the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heavy

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
I'm all you ever wanted

Something about what I say pitches us into silence, again, and I’m left awkwardly staring at her with the same strange dagger twisting inside my body that first struck there when she’d told me she was expecting. The thought of the child inside of her rises to mind again, dragging up with it another insufferable urge to bolt past her and out into the passes, where they’d never find me.

Duir, however, touches his mind to mine with a gentle nudge, a sort of emotional insinuation that says I can do this, if I try. You raise me, he assures, flooding me with the feeling of who he is, what he will become; I can feel our souls twine together tightly, almost fusing with the pressure, before that tautness eases, and we are again an easy union of tethers, rather than the same.

It helps, some, this thought, but brings to mind new worries; I was stronger, for my companion’s presence, but I was also at risk, having come to rely on that strength. Like the cords of a rope, if he was to be severed, whatever I had come to hold would likely rend me in half. More cords perhaps kept me safer… but it also meant there were that many more to be broken, cut, taken.

Glacia becomes one of these bindings, suddenly, when she answers my deluge of truths with her own, hidden ones. I don’t hear the hidden hurt beneath “I don’t expect you to love me,” nor do I know that, for her, the reality that the tales are just that – tales – was perhaps more hurtful to her than it had been to me. The touch of her lips on my cheek is warm and distracting, her promises that I am not the worst choice, that, as I am, I might be enough for anyone

With a sudden movement, I step forward and wrap my neck around her shoulders, unless she pulls away, and mean to hold her there. It’s selfish, this embrace, meant for me, not for her, because my eyes are wet and my heart hurts, and she’s right. I’m afraid, and if I wasn’t so sure it was wrong to turn her away, to leave this terrifying path behind me…

I would.

"This time will be different," I promise her, but also, myself. This time, I can need her. I have to.

Clearing my throat, I leave the embrace only when I’m sure I’ve got my feelings in check, stepping back to meet Glacia’s eyes again, and my buck glances at me with worry before we both look out, together towards the cave I mention.

"I, uh, I sleep that way," the opposite side of the valley from my mother, not far from the crafter’s cave; the part of this land that I had felt at home in, not within chains, "it’s a pretty big cavern, and well lit by several clusters of glowing mushrooms. You can stay with me, there, if you’d like."

You don't have to come. You don't have to stay, either. Just tell me if you're going to leave, if you do.

Я
what the other boys all promised

Image by VeerDesigns@DA - Code by Me

@Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Heavy - by Glacia - 04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-06-2017, 08:24 PM
RE: Heavy - by Glacia - 04-07-2017, 09:31 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-10-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Heavy - by Glacia - 04-10-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-12-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: Heavy - by Glacia - 04-20-2017, 08:50 PM
RE: Heavy - by Rikyn - 04-27-2017, 08:45 AM