the Rift

[OPEN] Lost myself somewhere; return if found

Bellanaris Posts: 16
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1hh :: 1 :: Tallsun
Elgar'nan :: Fennec Fox :: None Rottie

Bella leaves the Heavenly Fields behind, meandering down the path with carefully placed steps then heads south. She doesn't know it's south, however, nor does she know that she's finally heading in the direction she's needed to this entire time in order to head home to the Throat. This far north, and with such poor sense of direction, she hadn't the slightest clue where to go. At this point she's been wandering so long she's been away from home for nearly half a year. Would anyone honestly even recognize her? Frankly, probably not. Not unless father was there again or if mamae had gone back. But in her heart, she wanted to at least try and return - for how long depends entirely on several different factors; most of which she doesn't really want to think about right now.

So she doesn't.

Instead she continues her journey south; wandering through forests of varying thicknesses, past places heavy with the aromas of many. Ultimately, as the sun begins to set, Bella starts to look for a place to rest; goodness knows she can continue in the morning (assuming she doesn't wake up and forget which direction she was headed). To her rather pleasant surprise, the sandy girl stumbles upon a wide yet gentle river amidst a field with pretty violet flowers and tall grasses. A few large trees dot the meadow but they aren't really the focal point - they really aren't much different from the thousands of other trees she'd passed by earlier that day. Bella's own green gaze is pulled, instead, towards the river but she isn't quite sure why it draws her attention so.

The yearling moves to stand on the river bank, mentally immersing herself in this particular atmosphere. The trickling sound of the water flowing downstream, the sounds of the crickets, and the oncoming darkness settling in over her like a cozy blanket all leave the girl relaxed and mere moments from drifting off to sleep where she stands. As she relaxes, she cocks a hip, her long lashed lids slowly closing over her warm, earthly hued eyes. Sleep comes more easily this time, no frightening beasts with gleaming fangs and bloodied jaws to interrupt her. For now Bella is at ease, her silky silver hair shifting with the gentle breezes blowing through, her wings tucked against her sides in a makeshift blanket (for comfort more than warmth).

But sleeping alone out in the middle of nowhere can be quite dangerous, especially for a yearling that doesn't know how to fly. Would she be rescued or would she be terrorized? Perhaps we'll never know.

BELLANARIS
Image by LovelySkylark

@Reichenbach maybe? If you're up for him 'adopting' her/bringing her back to the DT. Otherwise this is open. ;D

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

"GIRL, YOU'RE JUST A CHILD,
A HEARTBREAK."

Reichenbach often visited the meadow, for he enjoyed standing in a half-sleep in the sunshine, soaking his deep bay coat in warmth and pleasantness and breathing in the faint, fresh smell of purple flowers and damp earth. It was a place of peace and relaxation and as he stood with one leg cocked, music flowed through his subconscious, blending and flowing in one continuous, fluidic melody. Reich hummed. He wasn't entirely aware of the vibration in his throat, his silver eyes were closed to the world around him, but it was a pretty little tune that he hummed, and it made him feel content - albeit a little lonely. He had not fallen for many, and in fact he'd only really had two great loves in his life - though not through a lack of dedication. He loved so dearly and so strongly that he pulled himself apart through the act, his whole world became immersed with visions of his love, and with every heartbeat their name sounded in his chest. Alas, Tiamat was unaware of his keen attraction, and partly through his own faults - to love again was... unnerving.

So through his own doing, Reichenbach was alone. He had Pip, a loyal and true friend with whom he enjoyed a good laugh - but Pip was not there in the dark night when he felt most lonely, or most longing. Not that the little hobbit would have denied him anything. The thought made Reich chuckle quietly, blinking open his eyes slowly, as if from a long dream. A short distance before him stood a long legged filly with a coat of soft cream, her pale mane cascading down her neck, her gentle eyes closed in a light sleep. Reich blinked a few times, feeling his long lashes brush his rough cheekbones familiarly before realising that he wasn't dreaming - that she was real, and quite young. He cocked his broad skull, glancing over her to check that she was alright before moving a little closer, protectiveness blooming in his deep chest. Not wanting to wake her from what looked like a much needed sleep, the Guardian of the Throat stood close by, watching over her as she slept.

@Bellanaris
Yay I'm so excited for this!! Can't wait for Reich to be a daddy-figure to this cutie <3
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Dragon's Throat Filly

Her sleep is light but still it persists even after his arrival. As dangerous as it is, she doesn't notice the subtle thumping of his hooves against the hard earth or the sound of his breath. Young as she is, she drifted off with her focus on the sounds of the river and the insects playing their own little song; and evidently that is where her focus remains, even in sleep. She hasn't been attacked yet and surely she'd wake if she were, so in her light sleep she hides - tucked safely into peaceful dreams. It doesn't last long, maybe an hour or two - including the time before he arrived - but when she awakes she is quite suddenly aware that she isn't alone. The familiar feeling of being watched sends a tingling sensation shooting down her spine in a heated zap. But as often as she's spent her time alone in the last six months, Bella shows no fear. Instead, she merely shifts her position so that she might be better able to find whomever is nearby.

That's when her warm green eyes find him, the dark bay stallion standing like a sentinel not far from where she'd been resting. There is no fear as the curious yearling approaches. Although the stallion appears strong and easily able to do her harm, she does not believe him to be so inclined. If he'd wanted to harm her, surely he would have done so by now. The dark one stands close enough that her steps are few but her greeting is warm and perhaps oddly fearless. "Aneth ara." the foreign words slip so naturally from her tongue, so easy. It is a sociable greeting, a rather loose equivalent of saying hello but yet she doesn't realize that he might not understand the language. "I wasn't asleep long, was I?" she asks, peering up at him curiously. A small shiver ripples through her, causing her to involuntarily hold her wings more firmly against her thin sides. Question after question forms in her mind but she keeps them to herself for now, tucking them away onto a list in her brain. She's ask them soon enough, of that there is no doubt, but for now she stays relatively quiet; trusting him enough to keep her guard down but yet, not enough to shower him with questions and probably reveal too much.

BELLANARIS
Image by LovelySkylark

@Reichenbach

Space

A HEARTBREAK."

Reich watched as sleep slowly left the dainty filly, her large emerald eyes blinking slowly as her vision cleared from dreams into reality. He was slightly impressed as she began to step toward him - for she was either naive or very brave, to approach a strange, strong man who watched her sleep. "Aneth Ara" come her first awoken words, warm and welcoming despite their situation, though he did not know their meaning. She was a small little thing, but fine legged and strong of heart by the looks of it. "Not too long" was his kind, baritone answer to the question she posed. He watched her curiously, reminded all too suddenly of Sonnet, despite their obvious differences. She had been a dainty thing, too, though Sonnet had been raised by a half-mad mother and a disinterested father, and had clung to her adopted brother like sand to glue. Reich felt both elated and heartbroken at the memory, though the more he looked at the bright-eyed girl before him, the more resolute he became. She was not Sonnet - she was tough, and smart to have been surviving out here alone for what looked like a while.

"I am Reichenbach, Guardian of the Throat" he offered, smiling, "How long have you been out here alone? Where are your parents?" The thought that she might have been abandoned tightened the muscles along his hefty neck, having been in a similar position himself as a child. How bruised and battered had his soul been back then? He'd been destructive, torn up and almost a savage by the time he'd met Rhaegar - and worse, he'd been mourning a vanished mother and a dead father. He could not stand by and see another child abused in such a way, not in good conscience, not knowing what he knew. So slowly, while he awaited an answer, he began to devise a proposal.

@Bellanaris

Dragon's Throat Filly

The line between brave and foolish is impossibly thin - either one could be correct, it simply depends on your angle. More often, the two merely coincide as they so frequently do amongst the young. Bella's confidence certainly stems from the latter - equal parts brave and foolish - as she approaches the rather obviously fit stallion. Perhaps she is simply young enough that fear isn't a concept that exists. It doesn't even flit through her mind that he could hurt her, kill her even, or that maybe he'd been waiting for her to wake before making his move to take her out. Fortunately, her naive and friendly nature is far from misguided in this particular situation. There is nothing to suggest any level of aggression in his stance and, in fact, he appears quite friendly. Eyes of peridot fearlessly connect with the dark man's silver gaze as the answer to her question falls from his lips. His words are genuine and kind, voice deep but there is no threat behind it - only curiosity. "You watched over me." she states rather plainly, her youthful voice still just as warm and just as inviting as it had been ever since she woke up to find him standing there. If she were older she might have found him creepy, might have tried running away instead but she is still young and she's been without parental guidance for most of her life. Bella hasn't learned about the scary creeps of the world and unless something changes with her parents, she'll be left to learn it all the hard way - if she survives long enough to learn more than one lesson. "Why?" the pale filly asks curiously, with the slightest tilt of her head.

It is without question or prompting that they stallion offers up his own name and title, introducing himself with a tender smile. His mention of the Throat strikes a chord of familiarity in the young girl but she can't quite place why it does. "The Throat is the sandy place, right?" Bella asks, hopeful despite herself. Yet his next two questions are enough to lower her spirits - even if she couldn't exactly explain why. "I don't know how long..." she murmurs, her voice a bit softer than before and her ears droop just enough to really make her look forlorn.  "Daddy's been gone for awhile and I tried to follow Mamae when she left the sandy place but I got lost and couldn't find my way back." It's completely true, of course, but the thought of daddy and mamae is enough to cause her to furiously blink back the hot tears threatening to flood her vibrant peridot gaze. Bella's throat tightens from the sudden burst of emotion and though she attempts to gulp it down, the filly's voice is still somewhat shaky when she finally remembers to introduce herself. "I'm Bellanaris." she adds, her introduction punctuated by a lonely little sniffle. Without being fully aware of it, the girl begins to step closer to him - longing for some sort of fatherly contact.

BELLANARIS
Image by LovelySkylark

@Reichenbach
AHH I'm way too excited for these two.

Space

A HEARTBREAK."

She is so strong, and so tough that Reich can't help but to admire her, feeling proud despite the fact that she did not belong to him in any way. Any little filly that could survive out in the wilderness alone was one that he wanted to know more about - she must have gypsy blood, to be sleeping alone at such an age. "You watched over me." He paused, watching her almost cautiously - as if she might be angry with him if he admitted that yes, he had indeed watched over her. "Yes..." he admitted slowly, his chest swelling with something he could not name "I didn't want you to get hurt... You looked so peaceful and... well, I didn't want you to be alone." His smile was slightly sheepish, but it was honest and kind. As she mentioned the Throat he grinned, buoyed up and happy to be leaving the subject of his rather strange tenderness toward a child not of his own making - "That's right," was his affirmation, though he was quick to pause as she continued.

His heart dropped instantly in regret as she seemed to droop, her large eyes glassing over with unshed tears at the mention of her parents. His chest hurt at what she admitted, that her family were... well, gone. At first he felt grieved to hear such a thing, but slowly the rage grew. He seemed almost to double in size with the fury he felt at such an act - how? How could a father abandon his child, how could a mother leave without looking back? It had happened to him - and it was a fate he would not wish upon any child, no matter the cause. So lost in his rage, he didn't notice Bellanaris approaching until she was nearly at his side, and after a slight hesitation, he dropped his head to pull her into his broad chest and under his rough hewn jaw.

"Well, Bell. I don't know if you'd be interested but... I'd like to bring you home with me. You can live with me, be my... well, I don't know if you would want to but..."

Reich struggled to get the words out, looking everywhere but at the dainty little filly. "Would you like to be a part of my family?" He asked suddenly, pulling his hefty head back to look at sweet Bellanaris hopefully. "I mean, it's just me at the moment... and I don't have much...
but what is mine, is yours"
he grinned, adding "Only if you want to" hastily. To have a daughter... he'd never had a child of his own, despite his age, and this was an entire new realm for him to discover. In fact, what if he was a useless father figure? The thought shook him a little - not to mention that word, father. Still, he would be blessed indeed if he could take such a sweet, strong young girl under his wing. She was worth every moment, and already he treasured her beyond words.

@Bellanaris yay yay!!! me too!! They're adorable <3

Dragon's Throat Filly

Her strength came almost exclusively from necessity. As a young filly alone in the wilderness, her options were rather limited and when it really came down to it - her instinct to survive overrode everything else. But it wasn't something she consciously chose. It wasn't a choice she'd mentally mulled over and chosen. It just occurred. Maybe she is as strong as she seems but Bella wouldn't even know where to begin. Yet as she gazes at him, she wonders if perhaps her statement and question had been too blunt. The dark stallion seems a bit uncomfortable; guilt, hot and burning, rushes through her and for the briefest of moments it shows clear as day upon her face. As her lips part, an apology on the tip of her tongue, his words give her reason to pause. So pause she does. The pale filly hadn't expected her words to make him uncomfortable but really, her social skills are lacking. Well, that and she doesn't exactly have the same filter in her brain that many adults do. "Thank you." she replies, genuinely grateful he'd kept her safe while she slept.

He confirms her suspicions - at least, in that the Throat has sand. Somewhere deep down, she suspects that the Throat is where she was born and where she's been trying to get back to all this time but she can't know for sure until she sees it with her own eyes. Yet when Bella explains what happened with her parents, she becomes rather emotional. The tears misting her eyes making it difficult for her vision to focus on anything, not even Reich. To be fair, she doesn't hate her parents. She isn't angry with them, she simply doesn't understand why they left her behind (or why they didn't take her with them). To say that it doesn't hurt her anytime she thinks about it would be a lie. Were they to return, though, she'd probably forgive them without hesitation. That knowledge does little to stop the tears from forming or the pain in her heart because although she isn't livid, she still misses them. As Bella drifts closer, on the verge of letting the tears flow, Reich pulls her into his chest. Almost instantaneously the girl relaxes into his embrace. It's odd just how easy things were with him. Bella doesn't question it, instead she presses herself into his broad chest - comforted by his smell and the roughness of his jaw.

By the time he begins to speak again, her vision is clear and she's calm once again - the pain and sorrow of only a few moments ago is forgotten. Bellanaris is oddly patient, listening carefully for him to get everything out. The sandy girl readily meets his gaze when she feels him shift and in that instant she flashes him a bright smile. "Really?!" the young girl nearly squeaks, her excitement bubbling up so fast she could barely contain it. "I'd love to!" she exclaims as she shifts herself so that her smaller, narrower chest (sort of) meets with his and she curls her wings around towards him in an attempt to hug him. She is blatantly honest and perhaps a bit overexcited but she's been on her own so often for so long that any semblance of a promise for the future leaves her bouncing. Any promise of some sort of companionship leaves her nearly begging for more. At least for now. She finds it easy to accept her new role - no matter how complicated that role may be. She has the biggest smile lighting up her face, and her wide earthly green eyes gaze at the wilderness around them - trying to pinpoint the direction of home only to come up empty. Her sense of direction is quite poor (clearly she'd been born with a broken internal compass) and that is likely what lead to her getting lost in the first place. She quickly turns her attention back to Papa Reich, eagerly awaiting his next move.

BELLANARIS
Image by LovelySkylark

@Reichenbach