the Rift

[PRIVATE] Y'all gon' make me lose my mind

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
A quote can go here yay!
what if it's two lines?

I don't know what's happened to my bonded. In the days and weeks since our last run in with her daughter and watching her bond to that pup... It's like, well it's... Okay so she has lost her damn mind. She's wandered around and done nothing but hunt for that poor winged brat that knocked her up. It's like she is so desperate to find him, to get back in her asshole Father's good graces...

Shut up Miles! Stop telling my story! It's not fuckin your story to tell! I scream at him mentally. Hell I don't even know who he's talking to. But back to business. I've got to find this stallion and I've got to find him NOW! Dad will be expecting me back soon with those wings in tow. If not, well I will be nothing to him anymore. Not worth a damn thing more than those horn heads or bird brains. Dad said so himself.

Miles paces on my back, as if he's going to help. He's thought i'm crazy for even going on this task. Maybe I am. Maybe I am that desperate to belong among family. I was a fool to rebel against him. Now i've got to pay the price.... But if I don't find him soon.... Well... I'm at least gonna bloody my hooves....

"Talk?"

No one else post unless tagged please

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

The walk home from the Threshold is long. It seems much longer than it had been when we set off for our little adventure. That, and after using my healing magic I am a lot more tired. You shouldn't of used so much energy Sarabi pipes in softly. Victorina bounces just ahead of me, eager to get home. It's amazing to me, just how much my little girl has grown in a short time. Was this how my Momma felt about me? Not just about me, but about my older siblings too?

I wonder often, about the twins. I have never met them, as they were gone to the Basin before I was even conceived. The horn shard lays tucked against my neck under my mane. "Tori" I call to her softly. I wait till my daughter comes to me, looking at Sarabi. Help me. Gently I kneel down, letting her take the shard of the horn from my mane. She holds it firmly in her mouth, allowing me to explain. "This is the shard of a horn that my mother gave me. It belonged to the sire of my half siblings. I want you to keep it with you, so that if you ever meet them they will know you are family." Sarabi gently tucks the shard of the horn against Tori's mane.

The amulets next. Starting with the Earth and Spark ones. Sarabi does as I ask. "These are amulets. They will help keep you safe from harm. I've heard these two, tend to protect against another's magic, shattering when they do so." I focus then, filling the Sun amulet with my ability to cast a hurricane. The winds picked up but I never saw the storm fully form. Once I thought it was there, I nodded to Sarabi. She then plucked it from my mane as well. "This one has Mama's magic inside it. So I will always be there to protect you when you need it. But be careful, you can only use it once."

I stood up then, hearing another moving about. I lowered my head instead, and Sarabi took the necklace off over my head. You know I just wanna keep her safe. Right? I know. Seeing them hurt really scared you about her huh? Yeah it did... I want her to be safe if she wanders off and i'm not there to save her. We will be there,
always.
But none the less she took the necklace from me and held it gently in her mouth. "This, is special. It might look like a necklace, but when you need it to, it becomes armor. Only use it, when absolutely needed okay?"

I raise my head, hearing the movements of the other draw closer. I step up, tucking Tori in next to me. We needed to get moving again, but not until I knew if the one around us meant harm. We'll keep her safe.

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Victorina Posts: 10
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

"Tori" My white lined face jerks around at the sound of Mama's nick name for me. Daddy might of been the one to name me, but Mama still had gotten her way with a nickname that only she could call me. I turn, moving back to where she stood. My eyes go wide as she kneels. Sarabi moves to her side and gets this long thing, to which Mama proceeds to tell me all about. I listen carefully, taking it all in as one by one Mama gives me everything she has held onto for so long. I look at her curiously, wondering if what we had seen back in the Threshold had anything to do with this.

It's only as she gives me the last item, a necklace that I hear what she and Sarabi must of heard. The necklace is no sooner over my head than Mama is up beside me. Sarabi moves to my other side, slightly in front of me. I know something is clearly up by the way they move.

I prance around nervously, ready to run if I have to... But I don't wanna leave Mama's side either...

Victorina talks

Image Credit

A quote can go here yay!
what if it's two lines?

Ah, AH! What is that I hear? Hoofbeats! Yes, perfect. I don't care who it is I will get to practice killing the pegasus to get his wings! I feel Miles cringe mentally. SHUT UP! I scream back at him. SHUT UP OR I'LL KILL YOU FIRST! I can feel him pull back in our bond. Withdrawing from me. Good. I don't need him. I was foolish to ever think he could count as a brother. He wasn't good enough to make Father happy with me. Sure I had bonded but it was lesser than a dragon.

So I charge forward, feeling Miles slip from my back as the trio comes into sight. I don't care that it's another equine, or that she is a mother, or that there is a bonded. All I care about, is crushing each of their skulls under my hooves. Soaking my legs in blood like the warrior princess Father wanted of me. Like I think he wants of me.

I slam hard into the mare, as I feel Miles join me. Even as wrong as he felt I was for doing this, he comes to help me. I know he has the power of dreams... As I know he's used it on me before. I wonder idly if he is using it now to try and spare the child. Let her see what is coming for her next! I cry to him. I push chest to chest with the other mare, my teeth snapping out at any flesh I could reach.

"Talk?"

((slight power playing my own characters to speed things along. Admin i'll edit if thats not allowed))

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

The sound of hooves coming towards us scares me. The last time I had been around any fighting, was when the Falls had been invaded and everything had changed. Have to fight. You need to protect Tori. I know. As the mare broke wildly though to where we stood, she takes aim at me. I shove Tori to the side, who stumbles off bumping Sarabi out of the way as well. I take the chest to chest slam from the bigger mare. Together we move backward, and as she snaps out at my neck I do the same to her. But it's useless. Her size and weight shove me backward untill I lose my balance and fall to the dirt.

As her legs and belly pass over me I try to keep my head out of the way. I can here another scuffle close by, and see Sarabi fighting a kitsune that I can only imagine belongs to our attacker. "RUN TORI! GO FIND YOUR PAPA!" As I go to stand up, I feel the mare standing over me. The way she stands, keeps me from regaining my hooves. No no no! It can NOT end like this!

Sarabi feels my panic, and tries to break away from the fight with the kitsune to come to my aid. Tori is still to close for her to use her fire raining magic without risking her harm as well. I am sorry Sarabi..... I mentally speak to my bonded. I am to tired to use any magic that flows in my body, as I have used two of them very recently. A hoof lightly presses on my withers, painfully shoving me over to my side. No, I won't die like this! Not in front of my daughter! I squeal and kick, but it does no good. "I love you Tori. Tell your Papa, I love him too." I may not love the man in the romantic sense of the word, but Volterra was my best friend, the father of my precious daughter. If this was the end for me, I wanted him to know that. I glance to Sarabi, as the mare seems to square up over me. The hellhound is fighting desperately with the kitsune, her jaws finally closing over it's throat. Save Tori, and then join me... I am sorry....

And the hooves come crashing down on my skull with a sick thud....

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

A quote can go here yay!
what if it's two lines?

I am able to knock the mare over in our struggle, and I scream out with joy. Look at me now Father! Look at the killer I have become! I feel her below me, trying to get up as I turn. I stand over here rear at first, moving up her body quickly. I use my own to block her attempts at standing. She seems to panic, her legs thrashing around and her hooves clipping my legs a few times. No matter.

I use one front hoof to push the weakling down to the dirt. Down like the dirt she will become. That's when I feel it. The scream of anguish and fear as my soul is ripped apart. The hellhound had caught Miles by the throat, and was killing him. Fuck this! I rear up, and with a sickening squelch and a thud I end the pathetic mare below me. Her blood splashes up my legs and chest, even some on my neck and face. I laugh, a laugh that did not seem to belong to me as my soul was ripped away. I could feel Miles dying, and I did nothing but pound in the head of the mare.

The hellhound then turns on me, fire raining from the skies. She leaps at me, and I don't care. I have killed her soul tie, and it is a matter of time before that little darling is all that's left. The hellhound uses every once of energy she has left, to attack and harm me. But in the end, she joins her bonded on the dirt as I break her spine.

That's when, I turn my attention to the child....

"Talk?"

Victorina Posts: 10
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

Everything happens so fast. A mare appears with a strange creature riding on her back, charging straight at Mama. Mama shoves me aside and takes the attack. I watch, in numb horror as the mare's fight... They fight, and Mama falls. The other mare takes advantage of this. My eyes can only stare as Mama screams for me to run. To run and go find Papa. But I an frozen on the spot, caught like a deer in headlights. The mare moves oh so slowly up over Mama, pinning her to the ground. She even goes as far as using her hoof to push Mama on her side.

I don't know who screams louder, Sarabi or I as the mare rears up and lands on Mama's head. I watch as the one who had taken care of me and brought me into this world.... As her head caves in under the pressure. It's only when Sarabi screams that my head turns. I watch as she kills the other creature on her jaws. A life for a life. She then turns on the mare.

They fight for a while, scrambling back and forth as she tries to get the upper hand. Sarabi tries, she really does. But the mare is just to much for her. I watch helplessly as Sarabi too falls, and the mare breaks her back with a sickening crack.

It's only as the mare turns to me, that I scream PAPA!!!!! My legs stumbling backward. I do not fall, but I feel the neckless seem to come to life. A light shell armor contouring to my small frame.

Victorina talks

Image Credit

@Volterra - Enter protective Papa <3

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Papa!

There's something about that word that crosses time and space itself, transcending the world until it reaches the ears of the stallion who is mercifully grazing nearby. His mammoth head lifts, ears pricking forwards, and he's in motion within seconds - there's no time to question, because the anguish in Victorina's scream says enough about the urgency of the situation. He's galloping, flying through the forest like a man possessed. The trees are a blur beside him, his thunderous hoofbeats creating a din like an earthquake; a fallen log provides a momentary obstacle, before being swiftly hurdled. He lands awkwardly, trips, but doesn't break his stride.

Finally he arrives. The sight that greets him is a grim one - two dead companions, and Vitani. He pauses for a moment, horror spreading slowly across his face at her crushed skull, her mangled remains. "Vitani," he murmurs, but there's no time to stop and mourn - there's Victorina, and she's cowering beneath the forceful gaze of....

"Merida?" His half-sister, murdering somebody in cold blood? Her expression, too...Volterra suddenly does not trust her, does not want her anywhere near his child, and he skids to a halt in front of Victorina. He blocks his daughter with his massive black bulk, his ears pinned flat, his muscles damp with sweat as he flexes every inch of his colossal power to try and frighten Merida from any further action. "Merida, stop! This is my daughter. This is your niece." If the mad mare wants the filly, she will have to go through the Indomitable - an unenviable task for anybody.

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Merida

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

A quote can go here yay!
what if it's two lines?

I watch as a necklace seems to change to an armor of sorts. I'd wear that with pride after I kill this little runt. The emptiness inside me, the missing connection of Miles is clear. But I shove it aside. All that matters right now, is killing this little...

Another arrives and shoves his way between us. I scream in rage, his words slamming into me but falling on a deaf ear. "Merida?" Oh how what I take as shock rolls in his voice. "Oh YES brother dear." I start to move around him, boldly attempting to go right in front of him. "Merida, stop! This is my daughter. This is your niece." "Do I look like I give a SHIT?!" I scream at him. "The little bitch is going to die just like her pathetic mother"

With that, I try to leap around the bulk that is my half brother. The child may be blood, but spilling blood brings HONOR! Honor is what I need to go back home.

"Talk?"

@Volterra - let the fun begin!