the Rift

[PRIVATE] Getting to know all about you

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Whether or not they actually wanted to talk to Yael about their pasts, the two lovely black and white mares had given their word that they would allow it.  If the Queen and Moon Doctor are willing to talk to her, she hopes it will be evidence enough to the rest of the world that she is to be trusted. Yael wakes to a quiet pre-dawn world, a smile on her lips for the first time in many months. Morning mist lays heavily across the cliffs, drifting amongst the pine trees in ghostly silence. When the sun begins its early climb, the haze turns into a fine aurelian sheen, gold gauze draped across their land in swathes that evaporate into cotton-candy nothingness.

Freshness lingers on her tongue as she eats and drinks her fill before setting off to find either woman. It doesn’t matter which one she speaks to first, both gentle women would be good test subjects for her to practice and hone her questioning skills. Already, she’s made up her mind to let sleeping dogs lie – accept whatever someone is willing to give her under empathy and gentle curiosity. No judgement. This is supposed to be enlightening, educational, and therapeutic – not traumatizing.

Finally, she spots the Queen, but takes her time closing the distance between them. When it seems as if Aly isn’t busy anymore, Yael clears her throat and offers the woman a wide, easy smile. “Good morneeng, Aly. Are you readee?” She pauses and looks around, quickly adding. “Ve can stay xere, or take a valk… vhatever you vant!” Is she over-eager? Ah, damn. She’s letting the nerves show. So she might as well just put it all out in the open. Sheepishly, she shrugs and glances down at the ground. “Ah, forgeev me! You are my first test subject. Eet ees bote eksiting and nerve-racking”

See? They’re really both in this together.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Alysanne

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The morning - like most mornings in the Edge - started in the most beautiful way. Alysanne loved to be awake and wander through the forests when it was growing light. The mists both obscured and enhanced so much - leaving behind glistening drops where it came in contact with the bark and with the ground. As much as she loved every season - she didn’t want this Tallsun to end. She wanted to live in a green world forever.

She was keeping an eye out for Yael, and her smile grew when she spotted the golden mare - looking like a dream as she emerged from the mists of their home. “Good morning Yael! I am ready.” Yael certainly sounded ready, full with enthusiasm, and it made Alysanne’s smile come easier. “Let’s go for a walk - and there’s nothing to forgive. I just hope my story is worth collecting!” Alysanne didn’t remember the last time she had shared her story - all of her friends knew bits and pieces. She had caught Iona up, of course, but that was something entirely different. It felt strange to know she was going to be the focus of attention for a period of time - and not just in a professional ‘hold a meeting’ type of way.

She gestured for Yael to join her and picked up an easy, strolling gait so that they could wander through the early morning woods. For a moment, Alysanne lapsed into silence before glancing over at the golden mare - unashamedly looking for a little nudge to get going. “Where should I start? Or... what would you like to know?”

Maybe Alysanne was a little nervous too.

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Yael and Aly are of the same mind regarding the weather – the warmer and greener, the better.  Winter is the worst type of punishment the God(s) could possibly send upon the world, for as far as Yael is concerned, there is never, ever a reason to kill everything and make their followers huddle together for warmth. Luckily, she is slightly better prepared for the upcoming season change, having recently gotten the sweetest gift from Raeden. As soon as the weather begins to turn, they’re sure to see Yael don it once the sun sets.

The newly minted Sage chose to approach Aly first for a reason: mostly because she’d rather not be nervous all day, and because she imagines Lyanna’s story will come more easily than the Queen’s – if only because she is closer to the Moon Doctor. Aly might require a finer line, a more gentle inquiry than Lyanna, and it’s time Yael started using some of her former skills again. “Eksellent,” Yael replies in a perfectly agreeable manner, as the two pegasi stroll through woods filled with tall, early-morning shadows. She rather naively thought the Queen wouldn’t need a prompt, but when she asks the golden where she should start, Yael realizes she may need to be a bit more hands on with this one.

“Vell…” she begins with a deep breath, “Vherever your feel zere ees a natural starting place. Perxaps vhere you vere born, ze name of eet? Eef zere ees somet’ing you do not vant to tell me, feel free to keep eet to yourself, but zis ees purely academic on my part… no judgement… ah, anyt’ing said een confeedence stays beteen us, of corse.” And really, who would Yael tell? She isn’t the gossip-y sort. Her head tilts a little to one side as she regards the friendly Queen, a light, encouraging smile urging her gently on.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Alysanne  
Sorry dis is blah :/

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The setting of the Edge and Yael’s easy manner help soothe the nerves that were threatening to rise and make Alysanne uncomfortable. It’s been awhile since she’s told anyone her history - and she’s thankful for the simple prompts that Yael shares to encourage her onward. “Okay, that sounds easy enough.” And it did - starting at the beginning seemed pretty logical.

“Well, I wasn’t born here in Helovia - as you know. I was born in a place called Nocturne, a land where magic and the supernatural were more prevalent even than they are here in Helovia. My father was a nymph, an earth spirit, and my mother a pegasus - sort of your everyday unlikely lovers story. My mother’s herd wasn’t accepting of their love because my father didn’t have wings, and so she left them to raise my twin sister, Iona, and I with my father. Iona was close with our mother and I with our father, I spent my foalhood learning about plants and everything he could teach me about the forests of our home.” Alysanne’s smile is fond, wishing that her father was here so she could show him the wonderful plants she had discovered in Helovia. “Our early years were pretty uneventful, spent mostly with our parents and not feeling the need for friends outside our family group.”

“The thing about Nocturne was the lines between Heaven and Hell and the earth were blurry - so there were angels and demons both among us. Iona and I travelled among the herds when we were younger, meeting new friends. I was fond of being a mother right from the beginning, it was always my dream to have a large family, and I adopted a few foals before becoming pregnant myself. I was only about three years old, and I was overjoyed upon discovering the news.”
The joy of that memory is chased quickly by the thoughts of what happened right after - and a large unspoken ‘but’ hung around her as she paused for a moment. “Although I was aware of the demons that lived in Nocturne, I never gave them much thought until one day… Iona and I were attacked, we had wandered into a dangerous land and paid the price.” Memories threatened to suffocate her and Alysanne shook her head quickly, in an attempt to shake them away and in a gesture to explain that she wouldn’t go into any more detail about what had happened to them that day.

“It was the first time anything terrible had ever happened to me - I was so young and naive, having been so well projected - and it rather crumbled my world. Not only was I hurt but I feared for the life of my unborn child. Thankfully, through the wonders of magic, I was healed - we both were.” Her voice faltered a little as she spoke there, but she isn’t sure whether she’s ready to share the story of how she was healed - of the memories that were robbed of her and the betrayal of her first true friend. “I gave birth a little while later to my first child, a gorgeous boy named Artorius. Before his first birthday, I was out travelling in the mountains and got lost during a snowstorm - and found myself in the Threshold in Helovia.”

“A mare named Kahlua from the Edge was one of the ones that greeted me there and I went with her. The others that greeted me were kind, but Kahlua had been temporarily cursed - to have mushrooms growing on her back, of all things - and her distress wouldn’t allow me to part from her company. I didn’t think I’d be staying in Helovia very long - especially with my sister and my son back in Nocturne - but I ended up reuniting with the father of my son here, Miykael had followed me, and before very long I had fallen in love with the Edge.”
Her green eyes travelled upward to the trees that surrounded them, letting the bliss that she associated with their presence travel over her.

She falls silent there - it seeming to be a good point to do so before moving onto the life that she lived in Helovia. And if Yael had questions, Alysanne would welcome them.

@Yael sorry for the wait! Alysanne's story is longer than I thought lol
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries