the Rift

[OPEN] push and pull like a magnet

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
This was where she was, all that time.

All of it?

Maybe.. Maybe not all of it. She went to the shadowlands, to where the wraiths came from, in the Marsh… And then she was resurrected here. Akaith imprinted as much to me, before they..

Mentally, both dragons pushed their thoughts aside, settling to merely view the still pond in companionable silence. Dramyrth, perched atop his beloved's withers, purred lowly to her, offering some comfort for the grieving girl. The fact that two years had passed on Helovia had not made the fact that barely half a year had passed (from her perspective) since her mother's demise any easier. The dragonmare blinked back the warm tears that sprung up behind her golden eyes, though one rough one slipped away to shimmy down her scaled façade. She breathed a deep breath in, filling her expansive lungs generously, before sighing it all away - she would already remember her mother, as would the rest of the world, for Mirage the DragonHeart had left quite a footprint in her wake. Whether that was for the better or not - well, Amaris would live with the consequences of her mother's actions, no doubt.

I will never be her.

Do you want to be her?

It doesn't matter. I never will. I am Amaris. Dragonsblood is more than a magical transformation for me - I am a dragon, at least half of one.

You are the queen of my heart.

You are my king.

The conversation was a silent one, and was conveyed not so much in words but also deep, powerful emotions, feelings, sensations, even memories. As Dramyrth purred atop his beloved's withers, she too purred, in a way only she with dragonsblood could. It was like a low, soft rumble, one wouldn't hear or feel it unless they were standing close, and none would get too close to them without the couple knowing about it, and disbanding their current stance. But for now, they could stand, and bond, as they were wont to do when seeking solace and comfort in the memories and emotions they inexplicably shared.

OOC: Open! @Gulliver C:
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Gulliver Posts: 18
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
.A.
Gulliver seemed to have a habit of seeking out cold water to sooth his sore muscles.  Or maybe it finds him, knowing that he needs a soak to numb his body.  He might heal faster if he found a hot spring, but that thought didn't cross his mind.  He would rather be cold then overheated.  He waded in the pool, headed to find a deep spot.  The water caused goosebumps to form on his skin as it washed over his back.  Closing his eyes, he put his head under the water, opening them underneath to peer at the foliage and fish that called the water home.  He stayed under until he could no longer hold his breath, resurfacing to take a breath.  He stretched his neck and reached around to rub his cheek on his shoulders.  He needed to wash the mud and sweat from his hide.

As he washed his long journey away, he thought about his new home, and his new friends.  The Dragon's Throat had already made him feel complete, his welcome by Volterra and his friendship with Pippigrin.  He felt excitement fill his chest as he remembered his magical flight to reach the herd, how every nerve felt like it was burning with something you could only read about in fairy tales.  He needed to learn more about it, more about everything.  He was like a babe in this new land, but he aimed to change that.

His thoughts had him distracted, and he didn't realize that he was wandering aimlessly through the water.  He had turned a corner, and suddenly he had realized that he is not alone.  His ears pricked, his head tipping high as he spotted the winged mare in the distance.  His nostrils flared, her scent wasn't like a normal scent.  There was something different...reptilian...about it.  He stood like a statue, head and tail held high as the water lapped around his chest.  He stood for a bit, realizing soon that he was being rude by just staring.  Shaking his dripping forelock from his blue eyes, he started forward, staying in the water and stopping a few feet away from the mare.

He took a moment to take in the details of the mare.  A mix of champagne and gold adorned her, complimented by her large, scaly wings.  He noticed the unfamiliar animal that was perched on her withers.  Was this a dragon?  They were something that he only heard stories of, but Helovia seemed to be a magical place.  The presence of dragons didn't seem far fetched. There seemed to be a sadness that radiated from her, and his brow furrowed. "Hello, miss?"  He dipped his head, tucking his head to his chest in greeting and respect.  Straightening, he offered a kind smile. "Are you ok?  Can I help you in any way?"

He walks. | "He talks." | He thinks.

He is staring.

Who is?

Piebald stallion.

Let him look. What does it matter?

Now he's coming closer.

Suppose we should look a bit more animated then?

Humph.
The retort from Dramyrth was accented by his purrs evolving smoothly into deep growls, thunderous vibrations that the stallion should almost certainly be able to feel from the distance he chose to stop at from the pair. Amaris had opened her eyes a mere slit as he approached, but by the time he had settled in his position merely feet from them, she was looking at him wholly in turn, absorbing all that he was, arching a scaled brow at his abject scrutinising. The golden dragon atop her withers still grumbled, unhappy about their moment being shattered, ruined by this intruding steed's stare, taking his silence as judgement against his beloved bonded, which he wholeheartedly took a deep disliking of.

You don't know what he's thinking, Amaris admonished her beloved silently, allowing a smirk to tease the corner of her lips as she did so. He could just be deciding whether he thinks we're going to eat him for dinner or not, she added, as Dramyrth's growls intensified. Then the stallion spoke, and the dragonmare mirrored his greeting, nodding her tiara so that the curvature of her nape tipped her chin to bump against the four silver slashes that crossed her chest. See? He means no harm - do shut up with your incessant noise, or else I'll throw you in the pond! At this, the golden dragon huffed a smoky breath, aiming it over his bonded's shoulder and directly at the stallion, seemingly having decided his opinion of the brute already and not feeling inclined to change it. He could tell that Amaris meant her threat, however, and stopped growling, even going so far as to retreat to the canopy of the nearby treeline above to ensure he didn't meet the water in an unceremonious dunking.

"Hello," warm, honey-toned tunes spoke from the lips of mare, as she did her best to shake the remnants of the sad nostalgia she had been trapped in before from her membrane. It had become a habit of hers, to think too much on events long since passed, to yearn for her mother's embrace one last time, to wonder if any others felt this way. She needed to focus on the present, on the now, else she'd never find her way in this ever-changing world. "Oh," she said, pushing a small, musical laugh through her silvery-pink muzzle. "I'm fine, Dramyrth and I were just caught up in old memories. Sorry to cause you any concern," she explained the rough idea of her reverie, unwilling to offer any further detail to a perfect stranger.

"Thank you, though. For asking." She added with a grin. It was refreshing, of late, to find and in turn be approached by benevolent beings - Amaris had grown up in Helovia, where not all held such kind, altruistic intentions. Even the patron Goddess of her homeland was not a kind one - but those were thoughts for another time. "I'm Amaris," she said, with a shuffle and small stretch-flex of her wings, as if she was yet again shaking off the last lingering vestiges of her past so that she could focus on her present. "Who might you be?"

@Gulliver C:
Amaris
drákos istoría
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

.A.
He was relieved when the mare dipped her head, mirroring his greeting.  Though her height was comparable to his, her leathery wings made her look much more massive, and he was...well a wuss.  The smell of smoke filled his nostrils, and his orbs followed it to the golden dragon that was curled upon the mare.  His brow furrowed into a look of caution.  It seems the lizard had a dislike of him, but Gully couldn't really hold it against him.  He had interrupted their peaceful silence.  However, choking him out in smoke was passively aggressive.  He watched as the creature took cover in the trees.  He could feel the dragon's hard gaze on him, and he shifted his weight.  

His attention was drawn back to the mare, his ears swiveling back and forth from the dragon back to her words.  Her voice was much smoother then he anticipated, and he smiled as she sent him a friendly hello.  He shook his head, a chuckle filling him.  "Oh, I suppose it is habit for me to make sure everyone is ok.  I apologize for intruding on your reminiscing."  He started forward, still giving the mare a decent sized berth as he exited the pool.  His mane and tail felt heavy, and he gave them a good shake to rid them of the dripping water, feeling for the rosary.  He had to make sure it was still there.  It is always a concern for him, losing the little trinket.  Though it may not look like much, it is all he has left of his dear mother.

He gave a boyish smile, bowing slightly as he offered his name.  "I am Gulliver.  Many call me Gully, but it is a silly nickname.  Call me what you prefer.  I am pleased to meet you Amaris.  The stallion straightened, his toothy grin still on his face.  "I must admit, I have never seen a..."  He paused, making sure that the reptile that accompanied the mare was truly a dragon.  "...A dragon."  He sent a glance upwards, momentarily searching for a glimmer of golden scales.  "I don't think your companion is impressed." He again sent an apologetic look, this time aiming for the dragon above.

He walks. | "He talks." | He thinks.

@Amaris

Honestly, must you be so capricious?

I don't know what that means.

Must you be so, so.. you?

It is all I know how to be.

The smoke clearly affected the stallion, and guilt plagued the mare, though there was little she could do about it. Lifting a wing slightly, she waved it about a few times to help the remnants of Dramyrth's smoky breath dissipate. She loved her companion, truly, but she did not approve of his antics all the time (even if he did simply claim that it was who he was and therefore unpreventable). Amaris was an introvert at heart, she enjoyed her downtime, her quiet thinking time, but she was also one who was naturally drawn into the limelight, if not by her appearance alone, then usually when others caught wind of her lineage and wanted to know more about the wonders that was Mirage the DragonHeart.

Golden eyes watched the stallion's careful moments, and she allowed a small token of amusement to glitter behind her eyes, though she did not mean it in a mocking way. It didn't last long, as curiosity, and a dragon's nature to notice shiny things, rose up and clung on to the trinket that lingered by the steed's ear. Questions bubbled up in her mind, though she held onto them, satisfied enough for the name(s) the stallion offer her to call him by.

"The pleasure is mine, Gulliver," call it a remnant of her mother's habits for rarely adopting nicknames for others, Amaris carried on the same tradition, preferring to use one's name in full wherever possible. The dragonmare mimicked the steed's action of bowing, though not so deep - hers was more a of deep nod, an acknowledgement of their shared respect for one another as newly met acquaintances. Amusement glistened again behind her gaze as she watched the stallion attempt to track the whereabouts of Dramyrth, as if concerned the dragon might perform a random drop attack upon him (which, let's be honest, isn't all that far-fetched a fear).

The golden king was sprawled across a branch almost directly above his bonded and her new acquaintance, the only thing properly visible of him was the last foot or so of his great tail as it slung over the side of the branch. It twitched occasionally, much like a cat's would. It was as if he knew the stallion's gaze was searching for him (he did know, for he was linked to Amaris and privy to her thoughts and observations), and was intentionally only showing bits of himself.

The dragonmare offered a soft laugh at the stallion's observation of Dramyrth's level of impression. "Try not to take it to heart," she advised warmly, hoping to establish that Dramyrth's actions where no representation of her feelings. "He is wont to behave as he wishes - being a dragon, not much stops him from doing just that." Amaris shrugged - she was not about to enforce herself across the bond to bend and break and destroy everything that made her companion Dramyrth just to have a bondmate who isn't a complete jerk to at least half of the beings they came across.

"Never fear - I'll protect you if he decides to blow more than smoke at you," she added with a playful wink, hoping to dispel any concerns the stallion had about being near them, though probably not going about it quite the right way.

@Gulliver C:
Amaris
drákos istoría
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

.A.
CAN YOU PROMISE ME THAT NO ONE WILL CRY AT MY FUNERAL
He continued to silently observe the golden dragon, only seeing a sliver of his flicking tail. Although he tried to be discrete in his observation,his gaze didn't go unnoticed by the mare. He met her eyes as she laughed and spoke.He mirrored her giggle, shaking his head at himself. Yes, the winged lizard was a sharp-toothed predator, but did he have any reason to think he would truly attack him?"I apologize.  Really, I am more fascinated then frightened." He spoke with confidence, his voice stayed unwavering as he sent another glance at that twitching tail. Even though he had just met Amaris, he trusted her as far as her companion was concerned.  And yes, the dragon was his own person, there seemed to be an unbreakable bond between the two.  Gulliver doubted that Dramyrth would risk the dragonmare's disapproval.

He laughed openly with Amaris' next words.  Her playful demeanor that accompanied put him at ease.  He allowed his shoulders to relax and moved himself into a spot of shade. "Well, if you protect me against Dramyrth's fire, I will have to repay you.  I can't leave a debt unpaid.  So tell me, Amaris.  Should you step in for me, what can I do for you?"  Gulliver allowed himself to speak freely.  As the words came out of his mouth, they hit his ears like flirtations.  He didn't mean to sound flirtatious.  He aimed to sound more like a friend or sibling, teasing her lightly.  Oh, well. He can't rewind time.

The man could feel his hair drying.  Less droplets fell from the strands and tangles that hung from his crest.  However, the heavy mane hung its's entirety to one side, and thus Gulliver shook, distributing it more evenly on both sides of him.

@Amaris|| Blah!

"No need for apologies, sir Gulliver," Amaris said kindly, laughter in her tones. "He is nothing if not proud and set in his ways," she offered with a small shrug, though there was clear affection in her voice for the dragon king who sulked in the tree above. Their bond was still relatively new, despite the accelerated rate in which Dramyrth had evolved into the grand specimen he currently is, they were still learning more about each other every day. Their bond was strong, true, but still largely unknown, or at least, unexplored. Their future in each other was secure, of that they were both sure; one would not live without the other (but hopefully it never came to that).

The steed's words are received kindly, for Amaris has no radar for flirtations or sexual connotations: she is an innocent, terribly ignorant to the pull of vernal, carnal desires, particularly since bonding with Dramyrth (though he had reached sexual maturity and indeed hunted down many a wild female dragon already, Amaris had never felt inclined to do the same for herself). So she smoothly, easily accepted his words with a devious smirk and a playful glint to her golden eyes.

"Hmm, a debt you say?" The dragonmare made a show of the words, arching her brow curiously and peering upwards as if in deep thought, twisting her lips as she did so to add to the caricature. "I think I'll need to know more about you, before I decide," she said, returning her gaze to him, making another show of looking him up and down, though she held up a wing between herself and he when he shook errant droplets from his mane. "Hmm, yes. Tell me, sir Gulliver, what are you good for? What could you possibly offer me that would repay such a debt?" It was a roundabout, playful way of getting to know someone, (at least, she hoped it was that, for she had gotten such simple social interactions wrong before).

@Gulliver C:
Amaris
drákos istoría
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

.A.
CAN YOU PROMISE ME THAT NO ONE WILL CRY AT MY FUNERAL
More about him...The thought made Gulliver chuckle.  He really is a boring man.  The most interesting thing about him was his title of apostle in his home, and even that was brand new.  He was silent for a moment, thinking of something that might amuse Amaris.  "Well..."He started, bringing his stormy eyes to meet hers. "What is it you like to do?  For fun, I mean.  I may not have much materially, but I can be fun to be around."  He smiled a large smile at the mare, his boyish nature apparent.

"As you probably already know, I enjoy a good swim.  Or if you have an issue, you have my loyalty".  He dipped his head, pledging his friendship with the mare.  Though the man usually takes his time making friendships, lately he has been gathering them in droves.  He couldn't really blame himself for becoming friends with Pippigrin.  The little pegasus had a way of making Gulliver feel like a yearling, giggling in the corner like frat boys.  He also had a good conversation with Astarot, of whom he had respect for.  Volterra may be his Sultan, but the draft stallion left an impression on Gully.

And now, he had an opportunity to make another friend.  It may come back to bite him, but his personable nature easily takes over. "So, Miss Amaris.  I suppose I shall be here for a day out or whatever you need.  Fire could be deadly, and you may save my life." He winked at the dragonmare, enjoying the light conversation.

@Amaris|| Blah!

The playful banter continued, the to and fro, the tossing of the spotlight from one to the other. He described himself, his habit of swimming, his joy for fun, his friendship, loyalty, comradery. The dragonmare was more appreciative of his words than he could have imagined - she felt that he meant them, that they were given with honourable intentions, with truth and conviction fuelling them. And yet, some small part of her hesitated, fearful, nervous, expecting inevitable backlash, or the revelation that it was all in jest, a joke, a mockery of her and her foolish dragonesque self.

Hmph, came the mental vocalisation of her thoughts from her bonded, though it was a loaded thought, because begrudgingly the dragon who sat in the tree above did not think too poorly about the stallion (but he was determinedly far too stubborn to show this outwardly). I'll help, was all the dragon said, though somehow he kept his actual intentions hidden, and remained silent and immobile otherwise.

An absent flick of an ear was all the notice she gave the dragonking, though she longed to delve more into his 'plan', she also wanted to give the painted steed before her due attention and time while he was here. Amaris bowed her shimmering, golden head, a bit more seriously, acknowledging, accepting of his words, and the weight of the meaning behind them. "You're very ki-" she began, only to be interrupted by the revelation of her dragon's master plan, merely moments before it came into fruition.

"DRAMYRTH!" she bellowed angrily, spreading her wings to encompass the stallion from a sudden appearance of fire raining down above. I'm helping~ the dragon said (most unhelpfully), as he spat the flames from his maw towards the stallion. It wasn't until Amaris noticed that the flames were actually relatively weak, and not even reaching her outstretched wings, that she caught on to his full intentions. But she maintained her fury, shouting quite sharply at the dragonking above them. "I don't need your help Dramyrth!"

And the flames stopped as suddenly as they had begun, and Amaris stood with her wings spread for a few more heartbeats, inhaling deeply, processing and gathering her thoughts, hoping the stallion hadn't turned tail and run away.

"Well," she said softly, as she slowly turned back to him, a hopeful smile upon her façade as she sought his gaze. "Suppose we're friends now."

@Gulliver C:
Amaris
drákos istoría
on deviantart
I like being tagged!