[OPEN] old faces, familiar edges

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Home.

It had been a long time since she had felt this way. Since she had felt truly at ease in a place, with the closest thing she could call a family surrounding her, with a companion, with her cousin, with the comfort of the twilight breeze tugging at the wayward strands of mane that framed her face and neck. Amaris stood on the edge, quite literally, her hooves merely inches from it, her wings spread slightly to better gauge how the breeze would blow and whether she needed to move away lest she be tossed over. She listened to the thrum of the waves against the rocky shore below, she smelt the delightful spices that reminded her of her mother stir from the foresty depths behind her, she heard the dragonsong that hummed across the land through her very soul.

The dragonmare was home, joining some old faces and many new ones, finding solace in their easy acceptance and warm welcomes. She would do her best to get to know them, eventually she wanted to know all of them, to learn and listen and live with them as if they were her kin, not just herdmates. Time would tell if that ever actually happened, of course.

Dramyrth hummed a low song as he dipped below the edge of the cliff face and rolled on the ocean wind. He was exploring but also keeping himself fit, pushing his body to its limits, testing it, learning better ways to fly and move through the air. Dragons' wings were not necessarily perfectly suited to flight, they had evolved different to their feathered counterparts, phoenixes, and so the more work he put into refining his flying skill the better. Amaris stood on the cliff edge with her eyes shut, not dosing so much as simply absorbing all that happened around her without sight - she was surprisingly aware of what was going on around her, perhaps because of Dramyrth, or perhaps because she was born here, to these misty lands, to which she would always hold a special affinity for.
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Aaron & open! C:
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
There were too many new faces in the Edge that were unfamiliar to Alysanne, too many that were going without names. She had gotten out of the habit of greeting each new face on the border - trusting the other members of the council to greet them since she had always hated when Tembovu would burst in and override her welcoming when he was King and she was a Doctor.

But now, now she wouldn’t be travelling too far out of the Edge for a while and she could use this time to catch up with as many as she could. She was wandering along the cliffs when, up ahead, she spotted someone who was on her list to meet. Alysanne recognized the mare as being one present in the herd meeting and around the Edge lately - she didn’t exactly blend into the crowd and was very recognizable with her beautiful dragon features.

“Hello there!” She called out in a soft, sweet voice as she approached. Hopefully she wouldn’t be waking the mare up, that would be awful, but she doubted that someone was standing so close to the edge of the cliffs and napping. That seemed like an awfully dangerous spot to do so!

Her wings were folded against her sides, more uncomfortably than normal due to the plump roundness associated with the later stages of pregnancy, the creamy white feathers stirring in the ocean breeze as she came to stand beside the dragon-mare. “I hope you don’t mind some company, but I don’t believe we’ve had a chance to meet yet. I’m Alysanne - or just Aly.”

If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Amaris :D
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Amaris
drákos istoría

It was like a meditation, a trance, a state of being that was beyond consciousness yet still vividly aware of one's surroundings. Amaris stood, on the edge of the Edge, a dragon on the precipice, unseeing but certainly not unfeeling of everything around her. Dramyrth hummed his low song, its melody drowned out by the thundering bashing of the waves below, but the dragonmare still felt it in her heart, in her soul.

Home.

It felt good. She was content, even if she yearned to do more with herself, yearned to be more useful to the herd she so loved and felt such devotion to. She was happy, with her bondmate and her family and (the surprisingly increasing number of) friends who surrounded her, offering her not just their friendship, their comradeship, but their acceptance as well.

Perhaps it was good that she was almost an unknown entity, a new face, to this version of the Edge. It had allowed her to tell her story, her perspective of how the events unfolded, allowed her to enter with a fresh start, however tumultuous the journey to get there had been. Would the Edge even exist as it did now if all of those events triggered by her mother (and potentially her own self?) had not come to pass?

It was a philosophical question to be sure - Amaris was nothing if not good at her 'job', as simple as it seemed, she managed to make thing as challenging for herself as possible within it. Interpreting the words of the Moon Goddess, or at least providing another outlook on the discussion, was something she definitely enjoyed, it was the 'thrill' of her rank, much like sparring for a warrior or aiding others for a healer. But then, she also had numerous rank-mates at this time, never before had she known so many to be interested in the Wise One ranks. Intelligence, knowledge, wisdom and the path to these things was appealing to the dragonmare, and many others at the moment, evidently.

Insecurities plagued her, as they always did, causing her inaction, her inability to voice her desires, her concerns, except to those she trusted - and she was learning to trust more, slowly but surely.

It was a mental tug, a notification popping up in the corner of her mind, that alerted her to the pegasus approaching first. Queen, Dramyrth said as he described her, and Amaris puzzled at this a moment, wondering what another golden dragon was doing nearby, until the penny dropped and Ah, came the thought, as she opening the slits of her golden eyes to the greeting the Queen gave and viewed her in full.

Alysanne the Devoted, a face she recalled from her childhood, though she knew not anything more than that from her foggy naïve memories. Had she been a healer before she was queen, or simply a part of the masses? The dragonmare could not recall, and did not devote much time to the thought, moving easily into a graceful nod to the painted mare as she sidled up to her. A smile softened her thoughtful expression, her gaze warm and welcoming as she took a step back to accommodate the mare's bulk alongside her own. It wasn't hard to identify the pregnancy that weighed her down, and while she had wings, Amaris was concerned that if a particularly strong gust came, the pegasus might not be able to right herself should she fall over the edge in such a condition.

Children, she thought, thinking inevitably of Volterra, just another reason not to have them, she murmured mentally to her bonded, amusement behind her reflections.
"Well met, Alysanne," amiable tones spoke in a soft but deep, musical voice. "Amaris is my name," she offered, before gesturing to the dragonking who flew closer to inspect this painted creature more closely. "This showoff is Dramyrth," she explained, as he trilled a colourful dragonsong in mock offence before performing a rather perfect backflip mid-air and continuing on his aerial acrobatics exercises over the windy cliffside.

"Company would be grand," she added, genuinely meaning the words, for she longed to make friends, acquaintances, relationships, particularly within her herd - was that not what promoted the best herd unity, after all? Amaris did not wish to become her mother, always thought of as the Queen first, and Mirage second, never making more than a small number of true friends due to those who could not see past the metaphorical crown she wore atop her head.

Idly, the dragonmare wondered if Alysanne fought a similar battle, and resolved herself to see her as Alysanne first - it was, after all, what she had introduced herself as.

"The Edge has changed much since I was last here; it is comforting to see it in capable hands."
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Alysanne
I SWEAR I GOT HALFWAY THROUGH THIS POST AND WENT TO MYSELF 'OOP STOP THE WALL OF TEXT' BUT THEN IT KEPT GOING I'M SORRY
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

I have to admit, when I had raced up to the Frostbreath Steppe I had not intended on having to fight to save my newborn daughter's life. Granted, it was not long ago that I would of said that I would more than likely only ever have my son. That if I had another child it would be from someone I love. Damn hormones. Alanna walked ahead leading us home, as I had my tiny dappled bay daughter draped across my withers. It was the only way I could get her home and to safety quickly. The demon mare as I will now be calling her, had clearly not wanted a child but got one anyway. I do not trust her mother not to follow and try to finish what she started with both of us. Not yet at least. Maybe when the girl is bigger.... Shit... She doesn't even have a name yet.

"Better think of one." My bonded speaks smoothly through our mental bond. Why? "Because I lead you all the way into the Edge, to the cliffs." You did that why? "Amaris and Alysanne are here." Her reply was simple and to the point, which given the current situation was needed. Think they will know what to do? "Maybe" With that, she breaks through the trees and begins yipping to get the mares attention.

I followed her, my precious cargo still on my back. I can feel her breathing softly. I pause, looking to see if she was sleeping. Sure enough, my little princess has fallen asleep. Probably for the best. "Aly, Amaris... I need your help... Or knowledge..." My normally lighter brown eyes seemed almost a dark mahogany at the moment. Fear and worry for my child clearly showing. "It's a long story, but her mother rejected her and tried to kill her..... She's yet to nurse, and I don't know what to do..."

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

@Alysanne @Amaris - since I was supposed to throw him in here anyway, i'll just drag him and Sarai both in. Wounds are vague as they haven't actually happened yet (yay liquid time!)
I'll post Sarai and him both after you both post <3

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

It was always, always pleasant to be greeted with a smile and the warmth that which Amaris accepted her presence was a small gesture that did wonders to soothe Alysanne’s troubled mind. Introductions were made and she grinned brightly at the inclusion of the dragon. Dramyrth - it was a strong, beautiful name that seemed to suit the gorgeous dragon before her. She had never seen a golden one before and she was fascinated by the light playing upon his scales as he moved. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” Alysanne smiled at the dragon, dipping her head a little to acknowledge him, while thinking of her own absent companion. “My Hemlock is around here… but I’m afraid he’s not very fond of dragons so he’s unlikely to come say hello.”

Amaris went on to speak about how much the Edge had changed since the last time she had been here - and quickly the younger mare had her complete attention. She wondered whether Amaris had been here when Alysanne had lived here - much the same as the way she had unknowingly crossed paths with Tandavi when the sun-touched mare was young. It was a shame that Alysanne hadn’t paid more attention, that she hadn’t made more of an effort when she first arrived in Helovia.

“When…” But before she could get out much else, they were joined by another old face. Alysanne turned so that she could face Aaron properly - the peace of the moment shattered immediately when she spotted the look on his face, and the child asleep on his back.

He explained the situation quickly and her heart wrenched at the story. “It’s going to be okay, Aaron.” She got out those words first, her voice full of belief. “Rexanna is currently nursing, we can find her. Or…” Her eyes flickered to Amaris, wondering if the other mare had any suggestions.

And even as she was suggesting that they find the golden mare, another idea popped into Alysanne’s mind. She shuffled her wings in a subtle way to highlight the incredibly swollen belly slightly hidden by the bulk of her wings. “I’m due soon, I might already be producing milk - if she wants to try.” She hadn’t really thought about it, hadn’t been paying attention, but she knew that the birth would happen before very long and, if what happened with Naerys was any indication, she should already be lactating.

I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Amaris
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Amaris
drákos istoría

Dramyrth would always be introduced, for to Amaris, he was more than a companion. He was a soulmate, a bondmate, a creature in and of himself who had deigned to be linked to her in an unbreakable way. He was a dragon, a golden one at that, and though companions were often overlooked, Amaris would do all she could to prevent that from happening to him. In saying that, he was also very capable of ensuring he was never ignored, having expelled his breaths on multiple occasions to draw attention to himself previously (Amaris was grateful he did not feel the need to do so on this occasion).

Alysanne mentioned her own companion's name, which the dragonmare locked away, and threw a warning to Dramyrth not to seek him out - they didn't need the label of 'local pest' added to their names. The golden dragonking huffed mockingly, as if he would bother himself with such frivolities (though in truth, he totally would have), otherwise happily revelling in the attention bestowed upon him by the pegasus lady. The painted queen's words were cut off before the conversation could continue, and both dragon and dragonmare looked to the newest arrival(s), concern flaring.

Amaris recognised Aaron with a pang, he was one who had been there all along, an original, a Protector from forever ago, a lingering Qian member. Though they had recently reunited over the herd task of making way for the new temple, they hadn't really caught up properly - and were unlikely to today, as he brought with him the scent of another, damaged and broken, resting upon his broad back.

The dragonmare immediately wished she knew more, immediately felt severely useless, helpless, as the queen took charge of the moment and came to the conclusions that were necessary. They looked at her, and she could only look back, silent, uneducated in the workings of mares during pregnancy, knowing only that which all knew - mothers gave their young milk, mothers were not supposed to kill their young, mothers were supposed to be nurturing, loving, welcoming.
"I'll help you get her down, Aaron," Amaris offered then, indicating that the stallion should lie down as carefully as he could to lower the filly closer to the ground, whereby Amaris would then be able to help nudged and position the girl onto the soft loam (and also guard her from the nearby cliff's edge).

"Rexanna is nursing two already," the dragonmare commented, knowing from having recently met the gilded lady that her biological daughter who was still nursing needed all the care she could get, and the newest adopted addition was probably taxing enough. In a strangely intimate gesture, the dragonmare bowed her tiara to look at Alysanne's underside, to view the udders beneath, to smell the milky scent of approaching birth. "Your newborn will need milk too when it deigns to come along, but my mother nursed twins from birth; I believe your body will know to produce enough," she surmised, looking between them all, still feeling strangely useless but at least a bit more in control of the situation than before.

Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Alysanne @Aaron
I like being tagged!

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

“It’s going to be okay, Aaron.” Her voice sounds confident, as if she believes the words she speaks. "Because she does." Alanna pipes in. Her movements are stiff on her right side. "I'll be fine. Worry about the child. She needs to drink." I sigh, as I know both Alanna and I need medical attention... But both of us agreed we could wait till I knew my daughter was going to be okay... "I'll help you get her down, Aaron, Amaris says. I nod silently, only grunting in pain as I try to ease down to the ground. I listened to the suggestion of another called Rexanna... But Amaris said she was nursing two already. Three might be more than any mare could take. It hits me then with a pang of guilt. I need to name her Alanna... "Sarai?" She offers the name. Yes As Amaris helps Sarai to the ground, the extent of my shoulder wound would become visible. Sarai had mostly blocked where her mother's horn had torn into my left shoulder. Stiffly I stand up, not wanting to stay down for long just in case the mare was crazy enough to follow me here.

That's when Aly says words that were like music to my very tired and stressed mind. “I’m due soon, I might already be producing milk - if she wants to try.” It's only then I notice that indeed she is.. Her sides rounded out under her wings. Amaris leans down and looks under Aly, which is a bit awkward for me but... I can't think about that now. "Your newborn will need milk too when it deigns to come along, but my mother nursed twins from birth; I believe your body will know to produce enough, I nod numbly in agreement. My own mother had nursed twins, my younger sisters Sakura and Takara. "If you don't mind... I'd rather her be with someone I know..." I look over at my daughter, my beautiful precious daughter. The last time I had tried to raise a young girl, my little sisters.....

"We won't let that happen again." Alanna's voice chirps in my mind. I look to the two mares, fear clearly written on my face and in my eyes.

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

It pained Alysanne that she no longer had healing magic so that she could help Aaron and Alanna, but at least she would be able to help the young girl. That seemed to be where his attention was focused mostly, and she’d respect where his attention was. As a parent herself, she understood how easily it was to place the needs of your child first.

Still, they would have to take care of the pair soon.

Alysanne smiled softly as Amaris ducked her head - she might have even laughed if the situation wasn’t so serious. She even shuffled her wings a little more to make it a bit easier to get a look. They had essentially just met and this was an incredibly intimate gesture - maybe they were destined to be friends, especially after this! She nodded along to the sense that the dragon-mare spoke, realizing that, of course, Rexanna was already supporting a few young mouths - and she greatly appreciated the second point of view concerning her own milk production.

Twins ran in her family, maybe it would be easy for her to support a pair of foals?

She didn’t feel any heavier than she did with Naerys or Artorius - so with a little bit of luck she wouldn’t have twins herself!

Turning from Amaris and back to Aaron, her smile softened. “Of course I don’t mind Aaron.”

She gestured to the young filly then, her voice gentle. “Come on dear.”

I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding
made by the lovely tamme

Sarai Posts: 7
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
Sarai

I wake up as my Daddy lowers himself back to the ground, and another helps me to stand on my own. My legs wobble at first, but soon I am up on my own. I watch, unsure of what everyone was doing and saying really. One mare looked under another who's belly was really really big. Daddy seemed to be comfortable around both of them, so I tried to trust him that they wouldn't try to squish me like my own mother had.

"If you don't mind... I'd rather her be with someone I know..." Daddy's voice seemed to be indicating that I was going to be with someone.... But who. “Of course I don’t mind Aaron.” The painted mare said. I assume Aaron must be my Daddy's name as he's the only boy here and Aaron sounds like a boy's name. “Come on dear.” Her gaze was on me, and I can only assume the painted lady means for me to come to her.

I wobbled slowly forward, taking my first real steps. Daddy had scooped me up on his back with the help from his strange creature. It's when I get close, that I can smell the milk. Oh milk! My stomach growled in protest. Mother had not let me drink, and I needed to nurse desperately now. I wobbled closer, leaning against the painted lady if she let me till I found where I needed to be.

Oh glorious milk! I with all the fighting and moving hadn't really given thought to just how hungry I am, that is until right now. I drink until my belly is full. Only then does my head appear back out from under the black and white lady. On my bay lips, a white line of milk.

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

She is clothed with strength and dignity
Image Credit

Amaris
drákos istoría

Gentle nudges, pushes and bumps eventually got the child down from Aaron's broad back and onto the pine-needly ground. Amaris watched her closely, feeling protective over the helpless girl, protective and faintly maternal - had she ever been around a foal this fresh, this young before? Aside from when she was a child herself - Amaris wasn't sure she had ever met another quite this newborn.

It was then that she noticed the bloodied hide of Aaron, then that she took in the full severity of his wounds. With a thought, she summoned two dragon-souls, one green and one red, and sent them onwards into the lands.
"I've sent them away to find a healer," she offered by way of explanation, as Dramyrth flew high above the gathered to scout for any approaching herdmates, healer or no.

It was a blessing, she supposed, that the child appeared unharmed, that the stallion had taken the beating meant for her, but the dragonmare still did not enjoy the sight of it, the thought that a mother would turn upon their own blood so easily - a shiver rattled her spine at the notion.

Amaris had been raised with strong familial values, with love and support, with a herd, a sister, a cousin, a family. And even though this child was not hers, even though at most, she might be considered an 'aunt' of sorts to it, she vowed to be present in its life, to ensure that despite its dark beginning, it would live and grow to see the beauty in the world, to feel love, to feel happiness and security.

Golden eyes watched as the filly began to drink, though she flicked her attention to the standing-again Aaron, silently suppressing her surprise and awe that he had the strength to rise again. He was a strong steed, a good father, from what she could see. Gently, Amaris offered him a light touch of her muzzle upon his shoulder, a comforting caress, wishing she could do more to ease his pain but helplessly unable to do so.

"She'll be safe here," she commented with her warm tones, hoping her words spoke the truth, hoping that the dangers that had been plaguing the lands would not intrude upon their borders to snuff out the new light that was Sarai. "Rest for now, once she's had her fill of milk, we'll all go to the stream to wash your wounds," she decided, knowing it best not to suggest that he part ways from the filly even for a moment, even if she was safely suckling by Alysanne's side.

The absence of a healer was noted by the dragonmare, as she heard echoes of her soul-lights searching across the lands, she figured they would have to resolve his wounds the old-fashioned way - streams and herbs, time and patience.

Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Alysanne @Aaron
I like being tagged!

AARON

“Of course I don’t mind Aaron.” Her words, they were like music to my very tired ears. "Told you everything would work out." A soft smile plays across my lips. “Come on dear.” I watch as little Sarai moves forward and drinks for the first time. It is only then, I let out a sigh of relief. She was safe, and nursing. "Thank you." I speak to both mares as it's only then that my brain registers Amaris's words about fetching a healer.

"She'll be safe here," The dragonmare's words were warm, much like the tones of her mother. "Rest for now, once she's had her fill of milk, we'll all go to the stream to wash your wounds," I nod, knowing she was right. Alanna's and my wounds needed to be tended to, before any infections set in that could take me from newborn daughter.

Alanna lays down at my side, finally letting her guard down for the first time since we found the she demon trying to murder my little princess. We're going to okay, right? "Yes. But now, you need to find your son. Bring him home with us." I agree. Brendan was still out there somewhere. He might be grown, but he's still my son and Sarai's older brother. Family, is the world to me. I may not of ever found my little sisters's kids, but i'll be damned if my own two kids don't know each other. "Not gone yet. We can still finds them too. Or if they gone, maybe they had kids..." I hold back a shudder at that thought. But if that was the case, well I have little hope of ever finding them.

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

Et Spiritus Sancti