the Rift

[OPEN] knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest]

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

fox boy

Sacre hadn't really been gone from the Aurora Basin all that long before he was back again, standing near the ruined sentinels, waiting to make sure the group of Edgers who accompanied him on the mission were all accounted for before he made any move to call out across the mountains. Beside him, as always, were his two partners in crime, Inari and Ríona, who sat where they usually sat beside his slender forelegs, watching and waiting for proceedings to begin. He wondered if the Basin would mind them asking if they could take some water, it wasn't like they were borrowing it and giving it back later, and he had nothing to offer but that of friendship and good will. As well as the promise that they would be just as accommodating should they come down from their frosty home on a quest of their own. He wasn't sure he had the authority to make such a promise, but he would make it anyway should they ask. What he would do if they denied their request he wasn't sure, he wouldn't take what he was not offered, but he also saw no reason for them to say no. Yet, as always, Sacre went through the motions of every worse case scenario his creative brain could conjure even through they were only here for a bit of water.

Turning to survey his friends, he offered an encouraging smile "is everyone okay?" he asked with a note of concern, his healers instinct taking over as ever it did, whilst he counted heads to check everyone had indeed made it.

Judging by the sun in the sky it was sometime past noon, warm if not a little cloudy, and not as suffocating with humidity like the Worlds Edge often was at times in these long Tallsun days. Deciding it was time, he raised his sooty lips and called out to the Basin, "Hail Basin! The Worlds Edge seeks an audience and to ask a favour" he kept it short and to the point, but as friendly as one could possibly manage whilst shouting to get attention. 

After that he fell silent and waited for someone to greet them.

Tagging those interested: @Raeden @Ingrid @Akumi @Lyanna (? I didn't know if you wanted to join, but tagged you anyway <3) @Sansa @Rexanna (& Kiada, but I'll only tag ya once ;D)

We are here on a herd quest, to request some water from the pool near the Haruspex Mirror.

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

Compared to the soupy air of the edge, the climate here was just splendid. Ingrid was suddenly very glad she'd come here instead of going to the Dragon's Throat. It had been a long walk though. Like, really long. Her hooves were killing her. This is what I get for going soft. she thought dryly, remembering how strong she'd been after her near hundred-mile trek to reach Helovia.

She shifted her weight to try to alleviate some of the soreness before they started walking again. She assumed they were going to go further before being greeted by the Basin. Sacre's bellow proved her wrong. Ingrid quickly decided that there had to be a more efficient way to do this. Her herd was here to get help building a giant, glass temple for goodness' sake, she refused to believe that a damn doorbell was out of reach, especially with Gods around who were willing to help. Regardless, she was content for now to wait for the Basin representatives.

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

ask no questions

There’s been a deluge of visitors lately. She should just hang out with the sentinels all the time, waiting like a welcoming committee. It would be easier. Today she’s been running laps around the Basin, trying to tire herself out. There’s some pleasure in finding that though, of course, she does tire some, she can keep going. Her endurance has always been solid, but living here, running through mountain passes and circling the herd land has made her stronger still. More able to keep going, really, which is her only advantage on the battlefield normally.

Raven is the first to spot the visitors, and he tries to convey this through their bonds in weird emotions. She gets the point, though she has no idea who’s come to visit or if they are friendly or how many. But she keeps running, making hey way to the sentinels that fake guard the herd with their useless, metallic bodies. They still seem to give visitors pause though, at least those that knew what they used to do. Weaver’s never seen them in working order, only in their current broken-down state. She’s hoping Rikyn and Tia will keep up on the promise to make them work again, because they’d be awesome.

There’s a handful of horses apparently from the World’s Edge waiting to be let in. She’s sweaty, mane sticking to her lathered skin, but that doesn’t stop her from approaching. Let them see how hard the army of the Basin works. Or maybe they would assume she’s just super out of shape, but whatever. Raven lands on her back and she approaching, offering a caw, his only way of saying hello. Though he doesn’t come down from her back, not sure what to make of the foxes hanging with Sacre.

“Welcome to the Basin,” she says with her usual Cheshire grin, voice smoky and a bit breathless, though not too bad given how hard she’s been working. “I’m Weaver. What sort of a favor do you seek?” And then she settles in to wait, pretty sure more Basiners would be along, but even if they aren’t, she feels equipped enough to handle this little gathering if need be.

- weaver -

and you'll be told no lies

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Sacre @Ingrid

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Oh, for fucks sake, I think, arriving back home (alone, as my companion had remained in the herd land to graze and observe everyone) to discover my way blocked by what appears to be another collective of visitors to the Basin. Tired of the meet and greets, tired of being the boss already, I just want to push my way through them, meander to my cave, and spend the rest of the day avoiding it all.

That’s not how life works though, especially not here, in Helovia, when you were appointed (and threatened, in the same moment) by a God. That I happened to sort of respect the guy as well aided in my desire to help, if the fact that he’d threatened to blow up my childhood home didn’t already prod me along enough.

Looking over the cluster of arrivals, I determine that they are, of course, from the Edge. The Throat had always been a bit stand offish, prickly as the cactus’ that littered their dry, horrible home (I’m a northman, through and through, to be sure), and unlikely, then, to approach a strange land so many times, so soon. Rolling my eyes, only tethered from fussing at them all for perpetually wasting my afternoons with cordialities and hellos by the sight of Sacre, I weave my way through the gathered arrivals, grumbling rather irritated requests for them to get out of my way. If they don’t move soon enough, I simply keep moving, not slowing down for anyone.

They shouldn’t even be here, I mentally gripe, my shoulders roughly brushing by the Edgians.

Hoping to simply appear alongside the black stallion as he converses with Weaver (guess its good Erebos’ women have the border on lock, considering it’s apparently the latest hangout), I look over at him with an impish smile.

"Yeah, what sort of favor?" I amusedly question, "I’m afraid you can’t have your crown back, if that’s what you want. I’ve grown quite fond of it."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

The pale specter moved alongside the moon doctor. Her golden pelt was a stark contrast to the man's black coat. The sun glimmered and glistened against her pelt. Cream strands flowed down her neck in a milky wave of movements. Raeden was regal with every step and she knew it. Walking into the Basin she was unsure if her sister was still here, or if the Lord was still ruling over the lands. Quietly teal orbs flicked over to the mare that tagged along. Her head dipped softly and they continued on their journey. What feels like minutes was actually hours. The pale specter enjoyed going to the Basin and never found it a task to accomplish. So finally their journey came to an end when they reached the mouth of the Basin.

Tin jumped about her side waiting for the arrival of her sister and Alice. His bright colored body bloomed like a rose in the bland mountain colors. Green eyes waited with eagerness, but soon the bright glow dimmed when a painted mare arrived. He wanted to narrow his eyes and give the woman a look, but he simply did not do this. Tin turned away and walked to Raeden's side. The bright silver flecks looked to the woman and she let a smile come to her maw. She was slightly bitter her sister was not here at this moment, but she waited. Then a man arrived that she was not expecting to see. Teal orbs wanted to narrow upon his presence, but just like Tin she ignored this urge. Quietly she waited for both to finish speaking. Her muzzle wanted to snarl at the remark made by the gold and black man, but Raeden remained stoic.

Her sweet honey tones filled the air instead of the poisoned dagger-like words she normally spat at the gold and black man. "Hello, I am Raeden a Specter of Edge. Weaver, it is a pleasure to meet you." Her words come to a halt as she looks to Rikyn."Now do not be silly, you precious crown is safe upon your head. I must ask is my sister Hotaru still here? I have not seen her." Teal orbs flick to the painted mare, then to the Moon doctor. "I am sorry I got off topic. We are here for a quest. If you would be willing to help us." Her crowned skull looked back to Sacre to allow the man to speak. Quietly she then looked to the mare Ingrid to see if she would speak as well. Tin, on the other hand, let a small sense of worry fill his heart. He did not smell Hotaru or Alice anywhere. What happened to them? that was the only question pending in his mind. The deer slightly knew the answer the man might tell her, but he did not speak this to Raeden. Tin remained silent.

"Talk."

@Sacre @Ingrid @Waever @Rikyn

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
Akumi had chosen to go with Sacre and the others. The walk was long but not very tiresome, her Marwari heritage gave her the endurance she needed to travel.

As they approached the Basin, Akumi looked up to see mighty metal horses. She’d never seen anything like these and didn’t know if they even worked. Regardless she intended to keep her distance had one accidentally step on her and injure her greatly. The air in this place was much more crisp than the edge seemed to be. It was colder too, something Akumi wasn’t used to. She didn’t like the cold much as her coat didn’t have much extra fur to keep her warm. Her skin shivered a few times as she came to a stop and Sacre bellowed out a call.

They were met by a seemingly nice mare who called herself Weaver. She was covered in sweat and appeared to be working hard. Akumi admired things like this. Not long after a large black and gold stallion charged through. Her curved ears perked tall at the sight of him. He seemed like a proud tall stallion and someone worthy of respect. However, from the moment he opened his lips, her opinion quickly changed. She silently looked toward Ingrid to see if she might’ve thought the same.

Crown? What was he talking about with Sacre? Did he lose his position to this stallion that seemed too arrogant to be in power? She figured from their talk that he was the Basin Lord so she best keep her opinions about him to herself. Calmly and quietly she spoke up. “If you could help us with our quest for a little water, it would be greatly appreciated.” she said with as friendly body language as possible. She didn’t want to upset this stallion in any way.

Akumi

image credit

@ingrid @rikyn @weaver
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Resolve is never stronger than in the morning
after the night It was never weaker

As if composed of naught but darkness, Toulouse took his place among the pine and shadow the underside of the mountain provided. From his outpost, now made up of a hearty, warm cave and a ledge from which to view the valley, the view granted him the unmistakable figures of the blood-stained doctor and that sad excuse of a specter treading their way through the arch. Furrowing his brows, Toulouse wondered if it was common for Raeden to invite herself in to places they did not belong. The fact that Sacre accompanied her, and as well as two strangers he did not recognise calmed him ever so slightly, but surely they'd had enough Edge visits for the season.

Collecting his cloak, the iridescent mithril cloth of mithril mail, strapping it over his chest, Toulouse was soon on his way to intercept the incoming edge party. He knew he would not be the first responder - the basin had an overwhelming amount of eyes, always watching from every single crack and crevasse imaginable. Surely enough by the time he had descended the mountain and tread upon a last few eastern hillocks, a small gathering was growing under the sentinels. The serpent approached from the east, cloaked by the shadow of the mountain and hidden by his own calculation having chosen to approach the edge trio from behind.

Upon his approach, he heard the insufferable voice of the woman he did not hate, simply could hardly bare to listen to... or even look upon. From her peach-coloured hide to the comical colours in her horn, Toulouse would never hate Raeden as she hated him - he simply cared far, far too little about her for such a strong feeling.
Now do not be silly, you precious crown is safe upon your head.
Toulouse was struck for a short moment, wondering what on earth the poor darling was on about; The Lord hadn't even spoken to her and yet she felt the need to pipe up with that?
While his greeting for Rikyn was best saved, the silent sleuth's gaze crossed to Weaver with a nod of acknowledgement, all the while hoping his herd-sister would not take offence to the grave, disgruntled expression struck upon his face.
"I am sorry I got off topic. We are here for a quest. If you would be willing to help us."

The pale one had approached.
His muzzle outstretched towards the peach-coloured mare, aiming to brush his lips over the scars he had inflicted upon her a number of months prior as he strolled past. Flicking his crimped tail in her direction, praying it would cover her face, the gelding ambled towards his King and Lord, the Puppeteer. While he certainly had no quarrel with the Moon doctor, nor the strange doe who stood with him, there was a great agitation that arose when someone like Raeden felt as though she could scold their Lord.
Standing protectively beside the Lord and the corporal, a herd-sister he was coming to grow fond of just by watching her comings and goings, the pale sleuth spoke.
"My Lord Rikyn," He spoke gracefully "Would you not agree that we are always happy to help our friends?"
Turning his gaze to Raeden, the male continued.
"Of course we are. And yet, So far it seems that this poor unlikely team of edge-folk have naught to offer us but a snide, scolding remark from their Specter. How disappointing. Why should we help them when we have been treated like this, my lord?" Craning his head over both the unfamiliar mares then to Sacre, his words continued. "Forgive me Doctor, Ladies, for the crime was committed not as a team but by a rogue offender. The three of you I must exclude from this, and as a phantom of the Basin you have my welcome"

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Sansa Posts: 19
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Two Years (Ages in TallSun)
Lady :: Northern Inuit Dog :: None Emily
S
A
N
S
A

I had not been home long, before I heard of a group heading out to the Basin. I don't even know why, but for some reason I decided it would be a great idea to tag along. Lady is settled against my withers as I rush to catch up to the group who has already left. After all, I wanted to see more of Helovia... What better way than to help on this mission of sorts.

What I had not realized, was exactly how far the Basin was from the Edge. It had not taken long after I had caught up to the group for me to fall behind. As the youngest in the group, I tried to remain the most poised as I caught up to the adults. Lady thankfully had decided now was a great time to take a long nap and had not only been asleep for most of the trip but remained asleep even now as my excitement built up.

Since I arrive after the adults had started talking, I hang in the back listening intently and trying to learn the way of diplomacy.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

fox boy

Just like before, they were eventually greeted by a handful of Basiners of two he recognised and one he did not. The one he did not recognise appeared first, a vision in sweaty monochrome adorned by wings and horns, usually the sign of a hybrid, though not always and a sight that might have been unwelcome a few years back—how times did change as power was passed from one to another. Not quick enough Sacre thought, thinking of Mesec with a note of sadness. "Thank you Weaver, I am Sacre" he greets, smiling amicably and dipping his head in thanks, wondering what she had been doing to be so lathered in sweat. "A quest—" he went to explain before stopping short, noting the muttering Rikyn pushing his way through the crowd before he eventually stood alongside and the fox-boy met the King's mischievous gaze with great amusement. There was still a part of Sacre that remembered Rikyn as the colt he had once been, masquerading with another name, come to explore the deserts of the Dragons Throat with his two comrades; Sacre often wondered about their real names, presuming they had been in on the ruse. However, to see him now, grown and embracing Lordship, he found himself wondering if that boy was still in there somewhere, Dristan, under all those gruff layers he seemed to have grown.

Yet, for a moment, the conversation got away from him as Raeden spoke with the same boldness Sacre remembered her for and Toulouse arrived to like a stubborn wrench in his plans. He had to stifle a great sigh that was trying it's utmost best to explode from his lips at the sudden tension seemingly created by his own silly fictitious Kingdom used to impress children. "Pretty words Toulouse, and unnecessary I think, but I thank you for your kind consideration to exclude me and our ladies from your criticism, I do forgive you" he shrugged off the phantom and his scorn with a flippant uncaring dismissal, trying his best not to actually look at Toulouse for fear his annoyance might actually show on his face as the burning need to defend Raeden rose within him. The fox-boy still didn't understand the true intentions of Toulouse at all, but Sacre had no wish to go down that particular road, he was not here for an argument and thus sought to head it off quickly. "Yet, a team we are, however unlikely, I'm sorry if we have caused you needless offence Rikyn, that's really not why we're here " he turned back to Rikyn, throwing a quick glance at Raeden as he did so, pleading her to hold her prejudices and her temper as he grappled to keep things smooth, knowing full well that he didn't have any kind of power over Raeden but that of a fellow herd mate who silently begged her to save any temper for later. Sacre knew first hand what it was like to be on the receiving end of that. Though he would happily risk her wrath if she should direct it at him, if it would complete this simple task. "I do not think I could take it back even if I tried, alas I am not here for my crown, it fits you better anyway" he winked with mirth, assuming the same manner he had the day he told Dristan that he was the King of Spies "and Lord of the Basin it appears too, congratulations" he concluded with a flourish to finish it off. Sacre had always liked to err more on the dramatic side, perhaps he might make a great storyteller one day.

"Yes a quest" he nodded at Akumi, grateful for her input, it gave him an opportunity to return to the main reason behind them being a border nuisance "I was just about to mention it to Weaver here, we are charged with a task by our Goddess, to build her a worthy temple, for that she has told us we need water from the pool near the Haruspex mirror, I ask that you permit us this favour or even trade, if there is something you might also seek from us" he then placed a glass jar, taken from the healers greenhouse, at his feet.  

"We only need what will fit in this jar and then we will leave, lest we outstay our welcome" he pushed it forward towards the Lord.

ehrm post order is probably a lie in a thread this big :3 I'm sorry if I missed anything D:

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Everything goes okay, at first. Sacre looks back at me with that conspiratorial grin I’d first seen him wear, and those who have come with him settle into place in almost perfect time.

Then, Raeden opens her stupid mouth – I glare at her – and Toulouse arrives out of the woods. Turning my eyes towards him, taking in his words with backwards slanted ears, I wonder if my parents ever felt this way: as if they were being pulled in a dozen directions by tiny children, mewling their wants and complaints with grating incessancy, and one of those kids you really, really just wanted to punch in the face.

"Certain folk shouldn’t make house-calls, I guess," I reply, rolling my gaze towards the rose colored bitch with all my annoyance with her clearly displayed on my face, "especially those who should understand I don’t particularly like them to begin with. And no, you overly nosy pincushion, I don’t know where your sister is. No one does."

The smile spread on my lips is perhaps a bit cruel. Oh well.

"But Toulouse is right," I say, a warmer grin broaching my face as I redirect my eyes toward the red-splashed unicorn, glancing down at the jar he’s set on the ground before us; though I’m not sure how much the Spark will like the idea, I’m sure it can’t hurt to show a bit of good faith towards our neighbors, especially with Kaos frolicking about, swatting people across the Marsh like flies, "we help our friends, and predecessors, I suppose. I will take two of you – not called Raeden - to the Mirror, now. I would rather no more enter that sacred place."

Mostly, Raeden can’t come because she’s already framed me once and attempted to stab me twice, and also because, well, for once, I have the power over her. Meeting her eyes smugly, as I stride forward and turn about, I meet the others with a grin, a knowing look given to the Sacre.

"You know how the God of Time can be," I chuckle, "eternity seems to make one hostile, even more so what with the Marsh business. Toulouse, Weaver, perhaps you could entertain our other guests while they wait? Regale them with legends, sing songs, whatever. We’ll be back shortly."

With that, I wait for the two who are coming along to step forward, and set off towards the cavern, some short distance across the vale.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It was a long day of preparation before making the trek. This would be the first time Safiri ever got to leave the Edge, and with permission from Alysanne, the ex-Thief had managed to find a harness and a glass cart that was on standby for the herd to use. Eager, Rexanna brought the tools back to the cave, excited to show her daughter that the filly could see the world, albeit with help. And when the day came, Rexanna got into the harness with the help of Marembo moving bits and pieces around for comfort, and making sure the cart was connected, the trio set off.

The cart made it easy for Safiri to be able to take a break when she needed it, to safely make it past the Edge’s large glass spikes and view the world around. And while they explored and lagged behind the rest of the group, Rexanna knew the way to the Basin by heart. She’d never get lost when it came to her first home, so when she finally couldn’t see the group ahead of her, it didn’t worry her in the slightest. They’d make it there, one way or another.

Though much to the gilded mare’s delight, the trio wasn’t far off from arriving when the rest of the Edge did. While they had missed the exchanging of words between Raeden and Toulouse, she arrived when Rikyn – quite a familiar face to her – mentioned he’d be willing to bring a couple of Edgers to the mirror while Toulouse could stay back with a Pegasus mare Rexanna didn’t recognize. As she approached, with the harness and cart behind her, she inhaled deeply before speaking. “Rikyn! What a pleasant surprise to see you here!” She began, a grin forming on her pale lips. “Is Tiamat around? She informed me about Deimos’ passing, and I’d like to pay respects.” She added in quietly, figuring that Sacre and the other Edge members had informed them of their task. Then, after she spoke, she motioned toward her daughter with a broad smile. “This is Safiri, my daughter. Tiamat also wants to meet her.” Rexanna added in, her smile growing softer as her gaze lingered on Rikyn.

As she paused in waiting, however, Marembo spotted Rikyn from what seemed like a mile away. Immediately, with no regard to herd formalities, the polecat dashed toward the chocolate and gold stallion, little paws reaching for his leg with a squeal of hopefulness that his cerndyr friend might be around here somewhere. His bright blue eyes looking up at the man, paws extended in the air as if he was trying to motion that he wanted to see Duir.

"Talk?"
rexanna
darling, you have a dreamer's heart.
you mustn't let the clouds eclipse your light.
image || coding

@Safiri and @Rikyn Marembo's like "BRO. BRO, WHERES DUIR??? BRO." LOL
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

Teal cold eyes met the gaze of the newly crowned Lord of the Basin. She wanted to let her expression fall and roll at the response she was about to get, but then a voice screeched like nails on a chalkboard. Silver flecks did not pay this man a Lick of attention as he began to walk up on the group. As he began to approach closer and closer, Tin almost let a hiss from his mouth. He cloaked his bonded, and she simply stepped away from the on-coming man. Cream hooves tracked backward as he appeared to grow closer. He reached out to try and bite the mare, but she was out of his reach. How stupid did he look now? Then he 'tried' to flick his tail into her face, but Raeden was already too far away.The invisible pair finally came to a halt next to a young mare. In the blink of an eye, they reappeared to the group. "And here he goes assuming the world. Because clearly someone here is omnificent of everyone before he really knows them." Silver orbs flashed in the petty man's direction, but she said not a single word more. He did not know her, and why should she even care what an imbecile thinks of her? Her pointed skull then looks to the moon doctors direction as he Kindly scolds the man slightly for his unnecessary words. A thankful dip of her skull to him was all she could express right now. Then the next beast spoke up.

Dear lord baby Jesus here we go! Blah, blah, blah then some more words of insult spat from his mouth. Oh okay here is something interesting, here sister is no longer here. Sadness wanted to fall upon her features, but she remained stoic and like a statue. Her head simply dipped after he was done. Just be nice, keep your mouth shut. Do not let your face show the expressions. It is not surprising that the new Lord is not a big fan of her, and she is not a big fan of him. They do have a rocky past, and this might be the first time they are not really arguing about something.Well, kinda... She listened as Sacre spoke more in depth about the quest, and then Rikyn speaks up to say only two may enter. Oh, and one was not her. Cream tresses flick at her tail as Tin chuckled slightly. You had it coming. She really did not have to ask to enter the Basin. The pair could sneak in together under the cloak of Tin's magic. The mare respected the Lord's wishes. "I understand Lord, I will remain outside the walls. Because I always ask permission before I enter a herd." It was a sly remark that caused the mare to crack a deviant smile. Maybe if the man waited outside Edge walls there would be not tension, but he had to enter with out permission. The golden lady finally caught up with them. She had her child in tote and Raeden smiled softly with a nod of hello to them both. With everything said and done, the gold marked man asked the two to step forward and travel with him. She will wait out here with Weaver and the other Edge members. Oh, and that other person. What was his name again? That's right, Toulouse.

"Talk."

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

They didn’t have to wait long for a response from the Basin. A piebald hybrid appeared and introduced herself as Weaver. She looked young. Ingrid felt jealousy rise in her chest. Since moving to Helovia, Ingrid had been operating at peak politeness, and here was this mare, not too much older, who apparently had the authority to give them the official herd welcome. She suddenly found herself missing New Rheven, missing being respected like that. Walking on eggshells all the time was getting old, fast. When was the last time she’d sworn aloud? When was the last time she’d walked with her head held high? She longed for the kind of freedom Weaver had.

She was knocked out of her reverie when someone shouldered her in the stomach. Another Basin herd member had arrived, and was shoving his way past them to Sacre. Asshole, Ingrid thought, biting her tongue as newcomer mocked the Moon Doctor. (At least Ingrid assumed that was what he was doing, since she had absolutely no idea what that whole crown thing was about.) How come he got to be a perpetual shitface and she didn’t? It wasn’t fair. A second later though, she was glad she’d remained quiet.

Raeden hadn’t really insulted him, yet suddenly everyone was up in arms.

A third Basiner, whom Ingrid instantly disliked, appeared out of nowhere and spoke to the pushy one, ”My Lord Rykin...” Oh. That explains it. He’s their herd lead. And he can't be much older than Weaver! The third horse seemed to be suggesting that due to one little comment, their request for water should be thrown out altogether. He then addressed the group from the Edge, saying that he hadn’t meant to offend Sacre or the other ladies. First of all, Ingrid was as much a lady as a sabre tooth tiger was a kitty cat, plus the whole premise made her skin crawl. Sorry, we won’t let you build your Goddess a temple because while we’re happy to dish out insults, we couldn't possibly let that tiny comment about our leader stand. Don’t take it personally!

She watched the rest of the exchange through narrowed eyes, even for insulting a herd lead, this seemed like an overreaction. What do they have against Raeden? she wondered. She’d met the mare when she joined the Edge, and while she hadn’t struck Ingrid as a lot of fun, she had been polite and quite helpful. She couldn’t figure out why the Aurora Basin horses seemed to hate her so much. Maybe she and her sparkle-deer were a little vain, but that didn’t merit the remark about her sister, which was fucking savage, mind you.

Eventually though, Sacre seemed to calm everyone down, and Rikyn agreed to take two of those gathered to the Basin’s holy place. This is what she had been waiting for, a chance to learn about the Gods of the other herds. Trying to remember her manners, she quietly moved towards Sacre. “Sir,” she whispered, “Akumi and I are Philosophers. Unless you think others would be better suited, we would both be glad of the opportunity to visit the Time God’s sacred mirror. If they're really going to tell Basin legends for those waiting though, I'm sure remaining here would be equally worthwhile."

Sorry about the long post! I sort of thought posting order was a thing, and then it wasn't. I had to include all the stuff that happened since her last post. @Sacre @Akumi

Safiri Posts: 18
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 6 months
Haki :: African Wild Dog :: Paralyze dark
safiri

The princess was absolutely enamoured with the idea of going outside of the Edge, her black soaked legs had been trembling with excitement at the thought of escaping from behind the shining glass spikes that stand at the border; she had never been beyond them, much less beyond the cave entrance, and so when her mother proposed the lamb came with her to the Basin, she was beyond excited. Safiri could not contain herself, and her heart couldn't handle the pulse pounding excitement as she had paraded about the cave waiting for her mother's return with the glass cart in tow. When she did, the child was already breathless and dizzy, laying herself into the embrace of the warm glass cart and waiting for the ache of her body to pass.

Safiri would have loved to walk more than she had during their trip, to have witnessed the outside world for the first time with her own eyes, but her petite heart could not take the stress that was brought on by the long journey - so instead the lamb spent some time at her mother's side, walking slow and steadily, and the rest nestled in the cart with spring green catching every glimpse of the world it could take in. She was filled with curiosity as the sights passed her by, the long journey was filled with glorious green pines and looming mountains whose tops kissed the white clouds above her head, the mists of the Edge a forgotten marvel against the landscape she traversed now. Her little onyx hooves met the crunch of gentle snow - her first time seeing it - delighted by the way it sunk in with her every step and melted over her skin upon contact, she frolicked there for only a fleeting moment before the fatigue hit her.

They came upon the Basin's border, and Safiri let her jaw hang at the tall metal sentinel that hung over her, almost a menacing presence with it's hollow bronze eyes and creaky interiors; the girl shrunk as they passed it, as if the translucent cart could hide her small gilded body from the empty metal unicorn. Her mother takes her farther in, Safiri's midnight stained head poking over the edge of the cart as she looks out at the snow covered mountains that surround the Basin, glittering green a contrasting sight to the comparatively dull landscape. Her eyes meet the masses of bodies, widening at the sight of so many horses in one small place - never before had the princess seen so many bodies at once, familiar with seeing only one or two at a time.

They're a variety of colours, species, height and personality, the air around them is heavy, suffocating; a tense wire, sparking and ready to light the world ablaze with one wrong move, even Safiri can pick that up. But her mother eases into the group, striding so confidently towards them all as if there was nothing wrong, as if she belonged withing the snow covered landscape, among its horned residents. Safiri cautiously eyes Rikyn, as her mother calls him, noticing how casually her mother directly addresses the young unicorn. The princess straightens up when her name is mentioned, crawling cautiously from the cart and making her way to her mother's side, pausing before the crowd as if she's waiting to be adored or looked down upon, uncertain about how she should feel before the lingering eyes of others.

She tries to push the discomfort aside, looking up into the golden eyes of the unicorn and offering a small smile and nod. "Hello mister Rikyn." It's a feeble attempt at a greeting, clearing her throat as she stares up at the older audience, trying to settle her fragile heart as it beats against her chest out of anxiety; she can feel herself tiring already, just from the shock of meeting so many people at once, when she had barely spoken to anyone outside of a very small circle back in the Edge. Her gut is twisting, churning, yelling for her to get back into the cart and ask her mother to take her home. An adventure that began filled with anticipation and glee soon comes crashing down, realizing just how little she hates such large groups. She glances towards the rest of them, whispering softly with gentle, golden honey tones, "hello everyone." Safiri presses herself towards her mother's side, leaning into the golden and ivory side of her dam to find comfort in familiarity, rather than standing alone among a mass of foreign bodies.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
Respectfully coming closer to Sacre and Ingrid who had just moved forward to speak with him, she listened intent on what was coming out of her parted lips. Akumi had especially good hearing and she listened to Ingrid. She began with “Sir” Akumi had a strange feeling at Sacre being addressed so formally. After she had met him in the Threshold she had seen him more as a best friend and guide rather than someone of heiarchy. She’d not addressed him as anything other than Sacre since they’d met and she wondered if he might’ve mistaken her comfortableness with the stallion for disrespect.

Neverminding that, she thought back to the subject at hand. Who would go to the mirror to get the water? Since she’d gotten here she’d always wanted to explore more of Helovia and the Basin was a place she was interested in because of the God of the Spark. She wanted to know more and was eager to go in but she wasn’t the assertive type to insist to go if someone else wanted to go instead. She lightly swished her long red tail with hues of orange and yellow to touch Sacre’s hocks to let him know that she was there and she had agreed with Ingrid. “However the choice is completely yours if you’d like to send others instead.” She piped up.

Turning one pointed ear to the direction of the others to listen for an objection and leaving the other to listen to Sacre, she quietly and patiently awaited a response.

Akumi

image credit

@ingrid @sacre
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

ask no questions

She keeps her mouth shut through a whole lot of what’s going on. Why? Because Raeden’s answer is basically useless, Rikyn is snarky, and Toulouse is worse. And the problem is, she really wants to play this lovely game. But at the same time, she knows better. Rikyn can do what he damn well pleases, given that he’s Lord and all now (though he’s hardly had time to grow used to that crown he apparently likes). But her? She’s nothing here, really, and she’s still earning her place in this joint. Also, she was raised as a princess, and she knows the value of a friendship. Even with pretty pale mares that don’t say anything useful.

Because she can friendship lead to? Knowledge. And what is knowledge? Power. Hello association.

Clearly something happened between some of them though. She watches Toulouse’s antic with Raeden, wondering what the point of that was. Or the comments about the crown for that matter. And basically, everything going on in this cluster. Because it was a cluster, and she was getting annoyed, and she really wanted to hit someone.

Then more Edglings come and dude, she can’t help it. “How many do you need to collect some water?” she says, something playful and not just cruel behind it, mischief sparking in her eye. But seriously, there’s a whole mini-army of Edglings here to get one tiny jar of water. She turns to the one asking after Tia, and then glance at Rikyn. “I’m sure she’s around, though possibly busy. Raven can look for her, if Rikyn approves.” Raven just sort of caws, knowing his name was said, but having no idea exactly what’s going on. Weaver tries to send him emotions of ocean and pretty and nice and slowly, he begins to piece it together.

Then she turns to whoever is staying behind. Raeden, clearly, and half the Edge with her, apparently. “So since we’ll be hanging out for a little while, what shall we do to pass the time?” Because she is totally not just standing here trading idle insults. That’s fun and all, but hardly beneficial.

- weaver -

and you'll be told no lies

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Rikyn @Rexanna @Raeden for mentions

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

fox boy

Sacre smiled gladly at Rikyn, at least for now the possible bickering match had been postponed, though the fox-boy couldn't help but be a little curious about what Raeden had been up to to cause such a kerfuffle with the Basin's residents. He regretfully placed his nosiness aside, however, as one of the Edge mares who had accompanied him suggested that she and Akumi should go, citing their desire as Philosophers to see the glass mirror. The Doctor looked around, checking to see if anyone else would like to volunteer, before he turned back to them "no, you should go" he smiles at the white-faced mare, pushing the jar to her "please bring back the water we need in this" he nodded to Akumi, the mare he had found in the Threshold, and waited for them to follow Rikyn "thank you, Rikyn" he grinned as he left. He did find it a little odd that some were deferring to his judgement, he was only a Doctor, and a not very experienced one at that. The fox-boy quickly found himself wishing Alysanne was there to do the talking for him.

Although Sacre pined to see a little of his childhood home again, he was content to remain behind with their mismatched company, lest his love for this northern realm claim his heart again only to break it when he had to go back home. Perhaps he wouldn't have gone back... Such was the claim these mountains had on him.

Instead he lingered on the border, not daring to go any further, and turned his attention to Weaver with an apologetic smile "your realm appears to have attracted many from the Worlds Edge, each with a different reason for coming, I'm sorry if this seems a little... aggressive?" he wondered if that was the right word, as he let his irritation from earlier slowly ebb away, feeling sure he too would feel rather uneasy with this many Basiners on the Edge border. There was nothing to do about it now, however, as he settled in to wait for the water to be retrieved. 

Turning to one side, he watched as a golden horned mare, strapped to a glass cart to carry her precious cargo, asked for Tiamat, as the foal left her transport and pressed into her mothers side. Sacre peered down at the young filly with a gentle grin lining his face "you've travelled far little one" he marvelled with great exaggeration leading into a playful wink, as always he did when he talked to the younger citizens of Helovia. Then he turned back to Weaver and Toulouse, eying them both expectantly "well then, tell us a tale about the Aurora Basin" he shrugged, not wanting it descend into an argument again and also thinking about the young ears that travelled with them. 

Sacre nods in agreement about @Akumi & @Ingrid to follow @Rikyn as they asked :3
and talks directly to @Weaver & @Safiri & @Toulouse

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Darkly smiling at Raeden as she’s forced to respect me instead of threatening my life or pin tricks on me, I almost let her little jab at my adventures rouse a sharp remark - almost. It’s not the time, however, and the words would probably reveal a lot more about my character than I’d like to let on in front of so many people. So, I swallow down my we do more than chide and deceive others for trespassing here, bitch, commentary.

Glad to be getting this over with, I look at the two women who are supposed to be coming with me, scowling back at them for all the glances I got in the interim. Who do they think they are, anyway? I’m the one with the authority here, and I can act however I want. They can deal with it, or go home. I snort aloud at that thought and turn to leave as Sacre bids the equine and unicorn scholars to follow me, I nod to the red-splashed stallion’s thanks, my perturbation with it all perhaps to evident on my face.

I try to smile.

It just comes out a bit… twisted.

"Don’t mention it," I dryly say, an impish and true grin gaining over the disgruntled mess of a smile I’d managed at first, "I’ll just have to return the favor sometime."

I’m about to set off, actually manage a few steps in that direction, when the sound of trundling wheels draws my attention back around, and a small fur-ball suddenly attaches itself to my leg. Looking down to find Marembo, one of Duir’s friends, clinging to my limb, his wide eyes hopeful, I look up and out through the gathering for sight of his gilded bond-mate, Rexanna.

Instead of the familiar face of the mare who had been the first, aside from myself, to meet my fawn, I instead find a child. My head immediately pulls back, all the more disgruntled by her sudden appearance (the filly making me think, of all the horrible things to think of, about Glacia, and her ever growing belly), I think I’m going to hate her…

Until she speaks.

The gaze that had been hard softens, my raised crown lowering in time with my tensions. Perhaps it is that, in my heart, I know that soon, I might have something very much like this child as my own, or just that I’m not as hard assed as I pretend to be, but it’s really hard to be mean to kids. Even that stunted weirdo, Virga, hadn’t been that bad, I think, looking down at the pretty child, wondering, fearing, anxious, for my own, still a mystery to me.

I glance back at Weaver as she mentions me, after nodding hello to Rexanna, as she approaches, and I also eye the glass cart curiously, trying my best to ignore the pain that rises fresh to heart at the mention of my dead uncle.

"Yeah, that’s a plan," I tell the painted Corporal, distantly, glancing also at the two mares who are surely waiting for me to get my ass in gear, before I shoot an apologetic and warm smile back to my friend, "I, uh, I gotta go now, Rex. It was good to meet you, Safiri."

I bow my head slightly, with a smile, towards the girl. Duir’s voice bursts into my head suddenly: Tell Remy I come! he insists, sending flashes of the vale as he makes his way towards us.

"Duir is on his way. If Tiamat is too busy, I’ll be back once we’re done at the mirror, and he and I can escort you, instead," I promise, hopefully moving back around the last time, to the mirror (waiting, also, for Marembo to detach himself from my leg); looking at the two scholars, I nod, and take broad steps towards the direction of the jagged cavern mouth, visible from here, at the distant shore of the lake, as a dark interruption in the gray stone face of the mountain which housed the Mirror in its heart,"come on then, uh, Akumi, yeah? And I never caught your name."

I ask Ingrid, looking back to meet her eyes for a second, before continuing on.

[ OOC: Next post from Rikyn will be at the cave and Duir will be chillin' with his Marem-bro. This one is just way too long already so I’m gonna stop here :P ]

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

'Late you Tilney!'
It came through the bond like a snowball in the face, his ears cocking at the voice heard only in his mind. 'Gone they! Past ice!' . Ah, so he had fallen behind a little - what of it? He had seen a brilliant tendril of Snowweed that we would intend to pull up from the ice and bring home to the Edge to propagate (though, of course, delicately unhinging it from under the cold soil was a process).
With the mystical plant tossed over his back, Tilney headed towards the arch. Once a member of the basin, he had not expected so much to change even from his last visit. But oh, it certainly had.

With his chiroptera flying above giving reports on the weather conditions, Tilney rushed through the glacier and out the other side. Witnessing his humble clan at the sentinels, the chestnut slowed his frantic pace ever-so-slightly and allowed his hooves to clop gently along the ice.
"Sorry I'm late!" He cooed, taking his place beside his friend Rexanna and the darling Sarifi. "I hope you dont mind, I did a bit of gardening past the arch. Snowweed!" He cheered with a bob of his flaxen skull, eyeing the tense gazes around him. "Is Tiamat here? What about Lena?" He quizzed the crowed, looking over each face in search for his oceanic friend and the woman who had set him on the path to medicine. Though, he realised that not a single countenance was as cheerful as his own.
No one was happy. What on earth had he just walked in on?

stock image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna’s heart began to swell when little Safiri’s voice perked up toward Rikyn and the rest of the group. Such a small timid child finally seeing what the world looked like, able to find the confidence to speak to a whole group, even if she did press into the mare’s side. It still warmed her heart and her grin grew wider at the idea. Her head lowered to her daughter, lipping at her forelock in reassurance. “You’re doing fine, darling.” She whispered to the child before returning her attention to Rikyn and the rest of the Edge.

Soon a black and white Pegasus began to speak to her, and she nodded quietly, awaiting Rikyn’s answer to the question, and glancing over at Sacre who spoke to Safiri, all things of which Rexanna was extremely grateful for. It had been so long since either of them had attempted any sort of interaction, so when things went well she was quite pleased. Of course, while Marembo was almost making a fool of himself, seemingly begging Rikyn to see his friend again. She felt for the small polecat, seeing how much it mattered to him that he got to see his friend and have an interaction much like she was having after so long of hiding.

Thank you. Remy will be very happy.” She said with a slight chuckle as the polecat meandered back to Rexanna’s side, his tail wagging with excitement as he waited. Meanwhile, Rexanna leaned into Safiri slightly, in a comforting way despite the heavy cart that sat upon her back, aiming to help her daughter relax some, agreeing quietly with the sentiments that Sacre had suggested of tales of the Basin. Oh, how she had told Safiri so much of this place, and now she got to see it herself.

"Talk?"
rexanna
darling, you have a dreamer's heart.
you mustn't let the clouds eclipse your light.
image || coding

@Safiri @Rikyn @Weaver sorry for the wait! <3