel her lengthy tail swishing eagerly at the sight of other canines, body twitching against me as her bi-coloured eyes linger on the small fox and the kitsune beside it.
oops
feel free to pm me if you have any confusion on the events within amara's posts