the Rift

[OPEN] first aid [healing lesson]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She is getting more comfortable every time she has to hold an herb lesson. It still tends to scare her a little though, all the questions, some of which she doesn’t always feel equipped to answer. Though she should be equipped to answer all those questions, perhaps she should realize that she can’t answer every question. That she can’t possibly know what every herb in the world does. Just the ones she has on hand in the Edge and the garden and the greenhouse. And she’s been learning more from the Basin, and hopefully soon the Throat, about what herbs they use most often and find helpful.

But she doesn’t want to delay this anymore. Alysanne had asked that the healers teach the rest of the herd about some herbs they could use for first aid. And with the first healing foal lesson done, she turns her attention to the rest of the herd. She starts out early in the morning, going to the greenhouse to gather some of the plants that she thinks will be most useful for first aid and ones that perhaps the herd is less likely to know about.

Unlike the foal lesson, she doesn’t focus on the plants found in the Edge. She focuses on ones that could be found around Helovia, because who knows where Kaos might strike, what they might have at their disposal. She finds a few worth talking about quickly, knowing she can’t tell them about a million herbs in one lesson. They wouldn’t remember, and would probably get too bored to listen to all that anyway. So she settles for three; common comfrey, cayenne pepper, and aloe vera. The last one is perhaps well known, but for those that don’t know it, it could come in handy.

She takes the three and makes her way to a clearing near the greenhouse. Once there, she lays the three plants out in front of her and then, gathering her courage, calls the herd. Obviously, the call is hardly mandatory, but simply an inivtation. “First aid lesson!” she yells after a moment for those near enough to hear, in case they weren’t entirely sure what she was calling about.  

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Tagging @Tilney and @Sacre in case they want to come with a few herbs too!
Open to any that want to learn some first aid.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

The flaxen physician had spent the better part of his morning dragging buckets up the hill from the stream to the greenhouse, cursing and muttering each way up about how they should have just built the garden around the stream for this exact reason. Carting water to water the plants was a chore Tilney found himself doing by himself, alone, almst every day in Tallsun when the plants needed daily watering. If only there was a water conjurer of some sort who resided in the herd who they could employ to water their great garden and greenhouse full of thirsty plants.

It was his last ascent up the gradual hill from the stream to the glade that housed their gardens that he noted Lyanna in the greenhouse. While her image was distorted through the mucky, muddy glass, he could easily observe the woman plucky out various herbs. Was she going on a trip? A strange bundle she had picked out caused him to think otherwise.
With the four glass pots mounted upon his antlers, fileld to the brim with water, Tilney settled them down upon the ground at the opposite end of the gardens and observed as the woman gave her call to the herd for first aid lessons.

His happy countenance was raised to give his own call towards his colleague, his voice warm and greeting. "Lyanna!" The stallion bellowed to his friend "Would you like some help?" He asked, his footsteps talking him over to where she stood ready to give her lesson.
Peatree soared in from the canopy and took his place upon Tilney's crown, a crown which had until a few moments ago had remained filled with a load of water-filled pots.
Remembering a rather interesting plant he had encountered upon his more recent travells, Tilney plucked a small tendril of bone grass from the Thistle Meadow; a fibrous plant that took seed in decaying bone marrow.  

stock image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Philosopher, the dragonmare hummed quietly, what does it even mean? She supposed that was the entire point of her rank, to question, to wonder, to learn, to teach. But how could she teach anything when she felt like she knew nothing? The dragonmare needed to learn first, to absorb the knowledge. It is the application of knowledge that is wisdom, isn't that what her mother used to say? But was her mother wise, after all the destruction and chaos she wrought? Was she truly a great leader, after all the misery her name caused through her actions?

They were questions she could not help asking, over and over, though she tried to put her mind on other things. 'First aid lesson!' came the call, the announcement, the summons, and the dragonmare could hardly ignore it. She was a willing student of all crafts, of all walks, with a desire to learn and grow into something more than what she was, so she ventured towards the glade that housed the garden and greenhouse (a structure that she vaguely recalled being built when she was but a child, tended to by the then-Doctor, Resplendence).

For the most part she was healed from her altercation with the fiery feline at the Heart, though across her chest still glowed four slashes of silver. This wasn't the only evidence of her interaction with the curious fire-cheetah; since the experience, she had been able to call upon more dragon-souls than ever before, and they taxed (slightly) less of her energy when she did so. That her cousin was a healer, and had been present at the time of injury, was something she was most grateful for, but the dragonmare knew it would be wise to learn what she could of non-magical means of healing.

She arrived there and recognised another being immediately; the healer her magic had helped give direction to those in need at the Threshold, where all had submitted efforts to save the pegasi that ventured too close to a tiger's touch. A low whicker rumbled from her throat, something of a mix of equine and dragon (much like herself) in greeting to him, while she dipped her head in acknowledgement of both of them. "Hello," she spoke warmly, "I'm Amaris, a recently re-joined Philosopher; I'd love to learn anything you have to teach!"

@Lyanna
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~