the Rift

[PRIVATE] the longest shadow ever cast

Beloved Posts: 121
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 8.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: Appears 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Orphan :: Ragdoll Cat :: None Bunnie
B e l o v e d

This place suited her.

Dwelling in the flame lit cavern for the day, the wicked one basks in the cast off heat drowsily, one hind leg leisurely lifted to its feminine point, curves rimmed with ember’s glow.  Cool, despite the Sun baring down on its roof, the fringes of the cavern are dark, the branches even cooler, further removed from the flow of magma that seems to born from the pit of flame, above.  Many times she has inquisitively peered up its roaring face to try and spy the sky through the stone, but it is impossible, for the lick and rush of the fire flow, and so, instead, Beloved simply rests.

She’d had enough of the business of the mountain, for now; her black heart instead longed for solitude, silence, and the empty void that they both gave rise to.  There, in that blank space, and reaching dark, was God.

Not the pawns, here, with their sharp words and demands, pushing mortals here, settling others there; not even Kaos, with his malicious banners unfurling, could equivocate the true master of all that was.  What Beloved had learned of Loorien’s “Divines” had led her to believe that they, just as the mortal multitudes riddling the earth, the maggots that would consume their flesh, and they flies which birthed those macabre larva, were all united in a single front.

They could be killed, extinguished, like a flame transmuted into smoke by a staunch strike.  Perhaps she too, could die, but nothing had managed; not when blades drove through her chest, nor when fire ate her flesh away until naught was bone.  She had left realms that nothing else had survived, the only ember in a voluminous sea of ash.

But, the shadow?  Death, itself?

They could not be culled, or carted away.  Though the light strove to devour the dark, it remained, in all places, leaning long wherever it might find, finding haven in the roots and stone of the deep ever-dark.  Dwelling here, in the belly of her God, she sees these truths most poignantly, and the white witch feels the chill hand of that energy press deep into her heart…

And sighs, content in the dark.

The ball fell in my hand, it sang
    in the closed fist: Open Open
Behold a gift designed to kill.

Image & Table by Me
Quote from Keith Douglas' How to Kill

@Aaron
Tag Beloved, please!

Feel free to attack her with physical or magical violence at your own risk. ;D

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

What can I say, I have never been one to stay within the confines of my herd for very long. Specially now that I am back to being a warrior once again... The urge to patrol and check out the wilds was strong. Even more so because I am constantly trying to find out where my son is. "We will find him." Alanna reassures me gently. I nod as we move out from the Edge and into the wilds. I might be leaving now, but I will return soon. For now, I need to run and patrol.

It's a slightly daunting when we arrive at the Heart Caves. I remember all to well this entrance. I had left Helovia to try and save my sisters, and instead had not been able to protect them at all. I had even failed in finding their children, who surely by now had kids themselves. I would never be able to bring my family back together. Even my own little family with my son was torn apart.

My thoughts are on this as my hooves clip and clop over the stone leading down into the caves. Alanna scoots ahead, looking to see if we would be alone. She thinks I need time to think, while I... Well... I kinda of want to make a stupid mistake and do something else that i've only done once before....

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

ahhh sorry for such crap. I promise it will get better @Beloved

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

B e l o v e d

It is not uncommon for others to arrive in the dark, seeking refuge from the heat above. Even the day-dwellers, who praised the Sun for its heinous light, were often found hiding from it, a hypocritical way of existence, which makes the mare’s severe expression less than pleasant as she rolls her gaze over he shoulder to lay eyes upon the stranger, arriving from the surface.

His large hooves carry the noise of his steps to her, as if he was hard to miss, boldly splashed with white. Approaching before him, head low, is a white hound, her body marked in patches with ruddy color, and the sight of his companion alone eases the rousing of hatred that initial spirals through the demoness’ breast at being disturbed by a blasphemer.

With an amused purr, the seductress pours forth, that rancor stored in her heart to heaten the act, should she succeed in the placement of her lures; all curves and softness, leading with her best hoof forward – her beauty – the white one approaches. Still untamed, the wanton needs drawn forth some weeks ago by the old man at the meaning remain, restless, beneath the surface of her calm exterior, and, her, in the privacy of the caves, among the company of her precious, Divine Darkness, her madness weakened mind succumbs to the rolling needs that course through her.

She will try this game, with this handsome stranger, though he smells like Light and Earth. Really, any man would do. He was simply here.

Aiming to kiss his shoulder as she passes, she presses her whole body into him if he will let her, trailing her hindquarters near to his muzzle.

"Hello," she simpers, nudging, kissing, brushing, "I have been waiting for you."

Image & Table by Me

@Aaron
Tag Beloved, please!

Just as another comes into sight, Alanna suddenly announces "I'm going hunting." I wonder if she can feel my need... It's a carnal need that honestly in seasons past I don't remember having. My eyes drink in the ivory princess before me. She is marked in ebony across one eye. I stand still as she moves forward, watching her move. I'll admit, with the absence of Alanna at my side and her mind focused on hunting which shuts me out slightly... My mind is wandering to all the things i'd like to do with this dainty mare... Most of those thoughts had to do with her being under me...

The touch of her kiss against my shoulder as she passes almost seals it. Her body presses against mine, and I aim nip at her flank and again close to her tail as my own body turns. This time, this time I have some experience. This time, I know what I want and how to get it. "Hello," Her voice even seems to draw me in farther. "I have been waiting for you." Waiting for me? Well well it's my lucky day then.

My thoughts are not on the chance of a child. I would handle that later should the need arise. My focus, is on this moment. "Then either tease me more, or allow me to make you wait no longer." I rumble as I start to move behind her. I will not court this mare as I might of done with Cheveyo or Kimber... No. She is just like Phantom. A one night stand. A release of frustration... That is, should she allow it

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

@Beloved

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

B e l o v e d

They succumb to the wills of the body, and the flush of their blood as it rushes through veins, his red, hers black. Like cloth furling together, two silken strands, they weave, her supple, diminutive curves nudging, and suggesting, until she slips by him, her pale tail cast aside to reveal the pink flesh it normal obscures. Her teeth bite roughly at his flesh as she passes, her eyes latch hungrily onto his own, their depths glimmering, a red hot coal bed of want, chilled by her onyx and mercury stare. Sauntering, that temptation ever presented, she fades into the darkness of the ever shadowed cavern, the one where her God reigns.

"Come, come," she giggles and beckons as she waltzes away, and as the shadow eclipses her moonlight being, the sonorous chime of her childish voice rises from the pitch, lures and guides, with both breathless, fae laughter, and her words, "come and take her, then."

And, if he does, she will not resist him…

At least until he is done.

Image & Table by Me

@Aaron
Tag Beloved, please!

My nostrils flare and my lip curls. She nips me, hard. Damn! My eyes latch onto her's as she begins to move off and away from me. "Come, come," She says. Oh I have every intention of doing just that. The darkness covers her and swallows her whole. All I hear is her voice from the shadows. "come and take her, then." I didn't need a second offer. My hooves carry me forward, seeking to find her rump in the dark.

---Fade to black----

The moment I am done, I turn to leave. I sure feel a ton more relaxed, not a care in the world. But I do have one after thought. "You will let me know, should you carry a child, right?" Alanna returns at that point. "Or will Alanna need to track you down to find out?" The ivory and garnet hellhound growls softly. She didn't want to have to follow the mare around, but would if she had to. Her bonded would want to be in his kid's life, should one happen... and if this happened like the last time... there would be one..

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Aaron

@Beloved

Et Spiritus Sancti

B e l o v e d

Passion.

It slakes her thoughts and leaves the demoness purring in the fire-lit cavern, her side pressed to the painted flanks of the stranger she would recall (if she did) as Dark-eyes, for she knew nothing else of him. He was not the first to pass her proverbial gates without a token or title parted with, nor would he be the last, and so numerous had these warm, after-moments been that she did not even care to ask.

For what did his name matter?

When the silence is shattered, then, by Dark-eyes’ stupid question, she recoils from his flank, her pale teeth revealed from behind sneering lips. A child? Her gaze contemptuously narrows, her tail irritably moving behind her, where before it had laid so casually aside, revealing that which had lured him this far in the first place.

"Beloved does not create," she maliciously murmurs, finished with this, though it has just begun, "tracking does not change that which is nature."

Raising her crown with disdain, she moves to leave the cavern, letting the tip of her horn run along the man’s body, if he does not move away, not cautious of whether or not its tempered, honed point trails deeper than hair alone. He would be fine would crimson streaks and dashes, more handsome than now, cloaked in fire light.

"Farewell, Dark-eyes," she croons, with a nipping kiss aimed towards his muscular flesh before she parts the cavern in giggling silence.

Image & Table by Me
Tag Beloved, please!