the Rift

[OPEN] prodigal daughter?

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
[Image: 347zgw0.jpg]

The snake, while illusive, had made sure to appear before Zünden throughout their northerly trek whether it be by appearing far ahead upon a hillock or emerging from the trees like a golden beacon. He prefered to walk alone, unhampered by the idle chatter of women, their complaints or stories, their grievances or whispers and moans.
While Zünden really didn't seem like the type to chatter about such trivial matters, it was a risk he was not prepared to take.

Approaching the arch however, Toulouse crossed the snow to walk beside the shorter woman to accompany her up to his herdland's doorstep. Allowing her through the arch first - because; ladies first - he soon scooted through after, clenching his teeth against the freezer-like temperatures within the glacier. Breaking through the glacial wall of the land he now called home, the gelding have a triumphant huff from the arch's exit, his gaze crossing from the sentinels to the green-speckled basin floor.
"You're home, Zünden" He spoke to the woman. In a way he was glad to have brought her here, and he hoped she was overjoyed to have found home at last.

"are you glad to be home?"
He asked her, his footfalls now treading downwards along the slope towards the sentinels. Would she be sad to hear of Deimos's passing? What about Ulriks? Perhaps he'd save that news for later.

stock image

@Zünden
+ someone to accept her please!!
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden
I need a gangsta, to love me better

She had caught the jesting in his voice before he circled her eyeing her body. She stood stock still her body relaxed. He spoke as he walked away and she pursued him silently. She was going whether he would take her or not. Luckily she didn't have to be a stalker, because he offered to take her home. Of course things had changed since she had last been there; that's how life worked. Dual eyes were trained on his body as he walked ahead of her. She found it strange he hadn't offered a name, but she didn't really care either way.

Her mind wondered back to the times her youth, when her brother had still been around. They had explored almost every part of this land. He might be back in Helovia, but something told her he wasn't. Carefully she tucked the thoughts away for later and focused on their walk. The golden man staid well ahead of her. Good, she didn't have to listen to him prattle on about random crap.

Her excitement pricked as they drew closer. Ears swiveled forward and eyes brightened as he fell back and let her walk through the arch first. It didn't get passed her that he was allowing the lady to go first. Her horned head dipped a small smile playing around her mouth as she strode onward. She breathed in deeply her body fully relaxed now that she was home. Her gaze shifted to the Sentinel in pure ecstasy.

His voice broke through to her brain and she turned a true dazzling smile upon him. There had been times when she thought she would never see home again. Yet here she stood ready to make her concur the world. "You have no idea." Her voice dripped with joy as they walked towards the great machine horse. "I have to ask you something." She paused her gaze never wavering from the entrance to the Basin. "Do you know of a horse named Tiberius, or Adelric?" She hoped he would say yes, that they did live here happy and healthy in the icy land. The mare had schooled herself in not letting her hopes get to high. Still she waited for the answer as the drew nearer to the threshold of her home.

Words :: 381
Tags :: @Toulouse @Rykin
talk
Ride or die with me, that's just what gangsters do
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

While I know what my duties are, wanting to do them is another task entirely. Begrudgingly only I’ve left the borders of the Basin, so far, more than happy to spend my time morosely meandering from one side of it to the other, or winding without mission through the evergreens. Occasionally, I’d even followed some of the herd about, inconspicuously as I might learning what may or may not be useful to me. Mostly, I was using it as an excuse to do nothing, because, I guess, part of me thinks that by refusing to move forward, even though Time is obviously full body shoving me that way, I can make everything stop.

I might even make it go back.

It’s entirely coincidental that I’m walking passed the sagging Sentinels then, when the pair arrive. Standing out like a patch of pale sand against the green and grey realm of the mountain vale, Toulouse, one of the men I’ve been tasked with telling what to do (as if I’d told him to do anything yet), draws my attention first. My first thought at noticing him is to quickly skirt away, while wishing Duir was here, so he could help me in the endeavor.

Muttering about his whereabouts, I begin to turn away, already gathering my muscles to carry me off at a quick trot (canters and gallops are too suspicious), when someone else catches my attention.

Zünden!

Though I’d certainly been closer to her brother, Adelric being the cause of the sudden hope which rises unwelcome through the dark roar of my mourning at the sight of her, I can’t help but feel a certain sense of joy within myself that she’s here, even if my old friend isn’t. Apparently being the sort of dude who deals with change quite badly, the absence of such familiar faces of hers about the valley had left a growing void that at one point, had pushed me out into the wilderness. Though I was going to try and stay now, for the sake of Erebos, Tiamat, and the others I had or would become close to, the sight of the large, gray woman on the horizon certainly helps me solidify that notion.

I trot to the threshold of the Basin, now, rather than away, a call of welcome arriving before I do. Stopping before them, I nod my gratitude to the Phantom who had brought my friend home, before placing my gilded gaze on her, with a warm smile, considering the frigid state of my soul.

"Thank you, Toulouse, yeah?" I half guess, not giving a shit if he’s offended or not (he’ll figure out its nothing personal in time, I’m sure; I treat everyone this way), "Zünden. I haven’t seen you since I first came home, what? Two years ago? What have you been up to? Is…"

Is Adelric with you? I almost ask, but no one else is arriving through the gap in the stone, and I know better than to pose stupid questions. With an ear falling back as that dagger slowly sinks in, I try to get my shit together, quickly hiding the painful diminishing of hope behind a stare which grows more and more empty, each time I resort to using it.

"It’s good to see you," I say, instead, returning to those who are here, "Erebos should be here somewhere. He'll be glad you're back, too."
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

@Toulouse @Zunden

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

For someone who generally felt so cold towards others, Toulouse was genuinely glad to see Zünden home and more than glad to see her at peace with walking past the sentinels. Again, he questioned when the correct time might be to inform her of the rather miraculous changes that had happened, but came to the conclusion that she would find out in her own time.

A familiar face tread delicately towards them; one who made himself quite known at their recent meeting. Rikyn; a thief, and technically his boss. Looking the gilded male up and down, Toulouse assessed the sneakily built stag with a withheld lip, snakish eyes holding no emotion what so ever towards him.
The gratitude that was passed through the theifs eyes were strange to toulouse, almost completely foreign. It wasn't something he expected, not one bit, and certainly not from the master spy.
Toulouse, yeah?

The pale one gave a nod, bowing his hefty crown for a short moment before his neck straightened and his minty gaze crossed over the basin floor. Soon he was questioned again, this time by the prodigal; she asked about two names. Tibirius and Adelric. Family? Friends? He had no idea, and sadly had never heard of the names ever before. "No, my lady Zünden" the phantom uttered. "I have not heard of whom you speak. If they are friends or family and you fret for their wellbeing, please; say the word and I will scout for them"

stock image

@Zünden

boop

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Pare
Zünden

Green and yellow eyes caught sight of the gilded stallion moving their way and she grinned. A warm whinny burst from her lips as he made his way towards them. Rikyn had always been one of her favorite colts when they were growing him. Now that he was grown she could see why. He was tall and slender, but there was power hidden in his body. Her tail whipped at her hocks as he lays a smile in her direction. A quiver rushed through her body. Considering how she had com to exist the mare had kept a good distance from strong stallions. Satiating yourself with lower beings was far from pleasant. Now that she was back home she had the ability to pick the best to bed her.

She watched the exchange between the two stallions carefully hiding her smirk. 'So, I was right to not show him more respect.' The girl put his name in her mind along with the picture of his face; Toulouse. Her attention turns back fully to Rikyn as he addresses her. He starts a question and she lowers her horned head in regret. "No, Rikyn, I tried to find him." A breathy sigh rushes from her. She had never felt the defeat of not finding her brother like she did now facing his friend. She lifted her head up once more her eyes flashing with grief before being hidden once more. After a second she smiled softly, "It'll be nice to see Erebos again." She had liked that colt as well, being the Basin prince hadn't hurt that either.

Toulouse answered her and she shook her head once, "Thank you Toulouse, but if they aren't here, I doubt they are in Helovia." She debated with herself for a second, "Adelric is my brother, several here once knew him." She paused and glanced at Rikyn, "Tiberius is my son." She didn't dare look at the glided man. Not everyone excepted that she had a child, especially when she had been so young. "Either way I appreciate the offer, and if you do come across them, please let me know." The nice words stung her mouth. He seemed to be lower than her friend, there fore he didn't deserve the respect, not yet. But it was easier to get someone to do your bidding when you acted nice. She had learned long ago that her girlish charms were lacking. Not everyone desired strong willed and thick boned mares.

She turned back to Rikyn when she felt it was safe. "I've come home, and I wish to be a warrior." She allowed that to sink in and for him to reply before speaking again. "I have been gone a long time, and time changes things." She knew he was just as aware of that fact as she was. "What else has shifted here?" She watched his face intently wondering if he had a mask and how strong it really was.

Words :: 494
Tags :: Touluse Rykin Oh gosh! I'm sorry if I double tagged!
talk
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

So, that the older folk don’t like having a young buck (har har, Duir, you get that one?) telling them what to do is pretty obvious. From the meeting until now, all the old dudes (which, lets be real, is all of them) have sort of looked at me like I’m some wet behind the ears punk. Sure, they quickly cover it up with their masks of loyalty, and taking the role they have been assigned, but I can see the façade finish slipping on, none the less.

It’s fine by me, I think, my general lack of fucks given over the passed few months actually playing into my favor, for once. The going-gray can all think of me however they want to, for now. I’m new, after all, and those of them that do know me, such as Roland, probably think of me merely as my parent’s son, and the boy who ran away. It’s not like each of us walks around with a salesman, paid to advertise what else we did in our ventures outside of prying eyes. Those sort of things reveal themselves in time, anyway, through your actions, and how much better you can be than everyone else.

Glad that the conversation quickly takes off, distracting me from the potential problem of insubordination from my more aged comrades, I feel a slight chink knick into the armor I’ve thrown up around myself, as Zünden says aloud that which I’d feared. There is no Adelric, slowly ambling his way up the pass, made lame by some wild skirmish; he is simply gone, having gone… where? No one seemed to know.

If not for his sister, here now, I might have thought I’d dreamt him. That he was a small figure in my memory, placed there upon the border of our land, delivered by a mother who did not want him, for how he had come to be; I might have thought he was a figment, a notion I’d contrived to feel less alone, less singled out, to believe that I was not the only one who’s mother did not want them for who they were.

Zünden is real, though. She is real as the memory of the stones piled up along a creek side, and real as Deimos’ final resting place, across the vale. I smile at her, too, not really having words to share, but figuring that I don’t need to say them.

She knows what loss feels like. It’s real to her, too.

So, when she moves on to talk about those she misses, I can’t help but feel my eyes widen at the mention of a son. Zünden, too? It seemed all the girls I’d grown up with had already had sons, or had died before they could. The aftermath of my mother’s regime, her legacy, perhaps shines through more in our generation raised beneath her rule than it does anywhere else.

We are all a bunch of degenerates and corpses, it seems, with the luckiest of us being merely missing persons. At least, I think to myself (much to Duir’s disapproval, wherever he is), I’m not alone in my misery.

"I will tell the others I meet to keep their eyes and ears open for word or sight of a Tiberius, I tell her, not managing the compassion I had for Glacia, because, I suppose, my heart is starting to run low on those things; if this is the way of the world, I cannot allow myself to be wounded by it with every fell swoop of its cruel hand, "though I have never stopped looking for Adelric, nor has Erebos, I’m sure. Her brother, Toulouse, is a meaty fellow, marked with wire, like Zünden has there on her leg."

The tall, pale man seems otherwise adept at his job, from his build and light step, down to the way his eyes intelligently glimmer. Believing he doesn’t need much more than a basic physical description and a name to do what all he could possibly do, I return my attention to the gray mare. She offers her services as a warrior, which I think is suitable enough, and nod in agreement; her father had served in the same position, and though I am not entirely sure if their relationship had ever been mended before he was slain, part of me finds it fitting, regardless.

"Erebos is the General now," I answer, wondering where best to look for him, smiling slightly as I remark on the almost all female status of his military, "we can find him shortly. He should be about with his gaggle of savage amazons somewhere."

When she asks what has changed, however, my smile falls away, becoming again the empty expression of denial. Too much, I want to answer; every single thing, is another. Instead, however, I manage something more useful than a childish retort to a question that hurts.

"The valley is ruled by the Ladies Aisling and Tiamat. The Lord Deimos died at the rise of Birdsong," flatly, I tell of my Uncle’s passing, not revealing the fractures which branch out around his name, the things which were never said, and the blows which had found no closure before closure was forever denied to me; when I try to speak of everything else, however, I flounder, finding the emotional waters to grow frustratingly deep, "shortly after my father."

I stop, unable to say anything else without the flimsy façade that I’m fine shattering into pieces around my hooves. Within a few seconds, I think I can go on, having made my way back to the shallows.

"The Hidden Falls was disbanded, and is no longer a herd land. There is rumor of a healing spring there," I wonder if she holds any ties to that herd too late, not pausing to even appear apologetic if I have wounded her with my callous discussion of a place I could not care less about becoming open territory, "it is good, if there is. I feel it will be necessary in the aftermath of the battle that awaits us. Do you know of the Rift lands? I can’t remember you being at the battles there, but it would have been easy to miss you, considering the amount of mayhem that ensued at each."

@Zunden @Toulouse

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

In a way, Toulouse envied her. Perhaps he wished that it was he who was subject to an emotional homecoming. He wished he was stepping over the threshold to a world left behind for what felt like an eternity, old faces waiting to meet him and all.
There would be none of that waiting for him in T'det, he was quite sure of that. Zünden spoke to the theif, the man who was technically Toulouse's boss. He could see why; the gilded man seemed to be attatched to this snow-covered home by an umbilical cord.
Whether he was a master spy or a true theif was yet to be seen by the pale one.

After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, changing the leg he pressed most of his weight upon, and switching his gaze from the scenery to the two who spoke as if he had some interest in what was being said, Toulouse decided it was best he took his leave. There was not much point on continuing this intrusion on her homecoming any longer. She had friends to meet and a home to settle back into; Toulouse couldn't help her with any of that.
When a break in the coversation arose, Toulouse spoke up.
"It was nice to meet you... both" He murmured, soon taking his footsteps away past the treeline.

stock image

@Zünden

toulou's gone!

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Pare
Zünden

After the bomb about her having a child she gave it a couple seconds before turning to look at him again. She nodded her thanks at his words not really minding his seeming lack of compassion. Life was hard and she didn't expect others to feel her pain. "My son is a bay hybrid with red wire on his leg. He should be around two years old by now." Her eyes flickered with emotion again and she blinked it away. Her heart flinched at all the time she had missed with her boy. She vowed to never leave her next foals side. They would be raised correctly, like her father had done until he had been murdered.

There was a lull in the conversation as Rikyn took it all in and the golden spoke up. She turned her head to him, "Thank you for bringing me home." She dipped her horned head before he turned and left. The second he was out of sight her body relaxed. She turned to look at the gilded. He looked a lot like his mother, but his father's blood was visible as well. It was surreal seeing this man again. How had grown up right, strong, callused, and sexy. Her eyes roamed over him and she allowed the lust she felt to show in her face. If he made a move at anytime she would eagerly accept him.

Her ears pricked as he spoke of the death prince and his role in the herd. 'So they have all risen above me now.' She scowled inwardly at the thought of having fallen behind. Outwardly she smiled then chuckled at his joke, "Amazon warriors huh?" She shifted her weight cocking her hip out lazily. Now that she was in the company of an friend there was no need to stay so rigid.

The second her question hits the air his expression changes. Her heart plummets with his smile and she longs to take it back. Her dark mouth stays shut allowing him to explain. Her eyes widen and her weight shifts back evenly in her surprise. 'No. No. This can't be right..' "How...?" That's all she can manage in her shock; a question that didn't need an answer. 'Poor Erebos...' She could clearly remember the pain of finding her father's broken body. Then he throws out another bombshell. Her own mask shatters, her throat tightens and eyes water.

Before she can even think of what to say; not that there is anything to say. She steps closer to him trying to embrace him(careful no to gouge him). "Oh Rikyn..." Her voice is deep and laced with her sorrow for him, for the herd, for everyone. How was the Basin even functioning after losing everyone that mattered? Gods, both of the men she considered her best friends had lost their fathers while she was way. Now they were all alone. Was this the purpose of life, to create bonds only to have them ripped away?

It didn't take long for her to realize what she had done and she backed up. Her ears flickered to the side in a rare bout of nervousness. She cleared her throat trying to shake the sorrow from her face. Thankfully he moved the conversation on to something else that surprises her. She didn't really care that the Falls was gone, she didn't give a fuck about her mother. Little did she know that mare was long dead. The thought of healing springs caught her attention and she filled that away thoughtfully.  Then he was off and running about a battle and a rift. Her head shakes, "No I haven't heard anything about the Rift lands. Who would we be going to war against?" Her blood boiled at the thought of a battle. Blood and gore were some of her favorite things. The naughty school girl instantly turned into the goody-two-shoes ready to take notes instead of spankings.

Words :: 656
Tags :: @Rikyn Sorry this took so long. Have emotional termoil xD
talk
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

The departure of Toulouse is met with a curious rising of my left brow, but nothing more; I’m the sort who’s prone to tempestuous bouts of outrage when my moody decisions are countered by some obtrusive asshole, so I keep my mouth shut, except for the standard, and polite, goodbye I give to him.

"See you around, I’m sure," I say with a nod, wondering all the while if it was something I said.

A lot of the time… it is.

Ah well, fuck it.

No sooner does the slender, gold man leave than Zunden becomes the girl I remember; her lazily cocked him and snotty smile returning, rather than this testing the water pretender that had been there moments before. I don’t know if I have a setting like that; I certainly found it irritating that other people did.

"Ha, yeah, it’s a bunch of chicks, either nuts or just overly bitchy," I chuckle and wink, "you should fit in great!"

The lightheartedness of the moment is swept away by the mentioning of my dad, however, and when she asks how and wraps her neck around me, I freeze up, my head lifting and my eyes growing cold and distant. I want to move away from her, but have figured out that most girls don’t like that at all. It’s a great way to get stabbed or kicked, and I’m certainly not really in the mood to hurt more.

When she steps back, I look away, and grit my teeth, ears splaying aside.

I don’t like the sympathy. It makes my stomach curl with rage and my heart ache with a hurt that grows like cold fire up old cloth rags. So I change the subject. I avoid the hollow that is slowly icing itself inside my heart. I’ll deal with it tomorrow, for the thousandth time; not here, not now, now her, not ever because it sucks, and I’d rather talk shit about how everyone else’s lives are falling apart.

"Well, it’s a long story," I say, looking at her with a weak smile, and beginning to head into the Basin if she agrees to it, "I can tell you while we walk, if you’d like? I’m sure you’ve missed the Springs. I know I always do; evidently, naturally hot pools of water are uncommon phenoms. Who knew?"

@Zunden

Wishlist - Plots