the Rift

[OPEN] Exploration

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

Vastra is vaguely aware of some warnings to stay away from the Marshes, but they are easy to push aside. When your family isn’t around they can’t exactly boss you around, right? Not that she had been particularly bound to the Throat at any point in her short life. It was home, certainly, but the lands outside of the Throat called to her. They held secrets and new animals she might discover.

These marshes were hardly a welcoming place - even the desert parts of the Throat seemed to hold more life than these decaying lands. It seemed strange to her, that someone as wonderful as Kisamoa (whatever he might call himself now) would live in a place so gloomy. Perhaps it was to keep others out - most of Helovia seemed rather cross with him that one day, though she still didn’t understand why.

That mare had died but that was after they had all started to attack that beautiful bone creature… wasn’t it?

Vastra’s alive with the hope that she’ll see Kisamoa again, that she’ll be able to show off her magic to him and let him know she’s been practicing. Would he be proud of her? Did he have more secrets to tell her?

She wasn’t going to find out sitting around the Throat, that was for sure, so she had come here.

The afternoon was growing late - and she’s worried about night falling and cutting short her explorations so she gets going. Her process is slow, though, and it’s not because she’s worried. She’s wary because this is an unknown land to her - she’s a stranger, and intruder, and she doesn’t want to startle anything living in the marshy water or the strange trees. She didn’t go poking the manticores in the Throat and she wasn’t planning on upsetting any marvellous creatures she might find here either.

said goodbye to you, my friend, as the fire spread.
all that's left are your bones that will soon sink like stones.
image by ehrendi

open to any! Just doing some harmless exploration in the creepy marshes nbd

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
Kaos
"Hello little poppit."

A small teal-coloured lizard slithered towards the girl. The body of the lizard was a mottled assortment of black and bright shining teal that seemed to change everytime the creature moved. The voice that came from its mouth however was unmistakably' Kaos'. Or Kisamoa, as he had last been when he spoke with the filly.

"Have you been playing with your new gift?" The lizard seemed to smile. "I wouldn't want anyone to think that I"m spoiling you .... but would you care for another?"

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

To her, he’ll always be Kisamoa. She doesn’t like the way others use his other name, the way they make it sound like it’s a curse. His voice is a welcome one and she’s searching for him - the horse-like-him, the last form she had seen him in - but instead her eyes catch on a gorgeous teal lizard that moves through the ground towards her. It’s the most magnificent colours, and she is delighted to discover that Kisamoa has a magic similar to her own. But of course! He had been the one who had given it to her, after all.

She lowered her head to the ground, completely at ease - as though speaking to a lizard was the most normal thing to do. When he asks whether she’s been playing with her gift, she’s eager to share. “I have! I turned into a snake and a turkey so far.” She confesses to him, her voice hushed but proud - like she’s informing her parents of her accomplishments.

At his next question, her brown eyes widen in delight and she is quick to nod her head - filled with wonder at what else he could possibly give her.

said goodbye to you, my friend, as the fire spread.
all that's left are your bones that will soon sink like stones.
image by ehrendi