the Rift

[PRIVATE] All the beautiful and new things I'm learning about you

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Whether or not they actually wanted to talk to Yael about their pasts, the two lovely black and white mares had given their word that they would allow it.  If the Queen and Moon Doctor are willing to talk to her, she hopes it will be evidence enough to the rest of the world that she is to be trusted. Yael wakes to a quiet pre-dawn world, a smile on her lips for the first time in many months. Morning mist lays heavily across the cliffs, drifting amongst the pine trees in ghostly silence. When the sun begins its early climb, the haze turns into a fine aurelian sheen, gold gauze draped across their land in swathes that evaporate into cotton-candy nothingness.

Freshness lingers on her tongue as she eats and drinks her fill before setting off to find either woman. It doesn’t matter which one she speaks to first, both gentle women would be good test subjects for her to practice and hone her questioning skills. Already, she’s made up her mind to let sleeping dogs lie – accept whatever someone is willing to give her under empathy and gentle curiosity. No judgement. This is supposed to be enlightening, educational, and therapeutic – not traumatizing.

After first finding Aly, Yael spends some time talking with her and then moves on, content with how it all went.  The search for Lyanna takes just as long as it did for Aly (the Edge is large!) And the sun is easily already past its peak when she finds the teal-tipped Pegasus. She hails her friend with a joyful cry and approaches her with high spirits. With this one, at least, she wouldn’t be as nervous. “Good afternoon, Leeanna! Are you readee?” She pauses and looks around, quickly adding. “Ve can stay xere, or take a valk… vhatever you vant!”

See? They’re really both in this together.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Lyanna

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

She is usually not that hard to find, though today she’d been herb gathering, coming and going from the greenhouse in preparation for the coming cooler months. Which of course means that she is not just standing around weeding the garden or greenhouse making herself nice and easy to find. It’s mid-afternoon when Yael finds her, true to her word that she’d find them tomorrow. Lyanna wonders briefly if she already found Aly, figuring that is likely where the golden mare had spent her morning, though not sure and also not sure it’s really her business.

“Yael,” she says warmly as her friend comes to join her. She’d just dropped off some herbs and was wandering through the Edge looking for more, but had nothing picked yet, so this was the perfect time to talk. “Let’s walk?” she asks, because it was a beautiful day really. Tallsun is pleasant as it comes to a close, the days still hot but in a pleasant way, just warm enough to enjoy the sun on your back without roasting.

She nods in the direction of the cliff, settling into stride with Yael through the familiar forest of the Edge. “I don’t know how interesting my life really is, but here goes. I’m from a land called Morham, where my parents ruled. The teal coloring in a mark of the royal family, passed down through the generations. I had two other siblings, an old brother destined for the throne and a younger, rather spoiled, little sister.” She pauses for a moment, the trees thinning, the cliff beginning to come into view. It’s a sight she never get tired of.

She cannot bring herself to talk more of her family. To talk Yael how Corbin once trained her, how Adelene was spoiled rotten. How she missed them with almost every waking moment. At least, not yet. It seemed easier to just start with the basic story, to get through it, to let it sit in the air for once and not hang around her neck like a weight she cannot stand again. “There were all manner of horses in Morham, but the monarchs had always been Pegasi. Unicorns and equines were not treated unfairly, they simply could not rule. My parents were kind, though just. But still, sometimes the crown glitters too brightly for others to resist.”

She wonders how those that took over are faring, if they regret the taking the weight of the crown. It is beautiful, yes, but it is heavy. It is not something she’d ever sought to bear the responsibility of. “While my brother served his time in the army, some of the rebels slit his throat while he slept. When my parents went to investigate, much of the camp turned on them and murdered them as well. My sister and I, still at home, were aided by a few loyal servants and managed to escape. We found Helovia, and I left my sister in the Threshold to choose her own path. She did not stay, and I don’t know where she went." Someday, perhaps, she would look for her sister. But where would she even go? And if she failed to find her, the guilt might crush her.

“After that, I think you know most of the story. I came to the Edge after Elsa invited me, and met Alysanne when I got here. She was a Moon Doctor at the time, and she taught me much of what I know about healing. When she was promoted to Queen, I took her place as Moon Doctor.” She smiles at that, always enjoying how her life has followed her mentor’s and friend’s so well. There were certainly some good things in her life, despite the hell that had brought her here, Aly and Yael included.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Yael

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Together, the two pegasi weave their way through the forest of the Edge, dry pine needles muffling their leisurely pace. Yael is absorbed in Lyanna’s story, casting an occasional glance towards the teal-pointed Doctor every now and then in an effort to determine how she might still feel about the turn of events that brought her here. If there is wistfulness or a twinge of regret or nostalgia about her old home and family, it is well hidden. Yes, the golden woman knows that trick well. It is surprisingly easy to retreat behind the mask of diplomacy and recitation once you get the hang of it, and the motherly Sage wonders if that might be what’s going on now, especially as Lyanna recounts the death of her family members and loss of her younger sister.

When her friend finishes the story, Yael takes a breath a moment to process her thoughts, summarizing the sequence of events into the most important bare bones: former princess of Morham, brother, mother, and father killed, fled with sister to Helovia, and now sister is gone. Taken under Aly’s wing as Moon Doctor… and here we are today. “Eet ees more eenteresting t’an you t’ink, Leeanna. T’ank you for your story.” A shy, but genuine smile stretches across her face as she contemplates whether or not there’s anything else she wants to know. “Ah, I t’ink I only xaf vone or two more kestyons… vhere ees Morxam een relation to Xelovia? Do you ever vant to go back?” Not just to avenge the death of her family, but to rule?

Is Lyanna made of such ambitions, or is she the type that is able to forgive and move on? Even then, forgiveness does not preclude the desire to have power. The two can easily go hand in hand… I mean… just look at Yael.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Lyanna

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please