I'LL FIND MY OWN BRAVADO

TAG
OUTFIT
holding an egg!
WORDS
NOTES
joining post <3

I
t had been a long trek back to the Dragon’s Throat. Though while the mare had only been there once before, it wasn’t hard to find the way. She simply just continued south until she reached the Heart Caves, and moved directly further down until she finally came across the shore. Looking out across the vast span of water, Aelfwine’s eyes grew wide with wonder. How on earth was she supposed to make it across the water? Especially tediously carrying an egg safely. It still hadn’t hatched yet, and the mare began to wonder if it ever would! Perhaps the trauma of the events where she had received the gift had been too hard on the thing inside.

Still, the doe remained hopeful.

She called out across the water, wondering if someone would be able to hear her as she began to nestle the egg further into the makeshift satchel, made of leaves which were beginning to die. Quietly, she moved a bit further into the water, the liquid reaching up to her hocks before she paused, squinting her eyes through the afternoon sun in the hopes that someone might be able to offer her some advice on how to get across. She quickly glanced around to be sure she wasn’t missing something, but alas there was no bridge in sight! Looking down to her compass duo, she sighed, knowing that none of them would be helpful in her endeavors, but instead shifting them slightly so they covered the wounds inflicted upon her neck from the dragon that had once clutched the egg that Aelfwine now carried so dearly.

Do you think they’ll hear us?” She murmured quietly to the egg, not feeling it beginning to move in its makeshift home.

"Talk."

ISHY of thq & adoxography, neverrmind +memuii.

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

"WRETCHED AND WILD
ALL GLORY AND TRASH."

He could often be found down by the waters edge, and today was no different. There was no beating the feeling of the hot sun on his back, or the cool tranquil waters of the Throat on his skin - in fact, Reich had begun to think that there was no better place in all of Helovia. It was always perfectly warm here, and the occupants of the Throat had all so far been wonderful - though it was lacking in... eligible bachelorettes. Not that Reich would have shifted his attention from the Basin to dabble with anyone, in fact, he'd been daydreaming all morning of soft blue skin and innocent eyes. It was not until he heard a familiar voice calling out across the water that he paid attention to the world around him, and once he did so, his broad, pleasant smile widened. Aelfwine. He'd have known that breezy, exciting voice anywhere, despite only meeting the antlered woman once before.

Reich slid into motion, most muscles moving fluidly underneath his silky brown skin. He had a slight limp - courtesy of Pippigrin and their unfortunate battle, and so was slower than usual as he made his way toward the Bridge of the Sun God with his newly acquired key. The little hobbit had left him bruised and bloodied, though his wounds had begun to heal thanks to the good weather of the Throat and the vitality that ran through his veins. Approaching the bridge, Reich found himself to be almost nervous - he'd not used the key to introduce members before! So it was with an energetic grin that he arrived upon the other side of the Bridge, silver eyes bright with welcome as he saw the elegant figure of Aelfwine.

"Aelfwine!" He called, musical voice sliding toward her with ease. He followed his voice in a swift pace, almost bouncing along through the shallow water. "What a pleasant surprise!
What brings you and your... egg, to the Throat?"
Reich studied the delicate egg with clear interest, though he couldn't help but shift his long lashed gaze to Aelfwine every now and again.

please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

He has been keeping a close eye out for the newest addition to the herd. Aelfwine is, in many ways, his perfect woman; a budding warrior, a beautiful sight, and a competent lover. Having her join the Throat sends shudders of delight down his spine, as he knows it will allow them to continue the tawdry affair that they'd started. When he hears the antlered mare's cry, he's there in an instant - his monolithic stride draws him at a gallop across the Throat's sands, not stopping even when he reaches the shore. His key creates wings of fire, bringing him soaring across the water until he lands with a thud next to the warrior beauty. Even without beer goggles on, she's a stunner. A smile spreads slowly across his face, his eyes undressing her with absolutely no sense of shame.

She is not alone, though. "Reichenbach," comes the rumbled greeting, his eyes assessing the other man's wounds with approval. "Sparring, I see? Excellent." There's a pleased smile upon the titan's face, because knowing that his warriors are doing their duty is a fine indicament of the Throat's desire to be known as the ultimate soldier herd. The Indomitable's own flesh bears marks of recent battles, not least the still-healing gash that ripples across his left shoulder courtesy of this very woman.

He might like the brown warrior, yet Volterra is still a possessive beast of a stallion and the familiar way that Reichenbach addresses Aelfwine is not lost on him. He marches forwards, pressing his great weight next to the woman, seeking to plant a possessive nip upon her withers then trying to roam his muzzle up her powerful neck, breathing warm heat against her skin to inspire memories of their sordid tryst. One does not need to be a body language expert to see that Volterra is saying mine in the most primitive and obvious way possible, and when he finally draws away from the antlered beauty, his gaze is dark with a mixture of lust and masculine possession. "Aelfwine, it is good to see you again." The earthquake of a voice is softer than usual, but still authoratative and thunderous, and his muscles are tense and hard. He hopes Reichenbach doesn't take it personally - he is fond of the man, yet he is not fond of sharing.

It's only then that his eyes roam downwards, settling upon the egg at the mare's hooves. "An egg!" he booms, joy radiating through him. Aelfwine's species means she can't bond to a dragon and all other companions are, of course, inferior - Vadir bugles her agreement from her position in the skies where she's lazily circling on an updraft - but it's still good to see one of his warriors about to bond. "My congratulations. Come, let us enter the herd." He steps towards the shore until his fiery wings begin to blaze again, inviting Aelfwine to stand next to him so the effect of his key will cover her, too.

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Aelfwine OH VOL PEEING UP THAT LAMP-POST

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine
I'LL FIND MY OWN BRAVADO

TAG
OUTFIT
holding an egg!
WORDS
NOTES
joining post <3

T
he first thing the dappled doe spotted was a vaguely familiar form crossing over to her. At first she was raking her brain trying to pinpoint where she had previously seen the handsome man; however the closer he drew to her and the more clear his features became, a wide grin spread across her face. Her name erupted from his lips as he moved toward her with a swift yet graceful pace, bouncing through the water. “What a pleasant surprise!” She nodded to him, her dark forelock bobbing against her pale face. As he asked her what she was doing here, she simply chuckled lightly. “Well, I’ve come to live here!” She admitted, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

Though they weren’t alone for long. Just as Aelfwine was about to pick up the egg and ask to cross the water, another familiar form cascaded through the sky on wings of fire. At first, Volterra acknowledged her friend from the speed dating, noting the marks on the man’s body that Aelfwine in her excitement had missed. Soon after, the Gladiator (as she remembered him being, the news of promotion still unheard of for the doe) began to move toward her, pressing his bulk muscle into her. She breathed deeply as he nipped her withers, her dappled skin twitching with the movement as she offered Reichenbach a look as if she was saying “I’m not sure what this is about” mixed with “sorry”.  After a few moments she looked back at Volterra, her emerald eyes lingering on his skull marked face. “Volterra.” She purred with a small nonchalant wink. Then, the Gladiator noticed the egg, and Aelfwine bent down to scoop it up carefully. “Thank you. I fought a dragon for it, you know.” She began, a small laugh breathlessly leaving her lips. “Got these wounds from the matter.” She added, motioning toward her neck where a few deep wounds were beginning to heal.

Then, he stepped toward the shore and Aelfwine looked to Reichenbach, hoping the handsome chocolate stallion would accompany them as she stood beside Volterra and gained the same fiery wings he had as he crossed the waters. After a few moments, with the fiery wings doing all the work, she had safely made it to the orange sands of the Dragon’s Throat. She inhaled deeply with an excited smile – the prospect of flying was always something she had wanted to do, but never had been able to. Is this how everyone got around? If it was, she was more than prepared to spend a while here.

"Talk."

hope you dont mind that i posted it so that they were in the throat now! <3 i think after the next set of posts I'll have her companion hatch if you guys wanna stick around for that :3

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

"WRETCHED AND WILD
ALL GLORY AND TRASH."

His ebony curls bounced wildly as Reich turned to watch his Sultan fast approaching on wings of flame - a mighty sight, and one that sent a warm glow through the gypsy man's body. He was proud to work alongside giants like Volterra, and not simply because of his rank, but because the man was simple, genuine and straightforward. There was nothing worse than politics, nothing more barbaric than fighting with words - though perhaps his opinion was slighted by the fact that he was no good at either weapons. "Yes, with Pip, actually. He's a swift and sure asset to the Throat." His baritone voice echoed on empty ears, however, as Volterra marched forward and began his display - much to Reich's bemusement. He matched Aelfwine's emerald gaze and smiled slightly, it was no business of his who his Sultan fancied... though the choice was one Reich could understand. Aelfwine was sweet and stunning but also strong, adventurous and smart... a catch for any man, and a worthy friend. Reichenbach himself was not a fan of bedding many women (as the unfortunate rumours of their Sultan implied), but he had no qualms about Volterra doing so, so long as his affections were reciprocated.

Catching Aelf's inquiring glance as they set off to return to the Throat, Reich grinned and tossed his handsome head, the tinkle of his coins accompanying them as they set flight on wings of flame. He didn't mind that Vol had taken his sweet friend, and flew beside them on lazy wings, occasionally snapping companionably at Vadir with a grin. As they alighted, he could not help but to feel... well, at home, despite his constant desire to travel. "Welcome to the Throat" he hummed, shaking himself as if to remove the feeling of flight. "Personally I enjoy the oceanside, but it's all beautiful." Reich considered adding a "like you" to the end of his sentence, purely to see what reaction he could garner from Volterra, but chose against it. The relationship between himself and his Sultan was amiable, even brotherly, and he'd rather not put a dent in it for the sake of fun.

ooc; ahh sorry this is a bit crappy :/ but wanted to get something up so we could continue!
@Aelfwine @Volterra
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

A quizzical, impressed glance is given to her as she tells him that she'd fought a dragon for her egg. "Impressive," he rumbles. He can feel Vadir's scornful thoughts despite the distance between them - "as if anybody could take an egg from a dragon unless she was willing to hand it over!" - and quickly shakes his great head to rid himself of the queen's cold voice. He eyeballs the antlered mare's wounds with interest, although he secretly prefers the ones that he had placed upon her body.

Aelfwine appears to be as eager as anybody to get into the edge, and Volterra obliges with swift ease. His shoulders erupt once more into flaming wings, and he relaxes into them as they carry him across the raging sea below and towards his home. Reichenbach soars nearby, seemingly unoffended by the leviathan's somewhat unnecessary show of possession, even nipping playfully at Vadir as the gold deigns to fly nearby. She bellows her disapproval and opens her mouth to unleash a blast of flame, but Volterra stymies her with one single, withering glance. "Fine," she growls, shooting the bay stallion a dirty look before ascending high above the three flame-winged equines.

They alight upon the Throat's familiar shores with a light thud, and Volterra feels his usual unbridled sense of pleasure at being back upon terra firma. Reichenbach offers his welcome to the Throat, and the Sultan seconds it with a nod. Ah, yes...he hadn't revealed to her that he'd been promoted, had he? "I am Sultan of these sands now, Aelfwine, promoted by the Sun God himself." For once it isn't meant as a brag, more a simple statement of fact. "I hope you don't just like Gladiators." A small, cheeky grin is given to her.

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Aelfwine @Reichenbach

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine
I'LL FIND MY OWN BRAVADO

TAG
OUTFIT
holding an egg!
WORDS
---
NOTES
joining post <3

R
eichenbach wasn’t wrong about the beauty of the Throat. As she landed and the sand began to settle around her feet, she observed the way the sun hit every dune, glimmering and glinting with light as it hit each small fragment. A grin crossed her features as she looked to Reich, her emerald gaze lingering onto him for a bit longer than it should have, until Volterra’s voice reached her ears.

She looked to him then, as he nodded and spoke. “I am Sultan of these sands now, Aelfwine, promoted by the Sun God himself.” Her eyes grew wide and a brighter grin crossed her pink muzzle. “Oh congratulations Vol! That’s such an honor!” She exclaimed, her tail swishing behind her in delight. “Our lessons will continue, though, I hope?” She questioned with her own cheekiness and a tilt of her head.

Then, the egg after Aelfwine had rested it back in the sands at her feet began to shift and wobble, small cracks forming on the surface of the egg. It took a bit for Aelfwine to notice, but when she did her head immediately dropped to it, bright glimmering gaze watching the cracks start to spiderweb and something move within. Excitement billowed in her chest as it began to writhe within the shell. “Oh my gods! What a beautiful day!” She whispered in awe, so many wonderful things were happening today, she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to keep up with it.

After a little bit longer of the creature within, tossing and turning while the egg broke away, a pale white nose peeked out of the shell. Aelfwine began to hum a small song to the creature within, excited to see what it was that came out of it. After a bit longer, a full head emerged, bare but deerlike, with brilliant green eyes that mimicked her own. Then, one foot after another, cloven and thick, dark in a chocolate brown color, the same as her head despite the pale snow-like muzzle. And the tail of the creature was like a small white nub, wiggling in excitement as it took in the world, squinting through the bright light of the sun as it reflected off the sands. Aelfwine took a moment to admire the cerndyr, looking at the way it’s fur was a cream colored hue in the front, fading to a darker brown towards her back, with little splotches of the same cream colored sunbeams as it reached up toward her spine.

Aelfwine looked up excitedly to Volterra and Reich as the companion made its way to the dappled mare’s side, pressing into her legs lovingly while excitement and love flooded Aelfwine’s mind and chest. “Is… Is this my companion?” She whispered in awe, looking down at the beautiful deer. Another burst of love rushed through the bond, and it was then that Aelfwine knew this beautiful cerndyr was hers. “I think I’ll call you Vanya.” She whispered to the cerndyr as a little bleat of acceptance escaped the small creature.

"Talk."

WEW LITTLE VANYA <3333
She looks like this right now! <3