I KNOW HOW TO MAKE YOU SLEEP

TAG
OUTFIT
Mithril cloak
WORDS
OUTFIT
Bullwhip

T
he shrine and all of it's petulant glory had begun to thrum in the distance, practically replacing the oxygen with anxiety as tensions rose upon the air. Less vigilant than he should be and distracted by his opponent, the serpent himself was hardly expecting what the gods-forsaken place had in store for him today.
From the altar it approached. A bodiless form, one giving no drum of heart nor of breath, pressing it's weight into the swampy earth; only after the THWACK and BOOF of exploding smoke sounded from behind the attacking stag did he finally turn his bewildered crown around to face an entire tendril of snakes, slithering from the root of the explosion at his heels.
A gasp, breathless and misplaced among the fog errupted form his maw as Toulouse leapt from the growing bloom at his feet and the smoke and snaked that birthed it.
Then spoke the thunder.
'Kaos approves of this challenge.'

Chest rising and collapsing with each gasp, a sheen of nervous sweat gathered upon the shaken fighter's pelt, the victor strode forth. Blood and glory was the least of the thief's concern as he sheepishly craned his head to the muddied floor, dipping his maw to the wry grass and puddle water and tentatively lipping the blackened knife into his jaws. The victory was his, as was the enchanting blade, and yet he quivered, he quaked, eyes not daring to part from his ominous surroundings; not even to inspect the newly-won blade he held between his teeth. He didn't remember Kaos ever speaking in third-person before. Was this even Kaos?
"Show yourself!" The stag taunted, though immediately regretted his brash and thoughtless boom. He'd seen that bone monster throw Nyx aside as if she was naught but a daisy.

Day-of-shadow@deviantart.com
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
Kaos
"Oh, I don't think I will just now."

Came the reply. Another burst of black smoke erupted from behind Toulouse as it had done when he first issued his challenge. "But congratulations on your win ... though I would have liked to see an actual fight ... Oh well. Perhaps next time. Here, for your trouble-" A black lily grew just near Toulouse's hooves. As it opened, the petals peeled back to reveal a kaos amulet held within the onyx folds.

Congratulations! Toulouse has been given a kaos amulet!

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae slunk from the shadows like a cobweb being gently dusted from a chandelier. She floated forward, her body beginning to take on its ethereal appearance as she moved. More and more of her physique appeared to be created from a ghostly outline rather than real flesh and blood. Excitement and adrenaline always had that effect on her, and after hearing the disembodied voice of Kaos ringing out, she was nothing if not intrigued.

"Two prizes.." Tae said, her voice like the low end of a violin being softly bowed.  "How fortunate for you." The mandible-marked mare's pale white eyes surveyed the stag before her, wondering if it was because of his own merits that this day had been so fortunate, or if it was simple dumb luck. At her side, a large wolf and an even larger hellhound stood. Their hackles were raised, but their dark eyes were patient and alert; their hunger constrained by Tae's will.

The healer's wings were folded tightly around her muscular body, and although her stance appeared mostly casual, she was like a tightly coiled snake, ready to defend herself at the slightest provocation. This creature had called a challenge against Thranduil after all, and the Laurelin (normally anyways) was no easy win. 

tae
this was your heart, this swarm of flies
This was once your mouth - this bowl of lies
Image Credits