the Rift

Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

As they answered him one by one, his smile faded immediately off of his face. The bag of skittles he held slipped from his grasp and began to spill out onto the rock upon which he was perched and into the grass below. "Oh, so my riddles aren't any good, huh?" He snapped sulkily, apparently not realizing that his tasty snack was almost completely gone now. "So easy, huh? Well FINE THEN-" Tears began to well slightly in the creature's eyes and his bottom lip began to tremble.

"I don't even care about stupid riddles. Riddles are stupid." He said consolingly, glancing around the group. His eyes fell onto Amaris, and as his lower lip puckered out even further, he picked up the glowing orb. "Your face is the least stupid, so I guess you can have this." He murmured even more sulkily, tossing the static-y orb at her feet.

Standing up, now noticing that his skittles had spilled, crocodile tears began to fall from his eyes. "YOU ALL SUCK, AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE GIVING OUT MAGIC." he wailed, and then suddenly disappeared.

Congratulations to AMARIS. List & Roll

Amaris, your magic is:

:: [Magic: LightxSpark | Can induce 'mindshock' in another, triggering a severe static-y migraine.]
:: [Restrictions: Requires permission outside battle. Effects last 30 seconds in battle.]

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris watched as the others all gave their solutions to the riddle the creature posed, her confidence in her own answer waxing and waning as each new soul stepped forth. It seemed as her confidence wavered, so too did the primate's; it appeared that not enough respect or awe was given to his puzzle, not enough compliments of his mental prowess or stroking of his fragile ego. He erupted into an upset chaos, a cacophony of shouting and abrupt motion, declaring the puzzle stupid, simple, (though Amaris did not share that opinion, having spent due time mulling it over), before throwing away his magic orb at -

Her? Surprise flickered across her face, as she took in the 'compliment' and accompanying gift the monkey paid her. Dramyrth darted down from her withers to inspect the orb as it crackled and rolled towards her, intent on destroying anything that might harm his beloved before it had a chance to. "I-" the dragonmare began, forgetting whatever it was she was going to say to the creature almost immediately as it disappeared in another shower of wails and shouting.

"Thank you?" she said dumbly instead, before bending to inspect the orb her companion dutifully guarded. As her maw reached out to touch it, a strange sensation overtook her senses, as her eyes felt like they would burst from her skull, as pain lanced through her mind. She was also immobilised, seemingly for an age, forced to endure the suffering with a bowed head and eyes pinched tightly shut. The dragon-king beside her felt echoes of the effects across the bond they shared, for it seemed to affect her mind, and therefore his mind too - he grew angry, and called out a harsh, ugly, enraged cry as he fought off the effects.

Then, as suddenly as it had begun, it ceased, and Amaris felt different for it. It was similar to what she had felt after their experience at the Heart, with the fire-cheetah.. The monkey had declared he was giving out magic after all - exactly what magic was yet to be confirmed, though the dragonmare and her companion felt like they had a good idea.

Thanks Admin!
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~