the Rift

A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested]

Yoruko Posts: 6
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 4 [Tallsun]
Rose
Yoruko awoke that morning with the sun on his back and birds singing above him. It was already mid morning by the time he opened his eyes. The air was warm and the ground felt hot on his hooves. Bowing down to the ground stretching his legs, he pushed his black and blue wings out as far as they could go. Looking in the distance he saw a young apple tree. Feeling a little famished, he gingerly walked over making sure no one else had also come to this tree in search of the same tasty snack. Lifting a wing to knock it down, he caught it in his mouth and made a big crunch. Juice from the apple dripped down his half black half blue lips as natural sugars clung to the hairs on his chin. Looking further to see a forest not but a mile off in the distance, he became curious of what might be there. Finishing his apple before leaving, he set on his path toward the tree infested area.

Getting there, he was cautious about going in. What if there were big cats or wolves that were waiting to eat him? What if these were parts owned by another herd and he was challenged to a 20-1 fight? He didn't mind fighting and quite enjoyed the thrill of it but he wasn't about to take on more than he knew he could handle. Brushing past leaves that tickled his sides he attempted his way in, unsure of what he might find.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: I'm not sure what herd I want him in but I know I don't want him an outcast, so I'm leaving it open to whatever herd would be willing to accept him ^-^

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Her last foray into the Threshold was more than a little annoying; the thought of challenging the tiny horse just to reclaim some lost sense of honor has rattled around her head for a couple of days, but the ultimate conclusion is that if she can crush the little guy just by lying down, then it probably wouldn’t be a fair fight.

So. Onwards and upwards, as always.

Summer wains, but here, the trees seem to hold in the warmth and humidity of the dog days, those surprisingly hot, devilish days that trick you into thinking summer isn’t on its way out. Built like a tank, Wessex also tends to hold fast to natural warmth, and in the spots of sunlight that flash through the canopy show sweat-darkened skin amongst the naturally mottled patches. Today, her tail has also managed to hold fast to some overgrown plant matter, and she’s been unable to dislodge the vine wrapped around her longest spikes. It trails behind her, rustling when she would have silence – but she isn’t trying to surprise anyone, so there’s no real problem at the moment.

In a fairly clear area between copses, she spots an unfamiliar Pegasus and offers him a loud greeting and moves to meet him near the cluster. However, she is almost immediately sidetracked by the smell of apples, and suddenly salivating, finds that little treat far more important. “Hey, where did you find an apple tree?”

The Threshold is rather large, and Wessex hasn’t been here long enough to thoroughly explore every inch of it – but if she could have her own little apple secret, that would be the sweetest victory.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Yoruko
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Aurora Basin Stallion
Rose
Yoruko treading his way through the forest was stunned by a sudden sound from another horse. Looking up his eyes quickly met a gray mare with an array of white horns around her head with red tips. He'd never seen such a thing on a horse and was quite dumbfounded as to what they might be or if she's even horse and not a dragon of sorts.

She came to him and stopped, opening her nostrils to smell the scent of apples that still remained on him, clung to the hairs on his chin. 'Hey, Where did you find an apple tree?' She said. The mare seemed very eager to know the answer of apples rather than the normal questions that might've arose from a stranger like: Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you here? Coming back to his senses he pointed a right ear behind him and lifted a wing. Stretching it out he pointed with his longest feather to a place about a mile off where he had come but the ground was flat and left the tree visible.

He didn't speak seeing that she was a stranger and really was too shy to. On another hand if she wasn't even a horse, what language would he speak to talk to her? He soon realized his thoughts were silly and unreasonable considering the mare had just spoke his language to ask him about the apples.

Studying her more now that she had her attention to the apple tree he had just pointed out, his wing distractedly fell to the ground. Looking over her face first, he noticed another much smaller spike that came just above her soft nostrils. Moving up he studdied the atrange spikes that crowned her head and cheekbones. Her gray coloring was certainly the opposite of dull and boring. It was a pleasant mix of dark and light hues that made her all the more interesting. He wanted to reach out and touch her, like a child he didn't know much of manners. Yoruko took a few steps forward and stretched out his neck in attempt to reach the red tipped spikes on her. He never stopped to think that this hasty decision to touch someone might have been taken as disrespectful and possibly get a gash from her if she felt threatened. But then again, he never took the time to think about anything of importance really, he is rather impulsive.

Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Well when you spend as much time eating as Wessex does, apples become rather important. You don’t think she just magically keeps up this beautifully buff appearance by sheer will power, do you? No, it takes training and sweat and blood and eating one’s weight in food to look like the tank they all ‘affectionately’ call her.  She’s sure they’ll get to the normal pleasantries in no time, but apples? Those wonderfully sweet, crunchy little orbs of fruit are for the here and now.

It’s remarkable how single-minded and stubborn she can be at times. Bone-headed. Literally.

Kohl-rimmed eyes narrow ever so slightly as the Pegasus gestures, but does not seek. Her gaze follows his direction to a solitary grove a ways off. Her first thought is that the whole thing is rather odd – a singular tree, the way he does not speak. If she didn’t know any better, she’d think someone is fucking with her mind just for shits and giggles. “Right. Great. Thanks.” File that under ‘potentially hidden gems that may or may not be real,’ and believe it or not, that apple tree is the only tidbit of info in that file. So. Back to the Pegasus who is now… approaching her? Wessex snorts a low warning to the black and blue man, but he persists (also rather single-minded, apparently). Her ears flicker back in warning, but there is something in his eyes that keeps her from brandishing the very weapons he’s so fascinated by.    

Instead, Wessex keeps her cool in front of the painted Pegasus and moves away from his outstretched head, saying simply, “Dude. No.” Where was he raised, and by whom? Super touchy-feely folk? She remembers Tia’s joke that the Basiners all huddled together for warmth in the dead of winter, but that was at least after they’d done the introductions. “I’m going to need a name before I let you touch my pointy bits.”

And in return, he would get her name. Anonymous, casual things may seem what Wessex would be game for – but he’s entirely the wrong gender. And big ladies have feelings too, ok? Sometimes they just want a cute little thing to cuddle for awhile. no 'wham-bam, thank you ma'am.'

W E S S E X

image credit

@Yoruko  
I'm sorry this went off on a tangent D:

Aurora Basin Stallion
Rose
Yoruko still reached closer to the mare, ignoring all warning signs, mainly because he wasn't paying attention, and almost got close enough to touch. Suddenly the mare pulled back and it was then he noticed her ears flattened and her eyes gazing at him for his rude manners. Feeling embarrassed he put his ears back and lowered his head, his sign of an apology. It was then that the mare asked for his name in hopes of an answer.

Still too shy to speak, Yoruko began looking down at the ground and all around as if his excuse to get out of the question would found beneath his feet. What do I do? he grumbled in his mind. Seeing as he had already disrespected her once, he didn't have intentions to do it again. After all those horns looked very intimidating and a kiss from them would surely bring him a lot of pain. Seeing that he was taking way to long to answer and she was getting irritated with his mime-like personality, he did his best attempt at speaking.

"I'm Yoruko, I'm sorry for reaching to your horns." He said, or at least he thought he said. In his mind it was perfect but when it came out, it was ragged shaky words. Socialization issues from being alone for so long prevented him from speaking normally or often like others did. He was shy and unsure when talking to others, so most of the time he thinks it best not to speak at all. "H-I'm Yoru-mumm" It came out slowly as he searched for the words to say. "S-sorry f-fur horn-mms." Everything almost ended in a partial mumble. Dear Lord this mare would have to play a guessing game in order to speak to him, he was completely lost for words. Feeling embarrassed at his horrible attempt at speech his face slightly turned a shade of rose pink. He lowered his head apologetically, he spoke better in body language and gestures than anything else, and let out a small sigh. He was going to need a friend who wouldn't mind his speech issue to hang out with. But the chances of him finding such a friend were very low, but maybe she knew somebody, or maybe she could help herself?

Snapping out of his thoughts that overrun his mind he looked back up at her in wait for a response, whether that response would be concern or ridicule, that was a different story. Yoruko waits in hopes that he didn't just ruin his chances to have a friend or a herd to live in and have her walk away thinking about her wasted time.

Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Wessex isn’t the type to go on and on about the ‘proper’ amount of respect due to ranked members of herds, but she is all about the personal space. Which means no touchy.

He does seem to understand that much, at least, as evidenced by a rather sheepish look that washes over him, the mumbled jumble of words that trip over themselves coming out of his mouth. As if each word’s shoes were tied to the next and what happened was something that resembled coordinated falling. She got ‘hi, yoru -, sorry, and horns.’ She thinks. “Yoru?” the mare queries, thinking it must be part of his name, because there aren’t any other words that start like that. “Is that your name?”

Good God, she hopes that the rest of their conversation won't be this painful. Trying to get answers is like trying to pull teeth with this one.

“Well I’m Wessex. Are you lost, or wandering orrr… what?” Assuming the stallion could eventually get his tongue to work correctly, the Basin could always use another pair of eyes. Already she knows he is no thread to Helovia - a child could see that; but what if he is terribly sensitive, and she, the walking tank, is just oh so indelicate and bulldozes over the whole situation? This is where a companion might come in handy, to reign her back in when she becomes a literal wrecking ball. The Corporal has little patience for shyness. It simply isn’t a useful emotion.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Yoruko  She's all spikes now :)

Aurora Basin Stallion
Rose
“-ko” he quietly mutters knowing very well that she’s smart enough to fit the pieces of his scrambled puzzle together. As Yoruko meets her eyes again he realizes he has forgotten the most important lesson, if not the only lesson, that he learned from his mother before she left him. Respect. Fearing it was too late and his first impressions had already done the damage, he began to bow in greeting anyways. What’s the worst that could happen? Maybe she would strike him, maybe that would be best to save him from his mumbling silent life. A black knee sunk into the soft Earth followed by another knee of a blue-ish hue. His wings tucked themselves formally at the bend and fanned out at the ends to lightly grace the ground with their dark touch.

Waiting a moment he then came up. The gray mare with bright eyes spoke and introduced herself as Wessex, a full name introduction which seemed to be something Yoruko couldn’t accomplish. Maybe soon he would become more comfortable with her and learn to speak better, but perhaps not.

Bringing his black hooves back under him, he stood and faced her once again.. Yoruko lifted his wings in the form of a rather human gesture to say ‘I don’t know’ when being asked if he was lost or wandering. He really didn’t even know his soul purpose, only that he had ended up here now and found it the only place nearby with residents and he wanted in. After 2 years of wandering all by yourself, I’d like to think you’d be thirsting for some company too.

Yoruko pondered if he should attempt speech or not. Most everyone else had simply walked away from his silence or made fun of him when he tried to form words, but this mare was different. Though her appearance and facial expression still pronounced irritation, it was that she kept her cool and actually tried to listen that gave Yoruko the confidence to attempt speech again. Taking in a deep breath his lips parted as he began to speak in a mixture of speech and sign. “N-no where..” A wing began to make a small circle gesturing to the area around him. Then he stomped his right black hoof into the ground precisely two times. “..go.” he managed to breathe without mistake. Whew! It was hard work for him to work on forming his words but it certainly didn’t look like it from the outside. His untrained mouth was certainly becoming his enemy. Yoruko gazed back into the bright eyes that belonged to Wessex in a non-threatening way, awaiting to see what she might say.

Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
“Yoru-ko? Wessex repeats, adding the last syllable to what she’s already discovered.  Normally, she would wait for either an affirmation or denial, but the stallion is already bending a knee before her, and while that sort of respect is on her bucket list, it merely makes her feel uncomfortable in that moment. Her head shakes back and forth, waving those big ‘ol spikes around as if they were weightless, and she manages to stammer out something resembling a request for him to stop. “Oh, err, no. Don’t - That’s not necessary.” Lizard eyes flick away in order to avoid embarrassment. It’s an odd bit of humility from someone who craves power, but this isn’t the sort of power she wants. It must be earned; finding a wayward, shy man in the Threshold is no great accomplishment, not when she’d stood in his place not so long ago.

That embarrassment soon turns to annoyance again, as she is met with only gestures and incomplete sentences at her questions (which are important, she thinks, for it allows her to categorize him and decide whether or not she should bring him back to the Basin). A thin line forms across her lips in displeasure, but as Yoruko does manage to eke out some sort of response, she finds herself pitying him more than anything. Well, maybe Tia could find something for him to do. Apprentice him to one of the Weavers, perhaps, for they all seem to be gentle and relatively non-threatening. “Right, well then come with me. I live not too far from here. It’s called the Aurora Basin. But I should warn you that it gets cold as fuck in the winter, so if you can’t handle that, best stay here and wait for someone else to come along.”

She has no intention of babysitting him once they get back to the herd, but maybe he’s the sort who just needs the door opened for him in order to truly blossom. Without waiting to see if the multi colored pegasus is going to follow, Wessex turns and heads in a Northwest direction, spiked tail swaying back and forth - he’d do well to keep up, or risk a prickly urging.

Ugh. What is this niceness and when will it stop? Must be time to go beat up on someone again, cause she’s clearly losing her edge.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Yoruko  
Awww, thank you! I love her :) I can get a post up in the Basin tomorrow, or feel free to write them going there, if you feel so inclined

Aurora Basin Stallion
Rose
Yoruko heard her words as he bowed but he didn’t ay any mind to them. She was deserving of respect for the patience she had with him. When she spoke, she told of where she lived and offered him to come with her but warned him of cold months. The cold never really did bother him much, it was the hot that he could;t stand. His thick black parts of his coat soaked in all the extra rays and burned into the dark edges of his wings. Thinking of staying somewhere that was relatively cool and extra cold in the winter sounded delightful to him. Without waiting for any response or sign from him, she turned around and began walking ahead. It was then that Yoruko noticed the tail hidden behind her muscular body. It came out like a long rope and was foreign to him, not only that, but spikes protruded from there too. The same white spikes with red tips. It crossed his mind to reach out and touch one like he had wanted to before but then a quick memory of what had happened before went through his mind. Yoruko kept his head up. He had never been in a herd before and didn’t know any of the roles a herd member would have. He always had a willingness to help but he wondered if he would just be passed off because of his speech difficulty. Either way, he was grateful Wessex had offered her home to him and he happily followed.