the Rift

Silent Crows [Murder/God/s]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia listened to his words and found them to be a half-truth. He threatened her yes, but he intended her no harm. She was able to see the restraint in his actions and the underlying upset of having something close ripped away from you without warning. He deserved to be angry. He deserved to have his bitterness cried out in blame. The hateful words spoken about her character were not the worst she had ever heard before, but they still stung, deeply. She would not forget what the blue stallion screamed in rage; she was not able to forget. Forever her mind would hold onto the scene of that moment, but she reconciled the trauma of her past with the goodness of her heart.

Tinek the silver dragon was slower to forgive, but he relaxed, crimson eyes landing warily on the blue stallion, though he slowly closed his jaws. A small huff of frost was his only display of irritation before the creature crawled down Ophelia's neck and down onto her back, leaping and spreading leathery wings to take flight. Ophelia was more than capable of caring for herself. Though her figure was lithe and tall, she was built more strongly than most mares. The horn upon her brow was spiraled and sharp, and her cloven hooves carried her swiftly and without misstep. A smirk on blue lips pulled her into the foliage, and she nodded to Valentine politely. Though she was glad that her friends were willing to aide her, she could not help but feel insulted that Valentine believed she was incapable of handling a temper riled stallion.

After having her soul dragged from her body by Deimos, a unicorn with lost crows was far from frightful. "Pleased to meet you, Murder," she replied with a smile, her kind eyes telling him that they were starting over. "This way." The pale wraith picked up a brisk canter, hooves sliding easily through pristine snow. If not for the bloody crimson on her mane and tail, she would almost get lost in the winter white. "The Veins of the Gods are far south," she explained, her hooves hitting rock soon in place of snow.

A thin, narrow land bridge over the cascading ocean lead to a small island that was glowing with blue magma. Heat curled around them, and Ophelia narrowed her eyes that were stung by the coiling pressure. Confidently, she walked over the bridge to where three, massive shrines nearly touched the heavens, and she smiled absently as she thought of the Sun God. However, he would not answer their call today. "God of the Veins," she said loudly. "I call upon your aide on behalf of my friend, Murder," she said confidently, heterochromatic eyes watching for the telltale sighs of a god beaming down from wherever they resided.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Murder Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Murder watched the iridescent damsel with a pensive and curious eye. Ophelia appeared so youthful but she exuded such a mature aura it startled him. She could be no older than three by the looks of it, not even a wholly developed mare, yet she was in other aspects one of the most cultivated unicorns he had ever encountered. It was refreshing to see an adolescent femme so compassionate. The ire Murder felt still festered inside him, but the generous gesture of this girl provisionally soothed the monster. Rubicund optics fell upon the bleached dragon once more as it crept down its master’s neck and onto her vertebrae. Its agitation was obvious, and though Murder had no yearning to engage the avian lizard he wasn’t bothered by its displeasure with him. Dragons were a relatively novel concept for Murder, having only encountered his first one a year ago, however they had not established in him an overly invigorating interest, and that didn’t seem to be altering today.

As the bantam fiend spread his fibrous appendages and took to the skies Murder glanced back to Ophelia just as she moved forward, her abnormal gaze grasping his. The melancholy manifesting in her pools intrigued Murder, it made her smile seem so false, and he had a peculiar aspiration to know what experiences had wrought the vixen that was poised before him. Afore he could delve into her depth however Ophelia spoke and Murder nodded in return to her words before looking back at the meddlesome brute one last time, bathing in the mild pleasure from her dismissing him. Rotating to shadow Ophelia, though her snowy pelt did make it challenging, a relief began to encompass the stag. The thought that momentarily he would be reunited with his comrades elated him yet he didn’t let it show. What if the deities wouldn’t give them back? That question weighed heavily on Murder’s mind and just as the jubilation had come it hastily diminished.

They had been itinerant for a short time before something caught Murder’s eye and he reduced his pace to a slow jog and raised his head. Through the space in the trees he could see something moving rather haphazardly and after a moment he could tell it was a Pegasus. "The Veins of the Gods are far south,” were the final words he heard from Ophelia before deviating to the left and halting behind a pine to watch the epileptic harlot. After a minute of observing the silver dame’s bizarre dance Murder twisted his skull to look in the direction Ophelia had just been and realized she had vanished. Wonderful… Murder thought wordlessly as he turned back to stare at the wench before treading into the glade.

{ Blah blah blah battle happens and shiz gets real ha ha and now back to our regularly scheduled program }

Every stride conducted an abrupt ache up Murder’s posterior columns. A large quantity of the blood had dried by now but the coagulated plasma, which fastened the torn flesh together on his hindquarters, ripped agonizingly at his hairs and frequently reopened on his voyage. An exasperated grunt fled Murder’s nostrils as; once again, he took a step and detected some of the cruor release from the skin, allowing a new trickling of claret fluid to begin to flow down his buttock. The scabs were certainly not doing their job. The bitch that did this to him would be redeemed for her insolence but he knew he won the battle and that assisted in easing Murder’s discomfort. When he reached the earth bridge he stopped and looked down into the cerulean abyss as it collided against the precipices and howled. Conveying his gaze back to stare across the expanse of azure magma he had to admire how exquisite it was in its own right. For emulating something that belonged in perdition it was quite beautiful.

As Murder revered the pumice covered terrain he forgot for a second why he had ventured here in the first place until he laid eyes upon Ophelia. The pearlescent amazon contrasted to the background of cobalt fire like a diamond in a cluster of rocks. Murder heaved a sigh of liberation and twitched slightly as another spasm of pain surged through his thigh. Languidly he began to make his passage across the land bridge, his dome hung indolently and his leonine extension flicked lazily as he sauntered towards her. It felt like decades before his hooves found themselves on the island but Murder couldn’t have been more solaced when they did and as he traveled on the path to the gods shrines a grin began to form on his lips. When Murder finally reached tarragon baroness he raised his crown and regarded her with another nod, endeavoring to conceal his evident suffering. Not avid about giving her a chance to enquire about his unexpected disheveled condition Murder decided to persist in their mission immediately.

“Sorry for my tardiness Ophelia, I thank you for waiting.”

Voids sailed back to the monuments now to speak to the divinities, and his tone tersely transformed.

“Gods I am here for what you procured from me, I request for you to return my crows and I will be on my way.”

Murder’s voice was harsh as he struggled to be courteous, the animosity he held for these idols was almost more than he could endure. Now they had to wait, this he knew, but the indignation was beginning to escalate in Murder again and if they did not emerge he was unsure of what hell would be released.

{ ooc: sorry this took so long, and I just went ahead and wrote it like the battle happened. If I need to edit anything let me know. }

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The earth trembled under the heavy steps of the massive Earth God. Rocks shook loose from their moorings and tumbled down the winding path. He appeared before his shrine moments later and stood taking in the sight of the two that had come to visit. The unicorn that called himself Murder held a rather unhealthy amount of anger in his heart, while Ophelia held a quiet sadness about her.

His green eyes shifted back to the angry Murder and he strode forward, the ground shaking with each step he took. "You come here searching for something we took from you?" The god stopped and stared down at the smaller stallion. "I know not what you speak of. Perhaps if you explain in a manner that is less disrespectful that the way you called me here I will help you."

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had waited patiently for the blue stallion to arrive, her coat beginning to sweat from the heat of the blue, churning earth around the shrines. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, pretending she was back in the Steppe. The detail of her memories was so clear that she could almost feel the winter breeze and the soft hush of whirling wind across the sugar-white planes of snow. Alas, it was not real. A familiar, male voice roused her from her thoughts, and she mused that his baritone was much more handsome when not being used to yell accusing words at her, and she nodded. "Quite all right," she replied with a gentle smile. Ophelia was not about to pry into the reason of his brief detour. Everyone was allowed their secrets.

She grew concerned at the tone of his voice toward the gods. The Sun would surely take offense to his tone. What immortal would not? A transient being such as them did not hold a candle of light to their glorious eternity. In all honesty, Ophelia pitied them. When she was to die, her time would pass and her soul would come to rest. The Gods were doomed to a life of forever, never able to make roots in the world without living to watch them die. How many children did they have to bury? How many lives passed before their eyes? Too many. Her heart ached for their burden. "Be kind," she whispered, glancing softly into the stallion's bright, red eyes with an amiable warning.

Suddenly, the earth began to tremble, and she held her ground, widening the stance of her cloven hooves as pieces of the earth fell into the raging, blue sea of deathly lava. The gigantic figure of the God of the Earth soon appeared before the shrines, and Ophelia bowed her head to the stallion, remembering meeting him before, when she was only a child. With a certain gentleness, the great, winged ram had healed her sister's legs and their request, and she would forever remember his kindness. Murder was lucky to receive his presence, rather than that of the Sun. However, Murder's words must have upset the great, divine stallion, but something about his words were off.

They did not take his crows? Ophelia's brows furrowed deeply. She remembered what had happened clear as she saw the rocks beneath her own hooves. "My apologies, Great Earth God," she said quietly, taking a few, hesitant steps forward. "I thank you again, for how you helped my sister. Your son is growing into a fine, handsome young colt. I am constantly amazed at his maturity and thoughtfulness." Ophelia would take any chance she had to talk to the gods to remind them that she was grateful. "I met my friend, Murder, in the Threshold, and Tinek was with me."

The silver dragon stared up at the god in awe, blinking at him with wide, crimson eyes. Since he was a frost dragon, he held magic of both the watery Earth and the burning Light. Tinek bowed his scaled head. "When I followed him into a cave, the crows disappeared. Tinek saw them leave, if you want, we can show you. Search our minds." Ophelia moved closer, offering his touch to look into her thoughts. "I suggested to Murder that one of you took them since he was new to Helovia, but was I mistaken?" she asked with furrowed, concerned brows.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Unregistered
Be kind. The words were almost lost when the world started to quake from the advent of the God. Murder was aware that being hostile to these omnipotent creatures was not in his best interest, and though he tried to pacify the inner hellion he was admittedly doing a pitiable job. Staring back into the snowy dove’s azure and crimson optics he could see the compassion that lay in their depths with more fervor each time. Murder knew he had been nothing but a plague on Ophelia since she ventured into the cave back at the Threshold and yet she was still steadfast in abetting him. Murder simply couldn’t grasp that kind of altruism. Revolving his head away from the lass to behold the shrine Murder struggled to keep his equilibrium as he observed the ram horned steed appear before his memorial. The brute was massive, imposing, and quite extraordinary Murder had to concede, undoubtedly dissimilar to anything he had seen before.

"You come here searching for something we took from you?” The behemoth towered over him, and as the Divinity spoke Murder felt an intense lurch in his gut. This God knew nothing of the theft of his crows? Sanguine voids broke away from the stag’s verdigris gaze and roamed back to Ophelia, confused. How many idols did this dominion have? Murder often tried to be optimistic yet with the God lacking knowledge of the cause for Murder’s plight he was rapidly losing confidence. As he heard the Deity speak again he turned back to lock eyes with the mahogany baron, dropping his crania in a reverential manner. Murder was not the worshipful sort, and that was not about to change, however he was intelligent and cognizant on the decorum for appeasing megalomaniac entities.

Although before he had the opportunity to speak Murder’s audits were once more reached by the diplomatic and tranquil vocals of Ophelia. Murder was ignorant to the topics she was discussing until she mentioned him and the cavern, and he had to confess if there was any promise in him being reunited with his companions it lay with her. Ophelia had a very commendable charm. When she finished speaking he glanced her way for but a second, making eye contact, before looking back to the God and adding his lyrics to the mix.

“Forgive me for my brashness my lord. I have not been in the right mind as of late. Ophelia has elucidated the conundrum well; I ask for you to accept her invitation into her consciousness. Perhaps it will enlighten you on the predicament.”

This time Murder was efficacious in humbling his tones as he lowered his gaze tactfully and waited for the God’s next move. The anticipation was excruciating.

{ ooc: Sorry I'm such a butt to RP with, I've just been so busy. Sorry about all of this nonsense, thanks for putting up with my slow posts! }

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The god's gaze shifted over to the pale mare as she began to speak and the Earth God listened to her as she somewhat explained the disappearance of the crows and offered him permission to search her mind and the mind of her dragon. The mighty god stepped toward the pale femme, the earth trembling under each step he took. His muzzle touched her forehead and his eyes closed as he searched her mind for the crows. What he saw made his brow furrow and his lips twitch into a frown.

Moments later the god lifted his head and opened his eyes. His unwavering gaze found Murder and he frowned again. "It was not I nor my sister who took your crows." He said. He, of course, could not speak for the Sun God who had been exiled for some time or his other brother, the Time God, whom had been gone for some time. The way the crows just disappeared seemed to scream that it was he who took it.

"We will get to the bottom of the situation and return your crows to you." The Earth God promised. "Until that time I encourage you to search for them on your own."

Unregistered
{ ooc: Alright, so what exactly should I have Murder do? Whats going to happen? }

Helovian Ancient
Admin
post in some random boards :) REs will find you.