the Rift

[OPEN] PRODIGY. [SUN]

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

"HOT LIKE THE PRODIGAL SON."

Of all the places he had been in Helovia, this was one of the few he had been... anxious to visit. Reich had never been an overly devout man - he'd never had anyone to believe in, and no proof to say that he should. Now that he was in Helovia though, he'd found that the Gods were real, at least those within the confines of this magical land, and in turn he'd found himself more and more inclined to believe that they were worth his loyalty. The Sun God, in particular, had shown him nothing but kindness, despite having never actually seen the protector of the Throat. So he'd come for multiple reasons, the first being that he'd never actually been to the altars before (and that was reason enough, for their location was magnificent), and the second was to seek out a blessing from the Gods.

His step was a little jarred from the stiffness in his leg after his fight with Pippigrin, but he wore that pain with pride for his warrior friend. Pippigrin might have been small but he packed a strong punch, and Reich could think of nobody better to defend his island home. The bridge lay before him, searing, sticky lava underneath it's rocky expanse reminding Reich not to misstep. He could see the volcano before him, a mound of blackened rock, the earth underneath his hooves warm and strangely pleasant within it's territory. Next came the strange rock path, The Guardian slowed a little at this, though his step was constant and calm. Finally - the altars.

Each altar was crumbled, decayed, forgotten but still humming with a sense of strange energy. Perhaps it was the belief of their people, or the powers of the Gods themselves... whatever it was, it made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. His silver gaze trailed from Earth, to Moon, to Time... and finally, the Sun God's altar. It was blackened and ashy, though seemed to burn with some inner warmth. Though he was not a Diviner, and really knew very little about worshipping the Gods, Reich made a note to ask Maren why the altars had not been cared for. Why would they have been left to decay? It was a strange sight when the Gods were worshipped so zealously throughout the land. A breath he hadn't known he was holding slipped from between his black lips, and Reich gave a nervous smile.

"Sun God... I come to ask for a blessing."

@Mythical Request
Using my VOTG pass! xx
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

A pillar of fire suddenly bloomed before the stallion, like a geiser of liquid flame rocketing from the earth. The plume rose high in brilliant white and yellow tendrils, before finally lowering down. The cascading shower and flicker of flames began to coalesce into the slender form of the God of the Sun. As his figure was born from the fire, bits of molten flame continued to cling to his golden body, dripping harmless from his hocks and his tail.

“Hello Reichenbach.”

A warm breeze billowed forwards as the God shuffled his wings. The air surged around the warrior, healing his aches and ailments immediately. The God smiled.
“I've we're going to chat, I'd rather you be able to stand comfortably." He offered with a graceful bow of his horned head.
“Now," he began, his molten silver eyes regarding the warrior with renewed interest, “what is it I can do for you?"

@Reichenbach

god of the sun

Space

It did not take long for his God to appear, and appear he did. A column of flames erupted in front of him, widening his eyes and creating a wild grin on his rugged face - for someone so unused to magic, the display was awe-inspiring. The Sun God formed slowly out of the flame, his body dripping with heat and fire in an impressive demonstration of power, and as he did so, a wave of warmth washed over Reich. With the wave came peace and calm, with each wound that he displayed on his hefty frame vanishing into nothing. Reich glanced at his clean body in disbelief, silver eyes shifting slowly until they finally ended up back on the surreal God. For the first time he noticed that the Sun God's eyes were silver, like his own. The thought brought a rush of untapped pride to the bay guardian, and he looked down all of a sudden, the swell of emotion unnatural to him. It had been a long time since he'd felt this sense of belonging, of home, of loyalty to something larger than himself.

"My Lord, already you have blessed me with a place in your realm - The Throat has treated me with more compassion and kindness than I could have ever asked for. For that, I thank you." Reich paused momentarily, musical voice continuing slowly at first and then in a rush,
"I have come to ask for my own magic, something... something that belongs only to me, an essential part of who I am. I should like to have the ability to hypnotise through singing." He stopped, a little abashed. He had never been embarrassed of his voice, nor singing before - and it was not that he was ashamed of the act, it was that he could have asked for many things, magic to help their home, to be better at battle... but this was what he wanted. He loved to sing, to be musical and inspire - and what better way to do so than through hypnotism? He could spread peace through music if he so wished.

@God of the Sun
Reich is requesting - light x dark :: singing hypnotism

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

As the warrior mentions the Throat, a swell of pride surges through the God. He has always thought his herd the very best out of the four three, but knew that his kin likely thought the same as well. He however, had the stats to prove it. Their warriors had always been unmatched, he had named two ascended from within its ranks, and their industriousness was both clever and whimsical. He was glad to hear that Reichenbach had found the bloody island to his liking.

"Already you have served me and the Throat well. " The deity responded warmly, molten eyes slanting upwards with a smile.

As the stallion indicated that he would like magic of his own - no great surprise - the God found himself intrigued by precisely what the warrior wanted.

To hypnotize? By singing?

Curious...

"An interesting request." The God began with a chuckle, before his face grew serious as he considered the task at hand. "I take it you already consider yourself a worthy bard of sorts, or you would not wish for song to be a component of your magic. But are are your lyrics any good without magic? Is your voice? Prove to me that you already possess the foundation of what you seek, and I will grant your request."

Reich must

1. Compose a song praising the Throat and/or Sun God, and perform it in the DT church

2. Compose a riddle/song to get someone to do something (aka you could make up a riddle and if it isn't solved, Reich gets something. Or he can just sing at someone to get them to do something. He must do this twice

3. Find someone to give him honest feedback about his voice and his lyrics.

And your magic would be:

:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to hypnotize by singing ]
:: [ Restrictions | Must have permission from the victim in non-battle threads; in battle this takes immense concentration and is difficult to maintain; opponent can fight against the hypnosis to a reasonable degree ]
@Reichenbach

god of the sun

Space

"Already you have served me and the Throat well." Happiness surged at the sentence, and Reich beamed with barely suppressed pleasure at his Gods praise. To be told he was serving well was a blessing he had not expected. It only made him more loyal, more willing to serve this deity, whom had shown nothing but kindness and compassion. His smile grew at the Sun God's chuckle, bowing his head a little at the words and responding with an eager grin "That I do... I shall prove to you, my Lord, that I am worthy of these talents. That I can provide for the Throat even better with the aid of magic and my song." He paused, silver eyes daring to match his Gods' with awe.

"I will return after completing these tasks to the best of my ability - May you watch over my attempts and find them pleasing." Another pause, for he did not want to leave the presence of the God so early. "Thank you," he added, beginning to back away. His blood pounded through his body, excitement surging through his healthy veins, the feeling of his newly healed body still exhilarating. "Thank you. I will return!"

@Mythical Request