the Rift

[OPEN] heart of stone

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
KIADA
do not think you are safe because you love her

The girl, blanketed in fire and accompanied by her bone-eating companion, had not gone far for this moon temple quest. While others might have ventured further out, Kiada felt the need to stay somewhat close (for once that is), despite having worked to evade anyone’s curious eye. She had spent much of her free time visiting the Marsh, relishing in the darkness and the power the obelisk seemed to carry. However, she figured it was probably better if she stayed away for the time being. She didn’t need more rumors to spread, more people to stare at her from the shadows than she already thought there were.

Or perhaps the young lady was paranoid.

Regardless, she made her way to the Endless Blue, to look out from the sand as it reached her dark inky hooves, sinking ever so slightly as she shifted her weight. The flames along her back danced as griffins, flying along her topline and diving about as she confidently walked along the sand. Her pink splotched nose was toward the ground, her icy gaze searching for something of use. According to what she had been told, she needed to find colored stones from here. She figured it was a better place to look, than the Marsh, by the occasional glass like objects that washed up from the waves.

Though, she couldn’t help but feel drawn to the colored rocks that deemed the entrance to the reef below, where the Goddess had appeared and granted access to the equines to go down and view such an extraordinary event. While Kiada didn’t enter the water, herself, she regretted not doing so after she found out Kisamoa had been Kaos all along. Would he have noticed her more, then? Had she been willing to do what the creature asked, would things be different for her? There was no way to know. She did however, pause in her step to look fondly at the entrance while Khairi cried from above, the pale vulture on the search for colored stones as well.

"Talk."

do not think she will not stain her mouth red
with your blood too —

img

@Maude <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
Play the music low,
and sway to the rhythm of love;
Up and down the beach the maiden prances with abandon, her pale curls streaming behind her as she canters, trots, waltzes and pivots, leaving a wild arrangement of divots in the sand. From her lips bubbles a song, without words, the melody slow and cadent, and her hooves keep time beneath her; occasionally, with a wild leap, the thundering wallop of her body reuniting with the earth becomes the rumbling, bass undertones of her imagined sonata, and her humming reaches crescendos with the thrum of her cloven toes below. With cymbal crashes of water splashes and the occasional chime of a seashell being kicked out to sea, the girl is so thoroughly swept away in the creation of her song, that she does not notice Kiada until she is almost upon her, and Khairi’s loud, haunting cry ruptures the perfection of her arranged notes.

Stopping suddenly in a flourish of seafoam and green cloth and the voluminous amounts of hair which the growing doe sports, the innocent one looks upon the burning princess with a smile of recognition, which sweeps away the traces of worry that had struck there most immediately at the sound of the bird of prey’s shriek, and prances towards her. The sea breeze flutters her cloak about her ankles, and as she comes to a stop before the appaloosa girl, her eyes flutter down to the pretty rocks she’s picking up.

"Hey Kiada! You’re getting pretty rocks for the Goddess, too?" she asks, because that was why she’d come to the beach, after all, even though she’d quickly become distracted by the romance of it all; her pouches, none the less, had numerous pretty rocks in them, some blue, others red, but most orange and gray, like normal rocks. She would take those home to put in the garden. The Goddess could have the pretty ones. "I’ve got some already. Wanna see one?"

She asks, with a hopeful giggle, already turning back to fetch the pretty, polished bits of sea glass from her endless pockets. Dropping one on the sand between them, its bright, ruby red color gleaming in the sun, Maude motions over towards where she’d found it with a pearl draped antler.

"I found this one between those big rocks, where the ocean wood is collecting," she says, meaning the places where the sand had been swept away by the sea, and been unable to be replaced, due to the barricades of boulders and logs which kept the beach from refilling these small, rocky deposits with grit, "there’s lots more! I, well, I got a little distracted by the sea, is all."

She smiles, wistfully looking out over it.

"It’s just so beautiful!" proclaims the darling, looking back to the princess with a grin, "don’t you think so, too?"

[ OOC: SUNSHINE CHILD HAS ARRIVED TO CHATTER AT YE ]
image © zink | coding

@Kiada
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

One of the girls who’d already found themselves on the beach scopin’ out pretty stones looked uncomfortably like a dude who used to be my King--and somehow the fire that laced her back only enhanced the similarities between them. I still got that uncomfortably hot feeling whenever I thought about Tembo, but now it was a searing heat of loss, like. It wasn’t as though he were gone, not totally, not in a Lee way. But knowing his ass wasn’t the one who was guiding us, ruling us from beneath his Elephantine gaze--well. I didn’t like it, I missed him, and I was still pissed about it.

There was another girl though, even younger, almost childlike in her form and bearing. Just...chat-chat-chat-chatting away, her voice lilting out in wild strands across the moaning, wistful ocean front. I grinned tightly, my amusement of the scene at odds with the discontent in my breast; I turned, willing to let the girls explore on their own without some crusty ol’ adult breathing down their necks, but Chico was all Nah fuck that and jumped from my shoulders where he’d been perched in his owl body. Feathers do better in sand than fur, but fuck that logic cuz where there was cute, pretty girls, he had to be cute as well, so he zpsnk!!ed into his cutest, fluffiest form, sacrificing the sanctity of his fur dragging across the sand if it meant he could make someone smile easier. He trotted on his fat little legs toward them, snoot out sniffing eagerly for the stones that we were set to find.

I didn’t follow him--but ugh, guess they’d know I was here anyway. Might as well openly breathe down their neck. “Find anything useful?” I called out to them.

"talk"
yo what's good

image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
KIADA
do not think you are safe because you love her

The woman wasn’t alone for long. Her flames remained risen in curious deer, as she tried to practice her emotions, gazing longingly at the water’s edge where the glassy tunnel began while Khairi screeched from above, when Maude appeared. “Hey Kiada!” Immediately the woman’s ears flickered with the sound, the recognition of her name, and the guess of who it might be. As she turned her inky head, she looked upon the pale doe of innocence, reflecting in her mind the way Kianzo had gazed upon her once before.

She moved from the entrance over to the girl, offering a fake smile in her attempts as pleasantries, with a nod of affirmation that she was indeed searching for pretty rocks for the Goddess.Sure, Maude.” She answered, dropping a bright ruby colored stone from her pouch. Kiada’s dark head lowered to the rock to peer at it. “Wow, that really is a pretty one.” She answered with a slight chuckle, true surprise lingering in her voice. “Should we go over there and look some more?” She asked the pale girl without waiting for an answer as she began to move.

Khairi was already on his way back, cascading a long dark shadow across the sand as he landed on one of the pieces of wood that was indeed collecting, his bright red gaze dropping into the water, trying to seek out some stones. “It is beautiful, isn’t it?” She finally added over her shoulder as she made her way to the water. Khairi at this point had already found a sea-green stone, jagged but not sharp, flecked with various blues within its glassy texture. Diving in, he grabbed it with his beak before hopping out onto the sand and shaking out the water.

Suddenly, he alerted her to a creature approaching, one that Kiada thought she had vaguely seen before as he let his fur drag in the sand as he approached. Kiada’s crystal gaze lifted, looking for another person as the creature continued to approach, a voice from a familiar mare called out across to them. “Just a couple of rocks so far.” She called out, her eyes lingering on the mare with bitterness. She remembered the mare from the times her father would go and speak with her, and suddenly Kiada was finding herself feeling rather sorry for her mother, that Tembovu had chosen to spend more time with everyone else but his family. Her head dropped then, glancing back at Chico before looking to Khairi with the rock and his wings extended, offering the jagged stone for her.

Can I put this in your bag, Maude? I came woefully unprepared.” She admitted, lifting her head toward the pale maiden.

"Talk."

do not think she will not stain her mouth red
with your blood too —

img

@Maude @Roskuld sorry for the grumpy Kiada. xD

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
Play the music low,
and sway to the rhythm of love;
For some reason, Maude had the strangest feeling that Kiada did not like her as much as most others seemed to. Perhaps the fact that almost everyone else was kind to her made the aloofness with which the princess greets her more obvious; even Kiada’s half brother, Zubari, who was tempestuous by nature, was someone the tree-girl could rely on for a smile and warm hello. It had taken time, of course, to become close to the boy who had made her pretty leg armor pieces, which she kept safe at home, until her legs were of a proper size to wear them, but it had happened.

Maybe she just needed to spend more time with Kiada, then!

Smiling as the other girl looks at the rock she procures, and agrees, the ginger kissed filly happily moves alongside the fire-backed princess with a happy tune humming from her lips, chirruping "Okay!" a split second before she is in motion. As they arrive upon the pile of driftwood and debris, however, her song is cut short by surprise, as a furry fellow dives into the hunt with them; giggling happily at the sight, she looks up at the sound of an adult’s voice.

What an impressive woman! She promptly thinks to herself, taking in the sight of the strong demi-Goddess, who, though short, was stout as a tree trunk. While she’s certainly imposing, strapped down with sheathed weapons and marked with battle scars, she’s also not entirely frightening either. With youthful awe, then, Maude smiles at the stranger, as the princess answers her question with even more brittleness to her tone than she had greeted the tree-marked maiden with. Glancing over at Kiada with a soft, curious expression that wonders why all of Tembovu’s children are so moody, she nods in agreement.

"Is this your friend? He’s awful cute," she asks, and welcomes Roskuld into their gathering, gesturing back towards where Chico is busy furrowing for stones and polished sea glass, her attentions returning to Kiada when she inquires as to whether or not Maude minds carrying the stones back in her pockets. Bobbing her head quickly with a beaming smile, the girl is glad to be helpful, hoping all the while that, maybe, it might bring them closer together. She doesn’t think at all that, perhaps, she’s simply being used.

"Oh, of course," she agrees, pulling her near cloak-side upwards, to reveal the lined pocket, magically enhanced to have a seemingly endless bottom, "just no sharp ones, okay? They might tear up the lining, and I don’t know anyone who knows how to mend magic pockets."

image © zink | coding

@Kiada @Roskuld
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.