the Rift

Was the joke that bad? [open]

Negan Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 5
Ampris

Negan

Burning, now I bring you hell

Time has a funny way of starting out long and unbearable, always feeling like you're waiting. Waiting for the next rite of passage, waiting for your next meal, or waiting for the next shoe to drop. As that time stretches out though, it gets shorter and shorter with whole days being condensed down to a few precious seconds of memories at a time. Things that once consumed you and the torture you thought would never end, gradually becomes a distant point of light that flickers at the edge of ones mind. Hours and days that can now be recalled at will in the speed of a flash of light and nothing more. Shadows and dust.

Shadows and dust, that's all any of us eventually become with enough passage of that insufferable bitch known as time. Negan had been pondering that thought as he trudged forward through the wilderness, alone and exiled once again. He took cold comfort in knowing that the curs who drove him out would eventually be forgotten and returned to the earth as worm food if they hadn't already. That was because the land he left was destined to be doomed and lost and the whole reason he chose to embrace his instinct of self preservation and flee versus embracing his pride and vengeance to fight for what was rightfully his.

Ungrateful whores....

At that thought, Negan finally looked up, realizing the landscape had changed. He was still in forest but it was.... different. The air carried a fresh taste and the vegetation seemed to be composed of different species. He grabbed a leaf from a nearby plant and chewed slowly, mulling over the flavors and catching hints of tastes he didn't yet have the words to describe. This was definitely new. The gold and black striped stallion swallowed and looked up, his gaze flicking around thoughtfully while a soft contemplative snort blew past his nostrils. An eye narrowed as he considered what the changes meant. A land this new and different had to mean different herds and horses, perhaps a whole new realm filled with equines that had never heard of him. He could get a fresh start.

A glimmer of delight prickled in his chest while a slow, sly smile pricked up at one corner of his mouth. Negan licked his lips and allowed a satisfied look to grace his features. New could be good. New could be just what he needed. New could allow him to fly under the radar while he weaved his webs and quietly climbed the rungs of power. He would need to pass lightly though for now and not raise suspicion while he got the lay of things and learned what exactly he was up against.

Today was a good day. Maybe time wasn't always a bitch.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

I was playing around with the notion, today, that I was going to run away again.

Not really because I often gave into such childish things, anymore, but because I had discovered, in what felt like mere hours, that Lord was not all it was cracked up to be. So far, I’d dealt with enough political visits to sate a rabid socialite (which I am not), made some lazy sugar-pony get his life together, talked Gods with Gods, discovered I was going to be a fucking dad, and otherwise spent day and night walking here and there, doing this and that.

None of it had been what I wanted to do, or really even needed to, that’s for sure.

Wouldn’t work, Duir tells me, remarking on my plan to escape out towards the Nightwalk again, trotting ahead on the paths through the Threshold, you will still remember home, and come back. He stops, looking back at me with his forest green and brilliantly gold flecked eyes. Like you did before.

I snort, a disgruntled sound that the lightning struck buck has come to recognize as my admission of defeat – or, at the very least, that I was done arguing. Remaining where he is until I catch up to him, he moves alongside me, his ever cheerful, sunlight warm voice blooming to life within my mind again.

You like being important, anyway, he says, and I look over at him with an amused roll of my eyes. He’s right, of course. I do really like people coming to ask me stuff, calling me Lord and bowing their heads, or waiting for me to show up at the border before they take off, but…

I sigh, thankfully distracted at that point in time by the sound of another, making their way down the trail. Stopping where we are, he comes into view, and I call out to him, a barely there smile replacing the scowl that had been in its stead moments before.

"Greetings, stranger," I say to him, tenor voice bridging the space between us well before Duir and I are in position to startle him with our company (and be in danger of his pretty sizeable horns, anyway), "you new around here? Most everyone out this way is."

’cause we need a little controversy
@Negan

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind

PIPPIGRIN
FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

Naught could keep the hobbit grounded - there were things to do, places to scouts, lands to explore. Every inch of his ten hand frame had stayed airborne most of the day, his minuscule body gliding over the wind currents as easily as an eagle might. The wind, the breeze, the distant threat of tempest - it was all at the command and mercy of his impressive wings, which just so happened to be twice the size of his actual body.
The shetland had by now learned a great deal about flying. Back home Over-the-Hill he had hardly ever needed to use his wings, generally taking to plodding up and down the hills on foot. Helovia though was vast; vast and treacherous. Up in the air he was safe, up above he was sound.

His intentions had been to scout the Hidden Falls and learn it's secrets, particularly if the hidden spring truly did exist, though as usual the allure of the Threshold took his flight east and diverted his course.
His cold, big-eyed gaze scoured the canopy, keenly poking his sights between each gap in the roof of the forest for any wanderers who might have just stepped through into their continent.

Not a soul was seen at first glance, rather, until his gaze fell upon Mr. Rikyn. The Lord of the north. Keeling back in the air, Pippin watched the Lord from a distance, right up until a vibrantly coloured gent emerged. His wings folding, buckling and giving a generous beat, Pipp allowed his half-sized bodice to shoot downwards, swooping down past the canopy where he would flare his wings to slow all movement, landing with a gentle thud upon the moist earth below.
"Lord Mr. Rikyn Sir!" Pippin chimed, striding over to the man he had met not long ago at the Throat-Basin conferences. "How goes it?" was the halfling's next bellow, striding towards the warden.
A wary eye turned to the stranger, his own blue eyes finding their way to the gleaminy star-like eyes of the striped man. The stranger's horns were impressive, though quite beastly - not ot mention his hide, which appeared striped much like the Diviner's tiger.
"Hallo!" Pippin hooted regardeless, stepping forth to greet the stranger in the hobbit's way. Reaching with his right hoof, Pippin went to stomp gently upon the striped man's right hoof in greeting (if the man would allow it) and then continued with "I am Pippin! A guardian of the mighty Dragon's Throat!"

HI THERE! Welcome to Helovia, so excited to meet you! I'm Neve, this is my character Pippin!
If you're interested in having Negan join the Dragon's Throat, here's some info about our herd land!
Ps. you absolutely do not have to read all of this but it's a helpful bunch of documents to refer to when you have questions!
Land Guide - Dragon's Throat - This will explain all the flora and fauna found on the island! We have some mythical plants and creatures that you can learn a bit about in this short guide too!
Dragon's Throat Information - This one has a small mindmap of the tiers and ranks, plus a list of the herd's companions. Below that you'll find a list of rules, then all of the ranks explained in detail, and then below that you can find history of the DT as well as information about the culture of the Throat!
And finally;
New Player Tables - This is a thread i set up where new players can request a table!

If you think of any questions hit me up!
Would you like to be tagged? @Negan

Negan Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 5
Ampris

Negan

Burning, now I bring you hell

If time was a bitch, than destiny was it's bastard mistress. Everyone loved to romanticize destiny, stroke it fondly, and whisper sweet nothings of platitudes and thank yous. At the same time, when shit hits the fan, destiny is the fall guy and scape goat you point to in order the pass off that in was in fact your own failures that brought you where you are.

Negan knew that in the moment he was standing where he was, having to puff himself up and put on the facade like a wife's favorite set of makeup because he had swung and come up short. But still, he couldn't help and wonder if perhaps there was some being somewhere with a sick sense of humor that wanted to put him through the wringer again and see how well he could prance through this new obstacle course like a little show dog and brand it all as Negan's destiny.

Well they can have at it. Negan will play their game and put on his little show because really the only other option was death. If you're not living than you're dying and as much as Negan generally hated everyone and everything, he wasn't ready to just lay down and die until the world knew his name and knew the pain they had inflicted on him.

Just as he expected, it didn't take long for the eyes and ears of this new world to find him and an unassuming voice to tug gently at his ear that lightly flicked toward the greeters direction before Negan’s could follow and see what manner of equine graced these realms. If Negan was a higher strung creature he might have startled or stiffened in alarm, ready to flee at a moment’s notice but the years had given to him a new sense of confidence and self-assuredness. There wasn’t an equid or animal that he’d crossed paths with to date that he couldn’t stand toe to toe with and hold his own if need be. As such, Negan’s body remained relax but with a sense of pride shivering across his muscles as he met the gaze of the stranger that greeted him. It was a dark colored unicorn like Negan but only crowned with one horn. Streaks of warm hued colors painted his mane and slashed across his face from the eye like a battle scar. Next to the unicorn strode an unusual deer that was dappled brown and streaked with yellow. They made a striking pair.

The unicorn’s manner was welcoming and unaggressive and it was almost as if a switched flipped in Negan and the hint of defiance in his frame melted away, replaced with relaxed warmth as the barest of smiles replaced his lips. Negan needed to know where he was and to get the lay of the land, you don’t go storming the gates without knowing which is the way to the throne room. Before Negan could offer a cordial greeting of his own a large winged bird thudded from the sky nearby, startling him and causing him to step back once. Birds aren’t supposed to be that large and Negan had no knowledge of the skies to draw on. Oddly though it wasn’t a bird that he sighted but winged pony. Confusion flashed in his eyes with a soft snort before he could regain his composure. Negan knew of ponies, what horse didn’t, but it was more from a practical matter, he hadn’t actually conversed or come across many in the flesh. It was hard for him to hide the bemusement he felt watching the plucky thing stride over to the unicorn with all the gung ho of a full sized horse, like he had no knowledge that he was the smallest in the room. You had to give him credit on that if nothing else.
Lord Mr. Rikyn, Sir?

Lord? That got Negan’s attention. One doesn’t normally address another with a title unless they actually have one. He threw a second more appraising gaze toward the unicorn. He didn’t have long though to consider that further before the stone colored fun-sized pegasus approached with his own greeting ending with a light stomp on Negan’s front hoof that was confusing more than anything. Would all the land be filled with such strange customs? Regardless, he had to keep his instincts in control and play his part for now.

A warm smile tugged lightly at Negan’s lips as he drew his head up to a position that made it more comfortable to bear the weight of his antlers so they tipped back slightly and put more burden on his shoulders.
Greetings friends, Rikyn and Pippin. He tipped an antler toward them in acknowledgement. I seem to have stumbled on your lands, quite by accident let me assure you but yes, I am new to here. Name’s Negan. Maybe you can tell me where exactly I am that would hold such impressive specimens such as yourselves.

@Rikyn
@Pippigrin

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

As the stranger and I make eye contact, and his dark mouth parts as if to speak, a sudden upheaval of the scenario by the arrival of the small warrior who had come to parlay with Volterra, and the rest of the horses from the Throat. Meeting his chipper gaze with my own less cheerful one, though still smiling (it’s hard to be as happy as a hobbit, about as difficult as being optimistic as a Tiamat), I nod my head in greeting.

Not the sort to queerly half-shout everything with such glee as to rouse birds from their slumber, I used to be perturbed by people like Pippigrin, at least until I’d returned to Helovia. Being among those with warm hearts on a regular basis, those who were not hardened by war, and the upheaval and death they were sure to cause, had begun to teach me to appreciate even their somewhat annoying good nature. Of all those that I had met in my life, it was only those who had known me since I was very small, or those who were aggravatingly happy (like the tiny pegasus, here) who had genuinely tried to see me, and help, or, at the very least, act like they gave a shit.

Not that I needed them to, not really. I had this.

Duir snorts. Yeah, okay.

"Hey, Pippin," I reply, not bothering to answer how it goes. I’m Thresholding, that’s how it goes. I’m either bored out of my mind or pondering going out the only way in this place called Helovia, and he can take his pick. Regardless, soon this Negan guy (or so he introduces himself) is answering us both, and I find myself smirking at the “impressive” comment. Was it sincere or a gentle stroke over my ego to help persuade me to be chattier than I might otherwise?

He could carry on, regardless.

"Well, this is the Threshold," I answer, my words many, but necessary, if Negan isn’t to feel lost in the new world he’s found himself in, "beyond this forest there is a broad meadow that will lead you to any of the three kingdoms of Helovia. I hail from the north, a land called the Aurora Basin. It is a green valley ringed by mountains and pines, and at its heart is an unfreezing lake; as the name of the land suggests, the skies are often filled with auroras, as well. All three realms have a patron God, though there are two others about. Ours is the God of Time and Spark, though we certainly do not ask that you pay Him or the others anything more than respect when in their presence. The herd itself is a motley collection of warriors, healers, thinkers, and thieves, primarily of unicorn descent. We otherwise spend our time training or trading with the other realms, preparing ourselves and our borders for whatever might come. I’m sure Pip can tell you more about the Throat, yeah?"

I finish, looking at the pony with a grin, wondering (and doubting) if he's had the same thought I have on the matter of information on the third herd: and the Edge should have sent their own recruiting agents!

[ OOC: <3 it's okay. I'm also busy on the weekends usually so I totally understand. If you have any questions about the Basin or Helovia in general feel free to PM me or hit me up on discord, otherwise welcome welcome :D ]

’cause we need a little controversy
@Negan

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind

PIPPIGRIN
FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

Pippigrin folded his wings and endeavoured to stride directly under the gaping arch between Rikyns front and back legs, knowing full well that it was rude to cross in front of someone, taking his place to the man's opposite side and smiling proudly at the newcomer with charm and pride. Chest puffed, front hooves pressed together and crown held high, Pippigrin was most proud to declare himself as a warrior of the Dragon's Throat - even beside the aurora Basin's Lord. They were a herd of tricksters and thieves and it always seemed that honour might come later - especially when it came to those two witchy and bitchy warriors, Weaver and Wessex.

Regardless of his opinions on the nords, the half-sized man would proudly announce his own about his homeland when asked.
"You are in the vast continent of Helovia!" he declared, striding forth and flaring his wings with bright enthusiasm "Here in the east there's bears, one stole my saucepan not long ago. But in the south it's very nice and warm - not too misty or rainy and it doesnt snow down there like it does in the north-"His rambling had begun, the kind that might not be stopped by anything other than a kick to the trachea.

(one whole minute later)
"-and, you know it wasn't until a few weeks ago I actually saw snow for the first time! My uncle Billoh always said that Yetis would snatch me up if I went near the snow, but that didn't happen luckily.
You should come to the Throat! There's a lady there who has stripes like you; she has a tiger."

Sorry for the delay, i've been super unwell this week!!
@Negan