the Rift

a tale of two thieves [challenge, thranduil]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
[Image: toul1_by_neverrmind-db0nrbo.png]
T O U L O U S E

There was no reason for the pale one to be cooped away behind melting walls and the prison of snow-capped mountains - not when all the information a thief could possibly want or need was here, dwelling over each hillock and in every tree hollow. Scouting for information on the emerging diety had never been a a cheery task, though it was one the thief was happy to take on for the sake of his herd, not to mention the plentiful plate of secrets and opulent truths waiting for him in the fade-touched forests and moors.  

Alone was how he worked best, left to his own archaic and dusty wits, though many would say it was incredibly unwise to walk the spectral marshes without so much as a guard, a companion or anyone to drag your body back.
Of course, you’d never find Toulouse bothered by any criticism. If he wished to scout the marshes alone, that was what he would do - without the prying eyes of his brethren, brothers and sister who he had no doubt some of which were under the antichrist’s employ. This was the serpent’s attempt at his own investigation; one untarnished by the breath of another upon his shoulder or a jar full of eyes watching his spine.

It was as he waded into the tree line, a pale hoof slipping past the threshold of the Helovia he knew into the decaying land beyond, that his gaze soon caught that similarly coloured thief from the Edge. The Laurelin, or someone who appeared very much like him it would seem.
Immediately Toulouse was met with a barrage of mistrust as if he had stumbled upon poison in the air, his keen eyes narrowing on the gold. “What business does the Laurelin have in these parts?” Toulouse quizzed the golden man, one he could only assume was Thranduil based only on appearance, distrust lacing each word. In truth the serpent knew little of the Laurelin, his only interaction ever being when the gilded one had stood on the sidelines of his rank challenge.
“I heard you liked to gamble”
This he only assumed from the entertainment the stag had found in his fight and in an attempt to either ease the tension or shatter it entirely, Toulouse made a wager for the wondrous shiv he carried.
“She is a beautiful blade; i’d rather not embarrass you entirely and steal it. I’ll fight you for it, though” The pale man spoke with a smile upon his maw. What his opponent might not understand was that this was not a question or a choice, it was an instruction.

Lurking forward, Toulouse sought to flank his nemesis, sharp hooves seeking purchase upon the mucky earth below as he swiftly traced behind the flaxen thief. Eyes struck upon the opponent’s flank, watching for movement he might wish to leap away from, Toulouse soon endeavoured to topple his shoulder towards Thranduil; an attempt to ram him against a bystanding tree.    

ATTACK No. 1/4
WORD COUNT
Toulouse challenges Thranduil for the dagger Euske.
Set in the spectral marshes a few hours past midnight.
@Thrandiul

stock image l love, space
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
@Thranduil
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
kaos
In the distance, the symbols on the black altar pulse with a cool teal light.

Black flowers bloom in the pattern of footsteps, walking slowly towards Toulouse, disappearing just at the point whatever creature who was making them would be lifting their feet. As the challenger makes his final taunt before attacking, an explosion of black mist rockets out from behind him. The plume grows, and the outer edges of it suddenly look like a hoard of black snakes, wriggling frantically away from the rapidly growing centre.

The black flowers expand below the two unicorns, covering the ground in a patchwork of black clover and onyx tulips and lilies.

Kaos approves of this challenge

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Time limit exceeded, Thranduil defaults to Toulouse. Toulouse earns 0.5 VP and the dagger Euske.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode