the Rift

[PRIVATE] Helmet hair

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the mountain that knows.

[I know it's already in your records, but I figured we could wrap this up IC? :D]

Isopia was amazed how readily her mind referred to the Edge as home. She'd never really had that same association with the Falls...it had been her place of residence; a place she'd been tethered to because of her dead child and her Father. But the Edge? She chose to come back here. Maybe that's why it felt like she sort of belonged.

Only now, returned with the newly-cleansed helmet in her possession, she merely felt like a bad child returning home to own up to her faults. And in a way, that's exactly what it was she was about to do. "Find him." She said to Hubris and Babel, who took off in opposite directions searching for the metal-worker.

Isopia stood with Dragomir's helmet nestled under one wing. It had been cleansed of the enchantments she had placed upon it and was finally returned back to the state it had been in when she had stolen it from the crafter. What was I  thinking? She wondered again with a soft sigh. Isopia hadn't seen the stallion since their latest round of hot-tub preparations, and wasn't exactly sure where to find him.

Searching on the ground while her dragons scoured for him from above, she hoped this wouldn't take too terribly long.

@Dragomir

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

It is not Hubris who finds him, but Babel.

The sight of the golden dragon, especially to man such as that to which she appears, seems to portend something. Looking up from his work (several metal spades, which he has made in different styles to test for efficacy, and is in the process of crafting wooden handles for), his blue eyes momentarily flicker with worry. An omen?

Of what?

It’s only after a seconds thought that he recognizes her, but only just so, as the Mountain’s other bonded dragon, who is far more reserved in nature than her chipper bronze, who he’d surely have recognized pretty quickly. Tilting his head with wonder, the clever Royal quickly moves out into the wood, leaving the clumsy man to stumble after her hurriedly with an exasperated and worried exclamation.

"Hey! Wait up!" he calls, crashing through the forest after the swift, golden female.

He looses sight of the dragon only moments before he canters into the clearing in which the Mountain waits for him, his large hooves clamorously drumming against the earth as he pulls to a stop.

"Damn," he mutters under his breath, glancing about for the gold, and starting slightly when he lays eyes on Isopia, "Ah!"

Proclaims the man as he takes several nervous steps back, his eyes widening. Smiling sheepishly when he realizes its who he was looking for all along, he steps towards her, glancing at the skull tucked under her wing. Shit. He’d told her he’d be at the Veins, hadn’t he? Hopefully she hadn’t waited there long…

"Hey, you’re back," he says, with a smile, but as he apologizes, his small falls, and his eyes drift downward, "I, uh, well I’m sorry I didn’t meet you in the south. I get so busy, I lose track of time too easily, I think…"

With regained vivacity, his eyes return to the often overly-serious mare with a hopeful cheer that every thing had been done.

"Did it go well?" he asks, "I hope it wasn't a terrible amount of trouble."

@Isopia
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the mountain that knows.

He comes quite quickly, all things considered. The Edge is huge, and there is a better than likely chance that he wasn't even in the Edge to begin with. That Babel has managed to find him and direct him back to the demi-goddess before the sun has moved much is by all accounts a miracle. But such things are simply common place in Helovia. It's one of the charms of the land.

He immediately takes some of the responsibility for her solo-venture onto himself, and although Isopia is ready to be free of this guilt, she cannot allow him to accept any more of her sins.  "Oh, I went to the Veins immediately. I thought it better to complete the task than to come here and make you walk all the way back south." He was an equine after all and although he looked rather fit, he still would have taken much longer without wings. "It was easy enough." She concluded with a shrug of her slender shoulders. "I don't actually think the process of burning and bathing actually cleansed it. I think it was just something my Father sent me to do. Either way, he removed the enchantments. It is ready to accept whatever it is you'd like it to do now."

Stepping forward, the demi-goddess offered the helmet back to its rightful owner, years after it had been originally taken. "My views on theft have dramatically changed since I...stole this from you. I promise it won't happen again."

@Dragomir

Image Credits

Bunnie

Dragomir misses the hint that the Mountain drops that he might be slower than she is, and simply takes the statement as an acceptance of his tardiness. Sure, he was in decent shape, but the son of the Steadfast was also not the sort to hurry here, or there; all his muscle had been earned at a slow, plodding walk, which allowed him to admire the natural world around him. The concept of training, at least in a physical sense, was as foreign to the tricolored man’s way of life as the thought of acting on emotional impulse was for the Mountain.

Thereby, he did not blame anyone for undertaking travel without his moseying to delay them.

Smiling with a nod of gratitude that she had undertaken the task and that it had not been as bothersome as he’d worried it might be, he steps forward to take the helmet from under her wing, twisting his head back to attach it to his satchels. Looking back at her, he does not see the faint glow which pulses through the bone, so much as feels it, as the magic within it draws on his subconscious desires, and imbues the item with the ability to see within stones, and know if and what metal were within them.

Magic, however, is normal here; the girl before him, after all, was a horned and winged horse, slowly becoming a moss encrusted stone wreathed with ferns and blooms. He pays a slightly glowing tiger mask no mind.

"I forgive you," he says, feeling suddenly awkward doing so, his pale eyes shooting away from the Mountain, and out into the wood, before making their way back; he had, after all, done far worse things than take something he thought he needed at the time, and had never apologized, like she did, "what, er, well, made you change you mind?"

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

the mountain that knows.

Isopia accepts his forgiveness with an uncomfortable half-nod of her head. For a moment she thinks that she's finally done with all of this...that is, until Dragomir extends the conversation, looping back around again to Isopia's past mistakes.

What does it matter? She thinks with an annoyed mental breath. Her death-marked face remains placid however, as she forces herself to think of an appropriate response. "I realized the hypocrisy of what I'd done." The Mountain began. "I came to the Edge to challenge the King and Queen for an item that one of their sleuths had taken. I'd almost forgotten that I'd taken something from you, because without you being around, I was all too easy to forget what I had done, and how the helmet had been acquired. Immediately after my challenge commenced with Tembovu, I sought you out."

Hubris patted Isopia's shoulder reassuringly, mentally telling her that she'd done the right thing, and was continuing to do the right thing. Babel however, giving 0 fucks about returning items or the morality of stealing them, whistled loudly and childishly, indicating that he, if no one else, was entirely over this conversation.

@Dragomir

Image Credits

Bunnie

"Nothing like a fight for that," he chuckles warmly with a subtle smile, having had to be in one himself, many years ago, to learn that he could not be the man his father would have him be; it was not exactly the same, but the core of it was: they both had grown as a result. He hoped, for her sake, unlike one party to the fight that had changed him, that both she and Tembovu had walked away from their fight in good enough health, considering.

The whistle of the Mountain’s dragon draws the pale eyes of the stallion to him, something about the tone indicating that he was ready to be out and doing other things. Almost shaking his head good naturedly at the business of dragons (they were always eager to be doing, or sleeping, one or the other, it seemed), he instead looks back over his shoulder, towards his nearby crafting grove.

"I should get back to work," he says as he looks back to her, nodding farewell, "but, uh, if you ever need anything, I’ll be around."

Wishlist | Table Tracker