the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heavy

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
I'm all you ever wanted

Duir finds her before I do.

At first, it’s her shouting that draws his attention, his antlered head lifting from where he’d been grazing, near the fore of the valley. Finding the mono-chromatic mare not far into the threshold of the Basin no sooner than he starts to look, the buck notices, aside from her shouting, of course, that she seems clearly upset about something; from her body language to the tone of her voice, the compassionate stag is entirely sure that she needs help, and that it’s, of course, my fault.

Hey, you, Glacia’s here, he projects to me, through our bond. Lifting my head and looking clear across the valley, I set out at a canter, not quite as concerned as Duir thinks I should be. Hurry up, he insists, earning an audible groan from me, as I ease my gait into a gallop, from my distant location, she use your whole name.

Approaching, wondering all the while what it is, my buck’s green eyes are curious, his ears lifting to catch the quietly muttered words falling after her shouts. Perhaps only a deer might hear such a small utterance, he thinks proudly of himself, approaching her without fear, his gaze soft with worry, reaching out touch her with his nose, while they wait for me to arrive.

As I thunder into view, eyes narrowing to better glimpse the two of them, her pretty as she always is, but her head is hanging too low for it to be a good sort of visit, and the gestures my companion is making towards her are the sort he gives those he’s consoling. Feeling my gut tighten up some seconds before my chest follows suit, I come to a stop wondering if she’s hurt, or if someone else has died.

I only wonder for a moment; I’m not stupid, after all. There is only one reason a girl shows up upset this many months after what she and I had done, the last I’d seen her. I know how nature works.

"Shit," I murmur to myself, mostly, because a lot of emotions suddenly hit me like a thousand tons of snow, thundering down a mountain face: worry, excitement, and absolute terror. At first, I want to run away. I almost don’t manage to keep my hooves beneath me, or to close the final distance between us…

"Hey," I say, first, when I do; meeting her eyes, I smile, meekly, wondering if maybe I should have found her before now, or if she’s angry, because I hadn’t, "it’s, uh. It’s good to see you. Especially here, of all places."

Pausing for a second, taking it all in, wondering when the last time I had seen her here was, I decide it doesn’t really matter.

"Are you okay?"

Я
what the other boys all promised

Image by VeerDesigns@DA - Code by Me

@Glacia

Messages In This Thread
Heavy - by Glacia - 04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-06-2017, 08:24 PM
RE: Heavy - by Glacia - 04-07-2017, 09:31 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-10-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Heavy - by Glacia - 04-10-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-12-2017, 02:56 PM